LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you Can do today. July 17

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you Can do today. July 17
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here we go with another week of movement! [woohoo]

Join us as we encourage each other to keep exercising.

Gardening? Swimming? Walking? Cleaning? Physical therapy? Shopping? Hey, we even count gabbing on the phone. [Big Grin] . Or just tell us about your day.

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Church this morning (National Cathedral service live streamed)

Did a load of laundry.

Baked a chicken breast and made chicken salad.

Did my knee exercises and feet exercises.

Talked to my mom and my brother. Mom still showing no signs of Covid after her exposure. She has one more test to pass on Thursday to be in the clear. She can keep going to activities with her mask on, though, so that is good.

Watched some of the World Track and Field Championships. More to watch tonight.

Am having the spaghetti I made earlier in the week for dinner over rice pasta with zucchini and tossed salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone! How's it going??

Had a good day at church Sunday, but my kids are gone on vacation for a few weeks. They will be back in 3 weeks.

Today I had an appointment with my Dr about my thyroid labs. They seem to be OK.

I went to pick up my Zolpidem and it was not ready. Issues with how the script was written. Long story.

I hope to pick up the new script tomorrow. I wish I had known the pharmacy was having problems because I could have gotten a new script while there.

Ran a few errands and took a nap. Fixed a quick supper.

Exciting day. LOL.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad your thyroid tests turned out okay, Lymetoo,

Did my balance, shoulder, and feet exercises.

Worked on Bible study.

Worked outside trimming some branches etc. but didn’t last long due to high humidity.

Took recycling to bins near me and put books in library drop off. Nice the bins and the book drop are in the grocery store parking lot fewer than 6 blocks away.

Called mom.

Went to the chiropractor.

Talked with a friend on the phone for a long time.

Just took the garbage to the curb and am ready for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning I went shopping for skorts (shirt with shorts built in) but couldn’t find any.

Went to post office.

No pool, it rained all day but cleared out early so I decided to go to an outside concert at my park.

Packed all my necessities and when I got there, I couldn’t find my iPad. Anxiety so I retraced my walking route, no iPad. Drove home and iPad on the counter. I didn’t go back to park but I can hear the music from my backyard.

Took dog for a walk.

Cleaned the kitty litter boxes.

Took garbage out to the curb.

Backwashed the pool filter and checked the chlorine levels.

Made organic greens salad with tomatoes, cucs, onions, leftover steak and hard boiled eggs. Very satisfying.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! At home PT for shoulder and SI joint then did SI PT with Mom.

After lunch we went to my Mom's BFF so I could show her how to use the finger stick on her new blood sugar monitor.

Talked with a friend a long time so that's most of my exercise for the day!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I watered the flowers outside.

Did my knee exercises.

Watched the World Track and Field Championships that I taped last night.

Worked on Bible study.

Went to PT clinic for my feet.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IT'S HOT!!!

[Eek!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went for coffee run, almost wasn’t worth it getting into a smoking hot car.

I stopped off at the Goodwill to drop off clothes.

The far end of my porch had a blind but I forget to roll it up and the wind destroyed it, so I bought one on sale and with a 10.00 store coupon. I hope I take better care of this one.

Took dog for walk and noticed she had a poopy bum so into the bath. She felt better as she was so overheated and drinking lots of water.

Neighbor came over with green peppers and sweet banana peppers. Also just picked cucumbers. Thank you.

Only did 25 laps in the pool as it was hard to breathe with the high temps and humidity. I jumped in at least 10 times throughout the day.to cool off.

Made 1/2 steak for me and beef bones for the dog on the grill.
When I’m outside, she likes to knaw on the bones in the grass.

Hoping there’s a good show on tv tonight.
Definitely running ac all night!

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunshine returned today.

Picked the green beans. Had some for supper and probably enough for two more meals.

Started sewing a dress for my cousin. Got all the darts and the shoulder seams done.

Baked sweet potatoes & white potatoes for lunch.

Washed & dried a load of towels. Folded and put them away.

Checked on the tomatoes & cucumber vines to be sure they are growing up the cattle panels.

Checked on the keets this morning. One of the waterers was dry. Must be leaking, so I replaced it with a different one.

Daughter picked blackberries this evening. We are freezing them until we get enough to make a batch of jelly.

Yesterday Sonny got the engine he ordered for a mini bike. They worked at it until midnight last night. This morning he was up bright and early to work at it some more. He got it running! Just came back from a run with it. It still needs work, but he's having fun.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sat with Ms H today and was outside for an hour or so. Even though it was under 90 felt much hotter.

Binge watched our latest Chinese historical drama with Mom once I came home.

Made a couple of boneless country style pork ribs and yellow squash for dinner. Mom had rice with hers.

Off to watch a movie.

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--Love blackberries. Used to make a great pie from the ones from the neighbors. New neighbors removed all the black berry bushes. Grr.

I went grocery shopping this morning.

Did my balance exercises, shoulder exercises, and feet exercises. Am getting quite sick of these!

Watched some track and field. More on tonight.

Called mom.

Finished up a good mystery.

Hot, humid, windy and miserable out.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This morning a neighbor came over and gave us advice on rebuilding our cold cellar and on taxes.

Wash two loads of bedding and of tablecloths. Hung them out to dry.

Leftover soup for lunch.

Took a nap this afternoon.

Worked on the flowerbed along side the front steps. Pulling weeds, expanding the one side a bit farther. Planting a few more flowers. Now to put sawdust down yet.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Did absolutely nothing today.
No energy due to heat issues.
Be careful everyone.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Hiker .. I'm sorry you lost your blackberries from the neighbors.

Bonnie, I'm with you. I was out and about yesterday and it was 104 degrees. (same today)

I was so tired from yesterday that I slept 8 hours, then took two naps before 1 pm. I was spent!!

I had to go to Bible study at 1 and by that time I felt a lot better. It's like an oven out there. Just like South Texas, with blowing hot wind included.

Be careful in the heat, AK!

Manna .. wish I could eat one half of the delicious foods you have on the daily.

So .. all I did today was go to Bible study and then wash clothes, etc. I stayed inside. Tomorrow I will be out quite a bit. Oh joy.

It's not going to be any cooler .. all week and into next week.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi everyone! I ran errands today and was just miserable in the parking lots. I swear I could smell tar like they were melting!

Me, Mom and Josh went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner. Had 2 helpings of the salad bar and ribs.

We all sat around and chatted and now I'm getting ready to hit the hay!

Stay cool my friends!

[Cool]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I love this thread! Hope I can join in.

Just got. back from a nice walk around the village green.
Lots of kids enjoying the splash pad in upper 80's perfection.

Will do my stretching exercises later.

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1590 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Welcome, Ann-Ohio. Of course, you can join in if you can put up with us! [Big Grin]

I got up early to water the flowers. In the 90's here, but not as hot as where you are, Lymetoo.

Did my knee exercises.

I had Bible study this morning via Zoom. Leader has had covid for a month and was still coughing up a storm. Poor gal. She has cancer, so bouncing back is rough for her.

After Bible study I made gluten free blueberry muffins. Will take half to mom tomorrow.

Also did my shoulder exercises and feet exercises.

I am still on the hunt for shoes.

Right now I have 3 different pairs from Fleet Feet. 1. Nike Air Pegasus 39--a little too loose but have potential to keep
2. Asics Gel Cumulus 24--Too much cushion so I don't feel grounded and with my balance issues I need to feel more grounded.
3. Asics Gel Cumulus 23--Last year's model just came today and the cushioning is perfect. They are slightly tight and in hot weather, they may feel tighter. But, need to make a choice soon. Surprised they differ so much from this year's model.

Thank God, Fleet Feet has such a great return policy and you can wear the shoes outdoors. Sadly, today they sent me white shoes instead of the grey I ordered, and I don't want to get them dirty. I never buy white athletic shoes since I go everywhere in them and wear them with everything.

I think I will drag the shoes to the podiatrist Monday and see what he thinks. If I end up getting inserts I want to make sure they fit each shoe type.

Took a short nap then balanced the check book.

Time to think about dinner. Then will divide some of the evening time between the Jan. 6 Committee hearing and the World Track and Field Championships.

Have a great evening! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Today was a GREAT day!

Went for coffee.

Stopped at grocery store to pick a few things up.

Took out garbage.

Took dog for a walk.

Vacuumed laundry room and dinning room. Sweat was pouring off me, couldn’t finish.

Got into bathing suit and did 50 laps over the coarse of an hour.
Nice and easy. My arms are looking good, legs not so much, lol.

Sat on my porch and read a few chapters from library book.

hiker- If I ever have foot problems, your the one I’m going to 1st!
What an ordeal just to get comfortable walking shoes. Sorry.

Decided to celebrate so I grilled steak AND lobster on grill.
Paired it with broccoli, it was absolutely delicious. You have to treat yourself good every once in awhile because we definitely deserve it.

Got my blood work back and of coarse I have high cholesterol from all the butter I eat.

Will watch January 6th hearing at 8:00pm. Hope I can stay up till the end.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Baking day. Got finished earlier today. Daughter had most of her cookies baked before supper. Only the peanutbutter to do afterwards. Now Sonny needs to start on his whoopie pies.

Picked more blackberries.

Washed a load of laundry. Will put it in the dryer.

Had a downpour this evening.

Oldest Son was cook tonight. He decided on sandwiches...with ice cream sandwiches for dessert.

The cauliflower and broccoli I planted for fall crops are up. I also had stuck some apple seeds in potting soil and 4 of them have come up.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Bonnie--Guess you can join my high cholesterol club! lol

Got up early to beat the heat. Watered the flowers.

Did my balance exercises and my feet exercises. New shoes felt good during balance exercises but as the day went on I could tell they are too tight and my feet are killing me now.

Drove the hour to my mom's and surprised her. Sorted through some papers for her, paid a bill, took her garbage and recycling down to the proper room for that etc.

My goal was to find a remote control for her ancient tv as the buttons on hers are worn out and don't work. I was able to get the number of the remote and found one online. Hope it will work when it comes. If not, several other websites have potential.

Am back at my house now. Took off my license plate cover to put on the new yearly sticker for the plate.

Listened to the National Cathedral morning prayer.

Am ruining my cholesterol with gluten free pizza tonight. [Big Grin] Am finishing up my Christmas gift card that my brother gave me for a local pizzeria.

More World Track and Field Championships on TV tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Hi Ann-Ohio!

Woke up before 5:00, too much on my mind in regards to my Mom's health, and couldn't go back to sleep.

So made a pot of coffee and watched news a bit then was out by 7:00 and trimmed the bushes. It was so early I beat the heat! Yay!

Woke up Mom at 9:30 to get her ready for an 11:30 ladies luncheon. We met 6 other ladies at a local Mexican restaurant and enjoyed the food and company.

Dropped off Mom at her BFF'S and I went to Sam's and also to my fav grocery store. Went home and put away groceries then drove to pick up Mom.

LOL...we had our luncheon leftovers for dinner.

I'm wiped out and I'm already in bed at 7:22!

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Dropped dog off at the groomers.

Stopped at bakery and bought my sister a birthday cake, she’ll be in town for the weekend.

Put up new blind for the porch. A job that should take 15 minutes took over an hour and it’s still not right. I screwed in the brackets the wrong way 3 times. I almost started crying because my brain couldn’t figure it out.

Went and picked up dog.

Walked the dog.

Did 50 laps but it was tough. My back pain was off the charts today, sitting in the car was brutal. I don’t remember doing anything stupid. Anyways, the water was so cooling until I got out.

Made a pork chop on the grill, paired it with fresh green beans and cuc salad.

Just finished watering all my plants.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Did laundry this morning and hung it out to dry. Had some nice breezes today.

Picked beans, brought in the little broccoli heads that grew after the main head was taken. Pulled some red beets and a few yellow beets. Picked a boquet of zinnias.

Pulled weeds along the tomato row and finished weeding the sweet peppers. Tucked the growing tops of the tomato plants through the cattle panel and the same with the pickle vines.

Stuck a few sweet potato plants in the row where some went missing.

Hubby pulled weeds in the celery rows this morning and I worked at it this evening after supper.

Hubby & Sonny went out to the neighbor this evening, Sonny to do some weedeatering and Hubby to see his 'new' truck that he fixed up & got running.

Supper was new potatoes that Sonny dug, greenbeans, yellow beets and hamburger gravy.

Welcome Ann-Ohio! The more the merrier!

hiker53
Member # 6046

Did laundry this morning.

Trimmed the 4 spirea bushes in the back of the house and watered the flowers.

Swept the garage and vacuumed the car.

Spent the rest of the day inside as it is 95 and humid. Severe storms went all around us.

Worked on Bible study for over an hour.

Did my feet exercises.

Read this afternoon a bit and then talked to my BFF for a super long time.

Making dinner soon and watching track and field again tonight on TV.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Cleaned up the spilled potting soil on the front porch and replanted the baby hens and chicks in the pot again. I had it setting on the porch railing for months. It set there safely until I seeded portulaccas in it. A day or so later in got pushed off the railing overnight. So I planted the hens & chicks in it and it gets dug up again! Not sure who to blame - the cats or the dog???

Did two loads of laundry and hung it out.

Gave the keets food and water. Put fresh hay in the hens nest boxes. Fed the cats.

Planted some marigolds.

Peeled red beets for pickled beets.

Peeled, chopped and filled 7 quart jars with sweet potatoes to can. Added some maple syrup to each jar for candied sweet potatoes. Still has another hour and a half on the stove.

It was quite warm and humid this morning, so we started the air conditioner. This afternoon a sudden thunderstorm blew in with much cooler, less humid temps. The electricity was blinking off before the storm came, so we'd turned the air conditioner off. By the time the storm left, we didn't need it anymore.

Have a bit more wash to fold and put away.

Maybe I can get a few more seams sewed in my cousin's dress tonight.

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Woke up with splitting headache.
Took me awhile to start feeling better.

I cleaned the shower and bathtub while I was taking a shower.

Looked out my bathroom window and noticed I was missing 1 foot of water in my pool. Went outside and a hose came off and all the water up to the skimmer was gone. I filled it back up. Water temp @ 86* (that’s very warm).

Washed throw rugs and hung outside. Dried in 1 hour, that’s gotta be a record. I threw in cat toys with the rugs. My cat carries around a pink plush stuffed kitty, it is literally his pacifier.

Visited with my sister and gave her birthday gifts.
Will be going back over in the morning,

Walked dog.

Did 50 assorted laps in pool.
Sat under an umbrella on an anti-gravity lounge chair reading but it was just too hot so back in the pool to cool off.

I made baked haddock fillet in the toaster oven with green beans and watermelon. Night time snacks are consuming my thoughts, lol.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Loved reading all the posts!

Did 2 loads of laundry, ran a couple of errands, bought one order of biscuit and gravy for me and Mom to share. I fried 1 egg each to go on top.

Met a friend from high school that I'm getting reacquainted with for a movie. We saw Where the Crawdads Sing and it was amazing. Now I'll have to read the book!

Since she paid for everything at the movies I sprung for dinner. We had chicken wings and onion rings.

So had a fun day.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement