LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » PLEASE CHECK OUT DR JONES 6/21 UPDATE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: PLEASE CHECK OUT DR JONES 6/21 UPDATE
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whaddya gotta do around here to get some attention?

Maybe no one responded to the update because you are all at Dr. Jones' hearing today.

Maybe you're all busy calling your friends asking them to contribute to Dr. Jones' Legal Defense Fund.

Maybe you're all so mad about Dr. Jemsek's hearing and the upcoming IDSA guidelines that you got distracted from Dr. Jones for a moment.

Or, maybe you did read the update and were dumbstruck that there are not now enough fiunds for Dr. Jones to have the legal representation he needs to protect his medical license.

The situation is extremely serious. Please contact everyone you know to contribute to the Dr. Charles Ray Jones Legal Defense Fund. www.DefendLymeDoctors.com has all the information you need about how to contribute.

And please respond to these posts so I know someone is listening.

I'm getting a complex here.
Thanks,
Ellen

--------------------

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening Ellen, thank you for all you do. I tried to reply to your posts on lyme-aid also but my post don't go through.

This shouldn't be happening to any of our LLMDS.

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ellen,

For your info -- a quirk as to how this board operates

When you edit a post it does not change the date of the last post -- the post does not show as unread to others.

Suggestion -- like idea of keeping current info at the top -- but ALSO add a reply at the bottom of the thread so the date will be updated and the post will show as unread when people log on.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up to the top.

If everyone could send in just a few dollars it would all add up. This is serious please help Dr. jones and all the children with Lyme Disease

Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm listening, Ellenlu!!!

Hi, Beverly! Glad to see you around again!!!

I was at the Hearing yesterday. Gave Dr. J a big hug afterwards. It was a muggy and hot day and the air-conditioning was not working well. The small room was filled with ~150 people. We all stayed to the end which was after 4 pm.

I AM ****ED as all **** this is happening to this man.....

It SHOULDN'T be happening at ALL.

Bogus.

Political bogus...

'They' have ears but do not hear.

People.......Dr. Jones NEEDS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are you?

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any residents of the State of Connecticut met with state legislators to lobby on behalf of Dr. Jones? A lesson I have learned after working in the government for far too long is to take a page from the playbook of causes that have been successful in lobbying: breast cancer, HIV/AIDS.... There is power in numbers, and not just numbers of dollars (though that does seem to work very very well).

Just a thought.....

Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
docjen, I don't know if this will answer your question but there was evidence brought up by Jone's attorney with the Attorney General Blumenthal in support.

We have always been fortunate to know Attorney General Blumenthal understands and supports Lyme disease treatment by LLMDs.

Be sure, all the stops have been pulled and we are doing our best....

BUT, his legal funds are depleted......This is a HUGE, HUGE expense and since it is NOT considered malpractice, is not covered by anything other than personal funds.

docjen
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for docjen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great that the Attorney General is supportive. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't all doing your best. Just offering a suggestion....

Good luck!

Posts: 393 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this is clearly political, I don't think we should be ignoring the politicians in the state. They need to know this is going on and what the effect will be on children with lyme in the state.

We should not be waiting around for justice to be done in a kangaroo court.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent an additional donation and I urge all of us to do the same. We can't have Dr. Jones also have a negative ruling. Be well.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymesux
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymesux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sent what i could and read posts - this whole situation makes me so angry. [Mad]
Posts: 799 | From home | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sizzled, nice to see you too. Thank you for letting us know about the hearing.

This situation makes me very angry too, we need Dr. Jones....we can't loose him. We need you too Ellenlu..

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Docjen, I took no offense. I opologize if I sounded like I did.

My angst is directed toward what should NOT be taking place.

If you heard the crap the 'other' side was spewing against Dr. J......

!@#$%^&*()__)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_(*&^%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, I'm glad you mentioned this as I learned the hard way years ago when I EDITED things, no one knew it since it was NOT A REPLY.

So when I update my 4-20-06 new LLMD summary & lab test results, I make sure I post a new reply saying something has been added to the TOP of the entire post. Saves everyone time in finding the NEW vs. the old!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the top!
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henson2
Member # 463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for henson2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm reading this now -- I thought because it said 6/21 that it contained info before the last Hearing date, and thus no longer up to date.

Glad that I clicked on it!!

I sent something in... wish I were a millionaire and could send more.... It makes me sad to read that he's going through so much.

I keep thinking about that 19th century Dr. who was chased out of Vienna because he tried to tell the medical community that washing hands between deliveries decreased the number of fatal infections to mother and baby.... seems like we are still in the Dark Ages now.

Thank you Ellen for all of your hard work. It is much appreciated by many!

If we all send in a little, it will add up

Posts: 1066 | From East Coast | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Up to the top. This was on the 2nd page.

Hesnson.. ."If we all send in a little, it will add up "

This is so true. We all need to send what we can. Even if it is a small amount it will add up. This is serious. What would we do without Dr. Jones?

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about forming a "Lyme Gray" group of grandparents and other concerned older types who take it upon themselves to help protect the younger generation by raising funds for Dr. Jones?

Maybe starting with a group of activists who have already had some fundraising experience for Lyme events and therefore have leads for other members and prospective donors. Ideally they would also live near Dr. Jones' area in CT, NY, etc.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement