LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » President Bush had Lyme!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: President Bush had Lyme!?
bonafidejason
Member # 24472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bonafidejason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always used to say, i wouldn't wish Lyme on anybody, not even George W.,
then recently I heard he was diagnosed and treated during his presidency.

It makes so much sense. The panic and the fear that the whole country went through after 9/11 was so Lyme-like it's eerie.

Which makes me wonder how much this disease is already affecting us as a culture? As a species?

Posts: 19 | From Oakland, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's interesting - he was very coherent in a 1994 video, as governor, speaking about education. Then in his presidency, it was very apparent his speaking ability had slowed down. A before and after.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know who treated him? Was it an LLMD?

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
n.northernlights
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17934

Icon 1 posted      Profile for n.northernlights     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were several posts about Bush and lyme, and someone said his/her LLMD said he was treating Bush.

Oh yes, and the Kennedy's had lyme too, several of them.

Posts: 366 | From Europe | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding is two LLMDs were consulted for care.

The Kennedys had Lyme? Do you know which ones?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcg08002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcg08002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What treatment did bush have lol

--------------------
Stephanie, University Student.

Ehrlichia [POSITIVE]
IGG/IGM AB [H] 1.49
indexLyme AB interp. EIA [A] POSITIVE
IGG P93 AB [PRESENT]
IGG P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P23 AB [PRESENT]
Lyme IGM WB interp. [A] [PRESENT]

Posts: 145 | From Idaho | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcg08002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcg08002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What treatment did bush have lol

--------------------
Stephanie, University Student.

Ehrlichia [POSITIVE]
IGG/IGM AB [H] 1.49
indexLyme AB interp. EIA [A] POSITIVE
IGG P93 AB [PRESENT]
IGG P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P23 AB [PRESENT]
Lyme IGM WB interp. [A] [PRESENT]

Posts: 145 | From Idaho | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was bitten by a tick and got the Lyme rash while in Maryland at Camp David. It wasn't "released" till much later that this had happened. Read the article to the end if you care to. Quite interesting... and sad.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20182154/

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
[QB] It's interesting - he was very coherent in a 1994 video, as governor, speaking about education. Then in his presidency, it was very apparent his speaking ability had slowed down. A before and after.

I was still living in Texas while he was governor. He was a great governor and spoke WELL.

They are never going to say how bad he was with the Lyme... but I could SEE it. For sure. It breaks my heart when people attack him, because I know it's from the lyme. He is NOT stupid.. but his speaking ability is now the pits.

Yes, I believe he saw two different LLMD's.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC.. are you sure you have the right link??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the news article and the TV news report, saying he was treated and now fine...which of course we know better.

What saddened me, is the media's disrespectful slant and negativity on his "word finding" problems and speech issues as they developed.

Having lyme and those issues myself, I felt like I was being slapped in the face...each time a commedian said something or another opposing candidate brought it up...or the media....

Also that our medical community was not taking lyme and other chronic related conditions seriously. Especially to only have our Pres. see infectious disease Dr. He was not treated as well as us!

Hopefully he knows more now...and possibly he is even is on lymenet!

Even here on lymenet, I could not get over the political negative things said about our President from people demanding compassion from others for themselves. Can't most of you recognise a person with lyme when you meet them?

Each time Pres. Bush spoke, I could see it and hear it immediately, and I would just pray for him and our nation of misinformed leaders...especially those today taking our medical into their own hands.

Ronald Regan also had lyme...they said from his horse ranch...before his Presidency...and was treated I heard in the media...but he was protected by his staff during the beginning of his illness in office. It was never strongly publicized in a way to benefit those with chronic lyme. He ended up with alzheimers!

Quite disturbing.

[ 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: lightparfait ]

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Lightparfait, the president's team consulted with two top LLMDs for his care.

What's interesting is that the news came out only in the following year's check-up, after he had received some treatment.

lightparfait
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Robin...glad to know that.
Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to the article in the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know, parfait. I still get upset when Jay Leno says how stupid he is. It's Lyme all over the place and those comments hurt ME too!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our llmd consulted with his aides, and another well known llmd was consulted also.

I agree with tutu. The man was not stupid, quite intelligent in fact. I wish people would get off his back.

Those with lyme themselves should be the most understanding of all.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ninjaphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninjaphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What this tells me is that you can't just relax and put yourself in your LLMDs hands. You have to be more proactive and do your own research too.
Posts: 330 | From Colorado, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IMHisda
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IMHisda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That deer in headlights look is just all too common for lymies like myself I had a feeling if he had a ranch in TX he probably had it- I think it was Dr. S in SF that treated it. I'm sure this was the cause of so much confusion-related stuff. He does seem so much brighter in those earlier clips while governor or TX.

--------------------
RV

Posts: 249 | From Healing in USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Member # 22022

Even with the effects of lyme on myself...with word finding issues, and communication issues that come and go...even now as lyme is gone for me...those effects still reamin. I still find my mind is sharp and I can think well organized thoughts and make very smart decisions.

Getting the ideas out in a professional manor is my continued challenge. Even my typing has gone down the drain! At least I can take some time and make corections...but live speech cannot be corrected on the spot without being able to put personal pride aside and learn to laugh at yourself. This is what he has learned to do...and I give him credit.

At least he did not rely on the teleprompter...and would speak extemporaneously...which is real...and which is personally exposing, which our current Pres. will not do.

[ 04-22-2010, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: lightparfait ]

hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Each year the details of the President's annual physical exam is published with details of EVERYTHING.

NOTHING was revealed about President Bush's treatment for Lyme disease.

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Right, hshb, not until his 2007 exam report came out.
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which LLMDs did he go to?

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement