LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » UCONN Feder protest

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UCONN Feder protest
jettyhound
Member # 13487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jettyhound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a message to all who are able to please attend the demonstration on Friday, 10/12 11AM to 1PM at the Route 4 entrance of UCONN John Dempsey Hospital in Farmington, CT. This is a time to band together for the future of Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment. What happens in Connecticut, particularly with this recent assault on chronic Lyme (and ultimately chronic Lyme patients), will have a massive impact on the rest of the country. This is the first organized strike back at what is a deep conspiracy to negate the existence of chronic infection, and ultimately send Lyme disease patients to their graves. Unite for this cause...please.
Posts: 3 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome jetty!
i'm breaking this solid text up for those of us with neuro lyme and can't comprehend/read as is ok!

quote:
Originally posted by jettyhound:

Just a message to all who are able to please attend the demonstration on Friday, 10/12 11AM to 1PM at the Route 4 entrance of UCONN John Dempsey Hospital in Farmington, CT.

This is a time to band together for the future of Lyme disease diagnosis and treatment.

What happens in Connecticut, particularly with this recent assault on chronic Lyme (and ultimately chronic Lyme patients), will have a massive impact on the rest of the country

This is the first organized strike back at what is a deep conspiracy to negate the existence of chronic infection, and ultimately send Lyme disease patients to their graves. Unite for this cause...please. [/QB]

welcome; another active activist!!! yippee!
iowa activist! [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey -- how did the protest go? I hope it rocked!

Wish I could have been there.

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wrote this in other rally/protest thread:

well we had 25 people there. Two came from new york (Mike & Millie)which was very nice of them, thank you. We were out at the entrance road where there is lot of auto traffic.

Local news (channel 61) interviewed a couple people. The Hartford Courant reporter (the one who wrote the erroneous articles) did show up but wasn't swayed...couldn't admit he was/is wrong in his interpertaion of the Fallon study.

While there, did meet new lymies who didn't know of the local suport group so we should see a couple new faces at this months meeting.

Any "getting the word out" is positive.
Thanks.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Freethinker
Member # 13002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Freethinker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hartford Courant just disapoints me. Not one word about the protest. Just an article about Fekrig getting some appointment to a board because he is a "lyme expert" ....NOT! He should be in FEDERAL PRISON!

Erol Fikrig is a criminal for not licensing the only valid test for Lyme (US patent 5,618,533) and using this test to assess the outcome of his non-vaccine LYMErix.

I commend Randy Sykes and CTLymeDisease.org for Standing up for all of us who couldn't be there! YEAAAA!

It's going to take ALL of us around the states to STAND up to them.

--------------------
Stop Lyme Cryme!

-Data Over Dogma
Evidence Over Egos
Patients Over Politics.
-EJ Masters

Peer Observations Magazine

Posts: 40 | From Southern Illinois | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jettyhound
Member # 13487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jettyhound     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all who could make it, and to those who could not, but gave their moral support. Even though the Hartford Courant didn't publish anything (including a recent editorial I wrote)I had a chance to speak with BH, the journalist who wrote the first story. It seems his mind is made up, but there is a little bit of willingness to look at some of the research, He says he's read it all, but wants me to email him what I have on chronic Lyme anyway. I I'll do that tomorrow.

Thanks to Randy for all his hard work and dedication. There's something about Lyme that makes people who have been affected by it fight for truth, fight for what's right, and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Posts: 3 | From Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jettyhound--
Thank you so so so much for showing up. It really really means a lot to many of us out here in this wilderness.

Please don't be discouraged about the coverage at the Courant... Like David and Goliath, we are engaged against a giant media spider that is being directed very deftly against us-- ON MANY FRONTS.

Just look up information on "Operation Mockingbird" (go to wikipedia) to know how BIG our adversaries are in the controlled media--- and how difficult our position is in this infowar. The Gulf War syndrome, the autism, and the Morgellons folks are up against the same corrupt media SPIDER!!

Yes, folks, we are in an INFOWAR here..... we are in the fight of our lives.... and some very large guns are being pointed at us on many fronts. The media is being controlled on this issue by the descendants of Operation Mockingbird, and by officers in the Epidemic Intelligence Service who sit in plum editor jobs at the major newspapers.

So.... knowing that we are in the infowar of our LIVES--- we should all bring video cameras to the next event--- we should do stealth videos like the boys at loosechange.org, and prisonplanet.com----- and put these videos up on youtube-- with the hope being that they go viral.. and put the New York TImes, the COurant and the Washington Post to shame.

Personally, I am cancelling my subscription to the New York Tiimes because of their false coverage on Lyme disease.

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jettyhound
Member # 13487

Glad to be a part of the fight for all who have been and will be infected/affected. This disease all but destroyed my life, and for eight years I did what I needed to do to get better. And, although off abx for 6 years now, I am not the same...I have been forever affected, but vow to continue to persevere. May God bless all those who are sick with Lyme disease... fight the good fight, run the race. You are all in my prayers.
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big, big thanks to jettyhound and everyone who made it to this important protest! I cancelled my New York Times subscription a while back too, for the same reason. Infowar is a good description.
Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WakeUp
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WakeUp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks idfighter
Yeah-- infowar is what we're up against... here's the Wiki definition:

Information warfare is the use and management of information in pursuit of a competitive advantage over an opponent. Information warfare may involve collection of tactical information, assurance that one's own information is valid, spreading of propaganda or disinformation to demoralize the enemy and the public, undermining the quality of opposing force information and denial of information collection opportunities to opposing forces.

Check out Operation Mockingbird to see the reality of what we're up against with the NYT, The NEJM and the Post...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

Posts: 696 | From New York | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am disgusted with the NYT. It holds itself out to be so intellectual and so informed, when it's actually disseminating disinformation. If Lawrence Altman is still connected with it, he is an EIS person.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement