LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Immediate petition signing needed to protect our healthy food and supplements!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Immediate petition signing needed to protect our healthy food and supplements!!
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The big-moneyed powers are at it again, this time to take away our right to clean, local, organic, independent and safe farming,

meaning no more organic family farms, home and community gardens, farmers' markets -

I don't know about you all, but we got a lot of that around here -

We can't afford to be asleep at the wheel -

Per an email I received from healthfreedomusa tonite:

A senate bill, S.510, that would forbid us from having healthy food, just took a turn for the worse, being marked up as noncontroversial in preparation to be passed through as a done deal in September.

Well, an attack on healthy food IS controversial and SHOULD be controversial and senators need to get the message that this situ AIN'T OK -

So here's what we need to do, and pass it along to other groups too:

go to: http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/568/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4613

and click on the Action Item link there.

Healthfreedomusa has written the push-back protest statement to go to our senators. All we have to do is fill in our zip code and click to send the message.

I'm registered at the www.healthfreedomusa site already. So I believe that those of you who are new to the site will need to register.

The time it takes to do that is a small price to pay for saving our food.

Thanks all -

[ 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
grandmother
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19908

Icon 1 posted      Profile for grandmother     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe this will be an extremely serious blow to Americans, if passed.

Please take the time to register and pass it on. Thank you.

Posts: 921 | From CT | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, grandmother, for understanding the seriousness of this bill to our food quality.

Everyone, I know we're all busy dealing with Lyme, but everyone needs to eat healthy too!

So take a little bit of your time to register, click on the alert alert to your senate reps, and pass the word on.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Just got an email again - they need everyone to tell our senators to put a hold on S510 so Congress doesn't ban our right to organically grown food, etc!!

Go to the above link, register at the www.healthfreedomusa.org site and sign their ready-made message to your senator.

Then spread this message in your networks.

The www.healthfreedomusa site has a lot of important info, including about the current push to get everyone to get the flu vaccine.

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
done. maybe put something in general support about this so more people will see it? It is very important.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snaps
Member # 25104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really important. thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Posts: 23 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx - really important! Just got another email today - urgent action needed - everyone needs to go to www.healthfreedomusa.org, click on red alert for the S510 food bill and sign the petition to hold the bill!

This bill will:

- close down family farms and organic farming
- end farmers' markets
- create a monopoly on industrialized food
- allow Codex to be implemented in the US (no or only low-level supplements, too low for our needs)

Sign the petition to tell your senators to hold S510 (ie do not pass it!) and then pass the word along to your friends and organization networks to do the same!

Note: if the above url doesn't go through, use this one: http://www.drrima.net/emergency-links.php

and click on the link under Action Items

In fact, send out both links just in case the second one is needed to get through -

thanks!

luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, I have not been to lymenet in so long and this morning I decided to come and I saw your post. I am a HUGE believer in poisonous, toxic, dead food as compromising our immune systems, morphing our insects into dangerous toxic bugs and causing most of the illnesses we see today.

Henry Kissinger said "He who controls the food, rules the world." I believe Monsanto, a chemical manufacturer of roundup and now in the food business with modified seeds is indeed seeking to control the food of the world.

They has a strong partner in Warren Buffett who supports 3 charities through the Bill Gates foundation. Those three are:
World Hunger
US Education
Better Access to Abortion

That sounds too close to population control to make me comfortable.

I believe I was led to come here today and see your post. I had no idea this bill was pending before congress and that it was considered "non-controversial". For heaven's sake, is that how they value the worth of a bill?

I will be sending my signature to all of my senators and representatives and I have plenty of organic, natural based friends who will do the same.

Thank you for posting.

Also,

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Thx Luvs! You just made my evening! This is serious. Sounds like you're ready to do something very useful right now, which is tell a lot of people you know and tell them to tell a lot of people they know, etc.

My sense is that this action right now is one of the most important ones we can take this week. There is a gigantic "push-back" going on right now and it is snowballing.

I just alerted my organic shopping store today and they're going to start on it tomorrow.

dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just posted this info to another site, hopefully more people will reply to their senators.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Americans are speaking up by the millions now, to protect our healthy food. As a result, a key senator, Sen Tom Coburn (OK) is opposing the bill, which will help to stop it, so I'm learning.

The other bill, S3767, which would criminalize those who sell supplements (!) isn't doing very well, understandably.

I think we need to understand that all this goes together - a corporate agenda to profit at our expense, whether it be access to healthy food and nutritional supplements, questioning the agenda for the mass flu shot or negligence re Lyme disease - a main question is: who profits?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement