LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » LymeMD says good-bye ... Please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: LymeMD says good-bye ... Please help
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LymeMD's loas post is below.

This guy is not my doc, but he put himself out there for ALL of us. Whether you agree with him or not, there has been no LLMD with the ***** to write exactly what he thinks, give case studies, and opine on the many nuances of this disease. I for one enjoy reading the inner workings of the mind of someone actively treating patients, someone who, despite possible consequences, tells it like it is for all to see.

This is the only place I'm aware of, that other MD's can read the ILADS POV from a practicing Lyme-treationg physician. Plus, this guy, unlike many others, doesn't ream patients with crazy fees. He's just a decent guy trying to help and he's getting screwed. Please, everyone make the calls, write the letters.

This guy does not deserve this. And neither do we. At what point do we say: ENOUGH!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009
PLEASE READ THIS- IT MAY BE MY LAST POST
This should be my last entry.

My lawyer has advised me to stop treating all Lyme patients.

He has advised me to send all my Lyme patients "somewhere else." Just where that is he doesn't say. The fact that there is virtually no one to send them to- underlines the point that I am the outlier- the target.

I have been under active investigation by the Maryland State Medical Board for over 18 months.

Five patient charts were subpoenaed based on a complaint filed by an infectious disease-IDSA doctor.

The cases have been sent to peer review. That means that 3 IDSA doctors will be passing judgment about my care of patients. In Maryland, Johns Hopkins is the final arbiter: They say there is no chronic Lyme disease. I will be evaluated to see if I am within the standard of care. The mainstream/IDSA sets the standard. Period.

I will loose. Bank on it.

My medical license may be suspended or I will be instructed not to treat Lyme
disease. Then I can take my case to court. I need political pressure to help in this fight.

I will end up in legal battle which will cost more than $100,000, which I do not have. This apparently will be the first case of its kind in Maryland. My colleagues who charge up to $3000 up front are in a financial position to fight this fight. I treat many patients for free or practically nothing.

If I am going to have a chance to win the inevitable court battle I need your help.

Please contact the Maryland General Assembly- you can get info on line.
Write/call your local congressman. Write call/fax the Senate President Thomas Miller, Jr 410-841-3700, 301 585 3700 and the speaker of the House Michael Bush 410 841 3800, 310 858 3800.

If I do not get support from my patients/readers- I will have to "go away."

The only issue is: Can I prescribe long term antibiotics for Lyme disease. That is all.

Thank you for your attention.
Posted by Lyme report: Montgomery County, MD at 9:18 AM 8 comments
Newer Posts Older Posts Home
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. We need a quick, ORGANIZED, overwhelming response.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiles132002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiles132002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what is his blog? is there website?
Posts: 484 | From Burlingame, Ca | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Staris
Member # 17648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Staris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great post nomoremuscles.

lymemd.blogspot.com

Posts: 30 | From DC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes I think that I can't take this intense frustration anymore. I would love to drop a million ticks in the offices of the ISDA members. I see it as the only solution.

I'll see what I can write for this docs benefit, but I need to know where to post it.

mary in switzerland

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi Lou, you who is almost always smack on target and the voice of reason,

but...mebbe not so much this time.

i live here in doc's state, have some context, and think mebbe this is one where it behooves all to checkout the wheels on this bandwagon first.

I hope voices of reason do that looking, especially before advising others to start a-riding.

PM me if you'd like. dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What can we do ???

Where can we do it ?????

Please advise...

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/8/1511?

please show your replies on above post started earlier so ALL ACTIONS/SUGGESTIONS CAN BE IN ONE PLACE!!

too hard to have 6-8 posts on same topic, and duplicating our efforts is the pits! thanks!! [Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Whoever he is..they have no spine. Stand up and fight! He/she is already saying they are gonna lose, so what is the sense in supporting someone who is determined to fail?

Yes, these IDSA attacks are horrible, but if the LLMD's don't stand up and fight as a team, how do any of us ever expect to get anywhere? This attack should have been expected and prepared for, and the blog was probably not a wise idea since it gives the enemy blatant access to thoughts and ideas. Think people. I have no sympathy for people who give up.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lou B
Administrator
Member # 64

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lou B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are 2 Topic threads started on the same subject.

The other Topic, which is currently active, is at:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/1511

Therefore, I'm closing this Topic.

--------------------
Lou B
 -

Posts: 2200 | From Mount Hope, New Jersey, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement