LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Amazing video of BC Health Minister being grilled over Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Amazing video of BC Health Minister being grilled over Lyme
A_Caro
Member # 15191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A_Caro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday, at the legislature in British Columbia, Canada (just north of Washington State), during question period an opposition member of the House of Commons, David Cubberly, questioned the BC Provincial Health Minister about the problem of Lyme being underdiagnosed in the province of BC. The questions were extremely well prepared, and the health minister, who is a doctor, offered a poor response, but has agreed to review the diagnostic protocol with the provincial health officer. Enjoy! (And keep on fighting, our voices are being heard!)

Here is a link to the video. (Fast forward through the long pauses between responses).

http://bcleg-ds1.insinc.com:80/ibc/mp/md/open/f/8/1334/20080528?w=17:03:30&d=00:28:23&f=w&m=v&l=en

Caro

Posts: 12 | From WISC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOOOOOOOOVE HOW IT TAKES THE OTHER SIDE SO LONG TO REPLY!!!

1st sign someone is covering something up: Takes a Long time to answer, why? Trying to think up the lies!

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WONDERFUL!!!!

Mr. Cubberly is very eloquent and was able to clearly state the issues especially regarding the clinical diagnosis vs. false negative blood tests and that Igenex is a valid lab.

Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora DeBoard
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora DeBoard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good one Slappy. Just like the Govt. to take so long to respond. " Takes them that long to make up lies". LOL!

Seems they are always tap dancing around the issues. Ever notice how they answer a question with a question? Again, they know they are covering up issues that they know need to be addressed.

The VA, as far as I'm concerned....I wouldn't let them diagnose my cat with fleas. Also, the doc's there couldn't find their way out of a papersack, even if they had a map! Oh, and a compass. [Big Grin]

The Lymie March would be a GREAT idea. I have been racking my brain to think of some ideas to raise awareness. In an ever so ignorant society of medicine that we live in today.

The question I keep going over in my head is, I was NEVER sick till I joined the Army and went over seas. Especially after I had all my shots. While at Ft. Jackson before going over to Germany.

I had 6 shots at ONE TIME! I got really sick. With that many, how the hell are you suposed to know which one made you sick? I often wonder if it's a Govt. Conspiracy. [confused]

A couple of books I found interesting. Not sure if anyone here has read them already or heard of them.

Lab 257 " The Disturbing Story of the Government's Secret Germ Laboratory.
Michael Christopher Carroll
This one even mentions Lyme disease and how it suposidly started. Basically where it originated from.

Virus Hunter "Thirty Years of Battling Hot Viruses Around the World"
C.J. Peters & Mark Olshaker (coauther of MindHunter)

Another good book is :
Emerging Viruses "Aids & Ebola, Nature, Accidental or International"?
Leonard G. Horowitz, DMD.,M.A., M.P.H.
Foreward by W. John Martin, M.D. Ph.D.

All the things I was reading in these books are pretty scary stuff. [Eek!] Amazing how the Govt. still denies Gulf War Syndrome... Chronic Fatigue Immune Dificiency Syndrome. Basically soldiers were infected with "mycoplasma ferreten". Very BAD stuff!

Yet, somehow it was accidental. Yeah whatever. Ever hear of Jacob's ladder? I know we all have Lyme and are suffering. Yet I often feel like it runs deeper than that. Read between my lines here.

Posts: 109 | From San Antonio,Tx | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement