LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » WEDNESDAY- KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THE WORM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WEDNESDAY- KEEP THE PRESSURE ON THE WORM
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are NOT going away! We mean business!

JUST NOW GOT AN URGENT NOTE- MUST BE DONE WEDNESDAY!!! LOOKS LIKE THE HOUSE IS GOING TO END TOMORROW!!!

plus.. down below... ANOTHER ACTION TO DO ON WEDNESDAY!

CALL your (1) US House Representative in their DC office only (if you already called, call again).

Tell them to sign NOW the Member Letter about the Lyme disease guidelines by Congressman Christopher Smith (NJ). Tell them the guidelines hurt you!

To find your Congressman:

http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/

Thanks!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

PLEASE ask everyone you know to do this also.

Please take time to make this follow up call to Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College and urge others to do the same. It was very successful in getting our message across on the day of the Protest.. and we need to let them know we are NOT going away and we mean business! THANKS!

Call In to Westchester/NY Medical College-

The Lyme Rights Group would like you to make calls again on Wednesday, December 6 to Westchester Medical Center and New York Medical College. This is a follow up to calls made on rally day.

Instructions:

We are asking that Lyme patients across the country make some very important phone calls of support.
PLEASE CALL the following administrators who are in positions of authority over Drs. Raymond Dattwyler, Robert Nadelman, and Gary Wormser, the three Guidelines authors whom we are protesting.

PEOPLE TO CALL:

1) Ralph A. O'Connell, M.D.
Acting President and Provost & Dean of NY Medical College (914) 594-4600

2) Susan A. Kline, M.D.
Vice Provost, University Student Affairs & Executive Vice Dean, Academic Affairs
(914) 594-4500

3) Michael Israel
President and CEO Westchester Medical Center (914)-493-7017

WHAT TO SAY POLITELY:

1) Say that you suffer from Lyme disease and that there are 3 doctors employed at the Westchester Medical Center & NY Medical College who have published guidelines that will cut off thousands of patients from necessary medical treatment. (Again, the names of those employees are Dr. Raymond Dattwyler, Dr. Robert Nadelman and Dr. Gary Wormser.)

2) Ask that they, as administrators in positions of power, intervene with these doctors on behalf of people who are desperately ill.

3) Please be polite. This is critically important, because we are asking for their help.

WHEN TO CALL- BY THE TIME ZONE IN WHICH YOU LIVE

Eastern time zone (call 11AM Eastern Time)

Central Time Zone (call 11AM Central Time)

Mountain Time Zone (call 11AM Mountain Time)

Pacific Time Zone (call 11AM Pacific Time)

In order to make sure the calls are spread out, we are asking people to call according to the above schedule.

If you can't call in your time slot for some reason, go ahead and call anyway.

THANK YOU!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about writing a letter of protest to each of these people? Instead of making calls?

--------------------
nan

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I supposed to call AT 11 o'clock or BY 11 o'clock. In other words-can I call at 10 o'clock?
Eastern Time Zone
Carol B

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imanurse
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imanurse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer writing letters. I tried to call last time and the mailbox was full. I think that a letter would be more likely to get their attention because you have a chance to make your objections known in greater detail.

ANY action from anyone is helpful. I think you should just do what you feel most comfortable with.

--------------------
**Eat Chocolate**

Posts: 942 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DONE!! Hope it helps... [Smile]

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
each time I called I was transfered to the PR's voicemail and it makes you wonder where those messages are really going to go...

the people you have listed were 'not in' and each time I was transfered to the PR's voicemail...did this happen to everyone?..I wonder if anyone there will relay these messages?...

--------------------
~Things may happen in my life time to change who I am but I refuse to let them reduce me...~

Posts: 968 | From private | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.. they get them and WILL hear messages... so do call!

Thanks for taking time to do it.

As for letters. Sounds good at first.. but I would NOT do it until instructed to... for a variety of reasons. And I am usually the one to jump on stuff.. and feel maybe not this time??

Maybe wait till "big minds" review that idea and get back to us?

Could possibly cause problems for a number of folks??

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement