LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » EXERCISE ... WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY! July 31, 2022

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EXERCISE ... WHAT CAN YOU DO TODAY! July 31, 2022
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up and at 'em, everybody!!

Had a great day at church and then went out to eat. Love our little Mexican restaurant! The employees are our friends.

At church we had two couples from Texas. They knew people we knew. That's always the fun part!

I'm off for a nap soon!

Hope you will have fun today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the National Cathedral Church Service and then the sermon from my own church.

Watered the flowers. Lots of wasps swarming around me this morning but I couldn’t see a nest on the house or in the ground. Happy not to be stung. Went out later to wind the hose up and didn’t see any wasps. Odd.

Did a load of laundry.

Did my knee exercises and feet exercises.

Took my recycling to the bins at the grocery and dropped off a library book there. Nice that the store has the recycling and a public library drop off.

Called mom.

Took a nap.

Will have leftover meatloaf for dinner. The probably watch a little tv and read.

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone! I'm feeling better today. Up early to water plants but will be back out in the early evening to water some more. Can't believe how everything is drooping including me...LOL!

I made chicken cacciatore to go on top of rice and sauteed brussel sprout halves with bacon fat.

Not much of an appetite so hope I can enjoy some dinner.

Other than that plan on drinking more fluids and resting.

Thank you guys for the well wishes and prayers.

Still keeping an eye on my Mom for any symptoms.

Stay cool friends!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After a shaky start this morning, I finally got moving.
I hadnt been in the pool in a few days yet my ears were full of fluid and hurt along with a sore throat and headache. A shower and meds helped.

akinwlf-good news indeed, keep it up!
I noticed my flowers were limp today too.

hiker- There were ALOT of bugs out today

Went grocery shopping, wasn’t busy for a Sunday. Nice.

Put groceries away and when I opened refrigerator to fast, container of cottage cheese fell out and spattered ALL over the INSIDE of frig and across kitchen floor. What a mess.

Cleaned kitty litter box and on my way down the porch stairs, the garbage bag broke and I had another mess to clean up.

Walked the dog.

Watered all my flowers.

Forced myself to get into pool. I did 50 laps and was SO HAPPY I accomplished that. When I swim later in the day, I have a European hornet dive bomb me out of nowhere and hit me in the head. I haven’t been stung yet but they’re huge and scary.

https://www.ontariobee.com/sites/ontariobee.com/files/img/CKW%20vs%20EH.jpg

Threw 2 steaks on the grill. One steak was freezer burned so I grilled it for the animals. I paired it with fresh cucumbers from the neighbors garden.

I’m a good tired.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice rainstorm this morning. We sure need the rain and some good chances the next few days, although hot for sure.

Ran two errands to get some supplements I needed.

Did my balance, feet, and shoulder exercises.

Talked to my brother and my mom.

Then yapped with my best friend.

Still dickering with the billing department for the health clinic mom goes to. They can seem to send the correct coding for her podiatry appointment. I refuse to pay the bill. That took a lot of time.

Went to the chiropractor.

Having chicken salad for dinner and then need to haul the trash to the curb.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day.

Did several loads of laundry. Its all going in the dryer as we are still getting rain almost every day.

Picked the pickles. Not very many ready yet. Sure hope we get some sunshine as there are loads of blossoms, but the rain is keeping the bees away from pollinating them.

Saw some of the FourOclocks are soon going to bloom.
The geraniums I started from seed are starting to bloom.

Daughter made tomato soup for supper tonight. A favorite of all. But there were some complaints that she hadn't made grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with the soup.

The dog flattened my flat of marigolds this afternoon, so I rescued about 9 little plants and planted another flat of seeds. Its seeds we saved from last years blossoms, so we have plenty to try again.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--It's been rainy here the past few days, but as long as the storms aren't severe I am not complaining. We are in a drought. More rain tomorrow with heat, so the storms may be more severe in the afternoon/evening.

Did my knee and feet exercises.

Worked on Bible study.

I went and got my hair cut. Poor salon owner (and only stylist) is worried about her rent going up in October. Her haircuts are only $20 and she is located in a retirement center. Would hate to see her leave.

Stopped at the library on the way home to get books on hold.

Then on a whim stopped at the local running shoe store owned by the mayor. Mitch, the sales guy, is super knowledgeable and even remembered what shoes I tried on in June. I bought a different Asics on sale and have 2 weeks to decide about it. I can wear the shoes inside and outside. Would rather buy local than at a chain store.

However, I did receive another order by mail from Fleet Feet today and the Saucony shoes did not fit. Am getting another order tomorrow. So, I will end up returning a lot of shoes again. The sales clerk at Fleet Feet does not like me. But he wouldn't offer me any suggestions last week when I asked and I have had to research and buy online. So, he shouldn't complain when I bring shoes back.

Spent a little time reading.

Leftover chicken salad for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went out and cut down some big weeds growing out by the greenhouse and the shed this morning. Moved some tin and discovered a little gray snake. The dog went after it, but it got away.

Did a couple more loads of wash.

Emptied & refilled the dishwasher with baking dishes.

Cooked a big kettle of little potatoes. Fried potatoes and potato salad coming up!

Have a canner full of sweet potatoes on the stove.

Picked several tomatoes today! 4 yellow ones and two that are yellow inside with red on the outside. Not sure what these were called, but had some like it that were called Mr Stripey. We had tomatoes with egg salad for supper! Yummy!

Dug the first carrots this evening. They aren't really big, but it could be that part of the garden is too shaded. There are a couple trees we want to cut down sometime.

Was going to repot my african violets today, but didn't get that far. Tomorrow's another day.

Gabbed with my sis -in -law. And with a friend.

A neighbor stopped in asking Hubby & Sonny to come help him this evening. Sent two cookies with him.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Manna--you do have a lot of critters around your place, don't you?

I haven't had good potato salad in ages. Always feel it is not worth the work to make it just for myself.

Heat advisory out today and we had some heavy storms move through. Perhaps more on the way.

I did grocery shop this morning.

Filled the car with gas. It finally went below $4 per gallon. Was above $5 a few weeks ago.

Filled the bird feeder.

Called mom to remind her I was coming over tomorrow afternoon. She called me back 30 minutes later to ask when I was coming. She thought it was today. [Frown]

Called United Health Care and I think their statements for mom will come to me now. Next, I have to check with her dental insurance so all statements come to me.

Sadly, a gal in our Bible study took her own life this week. I sat and wrote a poem and a sympathy card for her grown children. She was only 58.

I did my balance exercises and my feet exercises.

Time to think about dinner and then be a couch potato.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had an up and down night so I was dragging today.

My poor dog gets allergic skin hot spots and would welp every hour. Called Vet and he told me to stop in and pick up a antibiotic. I gave her bath, applied cortisol crème and antibiotic and she slept most of the day.

Cats must have has a scrap last night because there was fur clumps on carpet. Had to vacuum.

Took back recycle plastic bottles and picked up a few things.

Stopped for coffee.

Washed bedroom throw rugs and hung outside to dry.

Took afternoon nap.

Picked up large pizza pie.

Stopped at my neighbors and gave him 2 slices, stopped by my brother’s and gave him 2 slices, stopped by my mother’s neighbor and gave her 2 slices. We all live within a mile of each other. I ate my 2 slices when I got home.

Went swimming for 1 hour. My endurance is better. Did 50 laps in 30 minutes. Then I laid on my back and looked at the moon even though it was still daylight.

Neighboring county had a tornado warning but you wouldn’t have been able to tell from my view. It was another gorgeous day!

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 2 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realize that I haven't been posting here! No fever today but still sleeping alot!

Later gang!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6137 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Had sunshine all day today! NO rain!!

Dusted the beans and zucchini with DE before the dew dried this morning.

Hung 3 loads of wash out on the line today.

Pulled weeds in the pathway between the terraced strawberry beds. Laid paper down & covered it with sawdust.

After lunch pulled weeds in the front flowerbed. It was in the shade by that time, which felt good.

Made potato salad and cucumber salad for supper.

Picked the pickles again.

Need to keep the guineas out of the garden - they are eating my tomatoes. Not a good idea! I want to make lots of tomato-y things to can for winter.

Folded wash and put it away.

Hubby & Sonny helped the neighbor again this evening until it was getting dark.

Two chicks hatched in the incubator today! We'll see how many more are hatched till morning.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Much cooler here today. Hurrah. Still could use a bit more rain but not happening.

Had Bible study via zoom. Three members logged on and have Covid. Glad we are still using Zoom.

Did my feet exercises.

Trimmed back the hydrangea that has brown leaves and also cut the blossoms. Hoping this way it will put the energy in to forming new leaves and getting through a harsh winter.

Drove to mom’s to celebrate her 95th birthday. 😃🎈 Will stay overnight. Cleaned out her bathroom cabinet, cleaned up her desk etc. Have been down to the recycling room once and will surely make another trip.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sleeping quite a bit. Did manage to jazz up the chicken cacchiatore a bit since we've been eating it all week. It's finally gone! Yay!

Hoping my Covid test is negative tomorrow. I have many, many errands to run and hope I can manage them all.

Josh had his first week today sans students and is hoping to see us Sunday.

Glad to see everyone is doing OK and a special shout out to Hiker's Mom! Happy BDay!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday to hiker's mom!! woot woot!

AK . I'm glad you are feeling better. Let's hope the test is clear now.

Tuesday was very busy for me. It's always a long day since I go to see my friend Sharon in a nearby town.
Also went to exercise.

Yesterday we had Bible study and today I had exercise again. We finally got decent rain last night and it made me sleepy and tired this morning.

I decided to be lazy and go to exercise at 1 pm. I lay down for awhile but only snoozed off and on.

Tomorrow our Bible study group is going to an orchard and then to a small restaurant in the nearby state. My only hesitation is the driver won't run the AC very much .. I KNOW. I'll be hot the entire time.

The heat really drains me. Thank goodness it is cooler now, but the humidity came back full force.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I bade mom "goodbye" and drove home early this morning in the fog. Very humid still.

I returned more shoes to two different stores. Think I will just keep the Asic gel cumulus and try to get used to the extra cushioning. They fit very well.

I did my feet exercises.

Watered the flowers.

Talked to my brother for quite a while.

Spent time trying to get mom's dental insurance documents sent to me. Complicated because it involves not only the dental insurance company but the state retirement system.

Mt BFF is coming over later with Chipotle Burrito Bowls. We will sit on the back porch and enjoy our meals and each other's company.

Off to listen to the National Cathedral Morning prayer service that I missed this morning.

Tutu--Hope it wasn't too hot today for your journey.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Very hot and humid today, very hard to breathe and forget about doing anything physical.

I did managed to wash all 7 pillowcases and hung outside to dry. Yes, I NEED 7 pillows to get comfortable in bed.

I was in the pool twice today.
1st time to cool off and just float and stare up at the multi-colored big puffy clouds cruising by.

2nd time was exercises, 50 laps of assorted strokes. I finally added leg exercises. High steps with knees to stomach. Forward and backward. Will let you know if I hurt my back again.

Walked the dog with my wet bathing suit on and jogging shorts.
I only walk to the mailbox, lol.

AC will be on all night. Thinking about my electric bill already.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Negative Covid test and ran all my errands.

Paid insurance, handled phone appointment with Mom's GP, took her to get a Covid test and pick up meds, gassed up car and we went grocery shopping.

Feeling much better but probably overdid it a bit.

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Ak--Glad you tested negative. Hope your mom does, too.

BB--Keep that back painfree if you can.

I slept in until 8 this morning. Not sure why I was so tired.

Pulled a few weeds and deadheaded the marigolds. Squatting made my thighs burn so I guess I need to do some squats every day to get in shape.

Did my balance exercises.

Ran a load of laundry.

Watched the video that goes with Bible study and then watched a Beth Moore show I recorded.

Got a bill for my ENT appointment which had a procedure listed that he did not do at my last appointment. So, messaged the MD, but it will be my word against his. Just don't want to be stuck with the extra payment. I really like this doctor, too, so am sorry this happened.

Off to have dinner and then read or maybe watch a chick flick on Hallmark.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Absolutely too hot and humid for any kind of activities today.

I gave the dog a bath then I took a Luke warm shower.

Still feeling awful with sore throat, headache and stuffy nose.
I took a covid test, it was negative.

akinwlf- you mentioned you took your Mom for covid test. You can order free tests delivered to your home.
https://www.covid.gov/tests

Believe it or not, I made pot of vegetable beef soup, started making it at 7am. I has hit the spot, had 2 bowls. Very hardy.

No pool, no exercises.
Today was pet your animals all day day. 🐈🐩

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Sunny most of the day with a few sprinkles and a couple thunderstorms with some rain, not alot.

Hung 2 loads of wash on the lines. Brought them back in when a thunderstorm was approaching. Wasn't quite dry so threw it in the dryer to finish it up.

Washed 3 outside carpets and one inside carpet with the garden hose. Poured a little dishsoap on them to suds them up good. They look much better. Had a hard time drying them. The outdoor ones are hanging out on the back porch to finish drying.

Sonny and I planted the last of the sweet potato plants. It might be a bit late for them, but I hated to just throw them away. Figured we may as well plant them and see if they produce anything. If we have a late frost like last year, they'll have plenty of time!

Picked pickles and tomatoes. Checked on the sweet corn and its still not quite ready. Next week!

We have 15 baby chicks that hatched in the incubator. There are still some more to hatch.

The boys & Hubby took the vehicle they'd been working on for the past year, for a trial run tonight. Hoping to get it inspected and then Daughter has a better vehicle & can sell her old one.

Supper was mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and buttered carrots. Ice cream for dessert with your choice of peanut butter or chocolate syrup or both!

Swept & hosed off the front porch. The dog had dumped some of my pots so there was potting soil and leaves all over. Thoroughly watered all the potted plants on the porch. Rearranged things so hopefully she lets my pots alone.

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement