LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you Can do today August 7

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you Can do today August 7
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread. [woohoo]

Here we encourage each other to get up and move.

Are you swimming, walking, going to the gym, cleaning, baking, gardening or shopping? All these and more count as exercise.

Or just tell us about your day.

Have a an awesome week!! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watched the National Cathedral Church Service. Good sermon.

Did a load of laundry.

Did my knee exercises, feet exercises and shoulder stretches.

Took my recycling to the bins near me.

Talked to mom.

Read a bit this afternoon.

Am off now to give a ride to a friend.
[Cool]

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, started feeling better today. Now don’t over do it again!!!!

Went for coffee.

Went for a few groceries, 20 minutes I was home. That’s got to be a record.

Very hot but forced myself to get in the pool.
The water cooled me off instantly.
I ended up staying on the pool deck for 5 hours!!!!
In and out of pool atleast 5 times.

Did 50 laps of assorted swimming strokes.
Then added the leg exercises.
Topped it off with the out- put jet hose for a massage.

Threw steak on the grill, paired it with fresh cucs from my neighbors garden.

Cat was overheated and breathing like a dog.
Thought about gently submerging him in pool but I thought better!

So relaxed. What a great day 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us motivated for the week.

BB thanks for the link for the free tests. I have 2 left but probably need more.

Had a bit of a sore throat, runny stuffy nose and sneezing today.

Still made Sunday dinner for me, Mom and Josh. Baked ribs, kale and white beans. Came out good but overcooked the beans a bit, more like bean soup.

Hope it's not Covid again!

Well, off to find something to watch on TV or read something off my library app.

Night friends!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worked on Bible study this morning.

Then did my balance exercises and feet exercises.

Spent the afternoon with 4 friends playing dominoes. We had a blast. Sadly one is a teacher who has to return to school next week, so no more dominoes for awhile.

Getting ready to fix dinner. Hamburgers, green beans, and tossed salad. Keeping it simple.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa, had a hard time getting a breath due to humidity. Tomorrow shows a cool off.

Gave dog a bath. She went outside and trampled through a muddy patch. Had to give her 2 nd bath.

The sunflower seeds that I just threw in the ground, are now over 10 feet tall!!!!!! There’s 5 plants. They are gorgeous. One has such a LARGE HEAD that it’s hanging straight down. So I got a ladder out of the garage and have it leaning up against and holding up the head.

Went into pool twice, I’m having a hard time climbing up the stairs to the deck. My right knee in swollen. My arthritis is progressing.
Anyway, I did the 50 laps over the coarse of an hour. Then I floated on a raft. I so appreciate I am able to swim, it is my favorite thing.

Washed a load of towels.

Took garbage to the road.

Made BLT for dinner.
Did light back stretches then laid on big rubber ball. It felt so good.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's Covid again. Rebound from taking Paxlovid. Taking Alka-Seltzer Cold and isolating for another 5 days.

BB I'm ordering more tests from that link because I only have one left. I use them and then double check at a regular lab.

Hiker thank you for telling me to keep masked for five days after the negative (which was false) because I'm hoping my Mom will be OK.

Feeling a bit better but still resting.

You guys enjoy your day!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6147 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

akinwlf-so sorry to hear, hope you kick the covid to the curb. Homemade soup has saved me many, many times. Making soup in the summer is not easy. Crock pot cuts down on heat.

I spent most of my day on the ParraTransit bus.
For my Doc’s appointment this morning, the bus was on time.
But they were 2 hours late picking me up.

When I finally got on the bus, there was one seat left out of 8 seats! All those other passengers got dropped off first. So it took 3 1/2 hours to get home on a pre-arranged booked trip.

My body is SCREAMING in pain.
So happy to be home.
Already in bed.

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK-sorry you had the rebound effect of the drug. Sounds pretty common.

Watered my flowers.

Sold my old exercise bike and the couple came to pick it up. Making room for the recumbent exercise bike.

Gorgeous day so I went for a walk.

Did my knee exercises, feet exercises and shoulder stretches.

Called mom.

Worked on Bible study.

Decided to wash the 8 windows downstairs. Only 14 more to go upstairs.

Talked to the ENT office where they billed me for a procedure they didn’t do. The MD insists he did the procedure and the gal training to be a P.A. says she didn’t look in my ears. Sheesh. She sure did.

I think they have me mixed up with another patient but I don’t want to lose this doctor and be dumped because I am a “problem patient.” He is the only ENT out of 11 that I saw that listened when I said my Eustachian tubes didn’t work.

Time to get some dinner and totally chill out. Am exhausted.

[ 08-09-2022, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got up early to put Sevin dust on a yellow jacket nest under the peach tree. Then decided to dust the beans with DE.

Started weeding the asparagus patch. Want to plant the extra plants we started this spring. The feed them before laying cardboard down to keep the weeds out.

Washed a couple loads and hung them out to dry. Brought them in just before a thunderstorm came up. The last load wasn't quite dry, so into the dryer it went.

Repotted all my African violets and took the babies out to start new plants. Accidently broke a few leaves off, so those all got stuck in potting soil to grow new plants. Rinsed the plants off before bringing them back inside.

Picked enough sweet corn for corn on the cob for supper tonight. Also had a colorful platter of sliced tomatoes from our garden... white, orange, green & red. Made egg & cheese salad to top them.

Called my Sis-in-law to gab a little.

Started digging out for one of the 2 steps to the greenhouse.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

BB--Sounds like the paratransit system there needs some help.

Manna--I used to grow African violets and loved them. Not sure why I don't have any now.

Overdid it yesterday and not much energy today.

Went grocery shopping.

Did my balance and feet exercises. Plantar fasciitis really flared up after walking yesterday.

Called mom.

Talked to the manager of the ENT clinic today. Think we have some things resolved. The PA told him something different then she told the nurse yesterday. Very odd, but time to let it go.

Took a short nap this afternoon.

Went to the library. I actually ended up there twice as I went to get books on hold and got 2 and then realized when I got home there were 4 more and several had to picked up by today. They were hidden on a different shelf than usual.

So, I had better start reading tonight!

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, everyone.

I hope you feel better soon, AK! (and that your mom will still be safe)

My mom used to grow African violets too .. I joined in for awhile too. My mother gave them up when she realized that the mold in the pots was making her sick.

I've had a busy week. Saw my friend (cancer patient) yesterday. We ate out at a Mexican restaurant. We shared an order of chicken enchiladas with queso sauce.

Today hubby and I had lunch with an "old friend" from Houston. We grew up next door to each other. He and his brothers always came over to our backyard and played when we were kids.

I have two brothers and then there were two more boys across the street. I was totally outnumbered!

He came with his wife, son (and wife) and two grandkids. We enjoyed our brief time together today and then I was off to Bible study upstairs.

Took a nap too, since I only had 4 hours of sleep last night.

Have a great evening, everyone!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Canned diced tomatoes to use in soups and casseroles. Some I added italian seasoning, the rest just have salt added.

Also canned a batch of sour pickles using the recipe my mom had that was called Grandma's Sour Pickles. Not sure why they are called sour, because they do have sugar in them. Though great grandma used saccharine instead of sugar because she was diabetic. I remember mom making them with the saccharine when I was a little girl.

We had several thunderstorms and downpours this afternoon and evening. Put a stop to Hubby's work at rebuilding the cold cellar. He said every time the rain stopped and he'd go back out, it started raining again.

The dog is scared of thunder and managed to slip in the door a couple times. She was absolutley fascinated by the baby chicks in the box in here. We had to put the dog out because she kept getting closer and closer to them. Can't trust her not to try catching one of those squeeky toys! She 'herds' the guineas outside any time she can.

Hopefully we can get the cage ready for the chicks out in the barn one of these days.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Still taking it easy and reading.

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Another BEAUTIFUL a day [Cool]

Had a lot of quick stops.

Got coffee.
Got gas.
Picked up script.

Went to meat market for dog bones and pie. Gave my neighbor cherry and pumpkin and I got blueberry.

Went to cable company for new remote. Got home and got instantaneously aggravated trying to program it. The problem was you have to turn on your tv first but I couldn’t find the on/off switch to my tv. Finally I just started pushing buttons and it went on.

Friend came over and we went swimming. Had a blast.
She invited me to go kayaking next week. I so hope I am able!!!

Walked the dog.

Brushed all the animals and applied flea and tick prevention.
I used a lint brush after brushing to catch all the fine hairs. One cat is long haired and gets hair balls if I don’t.

Stuck on dinner choices.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Beautiful day here, too.

Watered the flowers and weeded some.

Washed the sheets and then remade the bed.

Did my knee and feet exercises and shoulder stretches.

Worked on Bible study.

Ran a package to the Fed Ex drop off at Walgreens.

Filled the car up with gas.

Filled the safflower feeder.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Just ordered more Covid tests! Thanks BB!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK--Sorry you are still ill. But hopefully you will feel better soon!

BB--Kayaking sounds like fun. I used to canoe quite a bit but haven't in quite a while.

Tutu--Mexican food sounds great and if it is the restaurant I am thinking about they have really good food (and great sangrias [Big Grin] ) I ate there twice a few years ago when I was in your neck of the woods.

Got up early and made some blueberry muffins. Saved one for lunch and popped the rest in the freezer for later.

Did my balance and feet exercises.

My recumbent exercise bike was delivered this morning and so I tried it out. I am so out of shape that I will start with 5 minutes and work my way up from there.

Worked in the yard a bit cutting back the forsythias and using the grass trimmer around the hostas.

Gorgeous day--about 80. Clouding over now, but the clouds are just a tease and the rain will pass us by again.

It is so dry here I had to water the 40 year old forsythias and also my redbud tree.

Talked to a friend for quite a while. Then chatted with my mom.

Sat out on the porch for some time just to enjoy the day. [Smile]

Tossed salad with strawberries and zucchini and a small gluten free pizza for dinner.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hiker .. That's one of the best places, but this was in the nearby town to the east of us where my friend Sharon lives now.

I did little to nothing today, except now I'm washing clothes. Gotta be productive for a least a bit!!!

I also have to go water all my plants and maybe the ones the subdivision planted that I am trying to keep alive.

I figure if they make it to September, they will live. If they die, it will be awhile before we get new ones.

Hope AK is feeling better!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Did a load of laundry.

Listened to the video/audio that goes with my Bible study. I tend to listen and not watch.

Rode my exercise bike for 6 minutes.

Watered the flowers. Long story but I managed to clank the heavy metal hose sprayer on my ankle bone and now have swelling and bruising. [bonk]

Fixed baked salmon, asparagus, and sweet potato for lunch.

Washed 5 more windows. Halfway through with about 10 more to go. Had to borrow neighbors #1 screwdriver because I didn't couldn't find that size to fix a part that came off. He loaned me some silicone spray to rub on the tracks as the windows didn't want to go back up. Had to move furniture to get to the windows, so 5 was plenty to do today.

Took a short nap.

Homemade spaghetti sauce with rice pasta, green beans and tossed salad for dinner tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Had a little pool party. Was in the pool 4 1/2 hours over the course of the day. The pool deck has 3 umbrellas with chairs to shield the sun exposure. My skin was wrinkled but my body was pain-free.
Couldn’t tell you how many laps I completed. Nice and relaxed now.

hiker-I hurt myself too. I walked into my air purifier. It sits on a plant stand in my bedroom. The unit is square with sharp corners. Rammed my thigh and fell forward onto the floor. Man that hurt. I immediately iced it for an hour. Then I slammed my ankle into bed frame a few hours later.

Took dog for walk. Noticed she was chewing her tail. Took flashlight and saw a flea so had to give her flea bath. I just put flea and tick prevention on her. Had to reapply.

Watered my plants.

Washed a load of towels and hang them outside to dry.

Cleaned kitty litter boxes and took out garbage.

Neighbor brought over more cucs, cherry tomatoes and assorted peppers. Also gave me a quart of ham and bean soup. Dinner, lol.

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Corny day........ we picked the corn from our patch and put around 20 boxes in the freezer. Mostly quarts, some 1 & 1/2 pints.

Hubby and the boys worked at repairing the cold cellar after the corn was in the freezer. They also are working on another 4 wheeler.

I cut up and froze two big containers of tomatoes. Didn't have time to make sauce out of them and didn't want them to spoil.

Daughter worked at cleaning up the house.

I think we are all tired tonight!

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement