LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Off Topic » Who are your favorite music artists/bands??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who are your favorite music artists/bands??
lymegal23
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymegal23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so during this whole lyme turmoil, I've found my continuous two safe havens have been holding onto my sense of humor, and listening to music

I've always loved music, but I find when youre going through truely trying times that music is even more helpful

who else draws strength from music. and who are your fav artists?

Posts: 995 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to work in radio for several years and developed a taste for a variety of music, blues, alternative, rock, classical, jazz, and some country. Anything original interests me so I hate the cookie cutter crap. I just do not get the appeal of Justin Bieber.
Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like everything too .. almost!

I love jazz .. hubby plays sax/jazz.

Everything guido listed above.

From the Beatles to classical to Taylor Swift!

-- I'll list a few -- I could go on and on because I like so many.

Josh Groban, Faith Hill, George Strait, Clint Black, Darius Rucker, Anne Murray, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Sugarland, Kenny Chesny---

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Eagles are the best band, period.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooo... The "old" Chicago!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always loved rock music growing up...Beatles, Chicago, Eagles, Elton John, Rolling Stones, Sting, Rod Stewart, etc.

I still like rock and soft rock and pop.

More recently I have discovered a love of contemporary Christian music. I had no idea that it had the same wonderful beat and music that I loved all along, with a more upbeat message...

Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Hillsong United, Chris Tomlin, Kutlass, Matthew West, etc.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jimmy cliff - reggae
john denver
susan boyle
gregorian chants I and II
enya
brooks and dunn
emmylou harris
beverly sills
the three tenors
riverdance

just lots of various artists

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Josh Turner... awesome!

and yes.. love contemporary Christian music like Michael W. Smith , Amy Grant, Chris Tomlin

oh yeah... and LOVE Vince Gill!!! [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh i'd forgotten about vince....

his "high on the mountain" was played at mom's funeral.

that's my favorite of his.

ricky skaggs
allison krause

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

When I typed "amy grant" I remembered ol Vince. He is just awesome and yeah... Go Rest High on the Mountain" is an amazing song ..esp for funerals.

I've seen Ricky Skaggs.. great musician and man. Allison... yep!

How about Ronnie Milsap!!? GREAT live! Glenn Campbell in his heyday. Dating myself now!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
-- I'll list a few -- I could go on and on because I like so many.

Josh Groban, Faith Hill, George Strait, Clint Black, Darius Rucker, Anne Murray, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson, Sugarland, Kenny Chesny---

Ooh.. Lymetoo! I LOVE Clint Black. I've seen him in concert several times! Same with George Strait!

And Ricky Skaggs--he was one of my very first concerts (went w/mom & dad)as a kid. I love him!

I also like Vince Gill--he has an amazing voice! Seen him in concert, too!

I love music!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the late Michael Hutchence of INXS. He is so sexy I can take my mind off lyme and co when I think of him. Has the voice of an angel to boot
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Michael Hutchence with INXS several times in concert when he was still alive. Amazing singer and YES he was quite easy on the eyes too! [Smile]

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone here ever hear of Larry Norman? He passed away recently (only in his 60's) but he was an iconic Christian rock singer. Was real big in the 1970's (showing my age, I know)

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Larry Norman? I loved Larry Norman! What about Randy Stonehill? He was great! Still singing, I think!

I was going to say my all time favorite is U2. I saw them in Philly on their 1st ever American tour and have loved them every since.

Carly Simon, Amanda Lambert, Taylor Swift, Mercy Me, Wes King, Sting, Phil Collins, a few more I can't think of...

Hey, how come I never think to check out Off Topic? I don't get out much, I guess.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, just spent sometime looking around OT. Now I know where Tutu hangs out...

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Condor - I am overcome with envy. Lucky you to see Michael
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:
Wow, just spent sometime looking around OT. Now I know where Tutu hangs out...

I come here when I'm bored .. and then I talk to myself and post jokes to myself!! [lol]

Ah yes, Carly Simon!! James Taylor! Moody Blues... now THERE's one for you!

Wynton Marsalis, Holly Dunn, Kathy Mattea, Terry Clark, The Judds, Did I say Clint Black and George Strait yet?? OH yeah, sure did! [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

17 hens- Yes!!!! I also have seen Randy Stonehill in concert many, many times. Not in quite a few years though. Cannot believe someone else has heard of these 2 guys!

--------------------
Corinne

17hens
Member # 23747

Me too, Corinne! Did you ever see Keith Green? I saw him when I was a kid - he was playing at the Harrisburg (PA) Youth for Christ center. We didn't even know who he was then, but after the show, we (kids, parents, all) looooved him - he was such a talent and such a witness!

Tutu said,"then I talk to myself and post jokes to myself!" Somehow, I don't find that hard to believe... [Wink] love ya, tutu!

Moody Blues? Sing me a few lines...
How about Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!!!!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

no...don't think I ever saw Keith Green.. How about Stryper??!!

--------------------
Corinne

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] [Big Grin] 17hens!

Moody Blues... Knights in White Satin

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

I saw the Iron Butterfly back in the 70's... remember them? "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida"

http://www.ironbutterfly.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_butterfly

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

man, our music taste is sooo similar...

you'd love my cd collection.

i have everything from andean nation to riverdance to lord of the rings (yes, they have a cd)...

most country/western and celtic tho. sprinkled with a little reggae and all our 70 and 80 stuff.

and of course, mike loves frank sinatra and big band. some of that i can take, some i can't.

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

Iron Butterfly? OK, now you really lost me.

In the 70's, I was singing School House Rock to improve my grade in Mrs. Livingston's grammar class!

I'm going to have to change my name to 17Springchickens just so Tutu remembers how young I am!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:
[QB] Iron Butterfly?
-
I'm going to have to change my name to 17Springchickens just so Tutu remembers how young I am!

Ha ha.. you are so funny! Maybe I was talking to randi !! [lol] [Razz]

Just rub it in about how old I am!! [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

--
YES to big band stuff!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Camp Other
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cordor, you said, "I saw Michael Hutchence with INXS several times in concert when he was still alive. Amazing singer and YES he was quite easy on the eyes too!"

I saw INXS live in concert too. Near the front of the stage. Those were the days.

---

The music I'm into is pretty wide in range. I have a clip of They Might Be Giants on my blog but I also like anything from Gilbert and Sullivan operettas to Tom Lehrer to Orbital to Yes and some of Lady Gaga.

I like some country rock, trance, rock n roll, electronica, world music, classical, jazz, ska, reggae, gothic industrial, and then some. All over the place, really.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread

Chicago
Steve Winwood
Phil Collins
Bruce Hornsby
Don Henley

& this man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qjS5Q2Xqg&playnext=1&list=PL449D4B3C9F1BDE0F

[ 02-23-2011, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: canefan17 ]

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

oh YES to the last one! He's mentioned above! (in the same breath as Carly Simon)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

roy orbison

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH... he is SUPER COOL! .. same with Buddy Holly...
and one of my very favorites...

Ricky Nelson! We had a guy here who had a show about Buddy Holly (my husband was in the show) and this guy did a great job on Buddy Holly and Elvis... and a SUPER job imitating Ricky Nelson.

It was amazing. He captured him so well. The style was just superb.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

climber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for climber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Allman Brothers Band
U2
Bob Dylan

Dylan's lyric have painted a picture for my life and I find his word to be thought provoking. He is able to arrange words in such a unique manner that I will say,"That was what I was thinking, but had no idea how to say it."

Posts: 108 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love U2, and had fleeting love moments with Allman Brothers, Chicago, Bruce Hornsby, Steve Winwood and Phil Collins. I even like Moody Blues, Roy Orbison and Taylor Swift. And Michael Buble is easy on the ears (and eyes lol) and does remind me of Sinatra.

But come on, you all have to admit that the Eagles are hands-down number one.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eagles are in another world when it comes to easy listening.

My fav drinking days in HS and College were accompanied by this group.

Did you know Don Henley was the drummer for the Eagles? : )

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Yes, The Eagles are in another world, no doubt.

I saw them in concert awhile back. They stayed on stage and JUST SANG for a couple of hours. THEY JUST SANG!!!

No costume changes, no intermission. Just really, really good music. And they engaged their audience.

A lot of new artists with their numerous costume changes, flashy effects, intermissions and short shows can't hold a candle to these guys.

I didn't drink or do drugs in HS or college. So maybe I should just say that many of my favorite times and defining moments were punctuated with the music of The Eagles.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do you mean they sang acappella?? That would be cool!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Watching Vince Gill and Laurie Morgan on Crook and Chase... oh yeah. Laurie's another good one!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Watching Vince Gill and Laurie Morgan on Crook and Chase... oh yeah. Laurie's another good one!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Laurie Morgan! I haven't heard any of her stuff in years.

Another good group is the Marshall Tucker Band.. I saw them in concert last June.. a couple of months before I officially crashed and became ill with all this. That was an awesome show! They were at a really small venue where any seat is a good one, so it was really cool.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

No Lymetoo, they didn't sing acapella to my recollection.

There was music during all the songs. But their performance was totally just about singing their awesome songs. By far it was the best concert I've ever been too (and Bon Jovi I have to say was a close second).

I had recently suffered through a Backstreet Boys concert before seeing the Eagles in concert. What a huge difference.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jackson Browne is my all time favorite - hands down!

I've been to many of his live concerts throughout my life and they have been better than any pain medication made for taking my mind off my eternal back pain!

He just had a solo acoustic concert last week 1 1/2 hours south of me. I wanted soooo badly to go, but no money (or energy) right now [Frown]

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement