LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » muscle testing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: muscle testing
missextreme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missextreme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many of you have used alternative treatment by chiropractors and naturopaths? Has it helped?

What about muscle testing done by them? Is it beneficial?

Posts: 204 | From Wyoming | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My chiropractor has really helped me, but not with muscle testing...just adjustments.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96227 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried muscle testing once and the diagnosis was that I was stressed because my mother was worried I wouldn't get married. I know people swear by it, I personally don't.

I do use many other forms of alternative treatment. I work with two medical doctor who use a lot of herbs and supplements. I do yoga regularly.

I believe a good combination of therapies is important to treating Lyme.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have found muscle testing, namely ART, to be profoundly beneficial. It is done by my ND and an MD. I have seen some chiropractors do it as well and I think it is a little more hit or miss as to their true level of skill with the technique. Some are very good.

My overall course of treatment has been heavily guided by ART and other energetic tools.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not sure what "Dr K natural treatment" is. The topic of ART and the topic of treatment approaches are two different topics. Dr. K uses antibiotics, anti-fungals, anti-virals, etc. when appropriate. If we are talking here about muscle testing, that is a separate discussion from treatment approaches or results.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use extensive reading and research to inform me of what complementary therapies show cliniccal results, and what therapies people say they respond to well in lyme treatment.

Then I take this information to a very good chiropractor who does kinesiology.

He helps me figure out which therapies to use, when, and how much.

This has been an invaluable resource. I think that mucscle testing can be as skilled or as limited as the practitioner.

I go to someone who came highly reccommended, and who has a very long waiting list.

The most beneficial treatments for me are craniosacral therapy and lymph drainage by a massage therapist.

It helps clear toxins and lowers my pain level.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's my tool number one, it comes before everything else I used. I use it everyday now, for almost everything, even food consumption.

Something I didnt' believe when I fell sick with lyme, now I'm afraid to say I got addicted to it. [Big Grin]

I guess though you need a good practioner to get good results. Few discussions were done on this subject not too long ago, you could try a search. Many lyme patients are 'blocked' and then you'll never get good results, so that's why you need a good practioner.

Tosho is using the same practioner I am/ was, but I went more often to my practioners (1x a month) to reshape my whole protocol, so that could also play a role (?).

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently visited a LLND that my LLMD recommended. So far I have spent quite a boatload with her on muscle testing and supplements, with no results.

I'll keep trying for a few more months though...trying not to be skeptical....cause I like/respect my LLMD so much, i figure if he recommended her/it, I should try it.

So far, acupuncture has been the most beneficial for me.....I SWEAR by it for pain control and lymph drainage.

Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mojo
Member # 9309

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My lyme Dr. recommended my Chiropractor and he is doing a great job for me. They work together (talk on the phone occssionally regarding my treatment) and I love them both. I've seen a great improvement since I've seen my Chiro. (not to mention he helped me with some non lyme related issues). I improved so much since April that I'm his patient of the month in Oct.

I also have been doing Lymph Drainage. The lady comes right to my LLMD's office with her machine. That has also helped me feel better. She says I'm not as bad as most people but it still is worth the weekly 45 minute drive.

My Lyme Dr. seems to be spot on when it comes to what treatments to recommend.

I don't know anything about muscle testing but I think it's time I learned about it. I've been hearing so much about it.

Scott do you have any web site recommendations. I'll check on your site, too.

Posts: 1761 | From USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and more medical doctors are taking the ART training. Many practitioners, MD's and ND's, nurses, nutritionists, etc. etc. do a variety of muscle testing. Some methods are better than others.

I would most likely not be here, healthy and well, without having being guided through treatment with muscle testing - ART.

I am not totally up-to-date on other forms of kinesiology, but ART (Autonomic Response Testing) addresses ALL levels that are important for healing; probably the most important one in the long run that will impact success or failure of treatment is the emotional level.

(An unresolved emotional conflict changes the body chemistry within a fraction of a second having a cascading effect into certain body regions, most the time not a positive one. It really pays to resolve these possible conflicts. With ART, it takes a few minutes.)

The trick is to find a good practitioner and then develop a rapport with the person, and the practitioner with you, assuring that the energetic field surrounding all is a positive one. Then good things can happen.
Tosho is disappointed and expressed this repeatedly because he does not feel any positive results within a few months. But that is most often not possible. We are literally undoing years of damage that we have suffered, not all because of our own doing and not all because of what others did to us. Much less is it just caused by the event of a tickbite. (Many people carry a Lyme infection and they do not suffer as many of us do and did.)

What we inherit through Mom and Grandma--- (am not quite sure of Dad's and Granddad's hand-me-down)---- and the events that follow until the body finally gives out -- we are aware of many of them.

(Just recently heard firsthand about a child suffering from autism: - it was found to be very mercury toxic; never had a filling; Mom had no fillings at all; but Grandma had a mouthful. Nature's way of passing the bad to the fetus to protect Mom - so it was explained.)

It took me five years to unravel all of the damage. I lived through years of war, hunger and fear. Bad chemistry resulting in constant tooth repair. You all know about mercury and root canals and dentists who still put that stuff into people. It took great efforts on behalf of my doctor and it took more patience that I could sometimes muster to undo every bit of cellular/physical/physiological damage. All is the result of good muscle testing and a doctor who never gave up.

The major impact I see in muscle testing, as long as it is done by a solid practitioner and a proven testing method, is that we can chose the proper treament/medication, etc. in a second. We may suffer from an unknown, unfamiliar mutation of a microorganism, a virus or Lyme mutation nobody knows much about. If the medicine resonates, it's a hit. Sometimes for a short time, sometimes for years. We avoid damage to the system, allergic reactions, a blocked Autonomic Nervous System, so that it can no longer muster the proper defense. The whole intake (meds, supplements, detoxers, etc.) are all tested also together, the whole program selection, assuring that one single supplement does not negate the benefits of all the others.

I would suggest to look around, ask questions at health food stores, etc. -- and you will find a good practitioner. Don't expect them to hang a shingle out in the WallStreet Journal. You probably understand from some of the reactions on other threads on this board to the age-old practice of kinesiology that the final decision you alone can make.

Good luck. Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement