LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » What ahppened to our prayer warriors???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What ahppened to our prayer warriors???
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 6 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, where is everyone????
Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Sad but true that the busyness of Christmas has created a lack of prayer & devotion time for me. I promise every year the same resolution to be more committed and every year I fail.

This year we had the joy of an unexpected puppy to come in to our home; it has been pandemonium at the least.

If ever we need to circle the prayer wagons though, it surely is right now with the devastating events in Thailand, Indonesia and surrounding Islands with this catastrophic flooding, loss of human life. Those barely surviving without the essentials need our prayers for relief to come.

Lord God above, we ask in your Holy name to send that urgent relief of water, money, food, shelter, clothing and all else that will bring a sense of security. We ask for strength for all the aide workers and organizations trying to organize the relief; give abundant wisdom for those responsible for distributing the goods and setting up shelters out of the elements.

Comfort the people who have lost family and loved ones. Send forth in fullness of your glory and power the all sufficient Spirit of life to restore the broken hearts, creating hope where all looks hopeless.

You are the great I AM, THE ROCK and FORTRESS. Send your people as ambassadors to bring your truth, your love, and deeds of compassion and good works, so that , you will be glorified and those stricken by such a cruel fate shall be healed! amen

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

i'm here rev...i have to give thank's,for these two pom's(senior dog's) .they help me through those hard day's..and strenght to give them a safe home....angel's on my shoulder...hobokin? lived in elizabeth n.j ,in the 60's and 70's...bless you too rev....happy new year,,gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for weeza3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAPPY 2005 PEOPLE OF PRAYER!!

New Year's Prayer

O God, our heavenly Father, it is with great gratitude that we, as your people, count the blessings and the tender mercies You have showered upon us this past year. Let us each in our own hearts acknowledge what you have done for us this past year and acknowledge that You will care for us throughout this new year. Because of Your sovereign, steadfast love I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus my Lord.

* You have sustained me in adversity.
* You have comforted me in trials.
* You have offered Your gracious hand when I stumbled.
* You have encouraged my spirit when I was downcast.
* You have been my ever-present Friend, Strength,
* Rock, Refuge, Defender, Advocate and Helper.

As I look to the coming year, I do so with an unwavering trust in You and Your promises. Whatever Your sovereign providence has planned for me in the days ahead, I am assured of Your infinite goodness, love and wisdom.

May the refrain of my song in this new year resound with this sure word: For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we may boldly say: 'The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

In the name of Christ my Lord I offer this prayer
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A lovely prayer & praise to share written by someone else.

Posts: 701 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if any of you would, i would certainly appreciate any and all prayers to include my son who is on his way to iraq now.

he is either in kuwait now or still on a plane and will be going on to iraq in a couple of weeks. his batallion plans to be there a year or 18 months. long time

i know that many of you keep our military men and women in your prayers.... his name is chad, a good son and kind spirit.

thanks, lori

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
prayer's will be said ,lori..my son also serve's.(navy) he is where they are helping those poor folk's from the tidal wave ....he serve's on the air craftcarrier lincoln..i know your heart.pride and worry...bless you also,a fine young man you raised..hold your head high. ,gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, please put a hedge of protection around our friends, family and countrymen in the armed forces. if they don't know you, Lord, please speak to them. Give them the instinct to seek you out -- cause they will need You over there. Draw close to our guys overseas in the name of your Son.... Give them peace while serving. Thank you....
Posts: 462 | From Newnan, GA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loribelle
Member # 6293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loribelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you gary... your son is in my prayers as well.

both are terrible places to be i am sure. i can not even imagine the heartache and despair our sons will witness. God Bless your son, and you too.

that was beautiful hobokinite.

i am thankful for this post... lori

Posts: 1149 | From southeast iowa | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen to all of the beautiful prayers above....I am always praying..even if I don't post it here.
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil M Martin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil M Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still pray, too. '
nm

Posts: 697 | From Tucson, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lookin4answers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4974

Icon 10 posted      Profile for lookin4answers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Hobo and others!

Happy New Year!! As I see for a few of you this year is going to be somewhat more challenging than last with your loved ones overseas.

I have to tell you that my hubby should be home sometime in March. I have lots to do before his return!!

I keep all Military and Aid workers in my prayers along with loved ones.
Just remember who is in control, and worry is wasted energy.

I can say that with ease only because God has blessed me with the gift of "no worry"!
(tell that to my grandmother!)

This too shall pass.... this long year has gone by fairly quickly I must say, but ofcourse I have two young ones at home.

Staying the course of praying....glad to see you all still here doing what we must do.

Take care all,
Amanda

Posts: 688 | From SW Arkansas | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobokinite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6132

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hobokinite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, sorry that our faith is some days tested. I know in my head that you hear us always. Just need to know now in my heart. Please, Lord, increase our faith. Help us know for sure that we will beat this thing through your divine help. We seek the Healer not only for the healing but for a relatiosnhip. Help us get closer -- even with symptoms screaming.
Michael

[This message has been edited by hobokinite (edited 05 January 2005).]

weeza3
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6071

Michael, That prayer spoke to the heart of being sick.
Yes, we hate how it can make us feel, taking potent medicines that make us wonder if the cure isn't worse than the actual illness,
and wonder how can you be glorified while we are so inactive physically and mentally?

But....it is all about a relationship with you, as Michael expressed. Sometimes I even think you see our infimities as the only open door to get our undivided attention. Then, you have a captive audience and as we are forced to be still; we remember that most important ingredient to knowing you; and that would be , our "Time"

May we use our circumstance to grow in grace and wisdom to be able to praise you and even thank you for what we learn in our sickness.
As the apostle Paul would say when he asked 3 times to have his infirmity removed, yet he had the wisdom to say that your strenghth and power were being perfected in his weakness. You were working your purposes in spite of his obstacles be they physical or material.

Help us all by your Spirit's revelation to have fhe faith to believe" that all things work together for your good will " and you never leave us or forsake your beloved children and for that alone we offer our praise.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement