LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise-what you Can do today. February 5

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise-what you Can do today. February 5
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 7 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the exercise thread where we encourage each other to get up and move. [woohoo]

So, tell us about your exercise (or just tell us about your day).

Walking, using gym equipment, weights, resistance bands, vacuuming, doing laundry, feeding the chickens. All these and more count!

Have a great week! [hi]

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched my church’s service online. The sermon reflected on the passage where Jesus says that darkness cannot overcome the light.

And so I want to thank you all who have been a light in the darkness of Lyme and our day to day struggles whatever they are. [group hug]

I did a load of laundry. Still looking for a blue sock. If found, let me know! [Roll Eyes]

Talked to mom.

Went to the library and turned in 3 books in exchange for 3 more.

Rode the exercise bike for 30 minutes.

Filled one bird feeder. Tightened screws in a door knob.

Took a nap.

Leftovers for dinner tonight and then maybe another Hallmark chick flick or reading.

--------------------
Hiker53

Posts: 8878 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Hiker for getting us moving and grooving this week!

Me and Mom did our therapies, had smoothies and coffee and went to the PX and a thrift store in Alabama.

Split a bacon cheeseburger and fries for lunch.

Mom crocheted away today and I ironed clothes. We packed a bit for our overnighter to Atlanta tomorrow. She's having another throat scope.

These procedures, EGD's are going to be a regular thing for her because of her advanced liver disease which effects one of the portal arteries.

Very, very scary info!

Mom had leftovers for her late dinner and I had a salad, popcorn and chocolate. Not a good dinner for me!

Need to get some sleep but am a bit anxious about the upcoming trip and procedure....

Might have to medicate.... [Frown]

See you all tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6136 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're here in Atlanta at a different hotel and I'm hoping we can make it to the hospital on time. When I checked in I asked the front desk clerk and he said it shouldn't be a problem. It's only 8 miles away but it'll take about an hour depending on traffic.

Mom is relaxing and nodding off a bit and I'm hoping we can go out to dinner. If not I'll be bringing something back to the room.

See you guys tomorrow!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6136 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK—saying prayers for your trip and your mom’s procedure.

I row the exercise bike 5 minutes to warm up for knee and feet exercises.

Went to vitamin shoppe for saccharomyces boulardii. They were out, so ordered online.

Rode the exercise bike another 25 minutes. But broke it up into a 10 minute ride before lunch and then 15 after lunch.

Called mom.

Read and sipped hot chocolate.

Filled the front bird feeder.

Took the trash bin to the curb. Bonnie, take the trash out tonight! [Big Grin]

Cooking a burger for dinner and having green beans and a tossed salad.

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a GOOD day! Hallelujah!

I started a new protocol on Thursday but I attribute my recovery to a weekend of Diflucan. I think yeast was my nemesis.

Woke up and very little pain and noticeably more energy.

I vacuumed living room and stairs.

I started a batch of vegetable beef barley in crockpot.

Did a load of wash.

Cleaned bathrooms.

Walked the dog and got my mail.

My supplements came. I made up my new schedule for them. I ordered a new one which has thyme, ginger, clove and oregano.
I took that first because I’ve been so longing to try it. After one hour, I was burping up oregano.

Watched Law and Crime on you tube and did exercises!
Sat on couch, brought out my resistance bands and did 20 leg stretches, 20 arm stretches, 20 back stretches and then repeat.

Probably will be sore tomorrow.

Hiker-I remembered the garbage! But thanks for reminding me.

akin- I hoping you have a smooth day driving and successful treatment for Mom. It must be so scary for both of you. Please know many of us are praying for you through this very challenging time.

Anybody watch the Pro Bowl?
I ended up changing the channel, lol.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Baking day - 31 loaves of bread for me, daughter has 15 dozen cookies and Sonny is just getting started with the whoopie pies.

Called the audiologist today and finally got to talk with her. Hopefully the new parts will be here in a few days.

Heard that adding sunflower seeds to your chicken feed will have the chickens laying more eggs. We added it on Friday. They were slowly increasing and today there were 14 eggs. Soon we can stop buying then expensive ones in the store.

Got the laundry washed and dried but not folded.

Supper was fresh baked bread, fried oysters, candied sweet potatoes, and mixed vegetables.

Sewed a little bit of the log cabin quilt. Need to adjust the bobbin tension as something isn't right. It was too tight and now its too loose!

Texted back n forth with my sis for awhile this evening. Exercising my fingers!

BB, you'll think you had pizza with all that oregano!

AK, praying all goes well with your mom's appointment tomorrow.

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

I did my balance and feet exercises and then rode the exercise bike 10 minutes.

Went to lunch with friends—a former colleague and his wife. We went to Bob Evans since eating breakfast—eggs, bacon and hash browns are easy for me since I am gluten free. We had a delightful time.

House cleaner came today and her sister now comes with her so they can get more done in less time.

Went to chiropractor for an adjustment and then walked across the parking lot to another chiropractor who sells the Magnesium Glycinate that I like.

Relaxing now.

Leftovers for dinner. I always make dinner for 2 nights in a row. Boring but easier for me.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are guys are all busy!

I got up a little earlier than usual so I could get some blood work done. Then I came home to fix myself some breakfast.

Then off to church for our Bible study. Today we talked about Rebekah. It's from Shannon Bream's book, which we are all enjoying.

Then on over to exercise. My left foot is bothering me .. mostly my toe .. but I was able to do everything I usually do, minus about 12 laps.

Made a trip to WM for a few items, then home for a quick nap.

Fixed supper and now I have to do my Bible study for tomorrow. Thank goodness they are never on the same day!

Manna .. if you keep having trouble with chickens not producing eggs, go to You Tube and do some searching. LOTS of people across the US are having that problem. I'm sure there are tons of videos about it by now.

AK .. Saw your message via phone and it made me happy!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lymetoo, we added sunflower seeds and scratch to the feed. Last couple days we are getting 11 - 14 eggs a day.

Today got the laundry folded and put away.

Changed the sheets on our bed.

Got a circle letter in the mail today and started writing mine until I got interrupted by the phone.

Fixed the bobbin on my sewing machine, now its all ready to sew again. Want to go do that as soon as I'm done here.

Hubby worked at the cold cellar again today. Said he cleared out a bunch of dirt.

Hardboiled some eggs for egg salad and red beet eggs.

My cousin sent a text saying she is planning to come this weekend. Might bring a grandaughter along too. Sounds like a good weekend coming up!

Posts: 2248 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Guys all the praying really worked! The liver doc called me last night and said they should not have scheduled my Mom for another EGD. It's only needed every couple years unless there's issues.

So today we slept in at the hotel, ate our free breakfast and shopped a bit instead.

Home by late afternoon and I'm heading for bed.

Night friends!

[group hug]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

Got up early and drove the hour to mom’s. Activated her credit card and ran to CVS for her. They didn’t have what she wanted so it was back to using Amazon.

Drove home and then went grocery shopping.

Very tired today so skipped my regular exercise routine and took a nap.

I can tell a big weather change is coming as I have a headache. Chiropractor also released a lot of toxins yesterday so that may be contributing. Rain and wind gusts of 55 mph on their way.

Need to think about dinner and then will just read.

--------------------
Hiker53

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Well I think I have trigger thumb. It's been hurting for a few days so am looking on Google for home remedies. So far splinting looks like a good option and maybe ice and YouTube PT.

I sure need the use of both hands right now and am having serious grip issues with the bad hand.

Took the car to get looked at this morning and thank God no underside damage from running over tractor-trailer tread in the middle of the road in Atlanta yesterday.

Home to feed me and Mom then off to Josh's to wait for chimney sweeper and inspection.

Home not to long ago and I'm exhausted.

Have to get up early for pest control tomorrow.

Night gang!

[hi]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Lovely day here. Was warm enough to be out with just a jacket instead of bundling up in coats and boots!

A dozen eggs today! Another chicken is getting out of the pasture. One of the flighty ones. She wants back in again at night. Had to pen the dog outside as she wants to help catch the chicken!

Hubby worked on the truck today and got it running. When the boys came home they took it for a test run.

Planted more milk jug greenhouses today. Lettuces and flowers.

The cat wanted me to hold him but you can't plant seeds and hold big cats at the same time! He was being a pest so I put a piece of tape on his head. That kept him busy for awhile. Then when it was barely sticking on and hung down over his eye, he just sat real still. It was funny to see him. The tape was clear so it was hard for him to see exactly where it was.

Daughter baked banana bread this evening. Smells wonderful!

I finished sewing the Log cabin quilt patches together. The quilt top is half put together and I decided to stop for tonight.

Took some cuttings from my Christmas cactus and added them to a smaller pot that I just started for my daughter.

Worked at ordering more seeds. Daughter wanted some flowers and I decided to add a few things to the order.

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—glad no car damage. Those truck tire treads are everywhere and hard to avoid in traffic.

Manna—a friend in North Carolina texted me a picture of her redbud tree in full bloom. So early.

Back to my exercise routine today with balance exercises, feet exercises and shoulder stretches.

Then I rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes.

I washed the sheets and remade the bed. Couldn’t resist their warmth on this chilly rainy windy day and took a nap. Slept way too long.

Read from God and Man book. Then did some crypotoquotes from the book I bought myself as a Christmas present.

Pork chop for dinner tonight with broccoli and a tossed salad.

Have a good evening. [Smile]

--------------------
Hiker53

Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My weekly Urologist visit was cancelled on Monday due to a shortage of lidocaine. They called this morning saying they now have the med so I went for my instillation.

Went to bank.

Grabbed coffees to go.

Raining and windy all day, couldn’t wait to get back home.

Tonight high winds up to 60 mph.

Took out garbage and walked the dog.

Started sauerkraut with salt pork in crockpot.

Vacuumed house as my nurse will be coming tomorrow.

Afternoon pain demanded an epsom salt bath.

Talked to neighbor, she has her good days and bad days.
I help her navigate the ups and downs of chronic illness.

hiker-it was a good day to nap.
I had one cat and the dog napping with me.

Manna- umm, I love homemade banana bread!

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Having a rough day.

Went to gym walked 4 laps to warm up and cool down. 10 minutes each recumbent bike, elliptical and treadmill. 30 minutes in the sauna then showered and home doing laundry.

No endorphins at all....

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

AK—don’t be too hard on yourself. You did a lot at the gym.

And that counts for something even if it didn’t make you feel better. Keep it up!

Hang in there. We love you. [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Hiker53

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Warm and windy here today.

Baking day. Forgot to feed the sourdough starter yesterday, so couldn't make any sourdough bread today.

Miscalculated and mixed up an extra batch of white bread. So made some hamburger buns for us for supper. Had Sloppy Joes and salad. For dessert cake and ice cream. Root beer floats for those who wanted them.

Went out for a walk around the pond after the bread was baked. The dogs had fun running along with me.

Daughter was packing away the last of the Christmas decorations and doing a bit of cleaning.

Washed 2 loads of laundry. Will do the rest tomorrow.

Hubby's sis and her hubby are coming for supper tomorrow night. We're having Haystacks.

16 eggs today! I wonder if the sunflower seeds and scratch really made that much difference in the amount of eggs? The youngest ones aren't laying yet.

Hubby worked on daughter vehicle today. It was rusty and ended up breaking one of his tools. Ordered a new one so he can finish fixing it.

Ak, will be praying for you! and your mom.

hiker53
Member # 6046

Bonnie—I love sauerkraut. Haven’t had it in quite a while.

Manna—how many hens do you have that lay eggs?

Didn’t sleep well last night probably due to my long nap yesterday.

No napping today.

Made a pot of spaghetti sauce and froze most of it.

Did my knee and feet exercises.

Rode the exercise bike for 15 minutes and met my 100 minute per week goal.

Chatted with my mom.

Went to a “hole in the wall coffee/donut shop and had a cup of decaf with a bagel and cream cheese. Hope the gluten doesn’t bother me, because I rarely eat it; but their bagels are so good.

Filled the safflower feeder and one finch feeder.

Read a bit.

I am sure I will have a lazy evening.

--------------------
Hiker53

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AK .. You get endorphins? Not fair! LOL .. I supposeI get them but don't notice. I think my LDN keeps that going at a pretty good clip.

I did go to exercise yesterday. 10 min on each machine and 9 laps. I was low on energy and my new dietician said I needed some carbs at breakfast.

I think she was right! Plus, my BP was a tad low.

Hiker .. I could picture your little coffee shop. Too bad I don't eat bagels or drink coffee. LOL.

I should have gone to walk laps at the Rec Plex, but my feet are still giving me trouble. That's why I only walked 9 laps yesterday.

I did manage to clean a bathroom and do some dust mopping in the condo. Gotta clean once a year whether it needs it or not, right? [Big Grin]

Manna .. your kitty sounds so cute!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MannaMe
Member # 33330

Lymetoo, he is a very cute cat. All white and long haired! Yesterday as I was trying to figure out how to change a drill bit, I glanced up to see him launching himself at me! He was going to be held! I was standing in front of the workbench which is was his launchpad.

He didn't scratch, just grabbed hold of my jacket and stayed sticking! I automatically hung on to him, but he wasn't the least bit afraid of falling. Silly boy!

Today swept the front and back porches, and the walk and steps out front.

Did some extra cleaning.

Got the laundry washed, dried and put away.

Prepared the Haystacks for our supper. Had a nice time with our company.

Sewed the seam in the back of the quilt. Had sis-in-law show me how she uses her roll-up quilt frame.

Hiker, I'm not quite sure how many chickens we have - guesstimating around 45 or so. They move too fast to count! Around 16 or so are young ones that should start laying next month.

Looking forward to not having to buy eggs for our baking and hopefully having enough extras for making homemade noodles.

Hubby used my sewing machine most of afternoon. Mending seat covers for oldest Son's vehicle. Bought special needles and thread for the job.

aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Painful day with trigger thumb and aggravated SI and hip.

Another rough day but some better emotionally.

Heading for medicated slumber.

[Frown]

--------------------

Alaska Lone Wolf

hiker53
Member # 6046

I took an extra half dose of seizure med last night due to a lot of myoclonus. Felt like a slug today.

I hauled the ladder up the stairs to change a lightbulb. Then while I had the ladder out I adjusted the latches on my front storm doors. I have double doors and one side has latches at top and bottom to stay closed. The bottom one wasn’t latching and I had to adjust both. Easy fix with a screwdriver.

Did 2 loads of laundry. One was towels that cover my back seats in the car where I lay my walking sticks.

Made a lunch of baked salmon, vegetable and baked potato.

Did my balance and feet exercises along with shoulder stretches. I can tell I am losing some range of motion in the surgical shoulder.

Read and watched the Illini basketball game on mute.

Was steaming green beans and scorched the pan. Note to self: Do not attempt any cooking while talking and laughing on phone with BFF. [shake]

Took me a good 30 minute to get that pan clean. [Big Grin]

Off to fix some dinner and either watch a movie or finish the book I am reading. Am near the end.

[ 02-11-2023, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: hiker53 ]

--------------------
Hiker53

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement