LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you Can do today October 17

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you Can do today October 17
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trees are turning color and the weather is getting cooler. Where did summer go?

But just because summer is gone doesn’t mean we aren’t moving and being active. [woohoo]

So, come join us and we encourage each to move whether it is raking leaves, walking, cooking, cleaning etc.

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the National Cathedral church service this morning. Great sermon. Made me re-evaluate some of my priorities. Then watched the sermon from my own church on the same Bible passage and sermon so different. Lol

Worked a bit on Bible study.

Did a load of laundry.

Hard boiled a few eggs but then got lazy and didn’t turn them into deviled eggs.

Worked for about 40 minutes outside trimming some bushes and cutting back a few hostas. I have a lot more to do but will try to do a little at a time.

Called mom.

Watching Bears-Packers game on mute and reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hiker53- thank you so much for cathedral link. I listened to it in bed this morning, what a gorgeous church and everyone seems so happy, and the music very pretty.

I took shower. Had a go out for a good coffee, decided to pick up water and dog food, I was waiting behind 2 men stocking up for football game. 1 guy loaded groceries onto belt conveyor while the other guy kept leaving and coming back with items they forgot. Men are so disorganized, it was comical. The waiting was difficult because I was dizzy.

Had to change kitty litter box. I always wear a mask. My princess cat refuses to bury her turds. Doesn’t want any litter on her nails, ugh

Took out garbage.
Never made it for dog walk to mailbox.
No cooking, leftovers.

No football game today, my team plays Monday night.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for starting us off for the week. Trimmed bushes and picked up windblown trash in the yard.

Stayed in bed almost all day otherwise. Have my air vent tapped off and the air purifyer going full blast.

Can't wait to get the mold situation fixed...sigh...

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to Kroger this morning to use my organic meat coupons and gluten free item coupons. They are rearranging the store.

Instead of gluten free items all being in one place, now the oatmeal is with the cereal and the GF crackers with other crackers. Blah! Couldn't find half of what I wanted.

Filled the car with gas.

Did my back and balance exercises.

Talked to mom.

Snaked my clogged bathroom drain. Water running much better through it now.

AK--once again we are thinking about the same chores. I trimmed a few more spirea bushes and cut back several more hostas. My quads are burning from squatting. Hauled the land waste to the curb for tomorrow's pickup.

I think my eustachian tube issues are mainly from allergies. I had few issues Saturday and yesterday but after being outside yesterday I could feel the pressure go up.

Made the mistake of taking Xyzal at 3 AM which sure helped the ETD but also made me toxic. So, I won't be taking that again.

I can tolerate one D-Hist supplement per day but I don't think it will be enough to keep the allergies at bay. Need to be patient, though.

Time to figure out what's going to end up on my plate for dinner and then take the garbage can and recycling to the curb.

BB--Enjoy your football game tonight. I imagine, Tutu, you will be watching the Astros.

[ 10-18-2021, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning was freezing and raining sideways. I was adamant not to leave the house. I wanted to make soup. Checked freezer, no organic meaty soup bones so back to the store that I was at yesterday, paid 17.00 for the meaty bones! Wow! Started crock pot at 2pm. Smells good. Took 1 bone out for dog of course.

Took dog for walk to mailbox. She was very energetic as we missed yesterday’s walk

AK- I too am sick with mold, every September. I have a negative ion / ozone machine. I have my negative ion running non-stop. Last week I accidentally turned on the ozone button by mistake. Noticed it on 30 minutes later. As you know, you cannot be in the same room while it’s on, very dangerous to the lungs. Opened all the windows and applied a thick white piece of duck tape over the button so I don’t do that ever again.

hiker-apparently it’s my garbage day too according to my neighbor’s cans being roadside. IDK if you’re like me, but I ransack my house for garbage, even throwing out things that I regret later.

Took 1 1/2 nap, my sinuses and ears drained, I felt better.
Ready for kickoff at 8:30pm. Soup will be ready.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful weather down here so sat outside most of the day and gabbed with my Mom. Tried not to stay in the house to often but at least my room is better.

Hauled trash to the curb also. Other than that I didn't do a thing.

BB my air purifier is supposed to have a built in ionizer but I don't smell it. I use an ozone machine too. I haven't ozoned my room lately and I should. Thanks for the reminder.

Hiker hate to hear about the Xyzal making you toxic. That is my main antihistamine and I take one tablet twice a day. It really helped my psoriasis too! I told Josh to try it for his and his skin has improved too. Go figure!

Hoping to run some errands tomorrow just to get out of the house.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Popping in to update you on our OCC shoeboxes. I know some of you like to hear about it.

We are almost ready for our packing party on Oct.30. It will be great fun!!

It's hard to imagine that it's that time and year and that we are actually ready, even for an early party date.

I was on the radio yesterday morning, talking about OCC. I can post it here if anyone would like to hear it.

Our goal is 350 boxes this year.

I'll check in from time to time.

Carry on!! [hi]

PS .. the most perfect weather today. I wish it could be like this all the time!!!

50-70 degrees is my heaven

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu—I would love to hear your radio broadcast. Hard to believe it is that time of year already. I have no doubt you will meet the 350 box goal for OCC.

I went to the dermatologist today. Since the melanoma I go every 6 months. Thankfully my checkup was fine.

Nice here, too, except windy. Allergies a bit crazy with the harvesting in the area so not staying outside too much.

Do you know that central Illinois produces most of the pumpkins grown in the United States? So, maybe if you carve a jack o lantern or make pumpkin pie it will be a pumpkin from my area!

I did my knee exercises.

Listened to the National Cathedral morning prayer service like I do every day. Worked on Bible study.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here ya go, hiker!

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/klfcradio/episodes/2021-10-18T07_53_48-07_00

OCC radio broadcast.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Sounds, great, Lymetoo. Great radio voice. Next calling for you could be a DJ! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Enjoying cooler weather down here too! I felt better today and think staying outside yesterday helped.

Vacuumed my car and ran some errands. Then Mom and I went to Josh's. I picked up burgers and fries for dinner and the 3 of us did a little shopping at a discount store.

Once home put things away and hooked up Mom's Roku that we took to Josh's. Now she can do streaming on her TV.

Tutu love to hear about OCC every year. Hope you all have a great time at the packing party! I'm going to listen to your broadcast right after I post this. So exciting to be on the radio!

Hiker glad your check up was OK. My GP'S office called to let me know about my lab work. Cholesterol and LDL way too high so a low fat diet and exercise was recommended. One xray is in and I need to check that online. Cool about the pumpkins!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Yay Tutu! Loved the prayers at the end. You sounded cool as a cucumber! I would've been nervous. Such a wonderful ministry!

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Dragging a bit today.

Went to Vitamin Shoppe to get my Sach. boulardii.

Did my balance and knee exercises.

Went to public library. Got a Rita Mae Brown book. She writes about mysteries but it is the cats and the dog in the stories that solve them. Fun reading.

Almost time to fix dinner. Day went fast.

AK--I know you will get back to regular exercise and your cholesterol will come down. I just hate having that test! Hope your x-rays look okay.

See ya'll tomorrow. [Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lovely sunny day. Worked outside for most of the afternoon. Planted rhubarb that I started from seed.

Transplanted the everbearing strawberry plants into a new bed. Filled their space with extra plants I had in a flower pot.

Watered the blueberries, newly planted strawberries and the saffron.

Repotted both spider plants into hanging baskets to bring in. Emptied flowerpots with dead plants.

Added an extra roost in the guinea pen so they have more room to sleep.

Contemplated getting pictures of the two extra roosters to advertise them for sale. Decided to wait for someone else to help. Not sure I want to get too close to them. They seem to be possessive of the hens. I'm no fan of being attacked by roosters!

Cooking 2 kettles of tomatoes. If it gives a nice amount of juice I'll try a batch of ketchup that is supposed to taste like Heinz.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Didn't feel to good today. Stayed in the house a bit to long. Was well enough to pick up a pizza for myself and my Mom's meds for her upcoming radiation treatment November 2nd.

I didn't need the pizza....

Slow going with the mold issue. Did find someone to clean AC ducts ($650) and clean the carpet ($175-$195).

Also looks like we'll get a new dual fuel heat pump AC unit ($9,000) and that's not including stopping the water from getting into the crawlspace.

One of the companies that didn't show up today recommended that I rent an air scrubber ($350) for a day and that would save me $200.

Someone is coming tomorrow (hopefully) to give me an estimate in regards to the crawlspace.

I'm going to buy concrete blocks and line up one side of the yard where the water is coming from. It's going to look ugly but it'll have to do for now.

Hiker I see we're in the same feeling sickly boat! Hope we both have a better day tomorrow.

Manna my moon flower has a prickly green seed on it. Any ideas what I should do with it? Don't laugh but I got all excited when I saw it.

Time to unwind and see you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK, when that prickly green ball turns brown, it will split open and spill out the seeds! Keep an eye on it and collect as many as you can for next year! The original plant should come back again next year also.

My one plant has many seed pods on, the other 2 each only have one.

Posts: 2249 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—And you are going to someone to help you with those concrete blocks!!!!

Very raw here with wind and feel like temps in the 40’s. Not ready for this weather, yet.

I felt a bit better today thanks to the energy healing yesterday. She killed off more germs so toxins are starting to rain on my parade now.

Had Bible study this morning.

Quick errand to get supplement that functional chiropractor was out of last week.

Did my balance and back exercises.

Balanced the checkbook.

Took a short nap.

Wrote a letter to a college friend who turns 60 next week. I am old fashioned and like to mail cards and handwritten letters.

Chicken salad for dinner tonight.

See you tomorrow! [Smile]

[ 10-21-2021, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baking day - 27 loaves, 2 packs of dinner rolls.

Washed 2 loads of towels and 1 of table cloths. They dried before it rained late this afternoon.

Cooked a kettle of ketchup. Still need to fill the jars and can it. Guessing its around 8 quarts.

Daughter got mulched put down around 4 of her blueberry bushes.

Hubby and the boys moved the goat fence to a different part of the hill so they can clean the weeds & briars over there.

A box of seeds came in the mail today! Discovered some places have seeds packaged for 2022, so I'm ordering them now! Last year it seemed we waited SO LONG for the catalogs to come. We want to get some of our little mini greenhouses out in January. Kind of hard to do that if we don't have the seeds!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Not feeling well again but managed to gas up my car, refill our BPA free gallon jugs with Primo water and pick up a few things at the Sam's store.

We're getting our new AC and gas furnace tomorrow bright and early at 7-7:30. It's going to include a whole home air purifier UV light in the system. Financing for 5 years....sigh....

Crawlspace guy didn't show today but at least called and tentatively rescheduled for Monday. In the meantime I texted our usual general contractor and he's coming out next week to look at sealing 3 of the outdoor vents and laying plastic down.

Excavator guy has not called or texted so won't be using him and will do the temporary concrete block dam.

Left a message for the duct cleaner/carpet cleaner.

Need to price air scrubbers this week too.

Hiker you're going to be proud of me....I asked Josh to help me with the concrete blocks on his Thanksgiving break. I could do it myself a little bit at a time but don't want to trip and break something. Have to be able to take care of my Mom!

Manna thanks for the exciting news about the seed pod! I'm going to put them in starter pots and plant some more in the front yard. BTW, when I lived on 4 acres I wanted goats to help with the yard!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Have you sold your extra roosters or are they in a pot in the oven?

AK--Glad Josh will help you out with the bricks. Keep trying the excavator guy to get a long term solution.

Went grocery shopping today. Meant to buy some peanuts since today is National Nut Day, but I forgot! [Big Grin]

Did my knee exercises.

Talked to mom.

Listened to a video for Bible study. Still have a few more to listen to for next week's lesson.

Went to the chiropractor for a manipulation. That will help release toxins.

Was rainy earlier today but sun is out now. Getting into the 30's tonight. Brr. But no frost or freeze, yet.

Probably gluten free pizza tonight with salad. Typical Friday night dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Up at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. AC guys came at 7:20 and the 4 of them worked til almost 5:00.

New unit is smaller than our old one and looks great. The guys said some of our new duct work insulation was soaking wet. So no moldy old unit and wet insulation.

They forgot the UV light and will come back next week to install it.

I haven't been sleeping well the past 2 nights so am taking some meds and knocking myself out. I'm lucky if I had 5 hours of sleep for both nights.

Hiker I really didn't need the pizza I scarfed down but I sure enjoyed it. I'm kind of not sure about the excavator guy putting in another French drain. The flooding was so bad it filled my French drain and then just went over it. I haven't heard from him at all.

Well gang I'm going to unwind and get some much needed shut eye!

[sleepy]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Was busy today with little chores.

Did two loads of laundry and put clean sheets on the bed.

Finally put away all my summer shorts and pulled out a few pairs of pants for cold weather. Sadly several pairs are now too small.

Filled the bird feeders.

Vacuumed the car and then swept the garage.

Stored my lawn chairs and small patio tables in the garage. I really need to spray paint them but am putting it off until spring. I think last spring I promised myself I would do it this fall. [bonk]

Recorded the Illini Penn State football game and watched it. Illini won in 9 overtimes. This would be a game that I would normally watch with my dad since he taught at both the University of Illinois and Penn State University. I really miss him. I can’t believe that he’s been gone a full year now.

My mower man mowed today and then Luke came to aerate the yard. Just in time as we are expecting up to 5 inches of rain tonight and tomorrow. Flash flood warnings out. I always pray my basement sump pump turns on when needed.

Just going to be a couch potato tonight and read and maybe watch a Hallmark chick flick. I record the new ones and the endings are no surprise but I still enjoy watching them.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Took Mom out for Mexican food for lunch. Afterwards we went to the PX and commissary for cosmetics and groceries.

Later we watched about 4 episodes of our Chinese historical drama.

Made an easy dinner of canned veggie soup and grilled cheese tomato sandwiches.

Ordered another air purifier from Amazon and some medical grade hepa filters. Same unit I ordered last year and hoping with 2 it'll clean out the mold. One unit did a great job in my bedroom.

Hiker I hear ya about putting things off for one reason or another. So much for my patio project this fall.

Time to veg out and watch some TV.

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement