LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » 27 Days to VOTE for Lyme Disease Funding!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 27 Days to VOTE for Lyme Disease Funding!!!
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Everyone,

I just found out that JP Morgan Chase just kicked off their community giving charity for this year.

How it works is that you go on Facebook and vote for the charity/organization that you would like to receive funding. People have 27 days to vote and at the end of that they see which organizations got the most votes and those are the ones that will receive funding. One charity will receive $250k, 4 runners-up will receive $100k and 195 others will receive $20k.

I typed in Lyme Disease and several organizations showed up. You can vote for more than one. I am fuzzy on the details but I think you get 20 votes? The ILADS is on there as well as the Lyme Disease Association and many many more.

Here is the link. I think you have to "Like" the page first etc and then it will allow you to vote.

http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommunityGiving?ref=ts

There are many organizations you can vote for...just type in Lyme Disease in the search and vote and you will see 5 pages or so of lyme groups you can vote for.

Let's get some Lyme Disease funding!!!

Take Care!

PS...here is the information about it on the actual JP Morgan Chase website for anyone that wanted to check into it. It is a legit contest.

http://investor.shareholder.com/jpmorganchase/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=477929

[ 06-15-2010, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Pam08 ]

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for posting this.

Is there any other way to vote other than Facebook?

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pam08
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19203

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pam08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately it doesn't look like there is another way to vote. I checked to see if there was as well and it looks like it is only on Facebook.

Hopefully we can still get lots of people to vote.

--------------------
Sick since 10/2001. Tested CDC positive for Lyme 10/2008 through Quest and Igenex. Started treatment 1/2009 with LLMD. Lyme, Erichilosis, Chlamydophila Pneumoniae, Q Fever, Strep Syndrome and probably a few others I am forgetting.

Posts: 451 | From Virginia | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing...It would help if some would

jump in and tell us which ones have the most

innovative ideas and need, etc...I don't know who

to vote for there are sooo many....Do you vote for the one closest to home---or the one's you know have put a lot into it??? Etc. Etc...

What is the Lyme Disease Inst. in Sikeston,MO?

I also do not want to vote for for any associated with the IDSA....

Can anyone help sort it out???

[ 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Pinelady ]

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to the site and "liked" it, when I click to vote, it kicks me out every time. I will keep trying, though.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement