LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Under Our Skin is on Netflix NOW!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Under Our Skin is on Netflix NOW!
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if this is old news by now - but wanted to share the news just in case...!!

Last night as I was scrolling thru Netflix (online via my Wii console) - I almost started screaming with the giddy excitement of a little girl ...

"Under Our Skin" is on Netflix!!!

I was SO thrilled.... Yet it was bittersweet - - because everyone else in my house slept thru this most exciting moment since it was 3 am....

I mean GEEZ Who would've ever anticipated seeing a Lyme disease documentary listed under NEW ARRIVALS sitting
next to a mainstream movie?!? Who would've thunk it?

Just realizing this movie would now be available for ALL THE WORLD to see! (the world with a Netflix acct..) - well I confess - I peed on myself a little ... Ok, a little more than I normally do...

What a wonderful tool this is to help friends & family - the ones you may still be talking to - they can FINALLY have a better understanding of the quality of life, or rather lack of, that we poor lymebrains lead!

((Maybe NOW my inlaws will embrace me as the strong, long-suffering sickly yet superb superwoman that I really am instead of the whiny, lazy*** haggard ol hypochondriac they
�see me as now!! YES, I'm a woman with big dreams!))

For those without a Netflix account - you can sign up & get the 1st month FREE to try it out!

My understanding is that right now Netflix doesn't have the actual DVDs available yet; BUT we can watch it INSTANTLY streaming to computer, or TV via internet-connection, or thru iPhone/iPad. It don't get no better than FREE and INSTANTLY, right?

I am truly thrilled-to-the-bone about this because this (theoretically) puts OUR reality with this disease - OUR STORIES - and not just the theories of 2 medical factions battling like David & Goliath - our actual experiences can finally be heard by millions!!

Now the TRUTH can reach the general population AND other medical peeps cuz Netflix has a bigger audience than the IDSA! Yee-haw!!

THANK GOD!!!

And THANK YOU --THANK YOU to Open Eye Production, Netflix, and all the weary yet courageous souls who shared their stories for the film.

Now don't forget to call your in-laws!

Hugs & Kisses,

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that really YOU? Really really really? WOW!

Long time no see! Welcome back! And especially coming here with good news!

[hi]

Nice to know it is on Netflix for sure now! And better yet, nice to know your inlaws will embrace you as the strong, long-suffering sickly yet superb superwoman that you really are!

Love it!

Good to see you Dr. W.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyed your post here! You're very lively!

Wanted to add that my dentist today mentioned that he saw the film was available on Netflix, but wasn't sure that he wanted to watch a horror film!

So I gently described to him what was in it, and that our folks were admirable and likeable, etc!
And also we know that many of them have improved, like Dana is much better, and I think Mandy is headed towards nursing school.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you, Dr. Wiseass, for the update and good news!!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PreferLemons
Member # 32037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PreferLemons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings All,
Glad I found a thread where I can say a few things about this movie...watched it on my netflix free trial by the way! yay!

I fell in love with Mandy and was heartbroken to learn that ...oh ooops...hmmm, thinkin' maybe I shouldn't give away the ending. Hate it when people do that...ok, so...this movie is soooooo well done. I wanted to stand and applaud when it was over. Although, I was soooooo sad and livid...new word - slivid...AND THE slivid slimey lyme award goes to THE GUIDELINE AUTHORS!!!! SHAME ON THEM!!! Dr. Jones - I could just kiss his cheeks and hug him real tight. So many good people...hurting...my heart is full and I'm starting to feel shaky. Take care all - ~Peace~

Posts: 33 | From ohio | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can see your emotions here, prefer - breathe! Can you just imagine what Andy and crew went through making it? The more you work with it, the more you see.

I can tell you're going to be a good Lymebassador for this film!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crx
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 32128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to say this.. but that has got to be the most ridiculous documentary I have ever watched!
Posts: 129 | From West | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymecap
Member # 31307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymecap   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was unable to post about this at a site that I had heard from about the removal of "Under our Skin" not being shown in our area. Just wanted to let those know that in the NY/NJ/PA area there are 3 stations I sent to attached email/programming inquiry to: Channel 13, NY, Whyy Philly & NJN Public tv in Trenton NJ

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please reconsider scheduling " Under Our Skin" a documentary about Lyme Disease Iheard the news that the WORLD channel

(programmed through Boston's WGBH) decided to pull the film
which had
been scheduled in a number of places around the
country on June 2nd and 3rd.
There has been some
speculation circulating that this might have been due to pressure from the (IDSA) Infectious Disease Society of America's influence. For whatever reason it was pulled and not shown, I personally would like to see it as well as would many suffering with Lyme. Thanks for your attention to this matter.

[PDF]
Program Grid
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
UNDER OUR SKIN: A. HEALTH CARE. NIGHTMARE #0. BAD BLOOD: A. CAUTIONARY TALE #0. NEWSLINE #2039. JOURNAL #7109. BAD BLOOD: A. CAUTIONARY TALE #0 ...
www.whyy.org/tv12/dtv123.pdf but this link is unclickable, goes nowhere.

I have never used Netflix, but hope to soon! CP

Posts: 12 | From Ocean County, NJ | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crx.. maybe you're on the wrong board?

++++++++++

Dr WA .. can't believe it's YOU .. how ARE you doing?? [Cool]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PreferLemons
Member # 32037

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PreferLemons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow...I would be soooo interested in knowing why you feel that way CRX. Please explain.
Posts: 33 | From ohio | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement