LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE: What you CAN do today Oct 24, 2021

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE: What you CAN do today Oct 24, 2021
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi and welcome to the exercise thread! We like to post just about any activity that gets us out of the recliner or off the couch to encourage one another.

So if your cleaning house, gardening, cooking and baking (hello holidays), walking, jogging, weight training, sewing, camping, etc. please post it here.

So here we go gang with the last week in October!

[woohoo]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So far today I've made a salad, washed some small variety potatoes and have fresh corn on the cob thawing along with a couple of strip steaks.

I'll grill the steaks later for Sunday dinner.

Watching one of my fav shows right now, P. Allen Smith's Garden Home.

Check in with you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6144 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone!!

Went to church this morning and then ate out at Red Lobster. Rare treat! We had quite a few visitors at church....it's that season.

So I'm home and listening to a live chat. My sister in law is going to call me this afternoon. Hope I'm still awake! lol

We are on the home stretch this week. The packing party is Saturday. We will begin our set up on Wed because hubby and I have to see our dentist on Thursday. (just realized that yesterday)

We think everything is ready to go!!

PS .. Thanks for the kudos on the radio program. I wasn't nervous because I was told that I would talk about our party. I KNOW that subject!

The other two friends had all the facts and data. I had no worries that I would be asked about that.

The gentlemen who were the interviewers were very nice and I felt entirely comfortable there.

My morning glories are blooming!!! I have about 8 blooms today and they are so gorgeous!!! Every day is a new treat.

We may have a frost later in the week, so I am trying to enjoy every single bloom. I have more than a hundred buds, but I doubt I'll see more than 40.

AK .. I sure hope you are enjoying your new HVAC! My nephew has an HVAC company in Houston and he just installed one for my cousin a few weeks ago. She said it feels like being in Alaska! LOL ..

Loving it.. I'm sure you can relate, AK!!

Hiker .. I haven't read all of last week's info .. but I do hope you are feeling better.

Manna .. I know you are preparing for winter and baking like a fiend!! [Wink]

[hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the National Cathedral church service this morning.

Listened to some music my dad would have liked (He died exactly a year ago on this date)

Did a load of laundry.

Called mom.

Took a nap. It has been rainy all day so it was great to crawl into bed and sleep.

Supposed to storm later.

Off to watch the Bears play football.

Tutu--Are you gearing up for the World Series?

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of you today as you remember, hiker.

Yes, I guess I'm preparing!! So fun!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to church today.

Took a nap this afternoon.

Gabbed on the phone with 2 sis-in-laws this evening.

Went for a drive after supper.

Getting company the first weekend in November and then the next week my cousin comes. It appears as though Nov will be company month.

So this coming week will be housecleaning week! Plus all the usual normal work. So if I don't get anything written, you'll know why.

Lymetoo, have fun with your packing party. It sounds like fun! I listened to your podcast. Good job!

AK, your Sunday dinner sounds delicious! For some reason I'm hungry!

Hiker, the roosters are still out in the barn/pasture.

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nasty day here with rain pelting sideways due to the wind.

So, I can't say I have ventured out except to get the mail.

Did my balance and back exercises.

Worked on Bible study.

Called mom and then took a nap.

Ready to cook some dinner and get the garbage bin down to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8885 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Picture perfect fall day here. Sunny, 56 degrees and NO wind.

Did my knee exercises.

Ran a few errands--bank, dropped books off at library, went to shoe repair shop to get weatherproof spray for my winter boots etc.

For the first time in over a month I took a walk outside with my trekking poles. Still having eustachian tube problems and balance issues so it wasn't a long walk, but sure felt good.

Sat in my recliner and spent a long time in prayer. So many people I know with health issues. Prayer also soothes me.

Have a good evening! [Cool]

[ 10-26-2021, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

NO WIND??? EEK!!! [Big Grin]

Went to exercise today .. did great. 12 min on the NuStep and 12 min on the bike ergometer. 10 laps and arm cranks as usual.

Went to the grocery store, rested for a bit after washing dishes, etc.

Went to our music show group's final dinner of the season. Got to sit with a friend and met two new friends. We all had a great time!! The food was pretty awesome too!!

Home now, ready to listen to a special program on the internet while watching the Astros in the World Series.

I'm currently in heaven!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! I can't believe I zoned out and didn't post Monday!

I got a haircut Sunday and then cut Mom's yesterday. We also did a mani/pedi sans nail polish.

Today we (me, Mom and her BFF) attended a ladies luncheon where I ate too much! The lady (in her 70's) that hosted prepared all the food herself. She made homemade lasagna, chicken Alfredo with penne pasta, 2 salads, garlic bread, a Black Forest cake and a Citrus cake! Tables were beautifully set outdoors and we stayed for 4 hours.

Later I went to Josh's and we did our usual Mexican food takeout.

I should have worn stretchy pants today!

Hiker thinking about you and know you miss your father. What a wonderful way to remember him by listening to some of his favorite songs.

TuTu talked to 2 ladies today who also are getting new HVACs. Is something going around or what? LOL! Oh BTW, can you eat seafood? I haven't tried since 2016 when I had a reaction to shrimp and scallops. I sure miss seafood!

Manna I hear you about cleaning this week! I need to get cracking with wiping everything down and buying a HEPA vacuum to clean the furniture. Mold issues are no joke and hard to eradicate. I get tired just thinking about it!

Our HVAC company is sending someone tomorrow to install the UV light into the system for whole house purification and the foundation guy is supposed to show up. He's already missed 2 appointments so we'll see....

Off to bed!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, tonight we made the hot sauce, so all the peppers are 'put up'. The kitchen was quite spicy - we had windows open and the stove fan running.

Hubby washed the peppers and cut most of them up. I had cooked the base earlier and then added the peppers to the base and blended them up. We made several different batches with different colored /heat levels of peppers.

Hubby and Sonny tasted the sauces. I did NOT! I don't like hot things, my mouth just lights on fire. Hubby says the different peppers have different flavors. We had habenaro, cayenne, chili, and another one that I can't think of the name. We also had bell peppers and sweet banana peppers which we added in with the hot sauce.

Had rain off and on today.

Picked my saffron for the second time this season! 13 flowers yesterday and 5 today. A few of the flowers yesterday looked rathe bedraggled, so I think they had bloomed Sunday and I hadn't thought to go check on them. There are more coming for tomorrow!

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna-I love spicy food. Bring out the tortilla chips for that hot sauce.

Tutu—I bet you are watching the Astros in the World Series. Since my brother lives in Atlanta, I am rooting for the Braves although I admit I didn’t watch the game last night.

AK-Hope the foundation guy can have you some help for a reasonable price.

Went grocery shopping this morning.

Talked to mom.

Grilling pork chops for dinner which means I will have leftovers for tomorrow night.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

What a busy day! HVAC guys were here around 9:00 and installed the UV light into the AC unit.

Will wonders never cease because the foundation guy showed up not long after! Yay!

We couldn't afford the whole package which was another $18,000 which included encapsulation and other things.

We did go with the french drain all around the inside perimeter of our crawlspace with a sump pump and a water evac line into our yard for the tune of $7,325.10.

We're going to be eating a whole lot of rice and beans in the future!

Printed out paperwork for this loan and made hotel reservations for our stay in Atlanta on November 1st and 2nd for my Mom's cancer treatment.

Oh and the steam cleaners are coming in the morning to clean the carpet and ductwork.

So in a few minutes I'll start getting things off the floor and put onto beds and what not.

Whew....I'm tired!

Hiker we're having leftovers from yesterday's luncheon. I ate a huge salad for brunch and feel better that I at least got my veggies in for the day all in one fell swoop! LOL!

Manna I'm like Hiker, love spicy foods! At the Mexican restaurant I ask for the hotter salsa that they don't usually bring out. The other day I ate the whole thing! I know one of these days that might go the way of Old Yeller.

OK, time for me to get back to work!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

How are you feeling now, AK?

Are the effects from the mold diminishing?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Had energy healing. She thinks the Epstein Barr Virus has come out of dormancy. That would explain most of my symptoms for sure. But not happy about it.

Furnace guy came to check the furnace. Very reliable guy.

Listened to National Cathedral morning prayer service like I usually do.

I took a nap.

Raining all day here again and I bet we get Lymetoo's windy weather with rain tomorrow.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Super busy day but since getting carpet steam cleaned and returning back to the house after 5 hours and cleaning, wiping things down I'm super sick!

It's almost 9:00 p.m. and I'm outside on the porch. My face is burning, swollen and red. So much for the company saying steam cleaning kills mold! The chemical they used is horrid!

I'm staying outside for awhile and hope the air purifier with the HEPA medical grade filter will make my room safe!

God help me!

[shake]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Oh NOOOOOOO..... They always use fragrance unless you read them the riot act.

Oh this is terrible, AK!!!!

I so HATE MCAS and MCS!!!

Is it dry yet?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Oh how horrible AK. My carpet cleaner didn’t use any fragrance but I can’t imagine what chemicals are in the shampoo. So sorry.
I am truly thankful I don’t have MCAS.

Take a pic of your face, AK, so you can show Josh that you do react to things your mom and he don’t react to.

--------------------
Hiker53

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Hope the steamer you got from Lowes today does the trick on the mold. And rest your body. You will need to be rested to help your mom after her treatment next week.

I slept in this morning until 8:45. That is over 10 hours of sleep. Guess I needed it.

Did my knee exercises.

Made a batch of spaghetti sauce and froze it. Realized I forgot the oregano and bay leaves as I was pulling it off the stove. [bonk]

Called mom.

Just got back from chiropractor (in between rain storms), so resting this evening to let manipulation take hold. Hope it knocks out more toxins.

Every time I get sick, which isn't that often, my symptoms are all toxic Lyme like symptoms. Odd.

Gluten free pizza, tossed salad, and zucchini for dinner. Probably just throw the zucchini into the salad. Talk about lazy!

Tutu--Good luck with your OCC box packing tomorrow!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I slept 9 hours myself!! Yesterday was our day to drive to Arkansas. We were so exhausted because we drove in the rain all the way up and all the way back.

Yes .. AK .. take a pic. I have pics of myself that I have shown my MCAS doctor so he knows how I look when reacting. Otherwise, he never sees it!@!!

I so hope and pray you will be OK this evening. I'm hoping Josh kept the windows open all day.

GF pizza sounds awesome to me, Hiker!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Rained this morning, sun shone this afternoon, and clouded up again this evening.

Picked saffron again today - 27 blossoms today, reaching a total of 99 for this week.

Cut out 3 dresses for my niece today. Want to start sewing tonight.

Hubby says his muscles hurt - probably from the rainy weather. He took an extra long rest this afternoon.

Planning kosher menus for when my brother's & their families come next weekend. A couple of them have food intolerances. I like having everything as near to 'normal' rather than cooking 2 versions of everything.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did two loads of laundry.

Cooked a healthy lunch of salmon, asparagus and sweet potato.

Worked on Bible study.

Watched Illini football. They lost

Got some bids on power washing drive and sidewalk. With all the rain this summer and fall I am getting the green “junk” growing on the cement. Then that gets slick. I have several more estimates still to get. Amazing the range in price so far. One guy wants $230 more than another guy. Sheesh.

I used to rent a power washer and do it myself but it no longer fits in my car nor can I lift it and I often can’t get one started.

Filled the safflower feeder.

Took a wee nap in my recliner.

Have a good evening!

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement