LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Dr. Jones Hearing Jan 18th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Jones Hearing Jan 18th
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I received the following info about the next hearings. I'll be driving from Boston on the 18th and can fit a few more people.
hats

1. Hearing session scheduled for Thursday, January 18th: This will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Dept. of Public Health Complex, 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT, Conference Room C in Building 470. The room holds 100 people (note that this is a different location than where the last several have been held, but is nearby);

2. Hearing session scheduled for Thursday January 25th: This session also will begin at 9:00 a.m. Location to be determined. We should know this by mid-week. Please watch for more information.

CRITICAL DEVELOPMENTS IN DR. JONES' CASE:

The Connecticut Medical Board has stepped up its assault on Dr. Jones: they have dug up additional cases which involve divorced or estranged parents fighting over their kids' medical care, and want to add them at this late date to the current charges. The Board also is bringing the father in from Nevada, in the hopes of discrediting his ex-wife, who is the mother of the two children in the current case. It is likely he will try to paint a Munchausen-type picture of her, to negate the powerful testimony that she gave during her appearance at the hearing.

In response to these developments, it is time for the Lyme community to mount a powerful, visible, vocal, yet respectful response. The Connecticut Medical Board (and the Department of Public Health) must hear that Dr. Jones has been a highly valued practitioner whose dedication and expertise with pediatric Lyme disease has been a blessing and a lifesaver to thousands of children and their families.

It is critically important to support Dr. Jones not only because of his direct contributions to children with tick-borne disease and their families. If the CMB is allowed to prevail, it will pave the way for similar charges to be brought against other physicians who treat Lyme comprehensively in Connecticut and, ultimately, elsewhere. This situation, together with the recent publication of the newly revised, draconian IDSA guidelines, poses another direct threat to availability of appropriate care and patients' right to informed consent in the area of tick-borne disease. The Lyme community must express a unified, coherent and powerful message regarding our presence and determination with regard to these issues.

WHAT TO DO:

1. Attend one or both of the upcoming sessions: Offer rides and organize carpools. Bring your family and friends, as well as your children. Some of us who have helped to publicize the previous sessions are going to be away on one or more of the next two hearing dates. This, together with the uncertainty of winter weather conditions, increases our concern about ensuring strong attendance at these next two sessions.

2. Media Coverage: We are now seeking as much media coverage as possible for these hearings - newspapers, TV, etc. Is this an arena that you or anyone you know could help with? Please come forward if you do. Your ideas and contacts are vital!

3. Help to spread the word: Please do what you can to support Dr. Jones and to get the word out that attendance is more crucial than ever, etc.

4. Formal Protest: Some of us are investigating the possibility of a formal, indoor demonstration at one or both of the hearings. This is complicated and time is short, however. We are awaiting word regarding the legal requirements, including a permit. In the meantime, please plan to attend the hearings themselves - if we pack the room and overflow into the hallway, this will serve as an informal, de facto demonstration. Wear comfortable shoes, bring chairs and healthy snacks, just in case.

5. Donations to Dr. Jones' Legal Defense Fund: The cost of Dr. Jones' legal defense has been astronomical. We are lucky that Dr. Jones has promised that he won't quit, and is determined to defend both his license and the right to treat Lyme comprehensively. This could entail a lengthy appeal process and even wind up in civil court. If we want him to prevail, we must remember that his fight is our fight: this is about much more than one physician's medical license.

To donate to the Charles Ray Jones, M.D. Legal Defense Fund, please go to http://www.lymesite.com/Dr-Jones_please_send_a_contribution_to_th.htm

For information on current/ongoing fundraisers for Dr. Jones' legal defense fund, go to http://www.lymesite.com/LLMD_FUNDRAISER.htm

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks hats for posting! [group hug] [kiss]

i'll copy this link and send to my personal LYME LIST of folks as a reminder, and to those just joining my list!

my heart supports dr. jones/ALL OF YOU ABLE TO ATTEND 1 of both hearings. i'm unable to since my hip is bone on bone. trying to move up my jan. 30 hip surgeon consult so i can get surgery scheduled/OVER! i can't stand this unbearable pain 24/7. [Mad]

for those who can NOT afford to send money for his defense fund nor attend, you can afford this:

FREE PRAYERS for dr. jones that conn. health dept. will find him innocent and these charges be dropped one and for all!

i'm sure the above links has dr. jones address; i know he'd love a postcard or letter or card telling him HE IS IN THOUGHTS/PRAYERS/how much he helped get your child's health back.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you, H&S!

Does anyone know the weather update for Thursday yet in the Ct./NY area?

TIA!

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
www.weather.com

www.google.com to find CT newspapers, CT tv stations etc.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank-you, FightFireWithWater!
Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you HATS!!!

You are a dear!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very decent weather forecast for this Thursday's hearing: mostly sunny, 38 degrees high, zero chance of precipitation!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news Fight.. thanks!

Shame on MY weather man!!! All of January has been VERY nice compared to normal. In the 60's, and even 70's a few days. A lot of rain.. but it sure beats the "s" word.

BUT.. MY weather man just said the big "s" word.. and added on ice too. And only for the area where i live and the area I have to drive to/from to get to the train station!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

So it looks like I'm grounded. BUT...

I will be focusing on press and such.. all this week!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from tincup...

posted 16-01-2007 03:23 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got about a dozen or more newspapers contacted last night before dropping off the chair.. sound asleep!

Can you drop some of them a note? The more the merrier.

Here is one of the letters I wrote.. not all were the same. I am writing to ask them to cover the events up there... NOT a letter to the editor to be published.

http://www.50states.com/news/conn.htm

Newspapers to contact.

```````````````````````````````````````

One of mine for a sample...

A doctor representing the Infectious Disease Society of America's way of treating Lyme Disease has testified against a wonderful CT doctor, Dr. Charles Ray Jones, who has successfully treated over 10,000 children suffering from chronic Lyme and other tick borne diseases.

Mothers, fathers, children and outraged chronically ill patients will be coming, once again, from across the country to protest this witch hunt.

The case involves a mother with two children who Dr. Jones made better.. NOT worse. And he is being punished for it. If he doesn't get help and if the medical board doesn't stop this nightmare they are putting us all through.. a good man will be made to suffer more... and the kids he loves will be destroyed.

A new "twist" - Just recently the CT Attorney General announced he has launched an investigation into the Infectious Disease Society of America's LYME DISEASE TREATMENT GUIDELINES! They are investigating possible antitrust violations, monopolization, and exclusionary conduct related to the development of these guidelines!

These are the guidelines the Medical Board expects Dr. Jones to follow. These guidelines have been destroying peoples lives for YEARS.. perhaps one reason he won't restrict treatment for "his kids" and adhere to them?

His oath was to "first, do no harm". He treats children to make them better and try to cure them... and won't leave them to suffer because a HIGHLY questionable medical group has vested interests which are compromised or threatened by what he is doing.

MANY children will loose the ONLY doctor who is willing to help them if he goes down. He "fixes" these kids after they have suffered at the hands of doctors who followed the IDSA guidelines or doctors who just weren't smart enough to properly diagnose and treat these children.

I am a volunteer who has worked for 20 years trying to help chronically ill Lyme patients. I've sent several thousand of these sick children to Dr. Jones myself. NEVER have I had a complaint about him or his staff.. EVER! The kids adore him! His motto is, "No child is turned away". If they can't afford treatment, he pays for the lab tests and donations cover the cost of medicine.

Will you.. CAN you... be there to present an unbiased view of this story? I have come on a 3 day train trip (one day up, stay a day, and one day back) to be there 6 times already for these hearings in support of Dr. Jones. Can you PLEASE help him?

I am chronically ill and totally disabled myself because I wasn't lucky enough to have a "Dr. Jones" helping me... and with the cold weather, dark days (legally blind from the Lyme disease) and my Lyme flare.. I may not be able to get there this time.

The hearing session is scheduled for Thursday, January 18th. It will begin at 9:00 a.m. at the Dept. of Public Health Complex, 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT, Conference Room C in Building 470.

I hope you will be the one to make a difference. I will volunteer to provide any documentation you may need to do the story. I have over 3,500 Lyme disease files here.. and I am at your service! If you are unable to be there.. please find someone who can help. And bless your heart.

Thank you!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````

BUT.. a simple question to them with facts would be all that is necessary.... such as-

````````````````````````````````````````````````

Are you covering the Dr. Jones hearing Thursday?

Thursday, January 18th, 9:00 a.m. at the Dept. of Public Health Complex, 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, CT, Conference Room C in Building 470.

Information on hearings found here-

http://www.lymesite.com:80/Dr_Jones_hearing_dates_directions.htm
````````````````````````````````````````````````

From the kids.. THANK YOU!!!

posted 17-01-2007 12:18 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here are the newspapers i sent tincup's short blurb to early am; i've shown the ones i did in the COMPLETE LIST OF NEWSPAPERS AT BOTTOM.

I'LL ADD YOUR CITY/NEWSPAPER TO MY LIST HERE SO WE CAN SEE WHO STILL NEEDS TO SEND TO:

NEW HAVEN:

Business Times
Register
Yale daily news
yale herald

HARTFORD - hartford courant

MANCHESTER - journal inquiries

besides tincup, who else have sent these to WHAT SPECIFIC CITIES & NEWSPAPERS?

WOULD YOU SHOW WHO YOU SENT TO

OR GOING TO SEND TODAY TO on THIS POST?

this way we can hopefully split up the rest so ALL NEWSPAPERS are sent this info from tincup.

tincup, thanks for making it easy for us showing all the newspaper links.

some were very hard to find the CONTACT US link; we've got to be creative on some of them!

i'll come back later and see what newspaper hHave been sent this info before i start again.

here's the list of newspapers tincup supplied:

Connecticut Newspapers

The Advocate [Stamford]
Bloomfield Journal [Bristol]
The Branford Review [Guilford]
The Bristol Press [Bristol]
The Brookfield Journal [New Milford]

DONE --- Business Times [New Haven]

The Chronicle [Willimantic]

Clinton Recorder [Guilford]

The Commercial Record [South Windsor]

Connecticut Jewish Ledger [West Hartford]

Connecticut Post [Bridgeport]

The Day [New London]

East Hartford Gazette [East Hartford]

East Haven Advertiser [Milford]

Fairfield Citizen-News [Fairfield]

Fairfield County Weekly [Stamford]

Fairfield Minuteman [Fairfield]

Greenwich Time [Greenwich]

Hartford Advocate [Hartford ]

Hartford Business Journal [Hartford ]

DONE -- Hartford Courant [Hartford ]

Hometown Publications [Moodus]

The Hour [Norwalk]

Journal Inquirer [Manchester]

Kent Dispatch [Kent]

Litchfield Enquirer [Litchfield]

The Middletown Press [Middletown]

New Britain Herald [New Britain]

betty note: i could NOT find any contact us link for this one! New Haven Advocate [New Haven]

DONE -- New Haven Register [New Haven]

The New London Day [New London]

New Milford Times [New Milford]

Newington Town Crier [Bristol]

Newtown Bee [Newtown ]

The News-Times [Danbury]

Pictorial-Gazette [Guilford]

Record-Journal [Meriden]

Redding Pilot [Redding]

Regional Standard [Guilford]

The Register Citizen [Torrington]

Reminder [Vernon]

Ridgefield Press [Ridgefield]

Rocky Hill Post [Bristol]

Shore Line Times [Guilford]

The Spectrum [New Milford]

Stonington Intelligencer [Stonington]

Valley News [Bristol]

Voices News [Southbury]

Waterbury Republican-American [Waterbury]

West Hartford News [Bristol]

West Haven Voice [West Haven]

Westport Minuteman [Westport]

Weston Forum [Weston]

Wethersfield Post [Bristol]

Wilton Bulletin [Wilton]

Windsor Journal [Bristol]

Windsor Locks Journal [Bristol]

DONE -- Yale Daily News [New Haven]

DONE -- Yale Herald [New Haven]

[ 17. January 2007, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'll be LOGGING OFF shortly, so won't be able to add people's names showing who has done what.

make sure you read all replies below this post; no one responded to my above detailed post. [Big Grin]

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Tin, Sorry to hear about the unfriendly weather forecast in your neck of the woods. Stay safe. Ice is treacherous for sure. So glad that you are devoting your time to contacting the media.

BTW, I was told by a newspaper editor that they would be interested in running a story on the hearing, but through the eyes of local Lyme patients. Contact your local paper, CTites!

--------------------

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 7 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A message for Dr. Jones: Please know that I will be holding you in my heart tomorrow, as always.
Thank you for being who you are. It is a privilege to have you in my life as a shining exemplar of integrity and courage and compassion and skill.

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hearing for Dr. Jones tomorrow (January 18, 2007) has been CANCELLED!!!

DO NOT GO!

Attorney sick... and they just let us know!!!

PLEASE wake folks up NOW if you know they are going so no one makes the trip!!!

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

Update will follow when more is known!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement