LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » 2007 IDSA Conference Oct. 4-7 in California!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2007 IDSA Conference Oct. 4-7 in California!!
pineapple
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11904

Icon 13 posted      Profile for pineapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like more garbage will be spread at this year's annual IDSA meeting in San Diego, California.

Get those green signs ready!

Lyme Disease: When Symptoms Don't Improve

Friday, October 5, 7 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.
Saturday, October 6, 7 a.m. - 8:15 a.m.

Objectives:
- Lyme arthritis: What determinants play a role in unresponsiveness to
antibiotic therapy and what are the best treatment options in these
patients?

- Understand the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of persisting,
subjective symptoms in Lyme disease after antibiotic therapy

- Are coinfections with Babesia or Ehrlichia common, and how are
they best diagnosed and treated?

Speakers: [shake]
ALLEN C. STEERE, MD; Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard
Medical School, Boston, MA
GARY P. WORMSER, MD, FIDSA; New York Medical College,
Valhalla, NY

Posts: 339 | From nowhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pineapple
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pineapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This makes me FURIOUS!!

Why do these IDiots keep calling our symptoms subjective?

I personally have white matter lesions, many abnormal labs, documented EEG change, positive Babinski reflex indicating upper motor neuron damage, CDC positive ++++ Western Blot, unequal pupils, unequal reflexes, abnl EMG, abnormal cognitive and memory exams, etc etc etc.

I would seriously like an explanation of what the heck they feel is objective VS subjective.

Idiots.

Posts: 339 | From nowhere | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess it's too much to think they may be realizing they are wrong and going to find a way to make ammends to all their insanity. Ok, perhaps lyme has made me delutional. It was a nice thought though.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone on this list from California is not on CaliforniaLyme and has not heard of the event taking place during the IDSA conference, please contact CALDA VP Barb Barsocchini at for details.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 14 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm planning to hop a train to San Diego for this event. Lots of convenient times to travel and a pleasant train ride with ocean views if you take the coast route. Details at www.amtrak.com
or call 1-800- USA RAIL
Does anyone know whether the trolley from the train station goes anywhere near the site of the walk?

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Basically the train is going to put you 5 blocks from Seaport Village. If you take the trolley, it might save you a couple of blocks of walking. I have a map with directions. I haven't figured out yet how to post attachments on this forum. For the time being, you can send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll be happy to forward it to you.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoops I meant to supply Barb's email which is [email protected] or does this site erase email addresses? If so here is is again, lymebarb at aol dot com.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, Parisa. Sounds as if taking the train will be really convenient! And for those who want to save their energy for the walk, taking the trolley from the train station would save walking a few blocks.

I'm planning to arrive in San Diego by late morning, because delays ***do*** happen on Amtrak and I wouldn't want to miss the walk.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Parisa
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10526

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Parisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you do get there early, Seaport Village is very pleasant with cute shops and restaurants so you will have a nice place to hang out.
Posts: 984 | From San Diego | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maritzap
Member # 11146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maritzap     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 75 | From San Diego, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 7 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the tip, Parisa. It's always satisfying to discover a way to turn a task into a small treat.

I understand that October days on the Southern CA coast can be especially nice and clear.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Subjective?

When I went on clindamycin, my ankle swelling -- ie, swollen Achilles heel tendon and area, which also showed as such on an MRI -- shrunk back down to a normal size. Thst's not subjective.

Any more of these kinds of objective treatment results we could list here for rebuttal purposes?

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roro
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for roro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the denial is rampant. I was hospitalized in 2004 with heart failure, pericarditis, meningitis, and my labs pretty much showed multi-organ failure, including kidneys. (they said it was "a virus" so they wouldn't have to put me on antibiotics. I had gained 20 pounds of fluid retention in 2 weeks. while in the hospital for 4 days, i lost 14 pounds while on IV lasix. the ID I went to now looks back on those records and says the pericarditis was "presumptive"
Posts: 615 | From maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With all h*** breaking out with the current statements by IDSA ducks, I think there needs to be some form of protest at the IDSA convention, with protest signs, etc.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pineapple
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11904

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pineapple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were there, I would strap on a giant sign saying:

" I AM your OBJECTIVE evidence. Open Your Eyes ! "

Robin123
Member # 9197

Ok -- just had a chat with someone and heard the permit is for a walk, not a protest. So I wish everyone well at the Lyme walk.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement