LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » "Under Our Skin" - openeyepictures *suspended* from youtube?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Under Our Skin" - openeyepictures *suspended* from youtube?!
nenet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13174

Icon 4 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to post about this documentary to a forum I frequent to spread the word, and went to link to the trailer and clips on youtube, and found out the account is suspended!

Does anyone have any information of what's going on?

Did their account get hacked? That's the only thing I can imagine that could cause this. This is some very poor timing, when we are trying to get the word out to get people to go see the movie.

As you can see, if you try to watch their videos or go to their account main page, it will say "unavailable" and "this account is suspended."

youtube link to UOS clips and openeyepictures

--------------------
Dr. C's Western Blot Explanation

Lymenet Success Stories

ILADS Treatment Guidelines

Medical & Scientific Literature on Lyme

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nenet,

good find! please send a copy of this to andy wilson so they are aware of this!

[email protected]

make them aware of this ... yes, it needs to be available 24/7.

i noticed too it said they VIOLATED THE RULES THERE! what??

thanks for posting this ... bettyg puzzled as can be!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for your reply!

I will use my last energy today and email Andy Wilson right away. Good idea - thank you for the email link betty.

I will write back here if I find out anything.

--------------------

Lymenet Success Stories

"Long-Term Antibiotic Therapy Improves Persistent Symptoms Associated with Lyme Disease"

Posts: 1176 | From KY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nenet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, email sent. Hopefully I am not the only one letting them know what's going on. I hope he has a chance to read my email.

All my fingers are crossed.

--------------------

Lymenet Success Stories

bettyg
Unregistered

nenet, andy reads each one; i've heard back from him on anything i've ever sent in a PROMPT manner !!

thx for emailing him! [Smile] hugs

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried to open it and this is the comment. "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

I hope this isn't a form of media censorship.

Check this link:

http://www.infowars.com/more-political-censorship-at-youtube/

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

i emailed andy also.
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check the following link out.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/you-tube-free-speech-purge-accelerates-infowarrior-channel-banned.html

If youtube did censor Andy's work. We can follow infowarrior's example. Essentially open lots of accounts with the video's html.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nenet
Member # 13174

(edited until I can get explicit permission to post more details.)

I got a reply from Andy - they were aware of the situation and are dealing with it. I will get back to you if I can give more of the boring details, but I just wanted to let you know, it does not appear to have anything to do with foul play.

[ 07-12-2009, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: nenet ]

--------------------

Lymenet Success Stories

bettyg
Unregistered

here's what andy wrote me ....

The account was suspended because we were showing news clips featuring UOS. We believe this is protected under "fair use" laws and we'll look into the matter.

Best,

Andy

nenet
Member # 13174

yup, that's exactly what he told me. I hope it gets resolved soon.

--------------------

Lymenet Success Stories

LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any news about when they will be up and running again?

I have multiple links in my blog that go to UOS clips.

It's oh so hard to be objective and believe there has been some violation to their terms of use when there's such a movement to shut us up.

Clips on youtube that contain news shorts are rampant. SO why us?

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

LL,

go to www.underourskin.org and sign up for their NEWSLETTER; then we ALL find out same info at same time.

i'm sure andy will write something about that, etc. in future.

LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The GREAT news is that the same clips are ALL over youtube! YES! I just replaced my hyper links, and they're in my blog.

May-September, we CAN'T let up our efforts, so I'm glad it's being broadcast. Just search Under Our Skin on YouTube. [bonk]

--------------------

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I just tried it LL, works like a charm. Excellent blog by the way. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Thanks so much! I STILL can't believe it. NO ONE told I would NOT feel it crawl so I could brush it off!

Jeez! That was the first thought in my head and probably EVERY one upon hearing the umpteenth Lyme warning.

I was SO sick before being bitten. But with NO rash, and no understanging of sx, I didn't realize I was dealing with Lyme. My knees weren't that bad, and no bullseye.

Being bitten this year is a dark tunnel to a new lease on life. Today, when I got out of bed to look for things, if I didn't find them right away, I had to give up & go back to bed because of pain.

At least NOW I have an LLMD, and someone who might be able to help. All the rest were at such a loss. I dream of feeling so great I can get organized, and heck---do my laundry. LOL

--------------------

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nenet, Betty...any more news on this weird mess? Does this timing have anything to do with the IDSA meeting -- or is that coincidental?

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

edited to .com and thanks cold feet!!

i was dealing earlier with .org stuff .... too bad they are not all the same!!

cold feet, NO, it doesn't.

go to www.openeyefilms.com

or www.underourskin.com

director andy wilson wrote about this lately; HE chose to take it down for now since there were showing it on the big screen, but he did have 2 tv stations OR SHOWS complaining.

sorry, but i can't repeat what he told me....

if he wants to post something or kris kraft from his staff; it's their responsibility to do so.

but again, NO; this had nothing to do with 7-30 idsa panel hearing conference on lyme rules!! [Smile]

[ 07-29-2009, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe those sites are .com, not .org.

Sorry there are some things that cannot be shared; that's too bad. I hope we can find out eventually...

[ 07-29-2009, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Cold Feet ]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

coldfeet,

thank you so much!! it's .COM and i edited my post to reflect that ... thanks for catching!

earlier i was dealing with .org stuff !!
would be nice if all were same endings ... less confusion for us neuro lyme folks

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement