LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » IT'S ON!!! IDSA is broadcasting (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   
Author Topic: IT'S ON!!! IDSA is broadcasting
Nicole_Denise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole_Denise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I think this is better than the CALDA blog... Good work lymenet! [Smile]
Posts: 503 | From Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BG..

She is NOT our enemy... listen to what she is saying.

She is going to prove the IDSA's studies were coming to the wrong conclusion.

She will dispute the accuracy of the IDSA's ratings and show the faults.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
knocking down baker's charges that study participants included made any (disagreeing) studies invalid.
Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Krupp made a mistake" straight on
Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

transmission/LN down for a moment for anyone else?
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DeLong:

(notes from the middle of her talk)

Clinical improvement (significant) on fatigue in Krupp study.

IDSA criticized these findings based on possible entry criteria; loss to follow-up.

She is analyzing the IDSA critique, and showing why it is a bogus critique.

Goal of an intention to treat analysis is to obtain an estimate --

Such inconsistencies are EXPECTED:

Loss to follow-up did not affect the trial findings on fatigue, despite the IDSA claims that they did.

Problems with masking: using their published numbers, we could see that there was NO quantitative evidence of masking.

Krupp made a mistake on this point, as did the IDSA critique.

Prior work by Krupp and colleagues showed that a 25% improvement forces Lyme patients to perform better than healthy controls -- so this does not prove, as the IDSA claims, that this treatment is ineffective!

(My note -- she totally rocks! Will the IDSA ignore her evidence too? Can they continue to get away with their lying?)

Now discussing the Klempner study.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Klempner study- FLAWED.
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

vermont- you rock getting that level of detail straight, and so quickly!
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Klempner nailed on statistical flaws
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Allison...

Allison Delong, MS, ILADS & The Center for Statistical Sciences, Brown University, Providence, RI

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The IDSA better study DeLong's testimony well, or I hope they will be challenged in court.

She is going point by point through the IDSA's "strong evidence"

Klempner -- inefficient, probably biased study:

* Inefficient: Omitting 30 and 90-day follow-up in analysis.
* Biased: baseline scores differ by arm; inadequate assessment of patients lost to follow-up
*Had unsatisfying measure of treatment effect:
- No measure of mean changes on the scale of the SF-36
- Categorized outcomes difficult to interpret clinically.

(My note: how did the IDSA accept such a sloppy study as "strong evidence"?? Bias indeed!)

Trial designed with sample size too small -- inadequate power that cannot show relevant treatment effects. So such effects would not be shown to be statistically significant.

(In other words --- study was designed to fail!)

Terminating a trial for futility (as Klempner study was) does not prove that the treatment was ineffective.

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abxnomore
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abxnomore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed....she'll do that.
Posts: 5191 | From Lyme Zone | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

logical flaws result from statistical flaws

"terminating a trial for futility does not show a treatment was ineffective"

PERFECT CONCLUSION

alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Thanks so much for your analysis, folks!

I cannot follow most of what they're saying due to my cognitive issues. How ironic, right?!

Your translations/analyses are much appreciated!

Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She kicked Klempner's butt! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blaze
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could someone post a 'summation' of this when it is all over? The media player on my computer is messed up, so I can't watch this.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Vermont.. THANK YOU ....

I will need those notes for press releases.

I can't listen and copy as fast... so I am depending on you!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

i can't wait to see if any of the panel is going to challenge her data. i doubt it somehow....
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me or does she sound like she's holding back tears?

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Thanks Tincup, you are welcome!

I am a fast typer, but may have to leave; fortunately Dilly is taking such great notes!

DeLong is my new hero, makes me want to study statistics... she rocks.

Tincup
Member # 5829

AliG..

"She kicked Klempner's butt!"

HA! You're right.

Dilly- I didn't miss any.. computer here fine.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She is very nervous and passionate. But she is adamant. So they will listen.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't even get my PCP to read 10-20 pages of test results. Can the IDSA panel follow along with this stuff?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

she sounds nervous. she feels strongly about making her points clear.
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

way to go. she's entirely prepared for question of how guidelines should be changed
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

um. just say yes, study the raw data. why not say yes?
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavaBeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only good thing Baker has stated so far, is that he retired in 2007.
Posts: 208 | From Portland, OR USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Can you imagine having to be there defending yourself.... knowing what you know.... against this IDSA garbage?

We are right, we've always been right and the science IS out there to prove it.

And we are the proof.

We shouldn't HAVE to be doing any of this... or defending ourselves.

Bless ALL of our LLMD's and those who care.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Can you imagine having to be there defending yourself.... knowing what you know.... against this IDSA garbage?

We are right, we've always been right and the science IS out there to prove it.

And we are the proof.

We shouldn't HAVE to be doing any of this... or defending ourselves.

Bless ALL of our LLMD's and those who care.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now she is perfect.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

any other fast typist here- vermont, don't go!!!!
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

medoff- why are you doing this review of studies. do you plan to publish?

she says- yes, for docs to access to help them assess tx approaches. she suggests it gets published in ID (heh) bingo

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just saw Dr. Donta

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

says only IV's, one therapy, is in these studies, and next to nothing of studies has been followed up.

TOO LIMITED

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Alison DL on the Klempner study:

Trial was underpowered to detect clinically meaningful effects, and unable to detect clinically meaningful effects

Alison: Designing a trial in this way ``is not reasonable.''
These findings have little value in shaping the IDSA guidelines.

Q: How would you change the guidelines?

ADL: Evidence against retreatment does not exist. Both studies have findings that indicate a benefit from retreatment - for fatigue and extreme pain.

Both studies were small - more research is needed.

(She is awesome!!)

Dr. Lantos: most of your critique is focused on the treatment of raw data rather than the design of studies themselves. Do you think there should be an independent review of raw data?

ADL: Yes, Krupp and Fallon did a good job of analyzing their data;

I find intriguing in the Klempner study: the seronegative patients: at day 180, we could see (looking at results) we really see that there seems to be some effect going on here; we see this earlier too. An appropriate stastical analysis could better see what is going on here.

It would be a beautiful thing if these data (klempner) could become available. How much of this group was comprised of those who dropped out?

In the placebo group, we see some people who improved. That is an artifact of the instrument. Does not mean that their mean values improved.

An analysis of means by the group would be a great thing.

Follow-up question on treatment of klempner data:

ADL: There was an interaction between baseline scores and treatment effect:

At a minimum, these data could be used for data mining, to come up with hypotheses to test. Whoever uses these data should sit with researchers

Q: Curious as to why you are doing these studies? (My note - what a stupid question, who is this guy?)
ANS: A publication is in the works; the Klempner study is quoted by many, and a critique should be of interest to many.

ADL: Sample size (in studies) was rarely of the size needed to document adverse events.

But so many treatments have not been studied in the IDSA ``evidence'' of these 3 studies; all of these were IV therapy; and that is all that you can say.

Limitation in what was looked at. We don't even know if these groups returned to their pre-morbid health. We need to know so much more!!

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

EEK TURN OFF MIKES, GUYS!! WE ARE HEARING EVERYTHING
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're actually there at the hearing Tincup?
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
she did great! [Smile]

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

are we allowed to tape record from this transmission?
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice discussion. My notes thus far:

Tina did an amazing job with her testimony! Beautifully stated; articulate and heartfelt.

Questions from the panel included:
How much contact has she had with insurance companies?
What is her role in fundraising?
What is her experience with medical appeals process?

Lorraine explained her role in the LD community (CALDA) and her medical history. (Nice PowerPoint to underline her points... including personal SPECT scans for evidence.) She also coalesced the information from the recent survey and explained the underlying disputes from the LD community re: the Hearing itself, the IDSA guidelines as they are and she compared the restrictions in treating LD with those guidelines to other disease guidelines. Very much the 'opening statement' format. (she is an attorney) Nice. Both Tina and Lorraine are asking for 'Informed Consent' as standard procedure.

How would you revise the guidelines?
What do you mean by IDSA guidelines being 'enforced'?

Dr. Cameron, current Pres of ILADS, spoke to denial of patient treatment, limited clinical trials re: CLD (chronic LD), insufficient lab testing and the basic role of guideline purposes. He also spoke to treatment delay, short term treatment failures and poor follow-up on patient conditions. Cameron dissected the criteria for IDSA evidence 'grading schemes' being used in the current guidelines and how they are limited... as compared to standard grading scales for other clinical trials and studies. He also touched on patient costs, both individual and collective, individual patient responses to treatment, co-infections and co-morbidity. (other diseases) Very well thought out and presented. (of course)

What is your scope of medical practice?
What do you think the guidelines should include?
Do you find the guidelines useful as is?
What is your opinion on the specific troubles with LD studies thus far?
What would be your ultimate goal of this hearing re: outcome of guidelines?
Will you be more specific on evidence grade criteria changes suggested?

Mr. Baker (ALDF) described Bb in particular and 'Chronic' LD specifically. His testimony rehashed the age-old dogma of no evidence supporting a 'Chronic' condition. (sorry, that sounds a tad biased) Baker went over the patient criteria for these 4 NIH funded trails on 'Chronic Lyme' and declared that perhaps these patients never had LD to begin with based on testing. He then speculated on the harm that may be caused with long term ABX usage. Placebo effects, symptom control with other treatment options, cross reactions, auto-immune responses and bogus 'alleged' IDSA conflict of interest charges were all discussed.

Will you clarify the patient disease criteria used for trial enrollment?
Please explain statement of 'some patients were excluded from the study may have had chronic Lyme'?
Are you aware of studies applying for NIH funding who do believe in Chronic Lyme?
What is your background in research?
Explain criticisms to studies with regard to ABX?
Are there sub-populations of patients who will benefit with long term ABX use?

Dr Luft explained his history with LD studies and patient care. He touched on Borellia persistence, undefined characteristics and treatment failures. Luft distinguished early phases and late phases of the disease state along with objective vs. subjective symptoms... and how that relates to treatment. Comparison of 2 trails ensued (human and animal models), looking at symptoms presented, meds used (Azithromycine vs. Amoxicillin) and serology tested. The patient responses were discussed. The infamous mouse persistence study was mentioned... then he began explaining the second study which tested efficacy of Tigecycline vs Ceftriaxone on the mouse model. Persistence was found even after ABX treatment although antibody levels decreased.

no time for questions

Bio statistician Dr Delong with Brown U was next, presenting findings from trials that do not match current guidelines... specifically addressing recommendations of not retreating. She also looked at the 'grading recommendations' of current guidelines and spoke to the problems and their objections with them. She went over reviews of the studies and restated findings more accurately comparing the results using statistical analysis. Her opinion is that these studies were inadequate and findings were biased. Excellent points raised re: currently published studies.

How would you suggest guidelines be changed?
Do you think further study of raw data from these trials would be of benefit?
Clarify your data... issues with how it was derived or how it was interpreted?
Curious as to why you are doing these statistical analyses? Will you publish findings?
Did you analyze adverse effects or events?

Break for 5 minutes...

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Just called Pat to see how she is doing today.

[lol]

I know she'll appreciate that.

Next up...

Barbara Johnson, PhD, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Fort Collins, CO

UGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

And good morning to all of you. GREAT notes.

We are making history here!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

wrotek
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5354

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wrotek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am wondering how many ppl are watching this live
Posts: 636 | From Wroclaw, Poland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

great summary, melanie!

it feels incredible to be watching this with you all, especially those who have been working tirelessly under constant assault for decades to get us as far as this day, whatever comes next.

THANK YOU!!!

mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so glad I have this site to be at today while listening to this...

[hi] mtree

TC are you there???

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not had time to read all the comments but will after the break, if time. Sorry... mymulti-tasking skills are a bit limited and must concentrate on only one thing... [Smile]
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

are you, wrotek?
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JavaBeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Allison! Agreed, her voice was somewhat shaky (and her can blame her...it has to be intimidating to speak to such a bias group as this), but her information presented was solid and spot on. Again, thank you Allison for all your phenomenal work!
Posts: 208 | From Portland, OR USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

darnit my feed just went down?
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

can't hear transmission- minutes gap
AliG
Member # 9734

Aggggh, I've lost feed!!!! [Eek!]

--------------------

bettyg
Unregistered

I have been very impressed
so far. Missed 5-10 minutes w/ pc problems.

Tina, great job; it was your beginnging that i missed. Your voice was well controlled. You showed STRONG DETERMINATION and grit to overcome what you have to date.

You represented us well; well done my arizona friend.

Lorraine, what a blessing you are! Slides have helped us hear/read better.

Dr. Cameron; well done! Good slides too; next time please use ARIAL or VERDANA for those of us that can NOT read timesnewroman font; huge thanks [Smile]

Baker lived up to his reputation!

I have enjoyed 2-3 comments by saying SHALL WE SCRAP THE ENTIRE THING AND START OVER?

Ken stated alot of time was put into it and he felt 3 areas should be looked into and they would know these when reading over idsa guidelines.

Both presenters said NO, just redo certain areas.

Dr. B, thanks for joining us!! THANK YOU for all the work you have done all these years on behalf of ALL lyme and co-infection patients!! YOU TRULY ARE A GEM IN THE ROUGH.

IOWA LYME ACTIVIST...bettyg

Tincup
Member # 5829

Anyone dropped?

No sound or picture?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

kicked off.
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Thanks Dilly: OK, Medoff the guy who asked the incredibly stupid question of Dr. DeLong: why is she doing these studies, and does she plan to publish?

No wonder he asked; I guess he does not want it revealed that the emperor has no clothes!

Gee, why would anyone want to verify, analyze or critique the IDSA's evidence base? Their guidelines have only harmed untold numbers of people...

Gerald Medoff ISDA New Panelists 2009 Lyme Disease Guidelines
*IDSA is honored to present Dr. Medoff with a 2008 Mentor Award.
*NIAID Chairman AIDS Research Advisory Committee
*Executive Board Member AIDS Clinical Trials Unit
*NIH - 30 years of NIH Funding and basic and clinical research
*Fellow of the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
*Served on a Research Advisory Board for the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious *Diseases along with the CDC
*Sited as a conflict of interest for his IOM input on vaccines as a cause autism in children.

Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

it figures...
AliG
Member # 9734

HELP!!!!!!!

I've got nothing at all!

--------------------

nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Transmission is out!!
Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jklynd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likewise-
Posts: 249 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no sound or pic either, suddenly.
I dont get how the cdc person can support
using epidemiological for non-em cases, when
the cdc states it is a clinical diagnosis.
contradictory.

N.

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Just heard from folks in CT and CA... they are down too.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

bettyg
Unregistered

i've lost FEED TOO!! [cussing]

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The broadcast is gone and will not re-start. Are others have the same problem?
Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alliebridge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got nothing.
Posts: 366 | From MA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

Dropped pic/sound for me as well...
JKMMC09
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JKMMC09     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have live feed (in CT)...
Posts: 371 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

opening a new window is not helping, must be a system crash
jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jklynd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know they took a five minute break-after that-just audio-then nothing??
Posts: 249 | From Northern NJ | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

It's back

--------------------

northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
system crash with the cdc folks checking in?
Loved the statistician...talk about H bombs on the
one study that is the foundation of idsa guidelines.

I had to refresh with the go to url re-entered. working now.

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

I have no sound or picture; gee, sounds like we are ALL cut-off.

What a surprise?

alliebridge
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9103

Mine is back.
Tincup
Member # 5829

The government might have stepped in the moment she said she represented the CDC... and shut it down.

Just kidding.. but have no clue how to get it back.

Guess we just wait.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

jklynd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7550

Back now also--
JavaBeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6321

CALDA says they have lost their connection as well...
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

nothing here yet...
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement