LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Please Do NOT call CT's AG office

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please Do NOT call CT's AG office
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was emailed to me from someone who had helped the CT Attorney General intiate the IDSA investigation.

"Please do not call the CT AG OFFICE. They are aware of the outcome of the IDSA panel and don't need 500 calls to remind them.

From the AG press release:
' ``We will carefully and comprehensively assess the final report and the review process leading to that report to determine whether the IDSA fulfilled the requirements of our settlement.'

Why do we want to beat on the State Government office that has tried to help us. Do not bog them down with phone calls. They are not the enemy.

The CT AG is a State Attorney General. He has no Federal power. When the CDC acepted the IDSA guidelines a few years ago, the guidelines became FEDERAL property.

Thus, taking any legal action out of the hands of any State AG from any of the 50 states.

The IDSA didn't have to hold a hearing but the IDSA found this out AFTER they agreed to the hearing.

If we want to make a change we need to start a petition in every state, (CT already is on board). Hand the petition over to the Attorney Generals in the other 49 states.

These AG's can then contact the US Attorney General or any other office who has federal power, and demand an investagion.

You can't investigate a federal office with a State Attorney.

To flood the CT AG with phone calls and overloading the fax machine is a waste of time for everybody."

This is from me, dmc:

Momofthree posted info regarding a Congressional investigating the CDC

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/2310

Let's help that gain momentum.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dmc...

Not sure who wrote what you posted, as I am familiar and in contact with those who were there throughout the AG process, and as far as I know that is not the word going out.

But I am checking and will confirm with you as soon as I hear back, so we can all be sure.

Just so you know some of the thoughts behind the immediate actions that were taken....

The AG's office could have read the final report and simply closed the book on it immediately, especially if no one had raised concerns. He could have easily said "job done, let's all go home".

And it would have been over then and there.

However, with the world watching and caring and raising concerns about the process, it stopped that possibility from happening.

Hope that helps to explain that action.

Also not familiar with this petition you mentioned. I know there have been a few floating around lately... but don't know any that have been started by the CT groups. Do you have more information on it?

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes he has posted on his website a place to post.

http://RichardBlumenthal.com

As Attorney General, I've always listened to people and fought for what's right. My goal has been to help the people of Connecticut with

problems -- large or small. My service has been about you! Today I launched a new section on my website, dedicated to you. Have you ever come to

me or my office for help? Do you ha...ve a story to tell? Please share it with me on my website's "share your story" page. I look forward to

hearing from all of you!

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heard back.... and the "do call" information was correct. The explanation I provided earlier was also correct.

Any questions, please let me know and I will try to respond.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be a pill but.

I just talked to the AG office. He can only say what is in the press release.

I asked if the AG office keeping a count of calls and he explained:

The number of calls DO NOT influence the out- come on whether the IDSA complied with the settlement aggreement.

It is a legal type matter. I said "so it is NOT a legislation matter where numbers count".

They are not keeping count nor are they taking names.

So I believe that the email sent to me above was correct. We now are just tying up the personnel & phone at the CT AG office.

You all will do what you want anyways. Calls don't help but hey, if you feel better doing it it may be theraputic, so, who am I to say not to.

The press release copied from pinelady's post:

quote:
http://www.ct.gov/ag/cwp/view.asp?A=2341&Q=459296

Press Release

Attorney General Statement On IDSA Guidelines Review Panel Report

April 22, 2010

``My office is reviewing the IDSA's reassessment of its 2006 Lyme disease guidelines mandated by its agreement with my office.

The IDSA agreed to review its Lyme disease guidelines after my office uncovered credible evidence of undisclosed conflicts of interest and other significant flaws in the process that produced the guidelines.

``We will carefully and comprehensively assess the final report and the review process leading to that report to determine whether the IDSA fulfilled the requirements of our settlement.''

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I should have come here first....I fired off an email to the address provided for me to the AG of Conecticutt's office.

I'll look around for a copy of the IDSA's report to the AG.

I would more likely believe the tincup as I have known that person on this net alot longer and my trust goes with the cup in most matters. Including this one.
zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey dmc...

HA! Your not being a pill. Not at all. In fact, I'll be sure to say so if you are!

[lol]

My guess is the urgency to make the calls and faxes are calming down. T I'm sure they got the message by now ... so if folks don't want to call now, that should be no problem.

Mission accomplished... but more reinforcement wouldn't hurt... so Tony Z... glad you made your voice heard too. It is never a waste.

I checked with those involved in the AG actions and no one that initiated it or worked through the process with the AG sent that email ... so my guess is it is someone else's personal opinion. (?)

That's all fine and dandy (we all have opinions)... just sad to think someone would be doing something (purposely or not?) to undermine the ongoing efforts.

And like Tony Zzzzzzzzzz.... I have to go with doing what is best for our community and get my input from those actually involved with the process ... those with legal minds, long-standing organizations, doctors, etc.

Then I hash their information over, check facts and 99% of the time they are on the money.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

dmc
Member # 5102

do you think the CT lyme people would have let the guidelines review panel held accountable on procedure regarding the settlement requirements.

I think NOT. CALDA, LDA, also wouldn't have let their own hard work just lay dormant either.

The press release came out on April 22nd-4 days ago.

Apparently we think we need to keep beating our distrust the IDSA into the CT Attorney General office. I'm sure they appreciate that.

Thank you notes would be better.

Remember the CT Attorney General first & foremost works for CT residents.

We are blessed he considers Lyme Disease important. 2 days ago Pinelady posted this. Could it be he rather have comments there than tie up the staff?

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/8/2304

quote:
As Attorney General, I've always listened to people and fought for what's right.

My goal has been to help the people of Connecticut with problems -- large or small.

My service has been about you!
Today I launched a new section on my website, dedicated to you.

Have you ever come to me or my office for help? Do you have a story to tell? Please share it with me on my website's "share your story" page. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

" target="_blank">http://richardblumenthal.com/[/QUOTE]

Thats my say...do what you want.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey dmc...

You said.. "do you think the CT lyme people would have let the guidelines review panel held accountable on procedure regarding the settlement requirements."

No, and that is why they wanted patients who were concerned to take action and make the contacts.... which is what happened.

You said.. "I think NOT. CALDA, LDA, also wouldn't have let their own hard work just lay dormant either."

RIGHT! And they were the ones that asked for help from the public so their work wouldn't "lay dormant".

I think we agree so not sure where the problem lies?

You said... "Apparently we think we need to keep beating our distrust the IDSA into the CT Attorney General office."

Did you actually read the reason posted above for the action? If not, please do. Maybe you would then understand why CT residents, LDA, CALDA and others took action and asked all of us to do the same.

You said... "Remember the CT Attorney General first & foremost works for CT residents."

Thank goodness he also listens to groups and individuals from NJ and CA .... or none of the actions against the IDSA would have been initiated or been possible.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement