LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » The IDSA Wants Copies of UNDER OUR SKIN

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The IDSA Wants Copies of UNDER OUR SKIN
KrisKraft
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrisKraft     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) just requested from Open Eye Pictures copies of UNDER OUR SKIN to be be given to each of the nine Lyme guidelines review panelists. We're happy and humbled that the film is proving its potential to affect policy and people's lives. Click below for a summary of the historic IDSA Lyme evidence hearing held in Washington, DC last week.
http://underourskin.com/blog/

--------------------
KrisKraft
www.lymediseasefilm.com

Posts: 245 | From Palo Alto, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njlymemom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njlymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow [Big Grin]

--------------------
This is NOT medical advice - and should NOT be used to replace your MD's advice. Info is only the opinion of those who publish the site.

The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.

cb

Posts: 669 | From somewherebetweentherocks | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nomoremuscles
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nomoremuscles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, this is incredible.

Might I also suggest sending along a copy of Cure Unknown to each member?

I am a broke Lymie living on SSD and borrowed money, but I would be happy to pay for the nine copies.

Posts: 845 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY!!!

I am so happy I can hardly stand it!

Almost afraid to watch, I have been peeking throught hands over eyes, and PRAYING daily!

I have a huge personal stake in this because my little one has been the subject of a heated custody battle.

This makes it all but impossible to treat her outside of what her pediatrician would do.

I was able to send documents like the IDSA hearing, AG report of conflicts of interest, and studies.

If I can't get him to treat her long enough for her May exposure, I will be directly reliant upon them to enlighten our current doctor.

Gotta go. Time for more prayer.

Hugs [group hug] [hi] & high fives~Suz

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kris,

fantastic but to be GIVEN vs. idsa paying for them [Smile]

PJ LANGHOFF'S book, THE BAKER'S DOZEN..JUNK SCIENCE is completely about the IDSA and has over 1,000 links REFUTING what they say and have done in studies, etc.

PJ sent copies of her book to ALL on panel, and then i heard tina garcia said she gave them also, 2nd book EACH, on PJ'S BOOK!!

pam's book is good; pj's has much more substantial documentation in it and i'm just 50% done with pjs; just finished pam's last week.

kris, MAJOR STEP FORWARD! [Smile] hugs/kisses

eve and i talked lately; she mentioned perhaps a REDUCTION IN COST for the sept. 09 version coming out to be sold at.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so thankful we have this DVD... [bow]

thanks to all who made it!!!!!!!!!!

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations!!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW - hopefullhy they aren't planning on suing the producers. lol. Hope it's for a good cause.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a positive take on it, as in it being more evidence submitted for panel review -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kris, that is great news! But in going to the link you gave for the summary, I found it very difficult to read. Any way you could change the text or the background to make it sharp and readable?
Thanks,
Ann -OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what a gift this film has been, in so many ways, for so many.

thank you....

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first read this I thought it was such a great sign, then I thought about Wormser. I sincerely hope it makes more of an impression on them than it did on him.

Can you believe the only thing he thinks they should change is to maybe add a little more about Babesia?

I pray that the panel members have the capacity to feel compassion or empathy, unlike Gary Wormser.

Perhaps they will be able to understand why Lyme Disease sufferers feel the way we do about their "esteemed" colleagues.

I'm still hopeful that it will have a positive impact. It truly is a very powerful film, IMO.

Thank you for sharing this info. [Smile]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement