LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » NEW Action Group Forming

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW Action Group Forming
Hides1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hides1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all of you -- it looks like the best date for our first Lyme Action (or whatever we call us...) is June 24th at 7pm. This gathering will be hosted at St. Peter's Lutheran Church in North Wales, PA. For address/picture of church so you recognize it when you get there, see link -http://www.stpetersnorthwales.org. Please confirm your planned attendance. Also, if you can only attend through teleconference, let me know and I will see if we can arrange this (I know some of you are quite far away). In the future we can choose the locations that are most convenient for us all. I hope to make the best use of our time for maximum impact!

Scroll below for a communication from Andy Wilson, the producer of the "Under Our Skin" film regarding our request to screen the film locally. To see the movie clip, click on "view trailer" on the film's website menu: http://www.openeyepictures.com/underourskin/uos_description.html . I am meeting with the Ambler Theater and Montgomery Community College to evaluate them as potential sites. I will have some copies of the DVD at our meeting so we can share it, or you can purchase your own copy at the website.

Here is a draft agenda for our first meeting:
Getting to know each other, our stories, and goals
Discussion about what we can do - with information addressing questions of the group to help build our focus (news on IDSA guidelines investigation, what is being done in PA, what the gaps are, update on PA legislation and Federal legislation, any other personal questions- struggles with your own situation, etc.) - using the starter list sent previously.
Providing resources to educate our group as deeply as possible - to be advocates for others (and ourselves) we first need to deepen the breadth and depth of our understanding - one thing I can contribute is top notch informational resources/networks as this has been my need and focus to help us get our family through these past years
Focus in on one or two things to get us started, specifically the screening of this film and what we can do to get that together (though much is in motion, it will really be more marketing and being there, bringing people, talking it up, etc.) -- this is a huge opportunity to build awareness in our communities. As well as the launch of the info/support group July 29th, and whatever else we decide we want to focus on.
Please provide me with your mailing addresses, and I will get some pre-reading out to everyone, so we can get up to speed on some of this background ahead of time.

And, reach out to others -- who else can you involve? we need as many ##s as we can get...

And, any other ideas, insights, reactions you have... please send along as well. I am looking forward to getting a group with passion focused on doing something about these diseases here in PA. Our intention is to leverage what many others in PA have done and are already doing, and not to duplicate those efforts. We can add to those efforts and inject new energy. Thanks for making the effort and taking this step. - Julia

Julia F. Wagner
1417 Tanglewood Drive
North Wales, PA 19454
215-699-6975
[email protected]

In a message dated 6/3/2008 11:31:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

Dear Julia,

Thank you for your interest in organizing a community screening of UNDER OUR SKIN in your area. To begin, community groups and libraries can purchase the DVD at the Community Group price, which includes public performance rights, but not the right to charge admission. Ordering information can be found here: www.underourskin.com/dvd

We're partnering with Turn The Corner Foundation for Lyme education and outreach, which means if admission is charged or funds raised, half of the proceeds needs to go to them. We also ask you to have a sign up sheet at the event(s) with attendees' names and email addresses, which we will share with TTC to help them continue doing outreach on behalf of the film and the Lyme community.

For advertising purposes, you can find press materials and downloadable artwork here: http://www.underourskin.com/uos_press.html

And, finally, please let us know the details of your community screening so that we can post it on our website, helping you advertise it. We'll need a URL or email address where people can get further information.

All My Best,

Andy
2656 Bridgeway, Ste 202 | Sausalito, CA 94965
Tel: 415.332.3266 | Fax: 415.332.3256
[email protected]
http://www.underourskin.com

On Jun 3, 2008, at 11:27 AM, [email protected] wrote:

Hello! I am interested in how you are handling community screenings. I am part of the Lyme Disease Association of Southeast PA, and we have an "extension" lyme info/support group starting in our area (Montgomery/Lower Bucks county PA - Philadelphia suburbs) this summer. We have a local art house theater where we would love to host a screening of the film - The Ambler Theater, Ambler PA. We are also exploring the Community College of Montgomery County as a possible site.

Can you let me know how you are handling community screenings of the film and what's involved, specifically:
- who to talk to
- what marketing support is involved
- cost, etc.
- how others have handled these

Thanks so much for getting me to the right contact, and most of all, for making this film! - Julia Wagner

Julia F. Wagner
1417 Tanglewood Drive
North Wales, PA 19454
215-699-6975
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooki

Posts: 238 | From Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great thing! We so need this. Also, if you could send me all the info you got that would be great. I'm trying to get our story on one of if not all, the talk shows on T.V. I already have alot of info, but the more the better.

Check on my post, GEt on TV. If enough people send in the same story idea, it's more likey to get on air, and we can promote this movie. As it stands, I have downloaded the trailer for the movie and am putting it on DVD, just in case they approve it so I can show it on the air.

If I can I would love to attend the meeting, money is really tight this month so..., but I will try.

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
julia, looks like you have good info but i had to SOB, SCROLL ON BY; wasn't broken up.

could you edit your post for those living in your area so they can read it and comprehend it?

When you post or reply, please break up your solid, continuous block text [Smile]

welcome to the board! many of us have neuro lyme where we can NOT read long solid block text and be able to comprehend and read it as is.

please edit your post by CLICKING PAPER/PENCIL ICON to right of your name. that opens up BOTH subject line and body text.

now please break up your WORDY SENTENCES into one sentence paragraphs. Then hit ENTER KEY ``THREE`` after each paragraph; we need that space for comprehension.

if you are NOT a wordy person, you can do 2 or 3 total ok. do this for your entire post.

then go to left hand corner and mark box to receive ALL REPLIES, and click EDIT SEND

we thank you for helping us; [Wink] otherwise, we will SOB, SCROLL ON BY, since we can't read to help you. If I see posts like this, I SOB them; to hard on me. I'm also in the early stages of losing my eyesight from diabetes retinopathy. [Frown]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement