LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » protest photos

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: protest photos
savebabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to www.lohud.com and check out daily photos. You will see us protesting! Great rally everyone!
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see them [Frown]
Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for savebabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hit daily photos and hit next. They are on page 2.
Posts: 1603 | From ny | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary J
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a direct link:

http://jukebox.lohud.com/photos/index.php?date=2006-11-30§ion=daily&offset=60

Posts: 267 | From Abbotsford BC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link. You can guess which picture is me!
hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hats, was that you in COWBOY hat? I thought that was our TEXAN WISE BUTT!!

who are others there, their SCREEN NAMES if you can ID any of them.

Blond at podium is Pat Smith correct? thx [group hug] [kiss]

Some signs were outstanding at showing up; others I can't see much at all. I know how HARD and timeconsuming they were to you all! [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pics! I thank all of you who made the effort to be there to represent those of us who couldn't be.

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in a Western sort of hat but not quite Cowgirl. I had a huge silk scarf in Lyme Green of course. In my picture I'm bending over working on the signs.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
savebabe
Member # 9847

I am the one protesting on the road wearing a grey sweatshirt holding a sign saying "Chronic Lyme Kills". It was a great rally! Thanks everyone for pulling together.
Lioness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lioness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great signs!

Thank you everyone!!!

Posts: 240 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Babe and Hats, thanks for IDing yourselves in the photos; now I'll try to visualize your faces as we type online here! GREAT photos of you 2!!

Is TINCUP in any of these? would love to see her even without the DUCK HAT! [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

Hats, BIG THANKS for pointing out who is who. Mo was easy to find, but Carol/cobweb wasn't to my naked eye. Finally saw someone sitting down but could not read the sign at all.

I look forward to your photos, and IF POSSIBLE, can you put any of the LYMENET NICKNAMES under the photos so we can visualize them when we speak to them from this day forwad IF possible and not so much work to you?! Big thank you! [group hug] [kiss]

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Oh Dear, It occurred to me that some people may not want their pictures matched to their screen names. So I've deleted my post that identified a few people.

I guess the best thing is for each person to identify themself if they are comfortable doing so. Alternatively they could send a pm letting their individual LymeNet buddies know who they are.

I wish I'd met Dr Butt at the rally, would have loved a photo of us together. Those boots are the best.
hats

Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GEEZE Hats.. You didn't get to meet Dr. Butthead?

And all day you were sitting so close to each other! Wish I would have known.

Has anyone heard from her by the way?

Did she get home safely to Texas?

And.. while we are at it...

Has anyone heard from Lymetutu and the other big old corn fed mules from Missouri? The weather there has been awful.. electric still out for days now.. so I am worried about them.

Any news?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC, she posted that once when I stated how blessed you all were to have 60 degree weather.

Iowa was 20 with ZERO WINDCHILL; she commented Missouri was getting 12". She did post a BD greeting for someone last night around midnight! [Wink]

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many more photos now at:

http://lymenews.org/html/protest_news.html

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DR. Wiseass
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DR. Wiseass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Wisebutthead' here. Thanks, TC -- you are the sweetest thang!

Hats -- sorry we didn't meet. I'll have to go back and look thru pics again and look for you. There were several with green hats on.

I was happy to meet all the Lymenetters I did -- so good to be able to put names & faces together!

I was so embarassed -- when I got back to hotel after rally, my cowgirl hat had been so beat up by the wind that I looked like TC had put it on my head. I looked like a total idiot.

Also - just FYI - any pics of me adds about 40 pounds to my face & hips. Just so you know... A couple of pics make it look like I've got a wad of chewing 'tobaccy' in my jaws. Nope. Allow me to put that nasty rumor to rest. It's just fat.

I have a pic of me & TC that I'll upload somewhere when I figure out how to upload at all. I'm not a good photographer nor am I photogenic so I don't even know why I own a @#$% camera!

By the way - did anyone on the bus see my partial 'mooning' of you all as I got ready to leave? Please know it was a mooning of love....and just be thankful it was too cold for this Texas gal to show my drawers or anything more! You lucky folks!

Just got back home yesterday with my daughter -- she's the blonde beauty that is usually near me in photos. She looks 16, but is significantly younger. Her sign said: "Kids are not IDSA Lab Rats".

She & I went and experienced a bit of NYC for a couple of days after the rally. She has a good mind. If it had not been for her, I'd still be wandering around Time Square asking things like: "Where's the subway? "What the @#$% street am I on right now?" and "Sir, will you give me a piggy back ride to the E train?"

It was a good rally - glad we got to go; am totally exhausted and have far too many emails to answer...which I might just ignore because I'm too tired. Is that rude?

Hugs & [kiss]

--------------------
DR. Wiseass
NOT a real doc - just a real wise  -
 -

Posts: 792 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

fighter, thanks for update on MORE PHOTOS from the 1st person, Lynn?, 86 photos; great close-ups here and there.

Loved the closeups of ALL SIGNS; LOVED the USA sign ... so detailed; very timeconsuming to do.

Thanks for sharing with us all. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement