LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Why did the chicken cross the road? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I c our story has crossed over to page 3.

The menagerie wants to offer special thanks to Kam, their winter Olympics sponsor, who had the foresight to send them all there.

All are tired right now from all the Vancouver partying. And trying to stay out of the way of all the exuberant human hockey fans. After a few days of rest, they will decide where they wish to go next.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, "Mobylimic"--that is too funny on many levels.

Second thought, that's not funny at all [Wink]

Seriously, Lymetoo and gotta add ours truly Robin123--creative geniuses at work! [woohoo]

--"maybe it was time to laugh a little about all the craziness" was the last thought Mr. Hunter remembered before dozing off, then the dream began.

THAT GROUP was gathered around him chanting,

"Laugh a little, laugh a lot, it will keep you sane in the days, if not years, ahead."

And in that place between fully awake and fully asleep he

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
asked the menagerie, "I really shouldn't tell you who I am and what I do, but how do I know you all?"

The chicken said,

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

"You will have many roads to cross."

And then the hunter woke up. What did THAT mean?

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take the road less traveled?? I heard it made all the difference....at least for one chicken.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seemed like a strange saying to wake up to, "Take the road less traveled??? I heard it made all the difference...atleast for one chicken" and Mr. Hunter pondered what it could mean.

Then thought, "Oh, yeah, I remember taking that class a few years back, "Dreams and their interpretations." I got to dig out that book.

Where did I put it anyway? Hmmm. With that he got up and

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

continued mumbling, "You will have many roads to cross." Then thought, "Surely there is some hidden meaning. I don't understand the way I've been feeling lately. It is so bizarre, so strange. I'm just not myself lately.

Now where did I put that book and my notes? My memory seems to be going and I ... "

Robin123
Member # 9197

"I think I could use a drink."

The hunter went into the kitchen but couldn't remember where he kept the beer. He stood there, then sat down at the table to munch on an apple there.

He put his head in his hands. Just then the phone rang. Now, where is that phone, he wondered. Locating it in the other room, he grabbed it and said, "Hello, who's calling?"

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

"Who's calling?"

"Hunt, it's me Joe. Glad ya back in town man, missed hanging out. Hey, hey, hey March Madness in the air. Tomorrow night official picks, and I was hoping we could get together Tuesday and watch some BB? What do you think?"

"Joe? Umm, uhh, what did you say, 'Official ticks? Madness?'" Then Hunt thought to himself, "How did he know about this madness I've been going through this month?"

"Hunt you there? You don't sound too good? You ok? Or you got a touch ...

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that it's March. Don't you guys think that chicken needs to participate in March Madness and NCAA basketball?

After all it did the olympics.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

"Maybe a touch of some strange virus," mumbled Hunt, "but I'd like to join you for a little preview watching. How about not in a bar this year, but my place? It'll be a little quieter."

"Hunt, you don't sound like your old rowdy self. Remember how wild we were last year?" Joe felt concerned about the change in his friend.

Our menagerie had rested up after their Olympic feats, and had crossed many roads back into the states. They weren't sure where they were exactly; they knew they were somewhere in the northwest.

They all decided they'd like to have their own go of it during March Madness, each in their own way, of course.

The raccoon moseyed out a basketball from a nearby field.

Herman Duckville and Captain Ahab quacked up watching their raccoon friend try to bounce it. "You're not supposed to roll it!" they exclaimed. "Watch us!" as they tossed it back and forth with their bills.

Our chicken and rooster didn't know what to make of such a large object and opted for peck-dribbling of small pebbles, the goal being to get them to the other side of the road they were near. They called it pebbling. It was a new answer to why they were crossing the road this week.

The white-footed mouse was still proudly carting its Olympic Golden Cheese award along - which was shrinking gradually, of course, after each mealtime snacking.

The cheese crumbs were easy to bounce along. It might even be able to challenge the chicken and rooster in their own menagerie March Madness madcap play-off...

Our armadillo and Ermadillo met a new armadillo friend, Pamadillo. She had the latest version of the 1131 Pam-korder with her, so the three of them began to map out an area for recording the antics of their crew.

This was all too much for the possums. They did NOT have this kind of energy. "We're going to be couch potato-possums!" they exclaimed, as they dropped to the ground, demonstrating their best couch potato-possum physique.

And Moby Tick and his friends? They had feasted very well in Vancouver! They reconvened on their favorite US mo'gull which flew them back to be with their friends. They had their own ideas for what to do for March Madness...

[ 03-14-2010, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Robin123, Couldn't wait to read your post. You sure have the right name--"Round Robin, Robin123"--ENJOYED YOUR READ TODAY!!!! How fun and funny. I got my endorphin fix. [lol]
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx, Daisy!! You know, the hunter just overheard you and he doesn't know what to make of it! An astounding auditory hallucination, don't you think? He doesn't know he's a character in a story. What shall we do about this?
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

"Last year was fun, Joe, I look forward to getting together, later man". Hunt hung up the phone.

My dreams sure been weird lately, nothing like I used to dream about (used to enjoy 'em!!). Now it's raccoons, ducks, mice, chickens and roosters, other critters and all those ticks.

Huh? What? I could of swore I heard a voice in my head, something about robins and daisies, get your endorphin fix? Crazy. I'm going crazzzzeee. It IS Madness!!!! And I feel like someone is watching me and writing about my every move. It all started right after that last hunting trip.

Been staying away from my computer as my eyes been bothering me so much; but, maybe "google" can help me out.

Slowly Hunt walked over to his desk and sat down. He rubbed his eyes and thought about what to type. OK, so ummmm...

www.google.com

the window appeared and he began

rash
flu
headache
pain
blurry vision
tired
confused

he hit the "enter" button and waited...

Robin123
Member # 9197

Ummmm - rash flu headache pain blurry vision tired confused -

and the answers were:

lupus lyme headache and brain tumor

Hunt didn't know much about the first two - really didn't know what they meant, and a headache's a headache, he thought, but whoa - wait a minute - brain tumor - now THAT sounded scary -

after all, his brain WAS playing tricks on him, what with hearing conversations he wasn't even a part of - maybe he ought to check in with the nearest hospital on that one.

But first, realizing that today was St Pat's day, he thought he'd go meet Joe somewhere on Plum Island and douse his recent troubles in some green beer...

Our menagerie in the Northwest also thought they'd party a little - after all, they could possibly find some beer spilled by all those humans they'd come to respect for all their impressive partying ways -

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was that lyme green beer?

Watch out for ticks/vector in Plum Island, the place where our he!! began. IMO

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Everyone enjoyed their lyme green beer, altho Joe noticed his friend was visibly more tired than he remembered him. Joe agreed with Hunt that he ought to go to the hospital soon and get things checked out, maybe get an MRI done.

Let's put it this way - some drunken humans caught sight of some drunken animals and howled at the sight of the tipsy armadillos and raccoon lurching between some piles of tossed-out extra corned-beef - or was it just THEIR beer? No one could tell for sure -

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

but everyone was happy, VERY HAPPY, for the moment--laughing, hooting and howling it up.

Who would ever guessed that...

[ 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: daisyrlb ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

the ticks had arrived on the scene...watch out March Madness - have we got a madness for you in store -

Tick play-offs began - The object was to score the most human bites within the alloted bite time. The most successful tick teams would advance...

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And some of the opossums made it to the East Coast and met up with, of all things some skunk friends. Later, they went in many different directions but most were not successful crossing the roads. May they rest in peace. Perhaps their friends, while celebrating March Madness will have a moment of reflection for them.
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

There were many ticks that did not make it either--much to the delight of posters on Lymenet Flash. No moment of reflection is planned for the ticks.

According to "Know The Enemy" thread started by 17Hens...

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/24239#000015

"A good way to keep ticks in check is by having
guinea hens,
ducks, and
chickens

(in that order)

as they have a remarkable effect in the reduction of ticks. It's like having a little tick killing army!!"

Furthermore the thread reads:

"Did you know opossums kill about 2000 ticks a day? They swallow them as they groom themselves. And their stomach acid is strong enough to kill even the toughest ticks!"

And that raises the question of--whom is feasting off of whom?

In the meantime, March Madness continues with...

TxCoord
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9204

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxCoord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do Cajuns call armadillos?

Possum on the half shell.

How many Cajuns does it take to eat a possum?

Two, one to eat the possum, one to direct traffic around him.

How many marines does it take to change a light bulb?

None. Marines ain't afraid of the dark!

--------------------
I have a good time wherever I go!

Posts: 665 | From Lost Wages, NV | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Daisy has brought up the very reason WHY our ticks do not conduct their March Madness games within sight of the menagery, or any menagery except for small critters, humans and their pets.

And what use did our Cajun friends devise for opossum roadkill? Why, harvesting their stomach acid for killing ticks! One to harvest, the other to direct traffic kind of thing. Thus possums that did not make it became martyrs for a cause, lymemomtoo -

Our ticks were ready for their first go-round: Moby Tick, Who Dat, Who Me, Who Me, Eh? and Who Me? Sorry (those last two were newfound Canadian tick friends) battled with

Bite U, Got U, On U, Infecting U and Poor U

They got a point if the target was close. Two points for middle distance. And three points for far away.

The clock was ticking, and each side did their best to find all the scrumptious creatures they could.

Poor U bit the dust when he got groomed. With one member downed, Moby Tick's team advanced to the regionals. They might need the help of a flying friend again to get there. Or then again, maybe call in the Marines...

Robin123
Member # 9197

March Madness Am-in-als report

Our raccoon played against a local raccoon, the object being to dump the basketball into the trash as often as possible, AND to go trashing at the same time.

Our raccoon was a pretty experienced traveler by this time, and had no problem deftly pawing the ball in the trash nor in delighting in the items he found there. So he would advance.

Herman Duckville and Captain Ahab were up for the challenge - after all, they were Olympian quick-quackers! They excelled at giving each other quick quacks about how to pass the ball, and they too fit the bill for ducking successfully around their opponents.

Our rooster and chicken had practiced their newfound sport of pebbling, which consisted of peck-dribbling small pebbles across the road when it wasn't occupied by some gargantuan roaring alien metal machines.

Fowls were called many times on the chickens for bumping into each another while trying to cross the road while pebbling.

But once again, our pair did well since they had benefitted from all their national and international road crossings.

The mouse's Golden Cheese basketball did shrink some more during the tournament, as it leaked crumbs all over the field. The mouse still had enough of it remaining though to continue on.

Our three armadillos pam-korded as many of the events as they could.

The possums, well, they were couch-potato possums and followed the brackets for the various menagery competitions.

"We guessed right!" they exclaimed. "We're all experienced travelers, we know how to make it through any hoops now, and we're all advancing to the regionals!"

And they lay back in delight, contemplating another watchful week...

Meanwhile, Hunt had gotten together with his friend to watch some of the games. But he had a hard time following the speedy action of the ball and remembering which teams were winning.

He asked his friend, "Have you ever had any strange fatigue or difficulty following events at all?"

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

[dizzy] [Smile] [Big Grin] [lol] [lol] [lol]
Robin123
Member # 9197

Hunt wondered why his friend laughed so hard ( [dizzy] [Smile] [Big Grin] [lol] [lol] [lol] ) when Hunt garbled his words, saying stuff like the doubleA NC and March Madcaps and bracketball - yes, he even said that when he meant to say basketball.

Didn't his friend understand he might have a brain tumor?? Hunt had already gone ahead and made an appointment with a neurologist.

Oh, and just in case any of you remember our cranes, they are still in the New Orleans area, and they too are March Madness fans. They discovered a bar with high sight lines and have been perching so that they crane their necks at just the right angle to catch some of the action.

They especially enjoyed any games with scoring running neck and neck.

They mused about it all a little, thinking that if cranes were to play the game, it would be a slam dunk. Human basketball would not be a challenging crane game. Maybe that's why there were no organized March Crane Madness games.

Ima Crane said to Mr Crane, "Don't you just love these humans for all their wonderful sports?! The SuperBowl, where we met; the winter Olympics, which, granted, we didn't get to but we know the human species enjoyed, and now March Madness. What next with this species?"

Mr Crane replied, "Well, Ima, if we had been able to get to the Olympics, I'm a certain you and I would have outstood any other crane pair there!"

Ima queried, "You mean like any standing leagues for the sport even?"

Mr Crane confirmed her comment. And they went back to craning their necks to catch some more semifinals action.

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have mad writing skillz, Robin. [Big Grin]
Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

quote:
Originally posted by Topaz:
You have mad writing skillz, Robin. [Big Grin]

Topaz, you got that right!! I look forward to reading this thread and seeing the brilliance "ours truly Robin123" has up her sleeve to share with us next.

As always, I am delighted and [lol] [lol] [lol]

What an imagination you got Robin. [bow]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Strange voices going through his head,
Our hunter 'mongst the daisies(rlb)* -
"I keep hearing mumble jumble -
Have I got the crazies?

I must be going mad these daise
I feel like such a spaz -
'Mad writing skillz, az I wuz sayin' -
from someone named Topaz?!"

*daisies(rlb) - tickipedia: to be in the daisies(rlb) is a colloquial phrase for "Real Live Bait"; tick repellent advised.

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Topaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[lol]
Posts: 423 | From Upstate NY | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

*daisies(rlb) - tickipedia: to be in the daisies(rlb) is a colloquial phrase for "Real Live Bait";

tick repellent advised

OR Au Natural Musk of Opossum Stowmuk Juus [loco] [lol] [spinning smile] [shake]
Never leave home without ick!

Topaz is a special, precious gem,
The most precious bird is the Robem,
(ok, give me a break Robin123 [Big Grin] )
The Daisy is very precious on a stem,
Also are TxCoord, Lymemomtoo, map1131, and kam...

Hunt heard the words over, and over, again.

My friend, "Help, did you hear what THEY said?"
Where are you, please, lead me to my bed.
Hello, anyone out there? Where is Fred?
What's going on, oh no, this I dread!!

Hunt...

Robin123
Member # 9197

heard this next:

Ogden Nashed his teeth a bit -
"Tom Lehrer", he said, "You there?"
"No, I'm visiting Lewis Carroll,
And Alice and her hare.

We're in a hole today, you see,
And reading Dr Seuss..."
"HELP!!" our hunter cried,
"My mind is getting loose!"

Then he...

Robin123
Member # 9197

quote:
Originally posted by daisyrlb:
*daisies(rlb) - tickipedia: to be in the daisies(rlb) is a colloquial phrase for "Real Live Bait";

tick repellent advised

OR Au Natural Musk of Opossum Stowmuk Juus [loco] [lol] [spinning smile] [shake]
Never leave home without ick!

(ok, give me a break Robin123 [Big Grin] )

Ok, Daisyrlb, I'll give you a break! It's just that the hunter ended up in the field.

Daisy(rlb) - tickipedia - to be a daisy(rlb) means to flower with Really Live Banter.

Do you like that, or can you come up with something more to your liking? [Big Grin]

You may have just come up with an ad for our new opossum tick repellent - au, au, au! [lol]

[ 03-29-2010, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Then he...

had to wait as one of his chroniclers decided it was time to print the first MOBY TICKIPEDIA,

with an explanation of many of the terms and characters, with appearance courtesies, in what was supposed to be about the chicken crossing the road,

but kinda digressed in an unforeseen manner...(thx, or sorry, Lymetoo!!)

************THE FIRST MOBY TICKIPEDIA*************

ADVENTURES OF MOBY TICK, THE (AMT) - an ongoing online Lymenetters round-robin romp of a tale about a tick named Moby, his many tick friends and animal acquaintances, plus one still clueless infected hunter named Hunt and his human acquaintances.

AM-IN-ALS - Our menagery in this ongoing tale. Courtesy of Just Don!!

AM-IN-ALS' PICS - Images of our various menagery members. Thanks to Carol in PA and Kam!!

AU NATURAL MUSK OF OPOSSUM STOWMOK JUUS (DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT ICK!) - new tick repellent slogan; a really nice way of trying to get folks used to the idea that opossum stomach acid can kill ticks, if anyone wants to pick up on this probably as-yet unexploited tick repellent. Courtesy of sponsor Daisyrlb!!

(However, caution advised: to be procured only from possums that didn't make it across the road, as we will not permit any possums to be intentionally harmed in the making of this product)

CHARACTERS (SO FAR) IN THE ADVENTURES OF MOBY TICK:

AFQUACK - winter Olympics snowboarding duck media star. Courtesy of NBC Sports!! And Robin123!!

ARMADILLO - an original member of the animal menagery who learned from the initial chicken how to cross the road. Courtesy of daisyrlb!!

BOB BIRDIN - Chicken, McNugget's chicken friend, who's escaping along with his friend from factory confines to potentially connect with baseball season somewhere... Courtesy of Robin123!! And Chicken thread originator, Bob Burton!!

CANADIAN GIRLY GOOSE - made a brief appearance on the ice at the winter Olympics, but stomped off in a huff and hasn't been heard from since. Courtesy of Sk8ter!!

CAPTAIN AHAB - duck who originally had a cold (Ahab a cold); captain of the duck quick-quacking team, together with Herman Duckville, at the winter Olympics. Courtesy of Robin123!!

CHICKEN - the road-crossing menagery member who started it all. Thx to sponsor Lymetoo!! And our eternal thx to Bob Burton, who road the original chicken sketch!!

CHICKEN, DANCING - http://www.youtube.com/Watch?v=PWbEYkYNT_Y Courtesy of Kam in honor of TC!!

CHICKEN MCNUGGET - still waiting to escape from his factory confines so he too can cross the road and go on adventures. Courtesy of Robin123!! (Update 4/14/10: oh wait - he's getting out. Watch for frequent tickipedia editing...)

CHICKEN, THAT OLE - A chicken that realizes its potential mate may be on the other side of the road. Courtesy of Randibear!!

CHICKEN, THAT OLE, take 2 - Any chicken who forgets what all that fuss was about. Courtesy of Just Don!!

DOCTORS - Hunt the hunter's doctors - GP, eye specialist, etc, who can't figure out what's wrong with him. Courtesy of several here!!

ERMADILLO - partner of Armadillo; met at the winter Olympics. Courtesy of Robin123!!

GREGORY PECK - The chickens' idol, who graciously gave them all chicken scratch autographs. Courtesy of Snailhead!!

HERMAN DUCKVILLE - duck, from Texas; transport for our ticks from the Superbowl to the winter Olympics. Olympian quick-quacking champion along with Captain Ahab. Courtesy of Rob

HOOPING CRANES - basketball naturals from Hoopapalooza U; put on a March Madness exhibition game at the Am-in-al Arena in Indianapolis. Courtesy of Robin123!!

HUNT - A still-clueless, infected hunter from Plum Island. Courtesy of Dekrator!! And Daisyrlb!!

HUNT'S GIRLFRIEND - Worried about his deteriorating health. Courtesy of Robin123!!

IMA CRANE - partner of Mr Crane; met at the Superbowl in New Orleans. Courtesy of Sutherngirl!!

JOE: Hunt's friend on Plum Island. Courtesy of daisyrlb!!

KWHAM - A wild turkey, newly arrived in the story. Recuperating here after a rough encounter with glass windows in a General Support post. May need glasses. Courtesy of Maddog!!

MAMA POSSUM - showed up in a pic with her brood, hooked up with Mr Possum. Courtesy of Daisyrlb and Carol in PA!!

MARINES: They won't change a lightbulb because they're not afraid of the dark. Courtesy of TXCoordinator!!

MOBY TICK: Our tick protagonist who escaped from Plum Island to have merry adventures crossing many roads with his many friends. He offers many thanks to his sponsor, Emla999, as well as his initiator, Robin123!!

MOUSE, WHITE-FOOTED - Early menagery companion. Winner of the winter Olympics Golden Cheese. Online photo. Courtesy of Carol in PA!!

MR. CRANE: transport for our ticks to the Superbowl. Courtesy of Sutherngirl!!

MR. POSSUM: original member of the menagery. Received Lymenetters' vote of confidence that he could indeed make it across the road. Otherwise, he'd only have been communicating with all from his iPos. Courtesy of Lymemomtoo!!

OFF-TOPIC/OFF-ROAD - The tale being moved from General Support to Off Topic. Courtesy of 6goofy!! Then Just Don!!

OLYMPICS AM-IN-AL COMPETITIONS - Tick Sprint, Mouse Dart, Raccoon Garbage Rummage, Armadillo Snow Waddle, Chicken Hop'NPeck, Possum Drop, Duck Quick Quack Pairs, Mo'Gulls (a flash event for gulls posted on Gullnet).

PAMADILLO - Armadillo, possessor of the 1131 Pam-Korder, used for rekording menagery March Madness sporting events. Thx to map1131 (Pam) for sponsoring the menagery's March Madness adventures!! Courtesy of Robin123!!

POLITICKS - Some ticks at the winter Olympics, with an agenda. Courtesy of Sk8ter!!

POSSUMS - Mr Possum, Mama Possum and Baby Possums (with online photo; baby possums are winter Olympics Snowpuff champs, March Madness couch-potato possums and baseball season bases);

also Cajun possums, possum on the half-shell, possums who didn't make it across the road (this entry is made in their memory). Courtesy of several here!!

PEBBLING - The chicken's March Madness sport of peck-dribbling pebbles across the road when safe to do so.

QUICK-QUACK DUCKS - Competitors in the duck quick-quack competition at the winter Olympics. French ducks, Chinese ducks, First Nations Duck, Canadian Duck, The Dux,

Captain Ahab, Herman Duckville, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Rubber Ducky, Gary Larson Duck, Hanging Duck, Upside-down Hanging Duck, etc. Courtesy of Robin 123!!

RACCOON - Original menagery member. Courtesy of Robin123!!

ROOSTER - Menagery member. Crosses roads with our Chicken. Courtesy of Just Don!!

ROUND ROBIN 123 - chief initiator of the round robin AMT tale. Couldn't do this without y'all!! [group hug]

SUZY SWAN (Russian, from Swan Lake) - made a brief entrance at the winter Olympics. Maybe she'll be back in four years... Courtesy of Sk8ter!!

TICKS - Allova the place...

... - the original ticks, comprised of Moby and two tick friends. Courtesy of Robin123!!

U TICKS - defeated tick team in the menagery March Madness first tick play-offs. Bite U, Got U, Infected U, On U and Poor U (may he rest in pieces).

VALENTICK'S DAY - February 14 at the winter Olympics with the ticks (love at first bite) and the rest of the am-in-als.

WAITRESS - tries to befriend Hunt. Courtesy of Dekrator and Daisyrlb!!

WHO ME - tick from New Orleans. Courtesy of Robin123!!

WHO DAT - tick from New Orleans. Courtesy of Sutherngirl!!

WHO ME, EH? - Canadian tick from the winter Olympics. Courtesy of Robin123!!

WHO ME, SORRY - Canadian tick from the winter Olympics. Courtesy of Robin123!!

(cont'd MOBY TICKIPEDIA entries)

CROSSING THE ROAD - to travel on foot, paw, footpads, tiny little legs, via wings. And yes, ticks do cross state lines, and sometimes international ones too. Thanks to our sponsor, Lymetoo!! (Little did she know...

Bill Clinton: I did not have anything to do with this group!)

DAISY(RLB) - to flower with Real Live Banter. (Definition might be subject to change. We await a confirmation from our sponsor)(Update: accepted!)

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS - where Lymetoo and her husband stay sometimes, also where our duck pair enjoyed a swim in their outdoor pool. Courtesy of Lymetoo!!

IXODES AZURICUS - possibly a newly discovered tick species, if no one else has ever reported such; characterized by a blue-colored exoskeleton. Courtesy of Robin123!!

KAM-KORDER - Rekorder of the winter Olympics, courtesy of Kam, the menagery winter Olympics sponsor!!

MENAGERY - an open, free-flowing group of bipeds, 4-footeds, 6-footeds and 8-footeds who cross roads together in The Adventures of Moby Tick.

MOBYLIMIA (also the condition of being Mobylimic) - the practice of tick regurgitation at the winter Olympics in order for the ticks to enjoy as many Olympic visitors as possible.

1131PAMKORDER- Official pamkorder of the menagery March Madness am-in-al hoop-la, in honor of their sponsor, map1131 (Pam)!!

TICK ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME - tick baseball song, with a couple verses. Courtesy of Kam and Robin 123!!

TOO MUCH FUN, HAVING - what Lymenetters partecipating in the AMT round robin tick tale might get accused of. Sometimes accompanied by a [lol]

TOPAZ: the practice of substituting z'z for s's at the endz of wordz. Courtesy of Topaz!!

TRIP SPONSORS: Escape from Plum Island (Emla999); trip to the Superbowl (Dekrator); trip to the Vancouver winter Olympics (Kam); March Madness (Daisyrlb and map1131); and now, spring baseball season (lymemomtoo). Thx, all, for taking this tale where no tale has gone before...!!

(NOTE: If there is any Lymenetter participant who would like an entry here regarding their partecipation, or recalls a left-out character or vocabulary phrase, please let this chronicler know!! - Robin123)

Index Items -

The original question, re-asked in the 100th post, by Just Don, and answered by Lymetoo, the originator of this whole gosh darn thread that is now a whale of a tale:

Q. WHY DID THE CHICKEN CROSS THE ROAD?

A. WHAT CHICKEN? [confused]

Good question!! Good answer!! Thanks to sponsor Lymetoo!! Finally, enlightenment!! [bonk]

And in the 200th post, our thread sponsor Lymetoo let us know that the originator of the chicken thread, Bob Burton, passed away early April 2010 - reminding us to appreciate our humorists for the gift of laughter they continue to give to all -

[ 04-21-2010, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Finally, Hunt could
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Robin123 you have out done yourself--and that is really hard to do. [woohoo]

I enjoyed, to the fullest, every chuckle, every hearty laugh as I read the above. [lol]

You write, "DAISY(RLB) - to flower with real live banter. (Definition might be subject to change. We await a confirmation from our sponsor)."

Oh, yeah, I like that! Nothing like "REAL" and "LIVE", as for "BANTER" [Wink] . Anyway, Daisies are subject to change, only because they are very adaptable, they have to be. It is the way God made Daisies to help them adjust readily to the elements. [Big Grin]

Finally, Hunt could

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Finally, Hunt could be alone. In one way Hunt didn't want to be alone, but in another he was glad that Fred, errr, Joe had left. The head noises, those crazeee rymzzzze had calmed down. He decided to go outside.

He walked out back and into the open field, laid down on the grass, and looked up at the night sky. It was beautiful. Suddenly there was a flash of light, he turned just in time to watch a falling star as it made its way to the earth. "Haven't seen a falling star in such a long time."

Hunt continued staring at the sky for a long time. It was a beautiful moonlit night and the stars were twinkling overhead. It was so peaceful. "Peace--that's what I need, that's what I want" and he fell asleep.

Hunt slept all through the night. When he woke he was laying in a field of Daisies. There were Robins everywhere and they were chirping and singing, seemingly, in harmony. The sky was a beautiful blue topaz color.

Hunt wondered if he had died and gone to heaven.

He heard a noise behind him...

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

Ooh, the suspense.

*thumbs up*

Robin123
Member # 9197

...he looked around and realized he had woken up in a hunting safari field in Kenya full of African daisies, robins and topaz, and there was a monkey in suspenders sitting there with two thumbs up, laughing at him...

You gotta be kiddin' me if you thought I was gonna pass THIS date up!

Our raccoon decided he was tired of garbage rummaging and from now on would order pizza in -

The rooster and hen decided they were tired of pecking at everything in sight. Time for chicken IV drips.

The possums decided they would get up and boogie instead of dropping to the ground, and to prove it, they did the Possum Prance.

The armadillos decided they wanted to skateboard in order to travel a little faster down roads -

The white-footed mouse thought it would be nice to change its foot coloring to something more interesting and chose mauve for its first foray into foot fashion -

Herman Duck Duckville and Captain Ahab decided they wanted to fool chickens into thinking THEY were chickens crossing the road,

so last thing I saw them doing was practicing the chicken strut and quacking up over their attempts to fool a chicken -

Ima Crane and Mr Crane realized they were tired of standing and so joined a sit-down strike called for the day -

Greece made a special salutation for all its chickens that were crossing Rhodes today -

The ticks all kidded one another that they were giving up blood for the time being and water would be good enough.

Well, the pizza delivery never made it, so the famished raccoon ate everyone, but soon experienced a bad case of Mobylimia and regurgitated all, so we're all good to go for tomorrow!!

Robin123
Member # 9197

Tomorrow has arrived!

Announcing the addition of a new menagery member, a wild turkey named Kwham, courtesy of Maddog, who quickly nursed him back to health after he crashed through the windows of Maddog's A-frame.

Just Don says the turkey crossed the road, so he understands what this site is all about -

just be gentle with Kwham for a few days while he recovers. Thx.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Well, the menagery took a vote and decided they wanted to go to where the final March Madness action will be, in Indianapolis.

So the ticks boarded their duck friends and a few gulls who had gone to the Mo'Gulls Flash event in Vancouver, and they're on their way.

And being the champions from the Northwest region, they will play in the finals.

Our am-in-als are also enroute as well. They hopped aboard an empty trailer truck headed east. They are in champion brackets too and are practicing their best offense/defense techniques, whatever that means for each species.

Even the possums landed proudly in a bracket - for best couch-potato possums.

Our newest member, Kwham, the wild turkey, is recuperating from his encounter with the windows (still feeling like a basket case) and gobbling up news of past travel history and escapades of his comrades:

from Plum Island to the Superbowl to the Vancouver winter Olympics to the Northwest and now on to Indianapolis for March Madness showdowns.

So now they

Topaz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20216

LOL...I just love your play on words.
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

[lol] ...I'm with you Topaz.

(Robin playing Chopin, Daisy playing Chopsticks. Daisy having fun like a kid) [Big Grin]

Laughter does good like medicine. Just had another dose. [woohoo]

Robin123
Member # 9197

While enroute to Indianapolis, the menagery happened to hear about a March Madness tale of a different kind across the big sea, in a town near Stratford-On-Avon, called Play-On-Words.

This March Madness copy-cat game was comprised of international word team elimination rounds.

Results for the semi-finals, with Robin (very Brit-ish) playing Chopin (Polish/French team): the Polish/French Chopin team won with their most melodious word improvs.

The second semi-final pair play-off between Daisy (a small rural country team) and Chopsticks (representing China) resulted in a win by Daisy, with all kinds of countryside flower song lyrics.

We await the final match with Daisy playing Chopin! And we hope kids have fun watching, as they are always our next generation...

So, finally arriving in Indianapolis, our Northwestern region menagery champs made their way to the downtown canal area to wash up.

They were surprised to see the water with such a deep blue color! When they re-emerged from their baths, all had a slight blue tinge!

Armadillo, Ermadillo and Pamadillo now sported blue shells.

The white-footed mouse, now blue-footed, scampered around, giggling over its new foot fashion.

The possoms thought it all in fun to look like like light blue puffs for a change. They laughed at the raccoon's face mask, now blue.

Now, there WAS such a thing as blue-colored ducks, but blue CHICKENS? Whoever saw such a thing? Ha!

Kwham the wild turkey had rested up during the midwest truck transport and was starting to strut around a little.

He took a bob in the canal and when he re-emerged, his red wattle had turned purple! The others laughed.

He thought, this is a bit of an odd experience, but for now, I'll hang with this amusing flock. They sure seem to know how to party!

Then the am-in-als saw their first blue bulldog go by, and then their first blue human, with blue horns, and they thought - what another marvelous party city! Indianapobluis, here we come!

As the menagery made its way to the Am-in-al Arena, they gave passing blue bulldogs wide berth, since they had heard a thing or two about bulldogs and weren't about to test their host friendliness out, blue or not.

Now, Moby Tick and his friends, having been graciously transported by the ducks and a few Mo'gulls, blue into town, landing at Lucas Stadium for their prospective game fun.

They were excited by the idea of so many humans so close together again, just like at their previous human sporting events. They LOVED human games!

And Hunt, what had he been up to?

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hunt rubbed his eyes in disbelief, is this for real--a monkey staring at me with thumbs up?!

Am I actually in Kenya getting ready to join a hunting safari? I sure hope so!!!!

If this is a dream, I do not want to wake up.

Yahoooooo, ol' Hunt is going on the hunting expedition of a lifetime...

Robin123
Member # 9197

Our ticks had a wonderful time in the stands, what with all the humans mesmerized by the close scoring that just didn't let up.

Those Bulldogs and Blue Devils are our heros tonite, they exclaimed, wishing that the clock's ticking would go on forever.

Our blue menagery had its fun playing against the other blue-sportin' furred/scaled/feathered opponents, at first, but then

there was a major ruckus - so many fowls were called on the fowls that they all agreed they wouldn't peck apart the scores and just have a free-for-all.

When word got around about the fowl-up, everyone decided they would just have champion fun with one another.

You never saw so many blue raccoons bouncing through garbage, as gleeful as when they were young'uns.

Or so many blue-footed mice passing cheese bits to each other.

Or so many purple-wattled turkeys gobbling up the chance to kick a ball around the court.

Or so many blue ducks assisting each other with their noisy quacking.

Or so many blue armadillos waddling back and forth between offense and defense, and yes, they too could cross the court line and did so many, many times.

Or so many blue opossums keeping score. We're point guards too! they exclaimed happily. Oh they were all such splendid blue couch-potato possums together, dropped on their Hoosier couches.

And to top it off, they had a very special surprise - blue Hooping Cranes from Hoopapalooza U showed up to deliver an exhibition game -

dive-bombing the baskets with small bits of garbage, almost always making the shot

unless there happened to be a mid-air meeting, in which case a most certain fowl was called and they had to remain the rest of the time on the ground, helping the possums.

Unbeknownst to them, a news camera had caught a little of the animal action, and gave it to the late-night news for a little fun. Blue animals indeed!!

And that's where we pick up our Hunt story, because, as convinced as he was that he was in Kenya on his way to shoot some big game in fields of daisies and topaz and robins,

he also happened to turn on the telly and what did he see, besides the report of the game, but some footage of -- what, THOSE ANIMALS AGAIN? That blue chicken, that blue armadillo, that blue opossum, that blue raccooon cavorting with others?

He could recognize that group anywhere, even with a color makeover. But still he couldn't place where he had seen them originally.

He would make sure to tell the safari tour guide about this and inquire as to whether the tour guide had ever seen such behavior in animals before.

Hunt

Robin123
Member # 9197

had to wait as we report in on the rest of March Madness, where huskies outbarked the red cardinals gathered in San Anton,

and ticks from the southern area enjoyed their meals with a little hot sauce thrown in for good measure

And Daisy played Chopin, both with plenty of flowery technique, and declared to be a draw.

Ok, Hunt

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

It blue everyone's minds as they watched and listened to the melodious word improvs. What fun! There were lots of blueppers providing plenty of laughs.

It was obvious that Robin's rendition of Brit-ish Chopin was clearly the winner. Yet, being such a humblue and gracious team player, Robin blue kisses to the Polish/French Chopin team as they were proclaimed the winner.

Surprising, especially to Daisy, was making it to the semi-finals at all, but to defeat the Chopsticks caused Daisy to bluesh.

Robin123 shares in the above post,
"And Daisy played Chopin, both with plenty of flowery technique, and declared to be a draw"
and this is exactly how it went down:

Daisy wasted no time in preparing for "Chopin in D--aisy" (small rural country style flowery technique) inspired by the statement Robin so appropriately bluerted, "they (children) are always our next generation." Daisy had all the children gather around her and each was given a daisy along with instructions of what to do next.

Daisy pulled one petal off of the daisy she held in her hand and said, "Loves me" then tossed the petal in the air and watched it float to the ground. The children bluetifully followed along.

Daisy pulled the next petal off the daisy, "Loves me biggerest" and tossing the petal even higher, watched it swirl, this way and that, before it fell to the ground. The children did likewise.

Daisy pulled the next petal off the daisy, "Loves me always" tossed it and watched the petal fall and roll on the ground as the wind carried it round and round. The children copied.

Daisy pulled the next petal off the daisy saying, "Loves me forever" tossing the petal like a frisbee it darted a ways before falling to the ground. By this time the children were giggling as they followed along.

Daisy pulled the next petal, "Loves me with an everlasting love" and together Daisy and the children jumped up and down, and with hands high over head, tossed the last petal toward the sky just as a gust of wind carried all of the petals into the wild blue yonder. By this time everyone was giggling, children and adults alike chanting, "Love is the greatest of all" as they watched the daisy petals bluewing in the wind.

OK, Hunt was sure he saw a wild group of blue animals being chased by a blue devil.

"Where is my dog, Duke, and my hunting rifle?" he wondered, "I so want to go on a hunting expedition, granted this is different than I expected but...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The man who wrote this passed away last week. Please say a prayer for his family. His name was Bob Burton. He gave me special permission to use this in emails or whatever. ( I didn't know him personally, but he wrote this for a Christian publication that is produced locally. )

Sarah Palin: Before it got to the other side, I shot the chicken, cleaned and dressed it, and had chicken burgers for lunch.

Barack Obama: The chicken crossed the road because it was time for a change! The chicken wanted change!!

John McCain: My friends, that chicken crossed the road because he recognized the need to engage in cooperation and dialogue with all the chickens on the other side of the road.

Hillary Clinton: When I was First Lady, I personally helped that little chicken cross the road. This experience makes me uniquely qualified to ensure from Day One that every chicken in this country gets the chance it deserves to cross the road. But then, this really isn't about me.

George W. Bush: We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

Dick Cheney: Where's my gun?

Colin Powell: Now, to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road. (or Gen Schwartzkopf)

Bill Clinton: I did not cross the road with that chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

Al Gore: I invented the chicken.

John Kerry: Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it. It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now and will remain against it.

Al Sharpton: Why are all of the chickens white? We need some black chickens.

Dr Phil: The problem we have here is that this chicken doesn't realize that he must first deal with the problem on this side of the road before it goes after the problem on the other side of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his current problems before adding new problems.

Oprah: Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross the road so badly. So, instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

Nancy Grace: That chicken crossed the road because he's guilty!! You can see it in his eyes and in the way he walks.

Pat Buchanan: To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

Dr. Seuss: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

Grandpa: In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

Barbara Walters: In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting and went on to accomplish its lifelong dream of crossing the road.

Aristotle: It is the nature chickens to cross the road.

Bill Gates: I have just released "eChicken2009," which will not only cross roads but will lay eggs,file your important documents and balance your checkbook. Internet Explorer is an integral part of "eChicken2009." This new platform is much more stable and will never crash or need to be rebooted.

Albert Einstein: Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

Colonel Sanders: Did I miss one?

( the original purpose of this thread! [lol] )

May Bob rest in Peace!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

And now we are all blue because Bob, the originator of this great thread, has gone to be with the big Chicken in the sky.

Thanks Lymetoo for not being chicken about sharing Bob's great sense of humor with us. We will continue to cross roads here in his honor.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Bob brought laughter to a world that is in such need of humor. The world was blessed by Bob.

The God of all comfort promises to be near the broken hearted. May Bob's family experience His presence in their time of need.

I know many people are praying, and we serve a faithful God who answers prayer.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bob had to have been a very special person! [Smile]

Carry on, gang!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sympathy to anyone that knew Bob. I think he would have enjoyed this story. It has given me smiles.

I haven't had time to enjoy the fun lately due to my daughter's critical symptoms of late but I do think the animals need to check out a new sport. Take me out to the ball game.

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Chicken McNugget had been hatching a plan to escape the confines of his factory farm for quite awhile. He had been doing some kicks and wing-flapping exercises,

and now seemed like the time, with spring baseball season here - he was ready for some action somehow, somewhere in the big wide open world -

He and his friend, Bob Birdin, made plans to be near the factory doors when they next opened and then to scoot out as quickly as they could...

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

...meanwhile

He (Hunt) heard a noise behind him...

as he lay on the hard ground. It was the sound of African drums. He could feel the sun's rays beating, beating, beating against his body (keeping rhythm with the drum beat). Hunt wiped the sweat from his brow. The sun was so bright he couldn't open his eyes, though he tried.

In the time it took to halfway sit up--Hunt had visions of being in Kenya on the hunting expedition of a lifetime, seen a wild group of blue animals (that he was sure he'd seen before). The blue animals were being chased by a blue devil. He wondered where Duke, his dog, had disappeared to and thought about looking for his hunting rifle for the exciting hunting trip he was about to embark on, though he thought, "granted this is different than I expected but"...

before he could fully sit up, he fell back to the ground. He had a splitting headache. He squinted his eyes and raised his head slowly. As his eyes began to focus, instead of daisies and robins which he fully expected to see, there was only dry, brown prairie grass extending all the way to the horizon.

"I have to get up," Hunt told himself. He rolled over to his belly, feeling dizzy and short of breath, and forced himself to his knees. His body ached. He stayed on his knees until he was steadied and felt he had the strength to stand. Slowly, so slowly he stood. The African drums still beating. Finally, he could turn around, toward the sound of the drums.

To Hunt's surprise it wasn't African drums at all, it was his back screen door slamming against the side of the house.

Hunt felt nauseated as he slowly walked toward the place he called home and

Robin123
Member # 9197

realized it was time to call the neurologist. But he couldn't remember where he put the phone book.

Then Duke bounded in, ready for chow. Only the odd thing was, Hunt couldn't remember where the dog food was.

What is happening to me, he wondered.

Duke was impatient. Hunt shut Duke in the living room while he hunted for the dog food and the phone book.

He found it ironic that these were the only kinds of items he seemed capable of hunting for these days, and even then, not doing too well at this game either.

Finally, he located the phone book - in the laundry room, next to some clothes - and the dog food, well, it was next to the milk in the refrigerator, but we won't tell anyone, will we, he thought, except maybe for - um - oh yeah, the neurologist -

So Duke got his meal while Hunt tried to remember the name of the doctor Joe had suggested to him.

It'll come to me, he thought -

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

It'll come to me, he thought...

Right now, I know what I want and need. Wonder if Joe is up for a ballgame?!!! [Big Grin] Hunt began singing,

"Take me out to the ball game,

Take me out with the crowd;

Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,

I don't care if I never get back.

Let me root, root, root for the home team,

If they don't win, it's a shame.

For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,

At the old ball game."

Hunt was chuckling to himself and looking for his phone...

Robin123
Member # 9197

Our menagery, rested up from all the March madness fun, decided to check out a local baseball field, since they knew this is what humans would celebrate next

and of course they were going to be a part of all such human sports party gatherings whenever and wherever they occurred.

Still blue from their bath in the blue-dyed canal in Indianapolis, they were now beginning to grow out new hair/scales/feathers, so starting to appear blue-edge tinged, a new fashion style for their respective species.

The main question was, did they know what to do with a baseball and a bat?

The raccoon enjoyed rolling said items around on the ground.

The chickens pecked at everything in sight.

The blue-and-white-footed mouse volunteered for scampering around the bases after the ball managed to get hit by

the armadillos, who used their tough hides against the softball bounced to them by our erstwhile duck team, Herman Duckville and Captain Ahab.

Some of the menagery decided they were better at being bases. This included the possums. All they had to do was drop into place.

"We just drop into base" they exclaimed, which quacked up the ducks.

Kwham the purple-wattled turkey was still grounded, since he was in recovery. He strutted about in the stands, taking in the sights of the human children's baseball field they had all discovered.

And Moby Tick and his tick pals? Some of them were now a shade of blue as well, having picked up blue dye from some of their celebrating March madness sports fans.

Could that qualify them as a new tick species? They pondered what a blue tick species might be called.

They spread out in the vastness of the grassy field to await whatever was to come along...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

There they found that Great Bird in the Heavens, Bob. Bob has found this thread to be a funny one... and is glad he "started it all!"

You see, Bob was a devoted Christian.. so for sure he is reading this and laughing along with us!

( I did find out this morning that Bob died of cancer.... no more pain for him! )

So.. back to the blue ticks... of course, that is why those hounds are called Blue Tick hounds. Those blue ticks LOVE them because of their tasty blood.

AAAAOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

It so happened that one of the blue ticks met up with a local blue tick hound frolicking in the field. Blue Hound's owner pulled Blue Tick out before it had fully embedded.

She took it in to her local vector control folks who took a look at it and scratched their heads over it, wondering if this was indeed a new tick species. [Eek!]

And if so, what would they call it? They thought about Ixodes Azuricus. Had a nice ring to it. But first they needed to find out if anyone else had ever reported a blue tick. [shake]

If they really had found a new tick species, they would be ready to party, along with Blue Hound and owner. AAAAOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!! [woohoo]

[ 04-19-2010, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hunt thinks to himself, "To me it'll always be the great American past time!"

With that Hunt got a surge of energy and began dancing around the house, still looking for his phone, singing at the top of his lungs,

"Take me out to the ballgame"

AAAAOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!! [spinning smile] [spinning smile] [spinning smile]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Azuricus..? I like that! [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Are we having fun yet? Uhhhhh, yeah!!!!! [lol]
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take me out to the ball game

Take me out to the crowd

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks

(Feed me some pitchers and baseball jocks)

I don't care if I ever go back

For it is root root root for the home team

(For it is suck suck suck on the home team)

If they don't win it is a shame

For it is one two three strikes your out

(For it is one, two three ticks and your out)

At the old ball game

OK I know this is lame but couldn't seem to get my mind off of the song

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Very nice, Kam - not lame at all - wait - we're supposed to be lame if we have Lyme -

Moby Tick and friends could also sing:

Tick me out to the ball game,
Tick me out with the crowd
By me, some peanuts and crackerjack
Yes I care that I ever come back

For it's root, root, root in the home team
If they don't show, it's a shame,
For it's one, two, three bites you're out
At the ole ball game.

from the circus azuricus -

Daisy asks are we having fun yet? The ticks say Ohhhh yeah!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Hunt is dancing around, "No I'm not lame" and having a blast singing,

"Tick me out to the ball game...
For it's one, two, three ticks you're out..."

then pauses..."Where did that come from?" [Eek!]

[lol] I'm having so much fun yet...TICKle my innards [lol]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Kam... that was GREAT!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And where do blue ticks live?

-

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Carol - you outdid yourself today!!! I am still laughing - how do they get anyone to live in their properties?!

Blue Tick is big, too! and it looks like it glows in the dark - I bet it does - provides extra nightlight so you can see your way when stumbling through the house or out traipsing through the yard in the middle of the night -

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] [lol]

I sure wouldn't put the word "tick" in any company I was associated with!!! Dumb!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Robin, there is a method to Blue Tick Properties madness, no one would ever guess the truth.

Blue Tick Properties on Plum Island, operating under the guise of a real estate company (and with the approval of the United States government--although from the beginning it was made clear no paper trail would ever lead back to the government) top secret experiments that had begun during WWII continued.

Developing biological warfare weapons was a top priority as government officials realized the significance that biological warfare would play, if, there ever was a WWIII.

Wanting to get a head of other countries, the laboratory was opened under ground in secret chambers of the Blue Tick Property offices, unsuspecting to all visitors who came to the property. And with a name like Blue Tick Properties no one would ever guess. It was the perfect cover.

The experiments that took place were called the "Tick Borne Conspiracy". But something had gone terribly wrong. One of the Blue Ticks that had mutated through the years, and was now the size of a rat, had mysteriously disappeared from its cage.

Thanks to Carol a picture of the missing Blue Tick was distributed among those with top secret clearance. Lymetoo was not excited at all of being in the company of this mutated tick that had become a "wild animal" and donned her biological protective suit.

This large Blue Tick carried all kinds of dangerous and devastating diseases, ideal for biological warfare, that would greatly alter the lives of every person it came in contact with.

The professor, who oversaw the whole "Tick Borne Conspiracy", was informed of the escaped tick, he ordered an immediate lock down of the facilities.

The professor, along with the other scientists quickly...

Robin123
Member # 9197

spread the word that no one was ever to mention the escaped giant blue tick, except through hand signals, the B of Blue to be made by two cupped hand motions, and the T by crossing one hand's fingers with the other hand. A three-step hand motion, if you will.

The Blue Tick generated many blue ticks that spread throughout the land. Some glowed in the dark, like little ground blue fireflies.

No one ever knew that Blue Tick Properties was actually a secret chronicler of the locations of discovered blue ticks.

Sometimes blue ticks were located when guinea fowl began to glow blue, indicating their diet consisted of such ticks.

Blue Tick Properties was of course very interested in the fact that one had shown up in the Indiana baseball field.

The am-in-als, of course, were completely oblivious that they were in blue tick terrain...

Lymetoo
Member # 743

daisy... you almost had me sucked in!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Didn't she sound good, L2? Daisy, the Blue Tick Chronicler - who knew?

Ah, the adventure of Blue Tick and company has crossed to off-topic pg 4 -

just to let you all know, there is a mutated giant Blue Tick on the loose, about the size of a rat, somewhere in a baseball field in Indiana...see its photo (courtesy of Carol in PA) on pg 3 for identification...

methinks they oughta be using their infrablue ticknology to locate it when it's glowing at night...

what should make it easier to locate is that any animal it bites also begins to glow an eerie translucent blue...

and also there are some Blue Tick real estate properties nearby - someone should check on their current activities -

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement