LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » How's the weather?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How's the weather?
Softballmom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6235

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we are a week into December and it is 72 degrees in my hometown. The sun is shining bright not a cloud in sight.

Great day for ticks I am afraid.

We have a saying around here though. If you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change."

How is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SentByHim
Member # 3998

Icon 6 posted      Profile for SentByHim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SMB, think we are in the same neck of the woods. Warm and sunny here too.

Not very christmasy but hey it beast slushy streets.

I do miss fresh fallen snow though.

Sent

Posts: 1574 | From Port St Lucie, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeap,warm and the kids are running around in shorts!

2 years ago,different story,we had the worst ice storm in history.Yuck.

Oh well,never know what is around the corner,I'll take this over ice though.

Looking forward to snow,I hope,and everyone out of school for a couple of days to go sledding.

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey..

Cold, cold, cold here.

We had the first snow two days ago, this morning was strangely balmy and windy..tonight is shivery again..

Have the home fires burning for a couple of weeks now (oil prices, you know )

I always love wood burning season, despite the manual labor involved..

I've been laid up the past day or so..hope to catch up with the board tonight..I see Miss Weeza has gone political on us ..
Uh-oh...

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Well, there's a few weeks to go yet in hopes of a white Christmas, but we're in the upper 60's right now.

A 5 yr.old that I know told me today that he thinks, somebody lied to the weatherman about this being almost Christmas time!

Mo, glad you're on your feet again...don't get too frisky on me now with my itty bitty polit ikle article though. lol

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to worry....I'm not up to too much typing these days..(it doesn't help that I skipped typing in HS, and am with the two finger technique)

So all I could manage this time was to grumble incoherently at the author and my computer screen

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

YOU A FUNNY GIRL, MO.....YOU DO BETTER THAN ALRIGHT FOR A 2 FINGERED TYPIST.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From somewhere SW of Houston and an hour from the Gulf....Low 70s, drizzle.

Volcanoes and earthquakes to follow no doubt.

Weather comes from the west so the rest of you guys get ready for the drizzle.(and the rest)

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About 50 deg. F, rain on and off, some sunny breaks this pm.

Not much chance of a white Christmas here.
Hasn't happened since 1990.

Gotta love rain to live on the edge of a rainforest.

Posts: 267 | From Abbotsford BC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been sick so I have just got around to seeing the weather updates. Interesting.
Thought I would see more cold weather though.

I don't want to see any ice this year. We had a really good snow last year. And around here everything closes down if there is even a thought of snow almost.

Posts: 1331 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had really mild days this week.Last night we had thunder storms.

I was just going to sleep and thought a light was flickering,well it was lightening.Then came the thunder,I thought the symphony had moved into my house and the percussion section was rehearshing.I have never heard such thunder,sounded like it was an echo effect and real long,shaking the house.It really was incredible.

They say in the winter,if you have thunder,then a snow storm will follow in 10 days ,I believe.That actually has really happened to us,so...time will tell.

SBM,yes the bread and milk fly off of the shelves at the mention,that in itself is really something.People just start freaking and prepare like it is the North Pole.Fun though.

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebrat
Member # 3208

Icon 7 posted      Profile for lymebrat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about 40 degrees and the snow is falling...it really get one in the Christmas spirit

I hate driving in the snow, but it sure is beautiful!

~LymeBrat

Posts: 3154 | From NH , USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its cold tonight. Burrrr! Supposed to get down in the thirties tomorrow night and the 20's Monday night. 3great maybe we will see some snow next week you think?

We had an unusual summer so maybe we will have an unusual winter. Just pray no ice and freezing rain. I hate that stuff!

[This message has been edited by Softballmom (edited 12 December 2004).]

24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was clear and in the 70's today. I hear there's a warm trend here for the next couple weeks.
Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....Supposed to be 75 tomorrow...good thing, I'll hardly go out of the house below 60 and below 50 I'm in sort of suspended animation.

I can't imagine anybody liking being cold.

brrr

Charlie

Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'weather'?
Snow here. We had a giant rain storm the last couple days, then iy turned cold tonight and started snowing. Balmy eh? That'd be nice for a few days.
As for the Weather, well, remember these guys? http://www.lib.uconn.edu/~eembardo/voices/revolution.htm
Maybe they were onto something....
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

My sister emailed me today and said they have snow. She is in PA.

In the 50's here today but it's staying pretty cold at night. I want summer back again myself!!!!

Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EEEEEHHHHHHKKKKKK! last i checked this morning it was 14* here in southeast iowa

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Loribelle, I would have to grow wings and fly south for the winter!
Magdalena
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6096

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Magdalena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On December 9th at 9:00PM it was 75 degrees and very muggy like a spring night. Trees that were supposed to lose their leaves in November are leafing out with spring green and are very confused.

Tonight, less than a week later, we are supposed to have temps in the teens.

Now, that is cold for this part of the world.

Posts: 400 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Magdalena,

You must be somewhere around my part of the world.

Cindy

3greatkids
Member # 3838

Oh Baby,it's cold outside!

SBM...hit the store,stock up now.they are calling for snow,maybe.

If we wait,there will be no bread,no milk...hurry go !Just teasin...that's how crazy we get with the slight mention of snow.CRAZY

Mo
Member # 2863

It be cold here in the Northeast.

The oils prices skyrocketed, and we were so caught up in all else we do, we forgot to lock in.

SOOOoooo..keeping the thermostat down we burn wood constantly (got lots of it here on our wooded land acres, just from already felled trees)..but somebody has to chop it early enough for seasoning ..
Great excercize,
but I'm scary with an ax

So..thermostats down to 60*, and a fire going all day and night. My son walks by the thermostat and turns it up..and I soon follow to dial it back down. We're fine with a good roaring fire in the family area, and a ceiling fan on reverse. The whole lower part of the house is room temp on my fire watch, noone is suffering..

The dog stays by the fire for three months straight.

75* and balmy?? Where the heck do you live??

3Great, that's funny. Sounds like a few flakes sends everybody running for supplies

If we reacted that way to snow we'd be running to the store in a panic every other day.

The only thing that instills a panic here is talk of one of those blizzards that can set you back a week..like..can't drive the car out to the store in three feet of snow type situations..

I remember even when living in the city that never stops, a couple of blizzards where the cars on the street were completely covered in snow.

Then I visited Ottowa, and they live with many feet of snow through the winter quite well. It's typical to have these mountains of snow banks to climb over on the sidewalks..like tunnels..and all the women have these fabulous swede boots, knee high with laces..just for trecking around.

Come for a visit! Kids get off school, and we can make a snownman

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 16 December 2004).]

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
15*F degrees in PA where iam at on 12/16/04 8:43am.
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Mo,I'm packing my bags.I really like snow,grew up with it.When it snows here our house turns into grand central!We live next to the park with the super hill!

It is fun,we see kids that go to different schools now(mini Reunuion),and the house is like a home base for them all.So I really must have the home fire burning,lots of hot coco and big pots of soup.

SBM!!!ALERT!!!!SNOW ON MONDAY!!

Get to the store now,before there is nothing left.HA

Stay warm MO,I use to stoke the ole wood stove,loved it,yes good work.We still do the fans,really helps.

No wonder our kids get sick,one week 70's and this week 40's,never a dull moment.

3greatkids
Member # 3838

SBM,are you OK? I hope so.

They are calling for a few flurries.cold ,cold,cloudy and in the 30s this am.

Here we go winter is here now.For the south that is.

Softballmom
Member # 6235

3greatkids,

I heard about the snow. My kids are excited. I am not. I am already wearing two layers of clothes in the house. Babs keeps me cold enouph without the snow.

I have a crisis, I am trying to help that boy with Bipolar that used to stay with me. It is a long story. Thats why I havn't been around. I will try to check in but untill things get squared away I won't be posting much.

Thanks for the concern.

Cindy

HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaplyCarlessdave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it got here. Not nearly as much as some of yopu midwesterners got, perhaps, but right now it's zero degrees and we have a few inches on the ground.
I skiied around the neighborhood. No crazy stuff; my wrist is bothering me, but it sure felt good to get out!
DaveS

Posts: 4567 | From ithaca, NY, usa | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Softballmom
Member # 6235

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Softballmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE HAVE SNOW!!! It is sticking too. My 5 year old asked me at 11:00 if she could get dressed and go outside and play.

She never sleeps. I think she is a vampire! hahahahaha Luckily there is no school tomorrow.

And I was not one of the ones flooding the grocery store this weekend. We have a country store up the road open 24/7 no matter what the weather and we have a 4 wheel drive. Not that I expect we will get alot tonight but I am never one of those that get in that mad rush.

For those of you that think we are nuts. In our area we don't see alot of snow, so when we do, we don't have alot of plows and salt and alot people don't know how to drive on snow covered roads but incist on trying. I live in the country on roads that never see plows and we have drivers out here that can't drive on pavement much less snow!!

[This message has been edited by Softballmom (edited 19 December 2004).]

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
minus 2 12/20/04 8am.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

So you got our snow SBM. I bet your kiddies are excitied.

Yes,any trace of snow brings out shear and utter delight that is taken to a new level for sure!
Have fun,throw a snowball for me!

It is cold went down into the teens.

Look at the very first post 70 degrees on the 8th and today SNOW! That is crazy.

Tree...BRRRRRRRR!

My big fluffy dog loves this weather and was up all night wanting to be out in it,but barking was too much and I love my neighbors.Anyone want a big furry friend,just kidding.SBM,I'll send her to you,she loves the snow.

Have Fun.

[This message has been edited by 3greatkids (edited 20 December 2004).]

HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

quote:
Originally posted by treepatrol:
minus 2 12/20/04 8am.
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Well, at 1:00 we finally passed you- it's gotten UP TO -1, in the middle of the afternoon. I have a fire going....
Maybe I'll get out skiing later, but I'll have to "bundle up"!

charlie
Member # 25

12/20/04 1;30 PM....

70 degrees, cloudless sky, SW breeze....

Please don't throw anything at me

Mo
Member # 2863

You better watch it, Chuck...

I happen to have a big 'ol log for the fire right here..

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 20 December 2004).]

HaplyCarlessdave
Member # 413

Well, its still icebox city tonight!
Right now its between 5 and 10 BELOW ZERO, and closer to 10 below, on the fahrenheit scale..... But it doesn't feel as cold since there's not much wind. You feel it freeze your nose, though.
The wind will crank around from the south so it will start to get warmer tomorrow. Stay warm, everyone!
DS

Softballmom
Member # 6235

OK does the cold have any ill effects on Lyme cuz when I walked out yesterday in the low 20's and the wind hit me my vision went bad, my legs didn't want to move I felt sharp pains fly through my body.

Tree if I had to live in -2 yall would have to just dig a hole and burry me!

3greatkids, didn't get enouph for snow balls this time. Didn't bother me but the kids were disapointed.

Charlie, KISS MY GRITS!

LORD HELP MY SPELLING!! I hope many people didn't see all that. I had a horrible day filled with herxing yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Softballmom (edited 21 December 2004).]

3greatkids
Member # 3838

Saw the pictures from DOWN EAST,the snow is beautiful.First town on the news was Winterville!

Cold but warming and then back to more cold.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement