LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Pallone Town Hall Meeting ...BIG Crowd Expected

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pallone Town Hall Meeting ...BIG Crowd Expected
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,

I saw this in the Asbury Park Press (NJ) Paper on Friday.

This will probably be a media covered event as the venue has changed to accommodate the crowds. Pallone fought the change in Venue.....not surprising. Be sure to read and respond to the comments after the article.

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200990820095

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
copying this here for us to read and breaking up for severe neuros like me ...

Pallone's town hall meeting moved to larger venue in Red Bank

By Larry Higgs * STAFF WRITER * August 20, 2009

Read Comments(16)

RED BANK -- Make it the middle school for Rep. Frank Pallone Jr.'s planned town hall meeting next Tuesday.

And a prospective Republican challenger to Rep. Rush Holt announced plans to hold his own forum before Holt's town hall meeting in Middletown on Wednesday to make sure no one is shut out from expressing an opinion.

Pallone's planned town hall meeting was moved to a larger venue after some constituents complained that the 100-person-capacity Borough Hall courtroom is too small to accommodate the anticipated crowd.

The meeting, scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday in the middle school auditorium on Harding Road, was announced by Mayor Pasquale "Pat" Menna Thursday afternoon and confirmed by a Pallone spokeswoman.

"It's the same time, but a different location," Menna said. "It's a better place, and we're grateful to (Superintendent) Laura Morana for making it available."

Last week, Pallone, D-N.J., said that it wasn't possible to move the meeting because of the time needed to renotify constituents by third-class mail.

On Monday, a group of residents started an e-mail and telephone campaign to persuade Pallone to move the location.

Krishna Tyler, who helped organize an e-mail and telephone campaign to lobby for the bigger venue, said she had lined up volunteers who would re-direct people who mistakenly go to Borough Hall.

"He should have known better and anticipated there would be more people than just from Red Bank," Tyler said Thursday afternoon. That morning she'd sent one more e-mail to Pallone's office about the location.

Many callers to the Asbury Park Press expressed similar surprise that Pallone selected the Borough Hall meeting room after similar town hall meetings held around the country by other members of Congress have been packed beyond legal capacities by people wanting to talk about President Barack Obama's health care plan.

Fair Haven Mayor Michael Halfacre, who is running for the Republican nomination to challenge Democratic U.S. Rep. Rush Holt in the 12th District next year, is holding his own forum at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday outside the Middletown Arts Center, near the Sept. 11 memorial, weather permitting.

That forum will be held before Holt's planned town hall forum at 7 p.m. at the arts center, 36 Church St.

Halfacre said he plans to offer a few remarks and open the floor to make sure that opponents of "Obama Care" get a chance to be heard. He said he'll also have a copy of the health care reform bill.

"If there are people who support the single-payer or the public option, they'll get a chance to speak, too. That's why we're calling it Open to All," Halfacre said.

"We want to have a dialogue, not a cheerleading session, and we don't want anyone shut out."

Copyright � 2009 Asbury Park Press. All rights reserved.

i'll copy ONLY LYME DISEASE COMMENTS BELOW! betty .... NONE LYME RELATED!!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey LD...

Thank you!

Good information! Thanks for sharing it.

I sent it to some advocates in NJ to make sure they know.

Sounds like it is time for a Pallone party.

[Big Grin]

PS.. Before I posted this.. I heard back.

There will be folks there to speak on Lyme situation.

GOOD THINGS DO HAPPEN!

Wish I could be there for the fun!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njgirl14
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14174

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njgirl14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i plan on going.
Posts: 262 | From nj | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have fun NJ Girl...

And report back on any good stuff... ok?

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

PS.. I hope everyone with Lyme will be wearing lime green. it makes its own statement.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeLearned
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeLearned     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
njgirl, Thank you! ...And please speak for those of us too ill to leave our beds. I've missed out on so much, but nothing hurts as much as missing out on my chance to speak out and weigh in. Unfortunately, I was re-bitten in May, and learned what had been disabling me all along, and what they've done in the US to keep us ill, rather than spend the cost of treating us. It's been so frustrating to be bed-bound and frightened, yet personally powerless. I know you'll look out for us with the rest of our group and I am eternally grateful. I'm praying and pulling for all of you. [woohoo] Thank you again.

--------------------
"SEVEN LYME FACTS THAT COULD HAVE SAVED ME" VISIT ME AT:

http://www.youtube.com/TickedOffLiterally

Posts: 183 | From USA | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Any news yet?

Anxious to hear!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

turtle 1653
Member # 10309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for turtle 1653     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To All,

At Congressman Pallone's Red Bank Town Meeting the main topic of course was Health Care Reform.

There were 3 sessions that night with the first two at 550 each. The last group had about 200 persons in attendance.

Four people, including myself, had a different topic in the last group.

When my turn at the mike came I tried to be short
and read from notes I had.

I quickly told my daughter's 10 year struggle with Lyme and told Congressman Pallone that I hoped he had changed his position on supporting this years bill.

Hoping that working on Health Care Reform has given him insite into being chronically ill.

Also reviewed the number of cases in Monmouth Co, NJ which is his district. He asked if the Bill was Chris Smith's.

That was it. (Besides a woman telling me that I was not from that district and was taking up to much time!)

He wasn't as aloof as last year.

Turtle

--------------------
Turtle 1653

Posts: 57 | From East Brunswick | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mtree
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtree     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Turtle for letting us know.. [hi]

....and thank you for speaking for us all!!!! [bow]

[group hug] mtree

--------------------
worrying about tomorrow takes its strength away from today

Posts: 970 | From Point PLeasant , NJ | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thx turtle for the update...

town hall meetings are for ALL; no matter if it's in your district or not since they are NOT VISITING ALL CITIES IN THEIR ENTIRE DISTRICT!

glad you went and addressed your daughter's needs ... so he did NOT reply to your comments then??

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
turtle 1653
Member # 10309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for turtle 1653     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no specific reply. Just an acknowledgement that the bill was from Chris Smith.
The night at that time was late (11PM) and the gentleman telling people when it was there turn was in a hurry.

Turtle

--------------------
Turtle 1653

Posts: 57 | From East Brunswick | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement