LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Long haul lyme new name for it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Long haul lyme new name for it.
MADDOG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gang
These covid people are so much like lyme people.

Just how can it be so much like lyme?
THAT DNA STRAND??

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/01/desperate-patients-are-shelling-out-thousands-for-a-long-covid-cure-is-it-for-real/?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I do not know anything about mother Jones thingy.
MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The DNA of Lyme bacteria is much different than the DNA of Covid.

But the cytokine storm is similar and occurs with other diseases as well.

Sounds like the doctor prescribing an assortment of drugs for long haul Covid was scamming those poor people. Mother Jones was exposing him.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MADDOG:
Hi Gang
These covid people are so much like lyme people.

Just how can it be so much like lyme?
THAT DNA STRAND??

If Covid-19 was lab-produced, then it may contain pieces of many pathogens which potentially produce the long-haul cytokine reaction, as in chronic Lyme.

Can Lyme bacteria be ruled out as one of those?

Will we ever know the truth?

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, bird flu, dengue fever, the plague, flu, Epstein Barr etc etc also cause the cytokine reaction.

Somehow I doubt all these diseases were lab produced.

Why do some of us see conspiracy everywhere? [confused]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be clear, I did not say "all". And, I said "IF" Covid-19 was lab-produced. The jury is still out on that subject:

https://www.newyorker.com/science/elements/the-mysterious-case-of-the-covid-19-lab-leak-theory

Also, I was not suggesting "conspiracy", as it could have been an unintentional lab leak while conducting "gain of function" or other research, for example.

Either way, there is a curious lack of answers, even after 2 years.

Posts: 1880 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Phoiph, maybe I misinterpreted your post. I thought you insinuating that Lyme might be lab produced.

I am not surprised we don’t have answers about COVID’s origins. China has not exactly been forthcoming.

--------------------
Hiker53

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hiker, yes, you did misinterpret my post.

That said...have you read either of these books? If you have or plan to, I'd like to hear your thoughts on them.

"Lab 257: The Disturbing Story of the Government’s Secret Germ Laboratory”, by Michael C. Carroll

“Bitten: The Secret History of Lyme Disease and Bioweapons” by Kris Newby

MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have lab 257.
Never forget the usda lab in Mammoth cave national park. Where i got Lyme.

Like google map mammoth cave park then click on the thingy that makes it look real.
then follow the roads and look for the lab it is there.
Still listed as a lab there.
MADDOG

Posts: 3996 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So the lab or the wet market story is consistent with bats, right?

Do a search on bats. They are carriers of Lyme bacteria(s). What do bats feed off of? Vectors.

You can call it a conspiracy, if it makes you feel better. But there a so many bad guys found by experts that think and look outside of the box, and have found some interesting bad guys to be attached to this virus spikes. Truth tellers, maybe?
Here's just a few.

Corona Virus 1968
Malaria
HIV
Mycoplasma
Tetanus
Lyme (borrelia)

That's why Lyme & co folks so relate to the long haulers, and the symptoms experienced by some covid patients. Reading stories from covid folks over the last 2 yrs has to have caused some head scratching by anyone that has lived in Lyme world.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Mother Jones article - some idea of the work being done on "long haul" covid and some good advice: ( I split it up for easier reading.)

"Meanwhile, at Abramoff’s Penn Medicine long Covid clinic, the results are far less miraculous—but he does see patients slowly responding to therapies.

Medication alone often isn’t enough—the clinic also teaches patients how to cope.
For those with profound fatigue, for example,
“We’ve talked a lot about the four P’s
—pacing, prioritizing, planning, positioning—
to adjust their daily lives to compensate,” says Abramoff.

His team works over the course of months to reduce their most bothersome symptoms,

a process that can be frustrating because it often involves trial and error, and a little bit of whack-a-mole.

Treatments often fix one symptom but make others worse.

Abramoff also finds himself helping patients navigate the ever-expanding universe of people and companies peddling unproven treatments, which he finds “frustrating and sad.”

One of the toughest parts of the job is telling desperate patients that there is not yet a silver bullet.

“That’s what every patient wants: a universal treatment that will make their symptoms go away,” Abramoff says.

Then, he pauses. “Unfortunately, we don’t have that.”

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

We can only hope that the attention this disaster is bringing to "Long Hauler" syndrome will help people with chronic Lyme who have been dismissed, ignored, and disbelieved for decades.
MADDOG
Member # 18

WOW!!!
MADDOG
Member # 18

So why did they put a lab at mamoth cave national park.
So they could collect bat diseases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MADDOG

Phoiph
Member # 41238

I remember older relatives who grew up near Plum Island describing the strange creatures they would find washed up on shore. I was infected with Lyme near there.
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good article on that and lots more. Rep Chris Smith got an amendment on this subject through the US House. See link at the bottom of the article.

https://www.lymedisease.org/lyme-biowarfare-pat-smith-lda/

I do not endorse any of the conspiracy theories on this matter, but would like some answers to all the questions about Plum Island.

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Thanks Ann

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement