LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » I have a sweet new kittycat

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a sweet new kittycat
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to the local pound and asked about a little cat called Toes that kept being featured in the spca ads. There was 'something' about her face that made me bond with her even tho I had not met her. She had been waiting for her 'forever home' for well over a year, and so we took her home. A month later she is settled in, getting us trained, loves the outside and is so affectionate its almost heartbreaking. So to all of you who are thinking of adopting - this little cat has brought untold joy already, and maybe the same would be for you.
blessings to all - especially in the feline form [Big Grin]

Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a happy story, congrats on giving Toes a home & love.

On March 2nd my service dog, Arco died...internal bleeding from a tumor on spleen. I was devastated. petfinder.com has thousands of dogs looking for forever homes.

I fell in love with Nico, a German shepherd's goofy picture.

Our home now is Nico's "forever home".

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of my pets have been adopted from a shelter or taken in from the cold, hungry, and injured. They all have been wonderful blessings in my life. Each one unique. They make me laugh every day and comfort me when I'm feeling ill. They are a part of my family.

Congratulations Liz! I wish you many happy years with your new kitty [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toes was just waiting for YOU!!

That's wonderful news!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a new kitty, too. He was a stray and was already neutered. My daughter posted pics of him all over town and nobody claimed him.

He has been the biggest joy in my life in quite some time. He's part siamese and has blue eyes that are crossed!! Just looking at him makes me smile!!!

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
such lovely stories. Comes with heartbreak tho, like your doggie DMC. 2 weeks before we got Toes we had the vet come to our home to put down our old and much treasured kitty Gracie. We cried all weekend (yes, my big burly manly hunter husband too) and could not imagine life without her. After 2 weeks with no loving feline in the house we rushed to the spca - and our house became a home again. Pet lovers (pet adorers??) are special people. hugs to all and your pets.
Liz

Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always said "animal people are good people!" You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat animals! Toes is the lucky one!!!

Purrs from my motley crew (11 cats + 4 dogs)! [hi]

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertlily
Member # 13894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so happy for you Liz, that you have a new kitty to love, Toes is such a great name! What does she look like?

PJ's and Oobi say Hi!

--------------------
Susan

Posts: 80 | From Queen Creek, AZ | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Desertlily = our Toes is white with black markings, and on her front paws, where the dewclaw should be, she has an extra 'paw', a little 3 clawed paw that look little a little hand. When she was dumped at the spca the 'owner' said she was called Lump. The spca staff were totally offended and renamed her Toes bcause of her little extra paws.
She is loving and learsn quickly - when the alamr goes off each morning at 06.45 it means it time to jump on the bed for cuddles.
I dont know what we would do without our furry and feathered friends. They are such a joy.
Toes says hello to PJ's and Oobie and all other friendly critters.
hugs......

desertlily
Member # 13894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertlily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz - How interesting!

My cats have the morning routine down pat too. I get up around 1030 every morning, and my husband says that at almost exactly 1010 both of them start hovering at my door. Oobi (the more "vocal" one,) starts his very persistent calling and PJ's just waits patiently lying near the door.

--------------------
Susan

Posts: 80 | From Queen Creek, AZ | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Toes now has what we think is her very first Christmas stocking waiting to be filled by Santa. And my, how she has enjoyed rolling around in and attacking the Christmas lace tablecloth and disembowelling the big cellophane bag of Christmas bows and ribbons.....
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have always said that animals are just angels in furry coats....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
burnsjw
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11819

Icon 1 posted      Profile for burnsjw   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my baby kitty girl. She was about to be homeless and I took her into my home. She is the joy of my life and she helps boost my immune system more than anything.
Posts: 211 | From In my house | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

burnsjw - congrats on your little girl. I hear you - when I cuddle with Toes and she is so loving I can feel stresses melting away; have always felt that the love and companionship of a pet is incredibly theraputic.
cuddles to your little angel, hugs to you.

Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Am having a huge relapse and my kitty seems to be the only one who cares and understands. Her warm purring loving llttle body snuggles up and it makes things so much better.
annier1071
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annier1071     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liz...THANK YOU for getting your kitty from a shelter. I help out bigtime with city shelters and placing pets in their forever home.
I have two orange tabbies from local shelters and they are the love of my life.

Yes they stay by my side and know when I am not well that day. THey will lay right next to me or look at me with those big eyes. They make my day!

--------------------
Diagnosed with chronic neuro lyme 12/10 after 30 years of vertigo.2 tick bites in 3 yrs from upstate NY. Was on omincef for nine mths..zith and rifampin stopped.Remission~ All the pain and symptoms are back and I am not treating now with biaxin.

Posts: 788 | From New york..queens | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement