LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Monies Needed For Morgellons Research.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monies Needed For Morgellons Research.
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who have been following the scientific

finding for Morgellons I am posting this to further

the possibilities that are not being explored.

The need is great. Not only for Lyme patients who

have it but for insects who may have it also.

And I do not think it is just coincidence. But we must know.

http://www.nationalaglawcenter.org/assets/crs/RL33938.pdf
Recent Honeybee Colony Declines
Jan.26th. 2009

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Between 1947 and 2008, honeybee colony numbers nationwide declined from 5.9 million to 2.3 million. Colony shortages were so critical that in 2005 honeybees were imported from outside the United States for the first time in over 80 years
http://www.agmrc.org/commodities__products/livestock/bees_profile.cfm

Disease dooming native bumblebees
By Lynda Mapes, The Seattle Times
January 13, 2010
http://www.xerces.org/2010/01/13/disease-dooming-native-bumblebees/

Procedural issues lead to ban of Bayer pesticide

By Rick Wills, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
January 1, 2010

A federal judge banned the sale of a Bayer CropScience pesticide that environmental groups and commercial beekeepers say is potentially toxic to the nation's threatened honeybee population.

Both Bayer CropScience, a North Carolina subsidiary of Bayer AG, and the Environmental Protection Agency have 60 days to appeal the decision of Manhattan U.S. District Judge Denise Cote.

The ban would make the sale of

spirotetramat,

known by the trade names Movento and Ultor, illegal in the United States after Jan. 15.

Cote's decision does not explicitly address the inconclusive impact the pesticide might have on

honeybees. Instead, she faulted the EPA for ignoring steps required in any pesticide approval

process, including failing to take public comment and failing to publish Bayer's application and the agency's approval in the Federal Register.

Read the entire article on the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review website.

http://articles.sfgate.com/2008-04-19/news/17146796_1_pollinators-farm-bill-wild-bees
Farm bill complicates plight of honeybees
Subsidies expected to result in more deaths of pollinators
April 19, 2008

Conservation groups and scientists ask the USDA to protect wild bumble bees from disease
http://www.xerces.org/2009/11/19/conservation-groups-and-scientists-ask-the-usda-to-protect-wild-bumble-bees-from-disease/

November 19, 2009

It is not just us. We must have Federal Funds.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

I don't know what the heck is in that.

But anything with a name like SPIROTETRAMAT

scares the heck out of me knowing what I know about Spirochetes.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Info I received from the XERCES Society on funds for bee research and appropriation funds from current bills.

--------------------------------------------------
I'm not aware that Morgellons has been identified in honey bees.
We don't directly work on bee diseases here.

An entomology department at a university is more likely to have such researchers.

The Farm Bill said that $20 million/year was to be allocated for honey bee/native pollinator research but that is very different from the actual appropriation being made.

To date, Congress has not approved any appropriations for this money, despite the efforts of a group of senators led by Sen Boxer (D_CA)
--------------------------------------------------
Please know I have contacted 2 bee researchers.

They have never heard of Morgellons.......Monkey no see------Monkey don't have.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

http://www.hivma.org/Content.aspx?id=16132

The HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) congratulates Michael Horberg, MD, a member of HIVMA's Board of Directors, for his appointment to the Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA). The director of HIV/AIDS for

Kaiser Permanente

and an HIV clinician and researcher since the 1980s,

Dr. Horberg and PACHA's other new members met for the first time during President Obama's administration earlier this week in Washington, D.C.

Like we needed to know that. Who cares when they met for the first time? I guess they cared who thought what?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

CDC Requests Bay Area Morgellons Study
Posted: 5:41 pm PDT August 2, 2007
http://www.ktvu.com/health/13810037/detail.html

KTVU Channel 2 has learned the federal Centers for Disease Control has asked

Kaiser Permanente

to begin the nation's first epidemiologic study of "Morgellons Disease," a mysterious ailment that the government terms an "unexplained and debilitating condition that has emerged as a public health concern."

KTVU Health and Science Editor John Fowler was the first in the nation to report on this ``mystery disease'' as it was called in 2004.

The jokers think they got away with it.
What say you?

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Let me put this bluntly and on the table for all to see.

How much longer can they keep the public in the dark?
When everyday I watch Food Network and Cooks and Chefs using their hands for mixing, and tasting, and then feeding it to their guests.

How much longer before they have to tell the public. WE DON'T CARE. WE just want to get PAID.

How much longer before they tell them...UH YOU SHOULD BE USING GLOVES---EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU HAVE IT.

I Don't want it in my meatloaf.

The CDC is a JOKE.

They should not be the group that disseminates funds allocated in HR1179 under any circumstances after this one of their blatant and epic failures.

[ 04-23-2010, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Pinelady ]

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement