LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Making deals with the Devil

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Making deals with the Devil
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes the wind blows just right and I hear about things going on in the background that are NOT what YOU need, much less want.

And the REALLY sad part... the frustrating part...

It is coming from people who are supposedly respresenting themselves as doing things "on YOUR behalf"...

These are people that sell themselves as being FOR the Lyme Community, but who have lost their way for whatever reason...

And they are now, without telling you, AGAIN attempting to make dangerous deals with the Devil behind the scenes that can hurt all of us.

They are the ones constantly crying that we all need to 'work together', yet they keep their plans from you and stay under the cover of night until exposed.

Some of them have sided with places like the CT DOH in the past to help PASS the more stringent reporting criteria, while the majority of us were out there protesting and fighting the more restrictive wording.

Some have gone to legislators and tried to undermine our federal bills and some of our state bills in the past, some hoping they could get their own bills in instead. Glory hounds.

Some have tormented ILADS and tried to have the ILADS President tossed out on his ear... demanding his resignation.

I could go on and on... but you get the picture.

I feel so bad for patients that want to know why we can't move forward any faster to get them and their families help.

THIS IS WHY!

Not only do we have to fight the BIG IDiots....

But we are burdened with having to address people within the community and try to keep them from destroying what we are all working so hard to accomplish.

Every minute the advocates have to deal with the garbage within is less time we have to work on making progress.

I wish they would stop trying to make deals with the devil and stop with the sneaky stuff behind the scenes.

People are suffering while they are playing these evil games.

ENOUGH is enough!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.. and I will be exposing each and every behind the scenes plan and person I come across from now on... so YOU will know what the real deal is.

You deserve to know.

This is YOUR life and anyone supposedly "representing" you should have the decency to tell you what they are doing.

If they don't, I will.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ticked-offinNc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ticked-offinNc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Thank you for everything you do, for so many people. Thank you for the grins and chuckles, the knowledge,and guidance.

And especially for all the behind -the- scenes work you do on our behalf.

You are greatly appreciated for so many reasons. Just wanted you to know. xoxo

Posts: 261 | From Piedmont | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.

Here I go blowing up a storm and raining all my frustrations out all over the place...

And in return I get a nice calm reply. How sweet it is.

I don't deserve it... but I thank you kindly.

You've made my night!

Now I smile.

Again, thank you!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymewreck36
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup. My early education in lyme disease (Fall 2002) was from one such person stirring up bad feelings....although this person was brilliant and had her facts, this person was hell bent on stirring division in the lyme community.

I tried really hard to get this person to drop the divisionist mentallity, and I ended up getting run over by a Big Mac truck. It was brutal and ugly.

Good luck Tincup. I know these people are out there,and the dirty work of exposing such things has to be unpleasant....

Not sure exposing it all is the best thing for the lyme community either though. Would that be airing our dirty laundry to the outside world? .... When we are trying to look "legitimate?"

That would be my only concern, and for you as I know first hand how unpleasant this can all be.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell instead of just talking about telling [Smile]
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey wreck....

You said... "I ended up getting run over by a Big Mac truck. It was brutal and ugly."

I am so sorry that happened. It can get VERY ugly, you are right.

And it doesn't NEED to be that way, which is why when it is, it is so horrible for so many.

And I agree, that exposing the "ugly" can be risky...

But then again, not exposing it allows it to go unchecked and it allows for innocent folks to be duped... or as you said... be run over by a Big Mac truck.

I've seen some wonderful people be run over and because of it, drop out of the patient advocacy volunteering they were doing.

We need people to help, not be battered and beaten into quitting. I've seen hundreds and even thousands of hours of work get flushed because of "ugly" acts and "ugly" people.

Each time this happens... our kids and our families ... and WE all suffer for it.

So yes, it is a fine line... and I wish and pray for guidance through this "ugly" stuff ... for everyone's sake.

But I am also bummed out by how it continues no matter what we do and how it destroys so much progress for so many.

I am tired of the complaining that we aren't moving forward.. and patients NOT knowing the real reasons for some of it.

BTW- In my opinion, we have moved forward quite nicely over the past few years. I actually see a good deal of progress being made.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

rad said.. "Please tell instead of just talking about telling."

That is a grand idea. And when I can tell, I certainly will.

But first, and I am sure you will agree, the "ugly" has to be dealt with so that more destruction doesn't occur.

Once the ground is settled... and ALL the facts are in... I will be happy to let you know them.

For now I won't speculate or interfere in the workings, for fear of allowing the "ugly" to become even uglier.

[Big Grin]

There will be an update coming out soon... and once it is ready for prime time, I will post it.

We will need your help. Everyone's help.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

JR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you talking about the discussion on Lymenet Europe called:

Heaven Forbid they Propose a Bill Backing REAL Research....

in their Lyme Cafe? You can read it without being a member.

Posts: 365 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey ***...

You said.. "Please tell instead of just talking about telling."

Ok funny man, let's start here, remembering this was YOUR idea!

Do you recognize any of these schools, ***?

Millington Elementary School
Rock Hall Elementary School
Worton Elementary School
Kent School
Chestertown Christian Academy
Kent County High School
Chestertown Middle School
Galena Middle School
Rock Hall Middle School
Henry Highland Garnett Elementary School
Echo Hill Outdoor School
Radcliffe Creek School
Washington College

Or maybe these towns?

Fairlee
Lynch
Kennedyville
Massey
Still Pond
Tolchester Beach
Worton
Betterton
Chestertown
Galena
Millington
Robinson
Rock Hall

Or maybe you know some of the 20,000 people who reside in that very rural and highly endemic area? Many are Amish and Mennonites and most work outdoors. Sound familiar?

NO, you don't them? Well...

They are located in an area that is so bad with Lyme and TBD's that some of the first studies were done there on children in summer camps.

It is so bad STILL that researchers continue to go there to "study" these people and do deer tick surveys.

Actually, it reminds me of the infamous Tuskegee experiments because the treatment and education is not getting better, but the studies are many.

They have very few doctors and only one small hospital that serves two or three counties.

The way they treat Lyme is to follow the Hopkins approach and use the "one pill" theory when someone appears in their office with a Lyme rash. Some lucky ones manage to get 2 weeks of doxy if they are very very ill at the time.... and I've noted a couple of people actually got the full three weeks of IDSA treatment.

And if they remained ill after that treatment, well, this area is pretty famous for their "steroid" approach for chronic Lyme. I've had several calls just in the past few weeks concerning this specific problem.

The people are scared, they are sick and are dying. They have asked for my help because there is no one else that can/will help them. It breaks my heart.

I've actually tried educating doctors in that area years ago when I was able to get out and about more. Went to the offices with patients who were too sick to speak for themselves (on their insistence), left literature, books, video's etc. Even helped with a few programs here and there.

The doctors were not receptive because the ducks were steady telling them differently. Why would they want to listen to a nobody like me or these other sick patients begging for help?

They didn't.

At the time, the doctors had never heard of Babesiosis, Ehrlichosis, Bartonella, etc. which is so sad because people there are not only suffering from these diseases too, they are dying. Look up the obits and you';ll see the latest one... a mother of small children.

*** entire families there are sick and they have no access to adequate help. Many are living below the poverty level and many don't have insurance.

This is where YOU come into the picture, ***.

From what I understand... you learned about the very first article EVER to go into their local newspaper about Lyme disease, one that would hopefully be seen by these residents, teachers, nurses and mothers of children that go to those schools ....

As well as, be seen by the doctors with their one pill theory and their steroids.

From what I understand.... you actually took time to look up that newspaper and contact the editor with the sole intention of trying to cast serious doubts on the articles content, focusing especially on the one quote at the end that happened to be by me.

From what I understand... the editor wrote you back telling you he sent your note to the article's author.

From what I understand... this was just part of YOUR attempt to smear me. Part of a campaign (of what, 3-4 people?) to post my name on a website so many times that those looking up my name would see a bunch of trash rather than anything worthwhile I've done in the past 20 plus years as a volunteer.

So let me ask you this, ***....

Do I even know you? Have we ever met? What is it that I have done to you, ***, that made you do something so destructive and hurtful to people in that area?

Do you think educating or helping people in general is a bad idea? Or do you just hate the people living there for some unknown reason? Or do you just hate me enough to let others suffer and go uneducated?

Did you know that several patients have tried to get information in that paper for years and years on end with no luck?

Do you know we were finally able to do so, and within a few days you tried to smear that effort- rather than just leave it alone or heaven forbid, thank the paper for finally educating their residents and encourage them to do more?

***, if you don't want me or these other volunteers educating these sick people, we have a stack of "Things To Do" here that we would be glad to send your way.

And I promise I won't run around hanging on your coat tails, biting at your heels and trying to interfere with your efforts.

Deal?

BTW- You can start RIGHT NOW educating and supporting them. I got another call earlier from a grandmother with two sick grand babies wanting to know if her precious darlings could have possibly been born with Lyme-

Which is what prompted me to ask you about your deeds today when I was trying to just let it go.

She said her entire family has been sick for years and the only thing they've had in common is bites from ticks and Lyme disease. She cried. My heart broke.

Shall I tell them YOU will be responding to their pleas for help?

[ 12-17-2009, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Anna Lee ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, wow?! Yikes. How can we help?

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After reading what you wrote, TC, sounds like genocide to me - and anyone who is able to get to a doctor and get treated is privileged. I think we all need to think about how we can help others, in whatever small or large ways, who are stuck in this mess.

And you need a monument somewhere - maybe with giant ears, mouth, heart and some typing fingers? - [Smile]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StopTheItchPlz
Member # 23266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StopTheItchPlz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Just WOW.

Thank you for sharing this Tincup. It's disturbing to say the very least. It makes me sick. I don't even know what to say.

These doctors and people who know about Lyme and any other disease that just let this slide under the carpet or act like it doesn't exist will have a sh**load of death and debilitation to answer for someday. I'd hate to be in their shoes.

Posts: 50 | From Midwest | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think one of the first priorities needs to be research into the transmission of Lyme through the blood supply, intercourse, placenta, breast feeding and other insects besides ticks. Can Lyme be aerosolized?

Is ANYONE funding this type of research or do govt agencies, which are integrated with the medical industrial complex... discourage it?

We can educate about the symptoms, how to treat it...etc(that's all important) but if we don't curb the spread of Lyme, it's like bailing out a
rapidly sinking boat.

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm - I've never heard of Lyme being aerosolized.

And there's also all the other co-infections as well. Can they all be passed via fluids and tissues?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the document where I first heard of the possibility of Lyme being aerosolized and perhaps being a threat if it was. I believe they are speaking of accidental spills here....but it makes you think.And it also infers that Lyme was worked on in the Lab before it was supposedly identified in 1982

http://lymesentinel.blogspot.com/search/label/CAN%20LYME%20DISEASE%20BE%20INHALED%3F

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ping
Member # 6974

Icon 2 posted      Profile for ping     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup - I completely believe you. I've experienced this undercurrent many times and most recently, my friend experienced it at a State and even Local level. In the last case, it was withholding info. re: tx availability in State. Some is personal bias and other is ignorance. Can be difficult to tell which unless you know the personalities you're dealing with.

If you care to share specifics re: Texas, please contact me at : [email protected]

All others sending email to this address will be deleted without opening.

--------------------
ping
"We are more than containers for Lyme"

Posts: 1302 | From Back in TX again | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

My guess is Rad wants to wiggle away from it?

Anyhow...

Is it at all possible people claiming to represent the Lyme community could stop hiding behind the scenes and making deals with the devil?

After all, if the deal was a good thing... we should all be made aware.

Again I hear this is NOT happening! A handful of people are screwing up stuff and that will negatively affect us all.

And doing it through the docs who don't know better? What sneaky snakes.

When lives are at stake.. this garbage totally sucks!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement