LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » lymemd.org

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lymemd.org
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me as if we are seeing more IDSA physicians setting up "Post Lyme Syndrome" clinics.

This one is IDSA all the way.
www.lymemd.org

"All patients with late Lyme disease who have not previously been treated should have positive blood tests for the antibodies to Lyme disease."

I think there is a movement to legitimize Post Lyme Syndrome.

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TerryK...

Just remembered I hadn't thanked you for your wonderful post on another topic ... so now that you are here... thanks!

[Big Grin]

I don't like the term "post-Lyme" either... but our doctors sometimes use it for a number of reasons.

One is ... When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

This researcher is trying to find, document and confirm the cause of persistent symptoms.. and he is doing it in Ho Ho Hopkins territory.

But it is not an IDSA thing... nor an ILADS thing.

It is "neutral".

We need neutral (Fallon, for example)... even though you and I know the answers already.

And the hopes are the "neutral" ones will be able to document the actual cause for chronic Lyme or post-Lyme syndrome.

Hope that makes sense.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what post you are talking about but you are very welcome if anything I posted was helpful.

Thanks for your comments. I'll have to take a closer look. At first I thought he appeared neutral but when I saw some of the text on his site I decided he wasn't. It didn't help when I saw that he was from Hopkins. Not to mention the IDSA lecture on his site from Auwaerter.
http://www.lymemd.org/Auwaerter.pdf

hmmmm..... maybe it's true then, all patients who have late lyme but have not been treated will have positive antibodies? I thought the sickest patients sometimes don't make antibodies? I thought some patients can be seronegative despite having lyme disease. Is that wrong?

I tried watching a video on his site but my dogs unplugged my speakers and I couldn't get them to work. LOL His website locked up my computer when I tried to look at a few of his papers so I was reading only text from his website along with a paper from Auwaerter from his site.

I'm all for any researcher who is honestly looking for answers and is impartially evaluating the evidence. Even if he has info on his site that I don't think is correct, his site is valuable if it really is impartial.

Soooo, you are saying this guy is OK??

OH BTW - I'm not convinced that we do know the answers. We may know some of them but I'm pretty sure we don't know all the possible presentations of chronic lyme disease. I'm open to the possibility that some people may be experiencing symptoms that are not related to infection but something else. That's not to say that they don't have infection too but there is just so much that is unknown.... You are absolutely right, we need more neutral researchers.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Makes perfect sense TC -- neutral is the only way the current IDSA will bend. I'll give an analogy: Bill Clinton went to free the journalists -- if i were a betting man i would say the journalists were freed as part of Clinton going to Korea. Imagine Clinton going and they weren't released. So for the same reason the guilty in the IDSA need those who are neutral to release them from liability. The politics in this case is to indemnify the guilty as much as possible. Use neutrals to allow a re-positioning of the guidelines. In otherwords a trade-off, this is where we have to be careful.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement