LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE--What can you do today? October 10, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE--What can you do today? October 10, 2021
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning, everyone!!

I'll be back later. I had a minute to get the thread started, so fire away!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tutu, Thanks for starting us off this week.

Other than doing a load of laundry and putting clean sheets on the bed, I have been pretty lazy.

Did watch the National Cathedral Church service this morning. Love their music.

Chatted with mom this afternoon. She was in a talkative mood, but with her memory loss she talks in circles.

Took a short snooze in my recliner.

Have the Bears football game on.

Lymetoo--are you watching the Astros in post season baseball?

Finishing off the last of the big pot of spaghetti I made and froze some time ago. Just need to cook the rice pasta and add some fresh green beans and a salad.

Have a good book to finish reading, too.

Have a great week! [hi]

[ 10-10-2021, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. I keep missing when the Astros are on. I have no clue. I guess I'll Google that.

We had a good morning at church. Another local person showed up. He said he would be back.

We had about 8 visitors. Most are tourists, but we won't hold that against them. LOL.

Went to a Chinese food place we hadn't been to in quite awhile. We weren't sure they were open on Sunday. Enjoyed it.

Took a nice nap. Went to the store rather late, but it wasn't dark until I got home.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. We are expecting storms soon. Oh joy!!

Stay safe, hiker. I'm sure it's coming to you next.

I'm off to watch my music programs. I watch Larry's Country Diner and then our local one (that is broadcast nationally) on Sunday evenings.

I pray AK and her mom are surviving the HVAC problem.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was up late last night with sweats.
Was up early this morning washing sheets. Same as you hiker.

My sister picked up a knick knack bathroom shelfy thing at a garage sale. I replaced screws and re-glued bird figurines, then sprayed a coat of polyurethane. Turned out great.

Cleaned bathroom because you can't put a new knick knack shelfy thing with bird figurines in a dirty bathroom.

Made steak on grill with fresh asparagus, enough for 2 meals.

Took down bamboo shade on porch. Big black spider came out at brackets. Sprayed it and left it outside.

Took down a canvas picture frame. It is of an Italian country side, lots of greens and oranges. Big black spider came out of frame so I dropped it. Had to spray that too.

Spent a few hours in bed reading. I have a hospital food tray on wheels that I highly recommend. Place med's, phone, iPad, Kleenex, paper and pens, etc. Perfect for bedridden days.

Getting my energy back slowly. Can't push it.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there Tutu and thanks for starting us off this week. Sounds like you had a great Sunday. I'm struggling with the mold issue and talked with Josh so Mom and I are bunking at his house.

The AC guy is coming Tuesday and I'll see if they can remove the old unit and the duct work ASAP. He said they'll seal the vents too.

I worked my tail off for Sunday dinner. I invited my brother and his family but his son couldn't make it. So dinner for 7.

My SIL is doing keto and my youngest niece is a pescatarian? No meat except seafood. She does eat dairy. So made spaghetti sauce, one with meat and one with TVP (texturized vegetable protein) and fettuccine and zucchini noodles, garlic bread, salad and low carb chocolate ice cream.

I felt very sick this morning but felt better later because I stayed outside as much as possible.

I didn't eat much and I'm exhausted.

BB yikes about the spiders! I remember those bed ridden days well. Hang in there!

Hiker I see we both had spaghetti tonight. Sorry about your Mom.

Well...off to check my face and see if the swelling is going down yet.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK—mold is horrid. Hope you get it taken care of soon.

Tutu- how big is your church in terms of members? It is a beautiful church.

BB-glad you could get some chores done. Hate it when those spiders surprise you.

I did my balance exercises this morning along with my back exercises.

It rained a lot today but during a dry spell I got out and raked around my mailbox and threw down some grass seed. I know it is losing cause because none of the other grass seed that I’ve put down has grown. Guess I just need to go buy some different grass seed.

I worked on my Bible study. Isaiah is a very challenging study.

My mom had a dental appointment today so I called the dentist to see how that went and made her next appointment for her. Thankfully she has good teeth for being 94 years old.

I dragged the garbage bin and two bins of landscape waste down to the curb before the next round of storms move in.

Off to grill some pork chops for dinner soon.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK- I had to throw away my ac too. It was a window unit. It actually stained the outside cement ledge with green algae. I try to stay indoors because of the high mold spores and rotting leaves.

hiker- good for you for being committed to balance and back exercises. It really helps and it’s so beneficial for over all health. Be over in 30 minutes for chops.

I over did it yesterday. Paying for it dearly today. Haven’t left my bed except for food, water, bathroom breaks, feed the animals and let the dog out. Nighttime is worst. Can’t sleep or get comfortable. Tomorrow should be better as I babied my body today.

Mama- can I ask who picks up the slack when you’re not feeling well? You seem to be a hard worker with lots of chores.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all! Whew I'm beat! Went to moldy house with Mom and Josh's dog in tow. Also had to cram the rollator in the back with the dog and fill the hatchback with Josh's bedding.

So did laundry at home and the laundromat for heavier items. Put dishes away from Sunday dinner and vacuumed. Stayed outside most of the day.

Finally had a break at dinner time.

BB we need to baby ourselves from time to time. I usually do after yardwork.

Hiker I wish my Mom still had her own teeth. With her recently relined dentures she still has trouble biting into things.

Meeting the AC guy tomorrow and can't wait.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hey gang. I'm tired and need to go to bed.

AK .. I'm so happy that tomorrow you will get some relief. We dealt with mold for several years and the last year of that was just a nightmare.

Hiker .. Our church serves about 60-65 people. We've been having about 40 attending services since CV hit.

It's nice that now we are getting new people showing up. We've needed that for so long.

Our Pastor just celebrated his 50th ordination, but he's still a great preacher and we will keep him until it's not a good fit.

Good night!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, its my Hubby who has Lyme and some of my children treated for it also. So maybe I shouldn't be saying what I do....

Hubby is doing really well the last couple years. Though he still has a ways to go to being 'normal' in what he can do like other healthy men. The children are doing well also.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna—of course you should be on this thread saying what you do! [Smile]

We love having you here and I enjoy hearing about your day.

Your life with your plot of land and animals etc. is different than mine and fun to hear about.

Please keep posting here.

And so glad to hear your hubby is doing better.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

Stormy weather last night gave way to sunshine and cooler temps today but still very windy. As you know I hate the wind. Bothers my ears and with my balance issues, wind is my enemy.

But I hauled in the garbage cans and put out the recycling this morning.

Did my knee exercises.

Spent a lot of time dealing with mom's issues. Making sure she knew her physical therapy times.

Also, she was supposed to get a referral for speech therapy to help her with memory issues and organization, but either the doctor didn't send the referral or the retirement center lost it. Took care of that.

Talked to my brother--getting financial stuff worked out for mom.

Sorted through my insurance medical claims. Seem to always be way too many! [Wink]

AK--Progress on the mold and AC issues?

BB--Since you didn't show up for pork chops last night I will eat the second one I grilled tonight. I always grill two of everything so I usually eat the same dinner meal two nights in a row.

Enjoy your evening! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Met the AC guy today and after he measured the rooms and attic height and width of trapdoor said he'd need to get a couple of guys to weigh in on the planning of the air share duct work. So it won't be duct less so we'll see what they come up with.

My face swelled again for being in the house about an hour.

Also have an appointment on the 21st with AFS a company that does foundation and crawlspace repair. Read online they do a type of sand blasting with baking soda underneath the house so I'm interested in that. Supposed to obliterate mold.

After that's done might get a couple of quotes to seal the foundation vents and have a dehumifier either down there or just a treatment and some plastic sheeting layed out on the ground.

Also with have to have some excavation work done to stop groundwater runoff.

It's going to be expensive. Sigh....

TuTu the mold issue is a real nightmare! I'm the only one that smells it and reacts badly. As you know it's making me pretty sick.

Manna I agree with Hiker about your posts. I've enjoyed them and am learning things related to gardening. Lord knows I need help in that area!

Hiker taking care of our mothers is a lot of work! My schedule revolves around hers and sometimes I get frustrated. We watch all her favorite shows on TV, eat where she likes, etc. I know one day soon she won't be here and I love her so I pray for patience and to be kind almost every day.

I want to thank you guys for all the love and support. You all rock!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today was a beautiful day. Had the wash lines filled with laundry which dried very nice.

Finished collecting all the produce from the garden. Hubby and Sonny also cleared the weeds and plants piling them on a compost pile. Its a huge mound!

Washed the few carrots, salsify, sweet potatoes, and yellow beets, each in their own pillow case in the washer.

Hubby washed the red beets and saved the leaves for adding to his smoothies.

We picked all the tomatoes - even the bigger green ones. I'll store them single layer on trays in the shed and see how many ripen.

The neighbor will be coming over Thursday to plow the garden. We are adding a few feet on to the sides, so it will be about 15 feet wider than it was. Decided not to lengthen it as we'd like to put an orchard at the one end. The other end has the grape arbor.

Hubby poured Sevin dust down two new yellow jacket nests. He said one seemed like no one was around. He poured the powder in and nothing happened, so he tok his heel and stepped the hole shut. Then in short order 3 of them showed up and buzzed around rather puzzled.

Tonight for supper, we had vegetable soup - added some of the veggies from the garden. Also homemade salsa and corn chips.

Tomorrow we'll work at getting the rest of the veggies put away.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna—my dad used to wrap the green tomatoes at the end of the season in newspaper and store in the basement. Some of them would ripen.

My dad grew up on an orchard farm in Idaho. He knew all sorts of gardening tricks most of which I didn’t learn. Lol

Hey, Tutu. The Astros won their series with the White Sox and move on. I am not even sure when the World Series is but not for awhile.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Hiker, I miss my basement! This house doesn't have one. We'd like to fix up the old cold cellar... somebody took away the front stone wall and part of the sides. The back wall is starting to fall in, so its going to take lots of work. And the stones are big ones. I wonder how they did it??
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--How old do you think the old cold cellar is? Could have used horses or oxen to move the stones if it is really old

I did my balance and back exercises this morning.

Worked on Bible study so I am ready for the group meeting tomorrow.

Talked to my brother again. Say a prayer for him. He is getting a second opinion about major back surgery on Friday.

Went to the functional chiropractor. He did a manipulation on my eustachian tube and that was not pleasant. Eustachian tube felt better for a few hours but didn’t last.

He also feels like my adrenals are taxed so we switched up some homeopathics. Dropped some and added one for the adrenals.

He said when the adrenals are taxed there is a big histamine dump in the body (not MCAS) and allergies worsen. Hoping this helps.

Simple dinner tonight of baked chicken breast, broccoli and tossed salad. Of course, most of my meals are simple. [Big Grin]

[ 10-13-2021, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Not feeling well today. Went to our moldy house twice today and feel awful now.

Have 3 appointments next week all for the house. One with excavator who talked about weather proofing the footings and installing a French drain all around the outside of the crawlspace that has the water sloping into it. Will get an estimate from him.

One company will give me an estimate for using air scrubbers, etc. inside the house.

The third company for soda blasting mold in the crawlspace and maybe sealing it up.

Doesn't seem to leave us room for heating and air so might do window units.

Depressed, sick and grabbing a beer....sigh....

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

I'm guessing the cold cellar was built in the early 1900's. Probably around the same time as the house. The one neighbor lady said her mother was 14 when they moved here. Her father bought the property with bonds - paid $1500. for it. I understood it was already built when they bought it.

Today we got our garden plowed. Added a few feet on either side, so should have plenty of room to grow everything we want to next year..... I hope!

Discovered a chicken had attempted to fly over the fence and caught her foot in the fence. Poor chicken. It was an Easter Egger, one that lays colorful eggs. Discovered we have 3 roosters and we only wanted 1. So maybe we will sell them or we'll have a rooster dinner.

Worked at putting up the last few veggies from the garden. Got most of them done. Still need to do up the pears and tomatoes.

Hubby & Sonny finished taking the weeds and plants out of the garden, did some mowing, fixed a leaf blower a neighbor gave to Sonny, and then blew a big pile of leaves under the one tree. I'd like if they used a mower with a bagger to chop the leaves up for mulch.

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--I am so sorry you are feeling poorly. I know lpkayak has to replace her window air conditioners every few years due to mold. Maybe keep that in mind. How does window heating work? Same unit as window AC?

Manna--Our leaves haven't even changed color much less fallen, yet. My sweet gum often holds it leaves until December.

Got up a little earlier than usual and went grocery shopping. Knew storms were coming midmorning and just wanted to get it done.

Had Bible study. Several new ladies joined us who live several hours away. Guess that is one advantage of Zoom. I do miss in person learning, but also understand that with our leader having chronic leukemia she needs to be super careful.

Did my knee exercises.

Talked to mom for quite awhile.

Did a lot of texting with my brother. Mom is having a rough week memory wise and forgetting financial stuff that has been taken care long ago. Tom and I try to communicate so we are on the same page when we talk to mom about finances and health.

He does the finances and I take care of the health issues for mom. So, if mom goes to the doctor and has a health bill as a result he checks with before paying it etc. Glad we can work as a team.

Sun came out for just a bit this afternoon so I went to the library. Meant to stop and fill the car with gas but forgot my credit card and had no cash with me. I am sure by the time I get to the gas station gas will have gone up again. [Roll Eyes]

So, tonight I will pull out the JD Robb book I got from the library and start enjoying a good mystery.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

akiwlf- wow, you got a lot on your plate. How do you handle all those people coming and going, the noice and banging, just all the stress while not feeling well?

Manname- please keep posting about your animals and chores. I love hearing about other’s lives and experiences.
It seems everyone is rotor tilling their gardens. My 86 year old neighbor came over with a big batch of the most beautiful flowers he just picked from his garden before tilling. I smiled for the first time in months, a simple kind act, so sweet.

hiker- It’s so stressful being a care giver. It’s important to have sibling help, even visits. Everyday is new ailments and complaints. Tackle them one by one. What a pair we were, both chronically ill. I understood completely and stressed positivity and gratefullness.

As far as my exercise. . Does exercising your jaw count?
I called my 91 year old Aunt to check up on her. I talked to my old boss who always calls to see how I’m doing and talked to my sister who lives out of town,

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Ran a couple errands today and me and Mom binged a bit of our Chinese historical drama.

Made fried rice with leftover cabbage and tofu for dinner.

We're still bunking with Josh and might be here for awhile.

I splurged at the hardware store and bought a respirator mask for about $50. Helped me to go to the house tonight. I'm not sick like I was last night. Josh and I fixed the laundry room door which came off the top hinge and I brought a few more things over.

BB talking counts as exercise! I worked a couple years at a call center during tax season. After work I didn't want to talk at all! It can be draining.

Hiker they do make heating and air window units. You're truly blessed to have a brother who is helping you.

Manna was that the electric fence the chicken was stuck to? I've been zapped a few times on an electric fence and it's not fun.

Bit of a headache so hope I can get some rest. Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Energy healer yesterday killed off some germs in my sinuses so I was a bit toxic today.

Managed to do my back and balance exercises.

Washed up my summer shorts. They are on drying rack now.
Wanted to buy another pair of pants from LLbean that fit great and have lots of pocket space but of course they are out of my size in the color I want. Knew I should I have bought them earlier. They are about the only place where I can find pants that fit.

Guy came to mow. Had him trim perennials that were hanging out of lower bed and then I raked those up. Raining again now.

Made a meatloaf and froze most of it.

Talked to my brother again. Second surgeon recommended against back surgery. He will get some more tests and get a third opinion.

I feel for him because he is in so much pain and they really aren’t sure what is wrong. MRI does show his back is a mess but neurologist and now second surgeon say it isn’t the issue with his legs.

This has been going on for years (Lyme tests negative) but the last two years have been really bad. I know when he gave up boxing this year that he was really hurting.

Simple dinner tonight with usual Friday night gluten free pizza and salad.

BFF won’t stop by since we can’t sit on the patio in the rain. Since she teaches she doesn’t want to come inside even though she is vaccinated. We agreed to those rules long ago.

Have a good evening. [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having trouble with family believing about the mold. So back at the moldy house.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Hey Ak. If it bothers you go back to Josh’s.

You have to be well for your mom.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

ak- I don’t know why people question other people’s experiences. Like Lyme, they never get it until they get it. Finally when you find the missing piece, no one believes you, sorry.

hiker-that energy thing really works? I went to reki practitioner once and it worked, couldn’t believe it as I was a skeptic.

I bought a 12.00 organic roasting chicken, cut it in half and froze the other half. I baked it with lots of spices, had sides of broccoli and mashed potatoes and gravy. A perfect Sunday dinner until I realized today was Friday. Then I wanted fish.

Walked dog to mailbox. Vacuumed 2 rooms. Mailed a hello card to my mother’s neighbor who’s 89.

Still riding high on my perfect day yesterday.

hiker53
Member # 6046

BB- my first energy healer really helped me. She was a true angel from God. She was a Brennan healer which is a lot higher (more training) than a Reiki healer.

But she really had a God given gift. Before I was diagnosed with Lyme I went to her. After the session I felt awful and didn’t go back for years. Then I realized it was a herx and for awhile every time I went I herxed. Then I didn’t herx anymore and she and another Brennan healer couldn’t find any TBIs.

Sadly, Gretchen (the healer) passed away in 2018. When she got sick she said she knew she had growths in her stomach before she even saw a doctor. She went to Mayo and they confirmed that she was right but she also has growths around her lungs and heart. Some rare disease that I can’t remember the name of.

My current energy healer is also a Brennan healer. She is not as good as Gretchen but I use her once I awhile. She can’t find any TBIs, either. My current healer also has divinity degree and can be a minister or a hospital chaplain.

I do insist any energy healer I go to be a Christian.

BB- your dinner sounds super! I always have fish on Saturday’s and Sundays.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baked extra bread and gifted 3 of our neighbors with a loaf a bread and 2 jars of pear jelly, one pear honey, the other pear butter. Each of these neighbor told us about the pear trees up in our woods and how the former owners of this place would bring them a basket of pears each fall.

We found the pears so late and they were so battered and bruised from falling out of the trees - they are HUGE trees! We couldn't have reached the pears, even with our ladders! So I made jelly with the pears. We had one jar that didn't seal and have eaten it up! So the next thing on the agenda is make more pear honey!

Yes, the fence was shocking that the chicken caught her foot in. This new fence charger shocks harder than the old one did. Took a few days but the goats now respect the fence!

Did laundry and hung it out.

Put plant food on the strawberry plants and watered them. Also watered the saffron patch. Haven't had much rain for quite awhile.

The garden is plowed. Still need to finish up the tomatoes and peppers. Want to try canning some pickled peppers for sandwiches.

Hubby changed to outside spigot over to well water instead of the city water. We can use that for watering the garden & animals.

Still no eggs from our hens. They are 22 weeks old now. Supposed to start laying between 18 - 30 weeks of age, depending on breed. Ours are a mixture, so who knows.

A warm sunny day and late afternoon had an asian beetle invasion. The two rooms facing south. The children had the shop vac suctioning up bugs! Sprayed dish soapy water with essential oils in hopes of keeping them away.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-bet the hens all start laying eggs at once!

Ak-how are you fairing?

Slept in a bit today because I took 1/2 tablet of antihistamine. Makes me a zombie.

Did one load of laundry. Then put away my summer tops and got out some long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts.

Had to turn the heat on today in my house. It will get into the 30’s tonight but no frost or freeze, yet.

Did my knee exercises.

Listened to the video that goes with my Bible study.

Had salmon, asparagus and sweet potato for lunch.

Talked to my mom. She was upset because she knew she is losing her memory.

Talked a long time with my brother.

Probably have part of the meatloaf I made yesterday for dinner. I almost always have a tossed salad and will steam some green beans.

Going to sit on the couch tonight and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Made a batch of pear honey today. I doubled the fruit but not the sugar. Have 15 twelve ounce jars of jelly setting on the counter. Waiting for the pings of sealing lids!

Have 8 jars of diced pickled peppers in the canner.

Hubby got the wood chipper put back together again and now it works!

Rain started last night and lasted until after lunch. Late afternoon the sun peaked through again. It has cooled considerably. Went around shutting the windows tight.

Two of the boys went up the mountain with the 4 wheelers trying to find and clear the path. Learned from a neighbor there are more pear trees over to the left side from where we go up the mountain.

I'm ready for the chickens to start laying eggs! This evening I saw there were several chickens out again. Didn't have time to go out to check the fence.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement