LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » My new Homepage Hyperbarics

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My new Homepage Hyperbarics
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I now have a home page.
http://hometown.aol.com/boejr/myhomepage/business.html

This projects has taken me awhile to complete and as you can see I am almost done so if there is anyone interested in discussing their experiences with hyperbarics please e-me.

I am currently trying to confirm whether or not Babesia is or is not treatable at greater depths. So if you have any links send them to me.

Be well and stay safe,

Boejr

[This message has been edited by BOEJR (edited 29 April 2005).]

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, my understanding is that's Bab's might like the oxygen, so you better be careful to make sure you know if you've got it. Maybe high enough pressure could kill it though.

I've done 45 dives in a very small multi-chamber. I go down to 2.4 ATA for 60 minutes (total 90 minutes, 15 down, 15 up). They also have a mono like yours and they can't safely take you down past 2.0 ATA. It's also more expensive because more oxygen is needed to fill the mono. So for those reasons I use the multi and am in there by myself.

Have you ever heard of a Lyme patient doing a US Navy Dive #4 where they take you down something like 110 feet and you stay in there for 12 hours? Some people say that it cured them when other HBOT didn't.

Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi 24,

Thank you for the response. The reason why I am so interested in finding out is because when I took my certification I posed the question and was told that aerobic bacteria would flourish under atmospheres of 1.5 but at greater atmospheres it would not survive.

I heard somewhere that there was a study done on "aerobic" forms of bacteria and how they respond under pressure. So I would like to get a hold of it. If you come across it I will be gratful if you send it to me.

As to Navy dive table 4, I did not believe it to be as popular any longer. I could be wrong but I believe the currents standards use 5,6, 6a etc for (repetative dives).

I don't know of anyone being treated for that length of time either. I will look into it. However it does not seem commercially viable now that at best most people can not afford to pay for the cost of HBO as it stands.

The use of table 4 would mean that you would have to have this treatment given at a hospital or naval base that is equiped with the personel and chamber that could handle the repetative dive sequence.

Perhaps this is something being researched?

Regards,

Boejr

[This message has been edited by BOEJR (edited 30 April 2005).]

Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 24bit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was someone on the board here that claims to have been cured with the #4 dive. It's not very expensive because it doesn't require much oxygen....and you have oxygen toxicity very quickly at that depth if you breathed in the amount at 2.4 ATA. I talked to my Hyperbaric place and they were willing to consider it. You just stay down at around 110 feet for 12 hours straight. No coming up at all, I guess you pee in a jar and have to hold the #2. That would be hard to do. You could have your cell phone in there I suppose because there wouldn't be any concentrated oxygen, just normal ambient mixture. The pressure is the key to killing the bugs on this type of long dive. I might be willing to try it on a Saturday. I would bet it would only cost about $1,000.
Posts: 600 | From Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

Yeah I've seen the studies somewhere. I'll copy it next time I come across it.
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again,

I guess that if you are stable enough to tolerate dive table 4 it is an option. However I would be reluctant to take this "plung" (pun) on a Saturday now that with any hyperbaric treatment you should be able to reenter the chamber in case of a sudden AGE.
http://www.vnh.org/FSManual/01/09BubbleRelatedDisease.html

I found this article interesting hoever it does limit the use of dive table 4.

regards,

Boejr

24bit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6531

I'll take some time and read that article slowly. I'm 40 by the way and regular HBOT didn't bother me so I should be OK.
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 10 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COOL!

I'm 48 and it hasn't bothered me a bit either. However I have had ear problems related to sinus congestion. I consider it minor and it is not uncommon either.

boejr

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement