LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » After Talking to Many People Who Don't Have Lyme, Here is What They Say............

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After Talking to Many People Who Don't Have Lyme, Here is What They Say............
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After Talking to Many People Who Don't Have Lyme, or at least Who Think They Don't.

Here is What They Say About It...............

1. oh stop blaming all your problems on a little deer tick

2. how can a little deer tick do all that, youre crazy

3. deer don't have arthritis or fibromyalgya so how could you possibly have that from a little bug

4. if a lyme disease was real then everyone would know about it

5. i had lyme before and its all gone now after a few pills and some advice from my regular doc to next time stay away from the woods

6. youre just lazy and stubborn, go get a job and all your problems will go away

7. hey its not like its cancer or aids, its just a little flu like virus, dont worry you will be ok

8. lyme disease is silly, its just a name for all your other problems in life

9. so stop going fishing in the woods and you will have nothing to worry about

10. no big deal, if you see a tic, pull it off and get some tylenol after you clean the wound

11. stop making excuses for your lazy attitude, go excercise and live a normal life like we all do

12. ahhhh its not a big deal, we all die from something anyways

13. so your bones crack a little and your head hurts, we all have that, thats part of getting old

14. youre just looking for attention

15. never heard of it, dont care

16. if youre sick go see a good family doctor surely he will know what to do

17. go see a pharmacist and he will give you some good drugs to make all your pains go away

18. if lyme was real and such a big deal, we would have then heard about it along time ago and it would have been on every news channel

19. get out of bed and go work !!!

20. lyme is just a bunch of bull***t

21. so you have a little rash, we all get that

22. just dont scratch it, get some poison ivy cream and it will just go away

23. whats the big deal about a little bug, its so tiny and youre so big, just step on it

24. lyme disease, but i hunt in the woods all the time and never had it before

25. its not real, its just a community of lazy people looking to blame someone or something

[bonk]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From a friend who has been a good friend before and after I came down with lyme..

..this was after watching the DVD Under Our Skin

..I asked her what she thought and she said if she had not know me she would have been sceptical.

...From a family member ....

Perhaps you need to see another doctor. A friend of a friend knew someone who had lyme and he is well now.

..from someone who was helping out with household chores...

....i read on the web that lyme is short term. you can't have it as long as you have had it.

...This tells me that even after all the information I have sent them they still don't get it.

..I have learned that the ones who are willing to help just come and help.

...Some offer to help but when they start second guessing your treatment and all that you do...it is time for them to stop helping. HA!

..At first I thought they just needed educating. But, that turned out to be wasted time and energy.

..The ones taht really help are the ones that just come and get the job done quietly and focus on what needs to be done.

Those are few and far between.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'its your age' ( I am 54)
'its menopause'

They dont realise I wish it was those things and that I didnt have to spend a fortune on horrible drugs and give up wine.

Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot: "It's a Deer tick, don't they just bite deer?" lol [dizzy]

[ 26. December 2008, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: slappy2779 ]

--------------------
C.D.C = "Country Doesn't Care"
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres another I got today...

I watch the NEWS every day and never heard a thing about nor have evert I seen any commercials like they do for Cancer.

Seems to me this whole thing is just not important.

BAD BAD BAD !!!

[cussing]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Truly horrifying, the success of the elite's brainwashing.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you have to put up with these insults.

Next time someone states something so stupid....

Say to them...

"Excuse me for a moment while I go get my baseball bat."

When they ask why you need a baseball bat... tell them..

"Well one of us is totally uninformed about Lyme disease, so I figured I'd just put them out of their misery now, before they get it."

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
I'm sorry you have to put up with these insults.

Next time someone states something so stupid....

Say to them...

"Excuse me for a moment while I go get my baseball bat."

When they ask why you need a baseball bat... tell them..

"Well one of us is totally uninformed about Lyme disease, so I figured I'd just put them out of their misery now, before they get it."

[Big Grin]

tincup even though tonight i sit and cry all alone, you made me smile.

thank you.

slappy2779
Member # 12193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for slappy2779     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, our best offense is education. I got family members that no matter what I say, seems they just don't get it. Unfortunately, we live in a world where if it's not said on t.v., or if "Main Strem" doctors don't believe it, it's not true.

The truth could be staring them in the face but, it's like a wall blocking it from getting to the common sense part of the brain. I"m starting to understand how Jesus must've felt.

I don't think any of them can understand what it feels like to be 29 years old and feel like im' 79 sometimes. I mean, 1. I shouldn't be in a wheelchair, 2. I shouldn't have moments where I can't say something without it getting mixed up in may head. 3. the aches pains fatique.

I mean seriously,do they think we really want to fumble around and miss out on things? I mean really, I can't go running, sword fight, dance. All that for what? Attention? Depression? I mean seriously. People need to be educated. That's why we need to get the truth out there.

--------------------
Ticks are like Snipers, you don't know they're there, until you see the bullseye.

Posts: 86 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
slappy,

its a darn shame that we live in what is now almost 2009 and i see the bull***t politics and such stand in the way of health of people !!!

if our government really wanted to,
they would sink billions into a cure for this and it would be done just like that.

instead watching them sink those ammounts into wars and other crap makes them feel better i guess.

i dont know what else to say ?

im just really sorry that this is the world we now live in, the so called modern world.

[Frown]

how can we change it ?

lets do it...

[Big Grin]

slappy2779
Member # 12193

25. its not real, its just a community of lazy people looking to blame someone or something

Had to comment on this one, kept forgetting. For a community of lazy people [sleepy] , lyme activists seem to get a lot done. [woohoo] If we were really lazy there'd be no rallies, ACTIVIsm, and no one would really know anyone was really sick.

People really need to stop talking out the poop shoot [toilet] and start thinking before they talk.

And yes it does need to change. The way I see it, the way to do it is simply education. IF enough people can get properly educated on Lyme Disease, then it doesn't matter what insurance companies or the gov't says, they'll have to face the truth.

--------------------

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

But... can we really wait for another 50 or so years for it to start catching on to all those ingorant baffoons including the so called medical commuinty and our elected officials ?

i am doing my part as best as i can to help spread the word of awareness and the cruilty about the true denial by all,

but seems now that the more i talk about it the more they want to either change the topic,
or they all actually again start saying things like the above 25 things i have posted...

makes me really sad.

[Frown]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 9 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heres another I got today from a friend, someone who claims to have had Lyme about a year ago...

"Its just a Rash from a little Tic bite, I got some Antibiotitcs from my Family Doctor for two weeks, and it all went away, No Big Deal"

This is what most people really seem to think...

[Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement