LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you CAN do today! December 25

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you CAN do today! December 25
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas. šŸŽ„

Take today off from exercise but then join us the rest of the week as we encourage each other to move about.

Besides, if you are like me, you will need to shed those Christmas calories.

Enjoy the last week of 2022! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got up early and drove the hour to momā€™s. Interstate was very clear. Her townā€™s roads were not well cleaned or snow and the retirement center parking lot was a skating rink. Glad I brought my yak tracks.

I did a lot of little tasks mainly financial that needed to be done for mom.

Had a decent meal in the dining room except for the cooked kale.

Took a short nap this afternoon and then did some cleaning around her apartment and polished some 150 year old silver pieces such as a small pitcher.

Appetizers for dinner and maybe a glass of white wine afterwards.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a wonderful blessed Christmas with Mom and Josh. We opened presents on Christmas Eve had hors d'oeuvres and Asti Spumanti mixed with Cranberry Pomegranate juice.

My friend couldn't make it today so Mom volunteered me to go clean Josh's house so thats how spent Christmas day. I'm exhausted now and going to bed soon.

Merry Christmas you guys!

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas everyone ā­ļø

hiker-so glad you got to see your Mom on Christmas!

My internet, tv and landline phone went out late yesterday and it just got turned on!!!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how upsetting it was to go without the services we take for granted. I am warm, belly full, with a loved one, LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

A section of my red wood fence blew down. I couldnā€™t leave it like that as the dog goes out there and would have access to freedom. I called my neighbor and it took him 5 minutes to mail it back up.

Made nice turkey dinner. Everyone ate turkey including the animals. And we had seconds.

I got a LifeStraw water purifier. No more buying or lugging water into the house. What a great gift!!!! I have a Brita but the new one eliminates heavy metals and pesticides.

Neighbor got covid and they had to cancel their family Christmas dinner. I pray we donā€™t see a surge in the numbers due to the holiday.

Time for tea and homemade peanut butter cookies.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas! We had a wonderful day with all the children at home.

Had our Christmas dinner at noon. Went out exploring late afternoon.

After a supper of leftovers from dinner, we built our gingerbread houses. A fun family tradition.

Everyone is tired.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AKā€”I am laughing that your mom volunteered you to clean Joshā€™s house. I vote for letting him clean his own house. [Big Grin]

Light snow here all day.

I went to the pharmacy for mom to get her prescriptions and to get her new insurance installed for the 2023.

Did my feet exercises.

Otherwise I have been pretty lazyā€”reading and working a jigsaw puzzle in one of the rooms at the retirement center.

Mom has weekly dinner reservation with a resident friend and is abandoning me for dinner. [loco] I always have a TV dinner in her fridge so I guess I will eat that.

Take her to her appointments tomorrow and then will head home.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful to hear we all had a great Christmas!

Mom took pity on me today so only had to make a late lunch and we vegged, me on the couch and her on the love seat and watched 2 Chinese historical dramas. Noshed on wings and cookies for dinner.

I might have to go to Ft Benning tomorrow and pick up meds for my Mom. It takes hours if it's a first time prescription. I dread it.

Other than that I don't have any plans.

Working on a puzzle sounds like a good idea. I bought one of the moon and it's round and haven't opened the box yet.

Stay warm friends!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I de-iced the car and took mom to get her Prolia shot.

Then drove the hour back to my home and unpacked.

Went to two credit unions. I was at the drive-up window at one where the gal slides out a tray. Put the check down to deposit and before she could pull the tray in, the check blew away. Scrambled out of the car like a wild woman and she came out and we found it. Not too wet, either, from the snow. Whew!

Yakked on the phone for a long time with two friends.

Went to chiropractor.

Started figuring out mileage cost for health visits to deduct from taxes. Two different rates--January through June and July through December, so it took me awhile as I needed to look up some of the appointment dates.

Was hoping mail will eventually come before it gets too dark but that isn't happening. Street is still slick.

Bless my neighbor who shoveled the snow that arrived yesterday and last night. And bless my BFF who stopped by and threw down some ice melt on the drive, sidewalk and porch.

Off to rustle up some dinner.

Then I am relaxing. I am so tired from my visit with mom. Love her, but dealing with a 95 year old with dementia is very stressful.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Warmed up to 32* today!

Took care of the chickens this morning and again this evening. Let the chickens outside awhile today since its not so bitterly cold.

Started sewing a dress for my cousin, who is planning to come over on Thursday.

Started doing laundry. Didn't do any at the end of the week and now its Mt Washmore!

Gabbed with my Sis-in-law awhile.

Baked the sourdough bread this afternoon. I let it rise too long and had to punch it down and let it rise again.

My turn to cook supper - chili cornbread casserole, green beans, pretzels & dip, ice cream and hot bluberry tapioca.

Now back to my sewing again.

Posts: 2252 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had to clean the house after 2 days of mess and clutter.
Took the garbage and collectibles out.

Walked dog to mailbox.
Played with the cats with their new laser toy.

Watched 2 good movies but was left with our mouths wide open at the end, because there was NO ending!!!! Lazy writers think itā€™s cute to let the viewers imagination figure it out.

Took 2 hour nap, I was tired.

Still eating leftovers which is fantastic.

Made my smoothies for the week.
Afterwards my back and shoulder blades were screaming in pain so I had to lay down with heating pad on.

Called neighbor to check how thereā€™re doing with covid.
Both bedridden for the past 2 days.

Talked to my sister. Will be in town over the weekend to celebrate Christmas and exchange gifts.

Tea time with frozen blueberry pie I cooked.
I hope I like it, Iā€™m spoiled when it comes to baked goods.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Mt. Washmore got a chuckle out of me!

Good neighbors and friends are a blessing indeed!

Josh and I dissect movies after we watch them. Especially ones we can't figure out the ending!

Ran to Mom's GP today to make a Medicare wellness appointment which they no longer perform. They also didn't know who does them...Great! Will have to check around.

Only waited one hour to pick up Mom's RX which was a miracle!

Gassed up the car and went grocery shopping at the commissary.

Dropped off the groceries and ran to pick up another RX for Mom and get some water.

Home to cook dinner of Korean cabbage and turkey spam pancakes. First time I made them and they weren't bad.

Watched another Chinese historical drama with Mom then helped her with PT and rubbed her sore spots with pain cream.

Now it's time to relax!

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Spent most of the morning dealing with momā€™s new insurance. The membership card has her name incorrect. I didnā€™t notice the small discrepancy earlier. It has to match the Medicare card. Sigh. So, she will need to be sent a new card and I doubt it will arrive before her appointment in 2 weeks.

(But at least I got mom in on a cancellation, so praying weather will be good). Last week her appointment had to be canceled due to the severe weather.

And I will have to go back to the pharmacy in her town to get the new card in the system when it arrives.

Aetna also lost the power of attorney forms I mailed in. They had the cover letter and another form that were in the same envelope but not the POA papers. Aetna is not on my happy list.

So, I wrote another cover letter and printed off the POA papers and went to the post office.

Then I stopped at the library to get books on hold.

Then I dealt with Amazon who sent mom the wrong eye drops.

Talked to a friend on the phone. Talked to mom and then to my brother.

I did I my knee and feet exercises and rode the exercise bike 20 minutes. I had taken 3 days off exercise and it is hard to get back in the routine.

Most of our snow has melted but the winds are picking up, too. It will be 50 tomorrow and a week ago it was below zero. Crazy.

Mailman came twice today. They are trying to catch up from the storm when they couldnā€™t deliver. I wonder how long before Buffalo residents get mail.

AKā€”what a shame your momā€™s GP wonā€™t do Medicare exams anymore.

I am cooking a chicken breast to go with the cranberry sauce I made today. Will add some asparagus and a small tossed salad.

I am going to watch the Kennedy Center Honors tonight. Amy Grant is one of the honorees and I love her Christian music.

Bummer, my BFF just called and she has Covid. We purposely didnā€™t get together during her teaching break until after I saw my mom but were going to spend New Yearā€™s Eve together. Pray for a swift recovery and that she doesnā€™t pass it to her husband or to her daughter who is visiting from out of state.

[ 12-28-2022, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I heard Covid numbers were going up. Hope your friend recovers quickly Hiker.

Planning on actually going out this New Year's Eve with a friend. Usually I stay home but she doesn't want to go out alone.

Same friend and her friend are picking me up tomorrow to drive about 35 minutes away to a small town in GA to go antique browsing and out for lunch.

I've wanted to go shopping but been hanging out at home with Mom.

Today I made a salad and topped it off with Josh's chili, tortilla chips, sour cream and cheese. It was delicious. Mom had rice, a small salad, miso soup and one breakfast nugget. She didn't want just salad for dinner.

We did our SI joint PT twice and I washed a load of clothes.

Found a new Chinese historical drama to watch that has like 40 something episodes. We've only watched 2 so far.

Our weather is crazy down here too. 60-70's next couple of weeks. What happened to our winter?

Night all!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I stayed up too late last night reading, so slept in this morning.

I did my balance and feet exercises and then my shoulder stretches this morning.

Washed my sheets and remade the bed.

I went and got my hair cut.

Then I stopped by the car wash and discovered that I do, indeed, own a blue car and not a grey one.

I rode the exercise bike 20 minutes this afternoon.

Repeating last night's dinner of chicken breast, cranberry sauce, green beans and a small tossed salad.

Then I plan to watch the Illini basketball team. They have been a pretty big disappointment this year, but I have to be true to my school.

AK--Find anything on your shopping excursion? I am now probably just going to stay home for New Year's Eve, since my friend is ill. Haven't set up an alternative plan. I rarely make it to midnight, anyway.

Have a good evening! [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

I need a haircut too! Also need to cut Mom's since she likes the way I cut her hair.

I spent some of my Christmas money today. I bought 2 silver rings and a silver necklace, peach butter, champagne/dill mustard, a hippie sticker, 2 pairs of sunglasses and 2 hummingbird feeder rings for me and Mom to wear next year.

My friend brought a young neighbor along who I think is in her 20's or 30's. The 3 of us had a great time browsing the little shops there.

Had an awesome lunch of half a sandwich on a croissant with homemade tomato basil soup and a blonde brownie for dessert.

Glad we walked around the afternoon afterwards. My hip is bothering me from the stairs so had to medicate once I came home.

Josh coming tomorrow for a Mexican fast food lunch so looking forward to that.

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been kinda busy I guess!!

I won't be going out for New Year's.. very tempting, but we have to get up early for church on Sunday. Maybe we can go next year.

It would have been fun to go with my friend "C." Her husband is from Kenya and his sister just flew in yesterday. They will bring her to our town and go to a big show on New Year's.

I'm pretty sure this is the first time the sister has been in the States. They are coming over here for supper or pie before they go.

I think they get fed before the show (at the theater)...so I guess I'm just making a pie (or two!.)

I'll be back later.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Lymetoo, what kind of pie will you make? Eating pie with friends sounds like a good New Yearā€™s Eve plan to me!

For some reason my ears (Eustachian tubes) are crazy today and throwing me way off balance.

Went grocery shopping. Bypassed the chips, the peanuts, and the wine which were on my list for New Years for watching Bowl games. Cashier at checkout said, ā€œYou sure eat healthy.ā€ Lol

Am still dealing with Aetna, momā€™s new insurance. I followed up my Wednesday conversation about the wrong name on her id with an email. Got an email back saying it wasnā€™t Aetnaā€™s issue but was the state retirement centerā€™s issue.

Called Aetna because the phone number for the state retirement that Aetna gave me in email was wrong. Aetna and I had a conference call with state retirement.

State retirement wouldnā€™t talk to me because I am POA for health for mom and not finance (thatā€™s my brother) as apparently the name changes fall under the finance office. So, we were able to get my brother on the phone and have a 4 way call. Sheesh. Sure hope the issue is fixed but as my brother said in the conference call, ā€œThe proof will be in the pudding.ā€

Moral of the story: always follow up a phone call with an email or written letter. Glad I did.

I did my knee exercises and feet exercises and then after lunch rode the exercise bike 20 minutes.

Called mom. Wrote a note to a friend whose father just passed away.

Read my daily devotional and a chapter from Christian writer Susie Laronā€™s new book called ā€œStrong in Battle.ā€ Susie is a chronic Lyme disease sufferer.

Raked leaves out of the storm drain. Not sure where they came from.

Took a nap.

Typical Friday dinner with gluten free pizza and tossed salad.

I have a new mystery novel to read tonight.

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Lymetoo, pie sounds delicious! We have a case of lemons and I'm thinkg of a lemon pie.

My cousin came yesterday, stayed overnight and headed home this afternoon. I finished up her dresses last night and she wore one of them today. It fit very nice! I think we got the pattern fixed.

Got the rest of my Christmas letters ready to send out. I know they are late, but we had to travel out of state the week before Christmas due to a funeral. Didn't have time to get everything done.

Warmed up enough to go out without a jacket and we didn't freeze! Currently 56* at 6PM. Now we have MUD, MUD, MUD!

Wed night the vehicle the boys took to work left them set 1 mile from home. Hubby thinks the transmission went bad. The neighbor's buddy is checking for a used one. Hubby is trying to decide if he should be another vehicle or fix this one. He was an auto mechanic so can do it himself. Biggest challenge is no shop here to work in.

Daughter is making supper tonight, tomato soup and open face cheese sandwiches.

Mt Washmore was conquered! All folded and sent to the right bedrooms! Time to start over with laundry tomorrow.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Manna our weather here was 73 and starting to rain! Sure doesn't feel like winter.

Hiker Josh always tells me to write everything down and he clarifies everything through email too.

TuTu there's always room for pie!

Let's see...today morning and evening PT for me and Mom. Washed her bedding and changed sheets. Light breakfast of one toaster strudel and half a persimmon each.

Actually unpacked about 4 boxes of my things that have been in my Mom's shed over 7 years. Some things had to be thrown out. Did find my large print Bible which I had forgotten about. So looks like I'll be 'treasure hunting' in the shed this week.

Later lunch with Josh and this evening I made rice topped with a fried egg for Mom and I had a salad.

After New Year's looking forward to some fasting.

See everyone tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

And we are on the last day of 2022..

I did my balance and feet exercises. Then did my shoulder stretches.

Ran a load of laundry.

Took recycling to bins at my old school and then dropped a book off at the library.

Filled the bird feeders.

Went to the grocery store and got the strawberries that were on sale for 99 cents. Also got a tiny bottle of champagne to ring in the New Year. Which for me will be early evening. [Big Grin]

Baked salmon, potato and asparagus for lunch.

Dinner will be a small, tossed salad and then I will have some appetizers--shrimp, cheese, nuts, and strawberries with the champagne while I watch football and maybe the Dolly Parton/Miley Cyrus show.

See you next year! [Wink]

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Iā€™ve been missing in action for a few days. Busy and tired.

I had two back to back days of traveling to different family memberā€™s houses to visit and exchange presents. It gets dark so early and it makes your body think itā€™s time for bed, ugh.

Surprised no one has mentioned what present they received?

Iā€™ll start.
Got new phone and couldnā€™t program it.
Got 2 security cameras for front and side view of house but couldnā€™t program that either. Loved one set everything up for me.

Went 2 trips to cable company for new router but they had none.
Area stores had none.
On the way home, I spotted a pawn shop and figured why not. I was in a bad way with no tv and it would have been days for a router delivery. They had one and it worked. Still gonna swap it out when cable company gets them in.

I did cook this past week, ham dinner and lasagna.
Also take out Chinese and pizza.

I noticed no one was drinking alcohol this holiday week.
Thought that was different. I donā€™t drink anymore but that hasnā€™t ever stopped anyone else, lol.

I turned another year older, donā€™t ask, not happy with how FAST time is flying by now.

I got a back masauge. It was the BEST!!!!
My pain was unmanageable for a few days, crying, stayed in bed.
I pushed myself past my allowable limit and paid the price.

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas ā­ļø
Happy New Year to Everyone šŸŽ‰šŸ’„šŸŽ‰šŸ’„šŸŽ‰šŸ’„šŸŽ‰šŸ’„šŸ„°šŸ’„

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Fed and watered the chickens twice today. Found 3 eggs.

Did laundry, still have 2 loads to dry. 2 waiting to fold. 1 in the dryer.

Emptied, filled and started the dishwasher.

Made a shepherd's pie for lunch.

Mended a few wash cloths and a pair of jeans and a jeans blanket.

Cut out a dress for myself. The fabric was given as a going away gift before we moved. Started sewing it.

My gifts this year: a pair of slippers - very nice & warm!, a welcome mat for the front door, a new clock, lightweight cordless sweeper.

Happy New Year!

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Busy day of taking down decorations inside and out. Once put away I took four more boxes out of the shed to unpack. Hurt my bad shoulder lifting a box from the top shelf that was too heavy.

Still unpacked three of them and found crystal and china. Washed and dried everything and put most in new homes around the house.

My friend Theresa and I went to 2 spots that played live music tonight. We had a blast!

Happy New Year friends!!!

[woohoo]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C's favorite pie is cherry cheesecake!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement