LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » A Lyme Success Story - Lyme Healed Totally

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Lyme Success Story - Lyme Healed Totally
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although this is not *my* success story, I thought I would pass this along because it is one of the most encouraging things I've heard since I got sick.

A woman I used to work with in San Francisco has Lyme. I was able to sit down and interview her last week and learn what worked for her.

She has had Lyme for, she suspects, a long time. I asked her how on earth she discovered it, and she said that she had been seeing a homeopath for a couple of years for unremitting hip pain and other things and when she wasn't responding to treatment, the homeopath said to her, "You have Lyme, and the reason I know is because *I* have Lyme".

At first she didn't believe it, but then she got tested and sure enough. I should also mention that although her symptoms were fairly severe, she was still able to keep her job but she did miss a lot of days.

As of today, she is completely and totally symptom-free. She is able to drink a glass of wine if she wants, and is actually in Hawaii right now with her family, diving, swimming, and surfing. She says she is 100 percent, 100 PERCENT (!!!) better. She just stopped abx 2 months ago after having been on them for over 2 years. She was also getting abx shots 2x week.

She said that she still has to watch what she eats, though, and of course be vigilant, but yes, she is even healthier than she was befor she got sick, she says.

The main thing she said that was so important was eating an anti-inflammatory diet. She prefers the Zone (what has been working amazingly for me is doing a Leptin-balancing program and incorporating tons of anti-inflammatory vegetbales and fruits. Yes, i said fruits lol. More on that when I am done with my Cymbalta withdrawal hell. Anyway, back to the topic....)

She said that the quickest way to slow healing progress is to eat anything unhealthy, inflammation-causing, etc. Diet is key, and not just anti-candida.

Fasting: She also said that what really "kick-started" her healing was doing a medical fast. This was encouraging to me because I had some success with Lyme and fasting in the past but I felt like none of the fasts I tried were quite right. She has given me some info on the one she did and I am going to contact them and find out more and will pass along info.

FIR (Far Infrared saunas) - She said this was hugely important and effective, so much so that she bought a unit and her husband and she use it regularly. She said this really did help speed up detox and healing.

Bodywork: She recommends bodywork that focuses on chronic disease and removing the mucous/gunky deposits in the muscles and connective tissue that Lyme causes. I am guessing this is sort of a lymphatic drainage combined with direct muscle detox stimulation. She said she was doing this once a week and it was invaluable to her. I am going to see her person and will find out more.

She also spoke very highly of Dr. Zhangs herbs, which I was tangentially aware of through this site and other posts. She said these are pretty much the only ones she uses and they are great. I will list her suplements below.

Supplements

Daily Amnt Brand
3 B Complete (b complex and antioxidant) Montiff
4 B12 2000 mg 1
5 Biotin 5000mg 2 Allergy Research6 CoEnzyme Q10 100mg 2 Vital Nutrients
7 DHEA 15mg 1
8 DHEA 25mg 1
9 Esterol (vit C/calcium) 657mg/75mg 3 Allergy Research
10 Formula 14 Enzyme Supplement 1 every other day
11 Glucosamine/Chondroitin 1.5/1.2g 3 Whole Foods
12 Lipoic Acid/Taurine 300mg/500 mg 1 Designs for Health
13 Liver, Organic Glandular 500mg 1 Allergy Research
14 Minerals Plus 1 TBS Bio Max
15 Natren's Trio (Probiotic) 1 Whole Foods
16 Sam-e Extra Strength 400mg 2 Whole Foods
17 St John's Wort 540 mg 1
18 Tocotrienols (Vit E) 100 iu 1 Allergy Research
19 Ultimate Omegas (Vit E) 1400 iu 3 Nordic/Whole Foods
20 Vitamins (liquid) 1 TBS Bio Max

She also said that rife was too invasive and negatively stimulating to the system for Lyme (her opinion) and often did more harm than good. She also said that Samento didn't do much for her, in fact most all other herbs I mentioned she said just didn't do the trick.

I will post more info as I get it. Hope this might help some.

Cheers to everyone,

Alison

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put it in Melanies Success Stories Link

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
earthsong15
Member # 7471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for earthsong15   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be very helpful to me (& probably others) to know what her symptoms were before being "cured".
Thanks so much for posting this!

Posts: 85 | From Eugene | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gwenb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gwenb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for success story - we need more of those!

Gwen

Posts: 227 | From vancouver,bc | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlisonP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: symptoms -- I will ask her more specifically when we talk again. She did tell me that some of the main symptoms included severe pain in her left hip/quadrant area, and incredibly debilitating migraines, as well as fatigue and muscle aches.

A.

--------------------
 -

The obscure we see eventually. The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer. --- Edward R. Murrow

Posts: 923 | From California | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is a "medical fast"?

Also, by "bodywork" do you mean exercise?

Posts: 449 | From Pasadena, CA, usa | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlisonP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7771

By medical fast I think she meant a medically supervised/developed fast for the purposes of rebalancing in the body. I will find out more about this particular one. The fasting that I do is not done with a doctor, just on my own.

Bodywork is more the massage therapy/body manipulation type of stuff, like Bowen therapy for example, cranio-sacral, lymphatic massage, etc.

Hope that helps!

Alison

--------------------
 -

lucy96734
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8372

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy96734     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear a positive story!

--------------------
Lucy

Posts: 342 | From Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for an encouraging story!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBoB
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it IS great to hear a "success" story. We do need to be cautious though, as we are not "cured" when in remission for only two (2) months.

I have a boy who had lieukemia, and the oncologist said he would be considered "cured" IF he was in remission for OVER 5 years. HE has been in remission for over 13 years now, so IS considered cured.

I was considered "cured" by my local duck after taking Cipro for 24 days back in 2000. However, "I" had a relapse 8 months later and by last fall, 2005, I was in terrible shape. He STILL considers me cured from back in 2000, and says we can get symptoms later WITHOUT having the disease.

Yah, right!

Will look forward to hearing MORE about this friend in future months ahead. Sure hope she IS cured. Time will tell. . . . . .

Jim

[Cool]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is wonderful and I am glad it worked for her, but it goes to show how different we all are, biochemically speaking.
I took the Zhang Lyme herbs for 6 months at enormous cost with little benefit.
However, Samento has helped me immensely, and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.
Different strokes for different folks!
Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The antioxidants are critical to healing and THE most potent antioxidant is hydrogen...

Get your pH UP. Alkaline diet or anything that contains a mineral/glycogen AND an acid -> hydrogen.

To carry hydrogen INTO the cells...CoQ10...an enzyme that we make IF we have the ingredients to make it when we exercise...need B6 and Mg.

Mg is an anti-inflammatory...

Yup...it IS possible to overcome this disease.

Far infrared/ozone saunas = nitric oxide- acetylcholine issues...to help destroy Bb in a "round about way"...

Even when the disease is gone, the symptoms continue until the nutrients are back in balance.

Fasting is NOT a good idea, IMO. You are already too acidic. The liver only contains a day's worth of glycogen to supply the brain with energy.

I see how her supps. helped (esp. those that contain H16 in their molecular formulas). The list could be shorter.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey marnie
hydrogen as in hydrogen peroxide?
Is that why people bath in it?
Or is it hydrogen, as in COQ 10 as a carrier?
It is possible I am completely missing the "big picture"

This sounds important if hydrogen is the most important antioxidant.

Sorry.Am hoping someone would help clarify this

Thanks

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7802

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am wondering how you would fast and still take abx and suppl.?

If I don't eat something with meds. I don't feel too good.

And having had an ulcer many years ago, I was told then to have a little something in my stomach several times a day.

Posts: 175 | From ma. | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement