LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » URGENT ! WI. LLMD Under Assault !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: URGENT ! WI. LLMD Under Assault !
NP40
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

I received news today that the state of WI. medical board is investigating Dr. Hoffmann MD for his lyme treatment protocol's. Those of you that don't know him he treats according to ILADS guidelines. Doc has treated for many years up here and successfully I might add. Apparently, one patient filed a complaint some time ago.

The state is possibly offering him a chance at avoiding a medical board proceeding if he essentially adheres to IDSA lyme treatment guidelines. Doc basically told them to "stick it". He would never abandon his patients. Doc has saved countless lives and people from a lifetime of agony.

He takes all comers, no child is refused and even those in severe chronic states are treated by Doc to at least restore some semblance of normalacy to their lives.

He carries an enormous patient load and charges so little for office visits that it defies belief he remains in business. People come from all over to be treated by Doc. Some staying at his little town's motel the previous night so they don't miss an early morning appointment. If their not feeling well, Doc will just go to the motel and see them.

The people in his little town think the world of Doc and he's treated most of them as it's an endemic area. He'll often walk across the street just to say "hi" to folks he knows and everybody in town recognizes Doc's old pickup truck.

Doc also saved my son's life when the rest of the "mainstream" medical establishment abandoned him.

We're taking a different tack here in WI. in assisting Doc. We'll be calling, faxing, e-mailing the lead investigator's office. We'll be calling our state representatives demanding that he be allowed to treat. We do not want this to get to a hearing. Their essentially kangaroo courts where it's rigged against lyme doc's.

If the state of WI. wants to abandon scores of extremely ill people to a lifetime of misery and early death then by God we'll go down yelling, kicking and screaming ! Frankly, I've had enough of this bulls*** !

Not only are we going to light up the switchboard but we're going to demand that our representatives adopt legislation protecting doctor's ! NOW !

The lead investigator on Dr. Hoffmann's case is Arthur Thexton. Wouldn't you know it, Ol' Art is buddy-buddy with Stephen Barrett and Robert Baratz from Quackwatch ! You can read all about it here:
http://biorenew.com/01_07_03_quackbusters_newest_victim__wisconsin__

I have authorization to disseminate the following info besides the fact Arthur Thexton is a public servant and paid by WI. taxpayers. The following info is public knowledge.

WI. Dept. of Regulation and Licensing - Arthur Thexton
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 608-266-9814
Fax: 608-266-2264

You can contact WI. state representatives here:
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/leginfo/contact/EmailDirectory.aspx?house=assembly

Everyone needs to do this. Please be respectful but firm when contacting Mr. Thexton's office. Wisconsin folks have assisted other state initiatives and we humbly ask for your help in our endeavor. Mentioning the difficulty in getting a diagnosis/treatment and then how long-term abx helped you would be a great help.

I've faxed my letter already pointing out the investigation of IDSA guidelines, etc. I also mentioned that a couple thousand lymies would probably be in touch.

Not one more child thrown into a lifetime of misery !
Not one more dedicated doctor kicked out of practice !
Not one more !
Not.............

Please keep this thread bumped to the top for a few days and by all means disseminate to your various groups.

I'm fed up and I want you to be fed up with me !

Call.
Fax.

God Bless.
-Mike

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mike, sorry to read this; i BCCed 60-70 on my lyme list and sent it promptly tonight!

glad you folks developed your own plan; best wishes with it. i'll do what i can.

i've got to get my wellmark bcbs APPEAL typed and all denials copied and mailed to them FIRST! plus copy the ATTORNEY from iowa's insurance commission so they can jump all over them again. [cussing]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
firecop1066
Member # 6920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for firecop1066     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im here...
Ill do what ever I can i cried as I read the news as god knows he save my life, my husbads and my marraige!!!! Let me know what to do where to go Ill be there...will get started on letter right away.....how dare they even think of messing with him.....Jill

Posts: 83 | From Northern Illinois | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike-

sorry to hear this news- and good for you for coming out swinging. i'm sending you a PM with several thoughts.

dilly

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
: MIKE REQUEST I/OTHERS POST THIS FOR HIM, so i will now!

from Bettyg: last night i sent you all mike's 1st email about this. he showed a BAD link about dr. hoffman; it WAS a paid advertisement instead. thx to mary and noralyn for alerting me to this! So again, ignore the link above about dr. hoffman!

Mike wrote: 5-12-07

Please call or fax the Wisc. Dept. of Justice {State Attorney General's Office} and ask them

why their not investigating the IDSA lyme guidelines {like the CT. Attorney General is doing} and

why the Dept. of Regulation is trying to revoke the license of Dr. Hoffmann whose patients would parish without his expert care.

WI. Dept. of Justice 608-266-1221Fax 608-267-2779
Please post this in my thread at flash.lymenet.org so folks from around the country can call as well.

I have to go to work for a while, I'll be back on the puter later this afternoon.

Keep contacting your legislators and Arthur Thexton's office and the State AG's office.

My inbox was jammed packed this morning, the response was overwhelming .

People are irate that Dr. Hoffmann is going through this. I've had offers of help from all the WORLD ! Yep, couple of foreign countries besides every end of this country. I'll be busy all weekend getting back to people .

Together, lymies can secure proper diagnosis/treatment for all and protect our doctor's from harassment. We're going to win.
NOT ONE MORE !
-Mike

so mike has now given you your afternoon assignment to help the wisc. lymies when they need it most! you can do it lymenet members.

dilly, may i suggest you put your comments on the board since he's SWAMPED, and OTHER WISC. folks read here too and can share their thoughts/actions!

i'm really proud of mike/other wisc. folks for taking their stand! way to go WISCONSIN! [group hug] [kiss] :grouphug

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaS
Member # 10581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I emailed the Wi represetative and Mr Thexton hmself. I can't believe the problem one person can cause! It took one cmplaint from one old patient to get an investigatin going? What if we complained about all our ducks? I bet nothin would come of it!

--------------------
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1660435643

Posts: 1078 | From Lake Geneva WI | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew ! What a day !

The WI. Dept. of Licensing and Regulation's e-mail inbox is full or their server crashed. They are hearing you loud and clear !

We cannot begin to thank you wonderful people enough for your efforts. The outpouring of support is truly staggering.

I'll bet I went through 150 e-mails today. There are many others here in WI. working tirelessly on this project. There is much going on behind the scenes which I cannot divulge but your efforts are making a huge impact !!!!!!

The offers of support and assistance from individuals, groups and lymenetters has come from every nook and cranny of this country, even foreign nations as well.

Dr. Hoffmann is a true "country doctor", he doesn't even have a computer. I had the opportunity to speak with him this evening. He's simply overwhelmed by your support.

I can assure you that Doc is going to the mat on this one.
It's his contention that doctor's have the right to practice medicine in the best interest of their patients and not adhere to fraudulent guidelines.

While waiting for Doc to answer the phone this evening I had a million things running through my mind. My son Jesse's relapse, getting back to support group leaders, sending out e-mails, contacting legislators, was this situation stressing Doc, etc.

He picks up the phone and says "How's Jesse doing ?" Here's a man who's life is comng down around his ears, his practice in jeopardy, being witch-hunted by faceless bureaucrats and his only concern is if my son stopped herxing.

Please keep your letters handy as I may once again be requesting that you forward on your stories to other officials.

Thank you. I'm willing to bet most of you have no idea how powerful we all are, together. From what I witnessed today, it's staggering.

Wish I could elaborate more but in due time.

-Mike

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing -- he doesn't even have a computer. He might enjoy getting to one to see what's going on online on his behalf!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymewreck36
Member # 4395

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymewreck36     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When in the world is Blumenthal going to come out with charges against the IDSA? This will never end until the IDSA is exposed.

This is so upsetting.

Mary

Posts: 1032 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement