LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise—What you CAN do today. Nov.21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise—What you CAN do today. Nov.21
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we were are at Thanksgiving week. More food means I need to exercise more. [Roll Eyes]

Join us as we encourage each other to get up off the couch and move.

So, grab that rake or go for a walk. Head to the gym or fire up the vacuum cleaner. Anything counts. Or just tell us about your day.

Have a thankful week. [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I started listening to my church service on line and some glitch made it disappear. So, worked on Bible study instead.

Did a load of laundry.

Took recycling to nearby bins.

Raked a few leaves to the curb but my big sweet gum hasn’t dropped their leaves, yet.

My brother arrives late tonight. So, drove over to mom’s. Washed my car there. Her phone now works but dad’s trusty computer does not. Sigh.

Shrimp, cheese, fruit for a snack supper with chocolate, of course.

Manna-hope your hubby feels better soon. So much going around—colds, flu, Covid. Sigh.

AK—can always use Pyrex and Tupperware!

[ 11-21-2021, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8887 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. more than once, the cellular service at our church has been out. Never did that until a few months ago.

While we were at church, an ambulance showed up here. We had a friend in the condos pass away in the night. He was not a close friend, but a friend.

He was everyone's handyman. I'm not sure of his age. I would say 65-70. Died in his sleep.

His wife's daughter and husband (and baby) live next door, so I'm glad she has support.

We have 18 condos here in our section. Three buildings of 6.

We didn't get to eat out today because I had to clean up the altar due to communion and then handle the Thanksgiving baskets. Got it all done.

We just ate a light lunch at home. We ate out on Saturday, so we're fine.

I have to get bloodwork done in the morning and then go to church to work on our OCC room so we will be ready to take all the leftover items to the attic this Saturday.

We always take all of that stuff up at the same time we bring down the Christmas tree and the nativity for Advent. (also the large Advent wreath and stand)

This year we have so many of our "regulars" who are having health problems, so we begged all able-bodied people to help us this Saturday. (we barely have any of those)

I worked on the back room on Saturday when I was setting up communion, so it's mostly ready to go. I need my friend to help me make decisions!!

Sad to hear about the Christmas parade in WI.

What next??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker thank you for starting us off this thankful week! Enjoy time with your family!

Manna thanks for the tip about freezing foods for holidays. My poor sister used to exhaust herself from all the holiday cooking. I'm glad we share the burden and all of us chip in with the cooking now.

TuTu sorry about the loss of your neighbor. He was still young too! I remember being volunteered by others at my old church because I didn't work or have kids. They just thought prayer would fix all of my problems and I'd be fine to serve. Haven't stepped foot in there since 2010!

BTW, missed what happened in WI. Will have to check the news.

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. Leftovers are one of the worst triggers for me. We are eating at a (church) friend's house for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping to survive. lol

I'm sure she will be making some of it ahead of time and I don't blame her. If we ate out, it would be about the same! But at home, I keep things fresh or frozen.

AK .. I'm sorry they tried to take advantage of you. My friend Chantelle got the same thing at her church once. She no longer attends.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hung wash out this morning in between baking bread for the store.

Sonny got the second turkey out of the freezer so we can roast him.

Hubby is better but still coughing. Daughter has sore throat. Sonny & I have scratchy throats. Eating vitamin c's!

Want to find the frozen sour cherries so I can make pie filling for Thanksgiving dinner.

I might not have time to post until afterwards. I feel a little stressed.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did my balance exercises.

My sister-in-law and I packed up mom’s dresses to give to charity. She can’t zip them up the back anymore since dad passed away. We convinced her to give up 3 purses. Only about 6 more to go. She only uses one and rarely goes out with a purse.

Took the stuff to charity. We all grocery shopped for mom. Bought some wine for ourselves tonight.

Took a short nap.

Getting ready to go pick up Chinese food for dinner.

Manna—hope you all feel better soon. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds like it will be wonderful.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a fasting day since I overindulged at the buffet Josh took us too yesterday.

I did 2 loads of laundry and wiped down some of my room which has a film of concrobium on just about everything. I'm still not done and worked for a few hours wiping down books and CDs. Also swapped mirrors on my chest of drawers for one in the shed. It was heavy and I struggled with it.

Manna I hope and pray that you and your family make a speedy recovery. Thank goodness you cooked ahead of time!

Hiker I love Chinese food! My Mom doesn't remember all the clothes, shoes and purses she has. She almost bought another black and white purse until I reminded her that she had one very similar in her closet...sigh!

TuTu sure hope you can enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. I'm fasting off and on and might take a benadryl before heading to my brother's. I have to be very careful with foods that might have vinegar and try to avoid them at all costs!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Sunday was a super good day for my ears. The past 2 have been horrible. But I am forging on.

Sure enjoyed seeing my brother and his wife. I left this afternoon to come back to my house as they were going out with friends tonight and I wouldn't see them this evening.

Will head back to mom's again Thursday morning.

Did a quick stop at the grocery store. Then topped off my fuel tank with gas.

I had a lot of packages that came today. My 2 air purifiers are now set up. I also got the hypoallergenic pillow cases and pillows. Hope I like the pillows. They are not as flat as the ones I use and I sleep on two pillows. Maybe one will be enough.

Took the empty boxes to recycling.

Did my knee exercises and back exercises.

Made some chicken salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Super fantastic day! Went to Josh's at 1:00 and he drove us to Angel's Antiques about 40-45 minutes away in Opelika Alabama. We shopped for almost 4 hours!

I bought an old aluminum orange juicer and a Japanese hand painted porcelain trinket box. We also scored in finding another beautiful Japanese doll that we're giving to my Mom for part of her Christmas gift.

Afterwards we went to their local grocery store for last minute items for Thanksgiving. They had an incredible sale on vino so I bought 4 bottles of various types and 4 bottles for cooking. Also 2 four packs of Grolsch beer that Maddog introduced me too.

Then off to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and finally got home after 10:30.

Hiker I'm so glad to hear you're having a good time with your family! Be careful driving back on Thanksgiving!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I hope your ears are good today too!

AK .. Sounds like some great finds in AL!

We will be spending Thanksgiving dinner with friends from church. They are elderly and he is in hospice care. We had Thanksgiving dinner with them about 6 years ago.

The wife works with our OCC group and she is the one who has paid for the soccer balls each year, among other things like making 60 dresses for us each year!!!!!

It all worked out really well, because I accepted their invitation and then realized I may have offended our alternative "family."

Well, turns out that she will be too sick on Thursday to do any cooking at all and we may have another Thanksgiving on Sunday. What could be better than that??!!

(she will be too sick because she gets shots of methotrexate on Thursdays)

I am cleaning my house today and also doing my Bible study for next week since I have the time.

The weather is in the 50's and just cloudy. Tonight it will get very cold and the high tomorrow is 38-40.

I love a cold Thanksgiving and/or Christmas!! (within reason, of course!!) That comes from being in Texas and most of us hate when it's HOT on Thanksgiving or Christmas. Really puts a damper on it for me.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my knee and back exercises.

Found out my mom's retirement center had a main water pipe break and it is a major repair. They have had no water today and will be moved to hotels.

Naturally this is very upsetting for my mom. I will go over tomorrow to her hotel (she can't do the stairs at my home so cannot stay with me). I will also make sure she has what she needs from her apartment. They said it could take a week or more for them to get this fixed as they need to knock down a major concrete wall.

Problem is that the right hand there doesn't know what the left hand is doing. When I called the front desk they told me she was going to the Hilton tomorrow and would get 3 meals a day. They told mom she was going to the Hyatt and would get two meals a day.

I am frustrated. And I am sure the elderly residents are very frustrated!

Spent most of my day trying to get this figured out and still don't know where my mom is going and what time. [cussing]

Weather is rainy with 40 mph winds. Ugh.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What a mess. I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope it gets sorted out by the morning.

It will be so difficult for all of them and for their dear families!!!

I'm sorry the weather is not cooperating either.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

My Mom decided today to make food here for the 3 of us for a late dinner so I had to unexpectedly go to the grocery store.

We're still going to my brother's around 1:30 so I made my ham and potato salad to take and put some aside for our late dinner.

Also I made mashed potatoes, deboned the rotisserie chicken and helped Mom make the dressing.

Bought sweet potato casserole and have frozen peas and carrots if we need a veggie. Also bought Knorr turkey gravy packets and whole cranberry sauce.

Wiped me out but all I have to do is get ready before our Thanksgiving luncheon.

TuTu I see you two are also having 2 Thanksgiving dinners. At least yours is on a different day! I have no dessert for second dinner tomorrow but don't think we'll need it! LOL!

Hiker your poor Mom! I hope and pray they fix the water main quickly and everyone can get back soon. What a time for this to happen!

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Happy Thanksgiving!

I started my day with my balance exercises.

Talked to mom several times over the phone trying to get her packed as she had to move to a hotel today.

I finally ended up driving the 70 minutes, packed her up and took her to the hotel. The bed is so high I am afraid she won’t be able to get in and out of it.

I had to teach her how to use the key card for the room and the tv remote etc. Some other retirement center residents will be at the hotel so hopefully they can help her out.

Almost hit a deer driving home in the dark.

BFF is dropping of some Thanksgiving food. I have barely had anything to eat today.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker ..take her a step stool?? One of those you can fold up. Would she be more prone to falling?

Two years ago is when we first started running into the tall beds in hotels. I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION.

With my back and hip issues, I cannot just "launch" myself onto the bed.

At one hotel I asked for a stool. (Yes, I'm serious) They brought me one of those flat plastic ones.

I asked that lady what they were going to do when some 5 foot tall 85-90 year old woman couldn't get into one of their beds!!!

She just looked at me like she had never thought of that. DUH!

So last year I bought one of those folding ones to take on our trips. How stupid is that nonsense!!?

The bad part will be when I forget to take it along!!

Glad you missed the deer!

AK.. I hope today went well!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu—good idea about the stool. I am afraid mom would fall off it. Don’t need a broken hip or femur (Dad died due his broken femur)

Friend just brought me some egg nog spiced with rum. Went down smoothly. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Happy Thanksgiving my friends! Just finished washing dishes from second dinner and it's almost midnight. I'm seriously going to turn into a pumpkin! My stomach is going to get me for this! LOL!

Everything went great at my brother's and here at home. One of our better holidays for sure!

My plan is to decorate for Christmas tomorrow and not to venture out on Black Friday.

Hiker I'm glad you went to help your Mom because she seemed just overwhelmed. And I'm relieved you didn't hit the deer and made it home safely. I made a cocktail tonight for the 3 of us. It was made with vodka, cranberry juice, gingerale and a squeeze of fresh lime. Ours also went down smoothly. [Big Grin]

TuTu had to smile thinking of you launching yourself into bed! Those high beds are no joke. My little Mom is only 4'7" and it's a real issue for her. How'd your dinner go? I forgot my benadryl but seem OK except for my distended stomach. Thank God for stretchy pants! [Big Grin]

Good night friends and see you all tomorrow!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Flipped my mattress. Laundered my sheets and mattress pad and remade the bed. Next week I will get out the flannel sheets.

Did my knee and back exercises.

Filled the bird feeders.

Spent a lot of time with “mom” stuff. She fell in her hotel room. No carpeting in the room so it was a hard fall on laminate flooring. Said her back hurts even more now. But with her it is hard to tell if it is actually more pain than usual. When she is feeling down she complains about her back more. Still, I worry.

I called retirement center and they went to check on her. She said she was fine.

But she complained to me a few minutes ago about her back again.

So, I may end up taking her to urgent care for an X-ray. Not much they can do with a vertebral or sacral fracture, though, at her age. Will see how she feels tomorrow. Her pain didn’t stop her from walking to the lobby for her meals.

AK-you inspired me to get my Xmas boxes out of the basement. I put out most of my Xmas decorations. Still need to decorate my tiny tree and will wait awhile to put the wreath on the door and winter cover on my mailbox.

[ 11-26-2021, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know, hiker. I thought about that. I told them at the desk that I was a tall 5'3" ..anyone shorter would really have a hard time getting into bed.

It's so stupid.

I sure hope your mom's back is OK

AK .. I didn't realize your mom was that short! (and I've even met her!)

I want to do my Christmas decorations. If my husband is game for it, I'll work on it Sat and Sun. He was not feeling well enough to go to the memorial service here at the condos this morning.

It was really nice. We're going to miss that guy. He was literally everyone's handyman and construction go-to.

We will bring down all the decorations at church tomorrow, so maybe hubby will be in the mood. He's been in a lot of pain lately. He's better this evening.

I can go get some of it if I have to. I'm better this year than I was at this time last year, praise God!

I just noticed that I didn't tell you about our shoeboxes. We got them all delivered Monday around noon. The grand total was 353. For once, our count was the same as theirs. LOL.

and .. AK.. the food we ate at our friend's went down fine. It was rather surprising!! It was so good and I didn't feel ill at all. Rare indeed!

(you know how sometimes, just having a good day makes it all go smoothly .. if I had felt ill that day, it would have all been downhill)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Spent the day eating leftovers and decorating for Christmas. Hung the outdoor lights on the porch and Mom wrapped the faux evergreen and red tinsel garland around the top rail.

After working outdoors we moved inside and decorated. The hardest was hanging the faux evergreen swags on the curtains in the living and dining rooms.

Hiker we have a small tabletop tree and it's fine for just the 2 of us. Josh is the only one who comes by for presents and appetizers on Christmas Eve and dinner on Christmas day. Are you still planning on decorating your Mom's place as a surprise? I hope she didn't injury herself when she fell. Keep us in the loop please.

TuTu, yep my Mom is tiny. I think she's shrinking a bit. I feel like Godzilla next to her. LOL! Wonderful job on the shoeboxes! BTW, I know just what you mean about having a good day. So happy to hear you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner!

Hope to sleep soon because Mom and I are heading to Ft Benning around 10:00 to pick up her meds and do some shopping.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Tutu--Hope your hubby feels better soon. Congrats on meeting your OCC goal for the shoeboxes!

Ak--I have my tree decorations sitting there but this afternoon I chatted so long with a friend that I didn't get to them. I sure needed that destress char, though. [Big Grin]

I did go drop off my 40 books for charity this morning.

Did a load of laundry.

Did my balance exercises.

Called mom. Hoping she is back at the retirement center by Wednesday or Thursday. Has to be boring just sitting in the hotel room all day. My mom has shrunk to 5 feet and she was complaining again about the high bed.

Her back still hurts but she is able to walk to get her meals in the lobby and it is a pretty long walk for a 94 year old with a walker.

Am now watching Illini football that I recorded. Their last game of the season.

Being a couch potato tonight and watching a Hallmark flick.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Thanksgiving Day dinner with family was a success. Was over all too soon and everyone has gone back home.

Several of us have come down with colds. I didn't do much at all today. Put a couple loads of laundry through the washer & dryer.

Took a nap this morning and again this afternoon. Ready for bed now.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Sorry to hear that you caught a cold, Manna!

Hiker .. I sure hope she gets out of that motel soon!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement