LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » There Is Hope for Lyme Disease: Allimax Nutraceuticals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: There Is Hope for Lyme Disease: Allimax Nutraceuticals
canbravelyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*I'd initially asked James at AllimaxUS whether I could post our correspondence, which he affirmed. I've now been asked by James to remove the study, as it is unpublished.*

"Allimax Nutraceuticals US Completes Lyme Disease Clinical Trial"

I wrote Allimax this AM, and was sent the following preliminary study, which gives some detail on specifics of the trial, and how to proceed, should you choose to try the protocol.

I was also told,

"The study is [now] complete. People took 6 Allimed AC-23 capsules and our high
omega 3,6,9, product. Additionally the supplemented with probioics digestive
enzymes and fiber."

and,

"Additionally some participants used glutathione to help with HERXING
and all were ask to follow a blood their type diet."

[ 25. February 2007, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: canbravelyme ]

--------------------
For medical advice related to Lyme disease, please see an ILADS physician.

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lymes" disease???? [Roll Eyes]

More discussion:
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=051993

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canbravelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yes co-infections resolved. There were know to all have numerous co-infections.

"Our Allimed� AC-23 product will make your pharmaceutical work where they normally would not work treating your disease. It is however NOT necessary to take pharmaceutical antibiotics to treat LYME using Allimed� AC-23 by itself.

"I will have to get back to you on the glutathione dosing administered.

"You should post my contact details below and our website to, www.allimed.us

James R. Walton
President
Allimax Nutraceuticals US
1155 W. Madison Street
Suite # 601
Chicago, Illinois 60607
312-421-6132 Office
312-421-6133 Fax
847-274-8043 Mobile
[email protected]
www.allimax.us
www.allimed.us "

--------------------

Posts: 1494 | From Getting there... | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone here tried this product ? Is it expensive ?

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some and am going to try it soon I think. It is expensive. For a bottle of caps which I think lasts 10 days or a bottle of drops which lasts 25 days it runs about $125.00.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is not cheap. I wonder how long the
participants of the trial took it , or how long it needs to be taken before results are gained .

Please let us know if you find it is worth the money . We will be anxious to hear your
experience .

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
geniveve
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this the same company that sells a garlic product? i got some flyer in some stuff i ordered and it said it was great for lyme.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a much stronger version of this product. Its a good company and I like the product. It is a useful adjunct.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes the Allimed is expensive. It cost me $118.99 for a 1 oz bottle. I got A 15% discount on my first order. It's $129 regular price. I talked to James Walton, the president of the company, and he told me to start slow at 3 drops and work up to, I think he said 30 drops.

I get a upset stomach from it so I will have to go slow. I did get sick from even the 3 drops.

I haven't been on it long enough to know if it helps or not. I am a staph carrier and have problems with skin staph infections. I haven't had any since I started taking Allimed. It's to early to tell if it's the Allimed or not.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whole cloves of garlic would be WAY cheaper?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is similar to the Samento study which was highly flawed. The study participants took nutritional supplements and did various therapeutic modalities along with taking Samento. At the end of the study, Samento was being hailed as the cure all. But some of the people were still ill. This study should have had another control group that was not taking any nutritional supplements, only the allimax. This way we would know for sure if Allimax plays a key role in eradication of lyme, co infections and improvement of blood. Taking enzymes alone can improve darkfield microscopy results.
Posts: 116 | From Plano, Texas, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Sue:
This is similar to the Samento study which was highly flawed. The study participants took nutritional supplements and did various therapeutic modalities along with taking Samento. At the end of the study, Samento was being hailed as the cure all. But some of the people were still ill.

You're right! Maybe it's the mangosteen which is doing the trick...even though they're using an inferior mangosteen.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Areneli
Member # 6740

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Areneli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The title and the text in this thread is sugesting cryptoadvertising
Posts: 1538 | From Planet Earth | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

I wish someone would make IV or IM garlic.
Then my blood would smell bad, but who cares.

aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QB] Whole cloves of garlic would be WAY cheaper?

I don't think you can get near the amount of allicin from whole cloves of garlic. It's the allicin in the garlic that you want.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good points Sue and Lymetoo. I agree.

Dietary and supplement changes may have made the difference here. How would we know?

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks CanBrave for posting this study. It is good to see someone in the natural world is researching Lyme.

Nature's Sunshine makes high quality natural supplements. I do not sell them but I have used them for years under the guidance of a certified herbalist and they have helped me many times when conventional medications failed.

Their protocol is very similar to the protocol my doctor has me on and I am thriving. Not cured though.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canbravelyme
Member # 9785

Thanks, Luvs [Smile]

I'd received an article re: this on my daily e-mail LymeInfo digest, and found out more about it right away.

I'd been thinking over the past few weeks that there was something "to Garlic", when I'd pass those Allimax displays. I'd been taking those ones fairly regularly; once / day because they were so expensive! haha

So now I've ordered a bottle of the drops...and am going to try the whole protocol. I don't really care which agent "does it", or if it's a combination. The diet suggestions, and drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water all make perfect sense to me, regardless. I'm continuting on abx, and when I see my LLMD in SF in March, I'll ask him what he thinks, and whether he's OK with my continuing on this protocol.

And I can live without knowing whether it was the abx, or the garlic, or the mangosteen juice (I am going to source the best source I can), or the diet, or whatever. I just want to be done with it, and get on with my life, and get on with making the most good in the world that I can, and having the priviledge to contribute what I've learnt through this experience of suffering. I'm pretty clear on being able to come out the other end of any serious illness and "share" being a priviledge. Oh, how much we all took for granted!

With best wishes to all,

canbravelyme.

--------------------

klutzo
Member # 5701

Icon 1 posted      Profile for klutzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From personal experience, I can report that just eliminating all refined sugars from my diet for two months totally changed my dark field microscopy back to normal. It was a mess before. I was not taking garlic.

I've tried several expensive garlic products for a month to six months each. None made me herx, not even at doses high enough to make me stink.

I hope it works for those who try this more thorough protocol.

Klutzo

Posts: 1269 | From Clearwater, Florida, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nori
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to know what is the difference between this product, Biopures garlic and or Dr Zhangs Allicin ( which is very potent from personal experience)

--------------------
Nori

Posts: 109 | From Virginia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JRWagner
Member # 3229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JRWagner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed all (especially Cave 76)...however, any protocol that insists on eating "for Blood Types" is less than credible. There have been NUMEROUS scientific articles debunking this crap years ago...the same goes for "Food Combining". Hell, beans have Protein, Fat and Carbs all in one convenient package...according to the Combining people, this would not be ideal. WRONG. It does not matter if we eat our potatoes first or last...everything gets processed just fine.

Garlinase 4000 is another product that is MUCH cheaper than the one mentioned.

Tried it...zilch.

One method does not fit everyone with Lyme.

That said, I hope SOMETHING works for everyone!

Anyway, this stuff makes one smell like my Italian Grandmother (used to). OK, the sauce was great...

Peace, Love and Wellness,
JRW

Posts: 1414 | From Ny, Ny | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

If you really want to max out on Allicin, I found a Chinese vetinary supply company that sells it by the keg, 2 1/2 kg minimum.
The Chinese use it as an ABX for creatures, apparently.

CD57
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for update -- anyone done this protocol and cleared their co's? This co. is making big claims but I would have thought we would have heard about it if it was that easy. (Plus it's expensive, $1200 for the protocol).
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

I have not done taken the product.

I am fond of the blood type diet except for the soy recommendations for type A blood. I am against eating very much soy because I think soy products are not good for you and can actually be harmful for you.

I heard a doctor who is both Western and a Traditional Chinese doctor speak about the blood type diet on public radio and he thought it was good and went along with the different body types in Chinese and Ayurvedic Medicine.

Dr. Andrew Weil does not think there is anything to the blood type diet but I have never been a fan of Weil's anyway and he always looks like he is on the munchie diet.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

While it's unlikely anyone who eats poorly will get well from lyme, the blood type diet is not anti-infective. It will do nothing to address lyme.

It may be very good to decrease inflammation and encourage nutrition, but it is not a treatment for an infection with the power of borrelia.

--

I am glad to see more exposure on the positive use of allicin.

I have taken this brand. It's okay. I'd say good.

Cost of the allicin, alone, is about the same as the Hepapro Allicin in the Zhang protocol.

However, effectiveness does not even come close to Hepapro's allicin - in my experience.

And - any allicin would not be enough alone.

This may still be a product that will work for many. I don't think it's bad - I just got much more dramatic results from Hepapro.

Still, others might like this one better - and there is room out there for many good brands. This one packs a little less punch and that might be desirable for some.

Just be advised that while any allicin might be the most important part of one's treatment plan, it would still be part of a protocol, not mono-therapy.

IMO, what I saw listed in the top post are also some support measures, but one would need at least TWO or more with anti-infective properties. Rotating combinations is to help increase effectiveness.

Allicin in not enough by itself. It can be used with abx or other specific herbs.

. . . [ edited out confusing statement]

Buhner does not suggest allicin. However, he has some spendid research down other aveunes.

A search at PubMed about allicin, though, is very encouraging:

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez

======

http://tinyurl.com/5vnsjg

Healing Lyme: Natural Healing And Prevention of Lyme Borreliosis And Its Coinfections - by Stephen Harrod Buhner

www.gaianstudies.org/lyme-updates.htm

=======================================

One of these two protocols pivots around allicin:

http://tinyurl.com/5drx94

Lyme Disease and Modern Chinese Medicine (Paperback)
by Dr. QingCai Zhang (Author), Yale Zhang (Author)

you can access his web site through www.hepapro.com or try www.sinomedresearch.org and use "clinic" and then "clinic" for the passwords or call Hepapro.

=============

[ 22. August 2008, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rely on this brand but not for lyme but to handle all the other crap a suppressed immune system leads to (strep, staph, fungi etc)
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chamade
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chamade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So this product is nothing short of a cure for Lyme huh...I guess they have a good(and unscrupulous) marketing department, if nothing else.

--------------------
Why me? Well, why not me???

Posts: 411 | From San Francisco, CA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

If used for several months, though, I'd say it'd be far better, though, than the 3 days' or two weeks' single abx prescription that most lyme patients would get from most doctors.

IMO it's just to risky to use mono-treatment. If that's all someone had, it may be helpful.

We also must remember - and I just realized this - that a clinical trial can only test one thing - and for a certain span of time.

While all we read from the lyme experts, combination therapy is important, allicin does have a very broad spectrum.

-

[ 21. August 2008, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buhner doesn't recommend allicin for Lyme because it doesn't get to the brain, according to his book, Healing Lyme.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sense an attempt to exploit a group of sick and mentally unwary people using surreptitious marketing techniques.

Buyer beware. This isn't medicine, this is someone making a quick buck.

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angelica
Unregistered

What the blood type diet can do for people is help prevent them from eating foods that will be hard on their body type and not agree with them. To me that has to be an asset to any Lymie and their digestion.

The blood type diet was not meant to cure Lyme.

SickRI
Member # 16803

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickRI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Blackstone is correct.

How do we know Doxycycline works? Because it's been subject to peer-review studies. That's how. Hard science.

I don't trust a company that just pops on a message board to promote it's product.

Posts: 43 | From RI | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i tried it and its no miracle for sure.

its just garlic. go buy some fresh whole cloves and chew on them.

its NOT worth the money and these guys are really quick to say the can cure lyme.

id love to see how sick the people were in their "trial"

anyway, has anyone stuck with it for a long period of time and what is the normal dose for it?

derek

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we should do as an organization of lymies is to fund someone to do live blood samples at an affordable price. Just like james is doing. Only we take a product like this allicin get 10 volunteers to take it for one month and see if there is a difference. The would send there blood samples daily. The sample would be assessed a picture taken of the sample and published on a private website.

This is not a clinical study to be published. Hopefully just useful information for a change.

Is raw garlic better or worse then this, who knows. There is no information except our best guesses.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djf2005
Member # 11449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djf2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats a great idea, i am all for the live blood analysis.

we need to put up, get a scope, and have someone use it that knows what their doing.

is there more interest in this?

--------------------
"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

[email protected]

Posts: 2269 | From Lansdowne, Pa | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Raw garlic may be good but has a few drawbacks. Its very hard to get the required amount of allicin from that.

Dr. Zhang's book has much information about allicin.

So does PubMed.

Allicin has much published in other respected works. There are entire books on just allicin and garlic. Garlic and garlic extracts have been used for centuries.

The Allimax study is also worthwhile. It works on MSRA, for crying out loud. This is good.

I'm just saying that, for me, the Hepapro seems more effective.

For someone else, the Allimax might be best.

There is room for all good products.

Allicin has been used for centuries as medicine. It works.

Live blood analysis may be helpful in some ways, but it is not and never will be a definitive method of testing. Not everything can always show up in a tiny drop of blood.

It's good to know the strengths and weaknesses of all that we consider. By working with the weaknesses, it supports the strengths.

-

pamoisondelune
Member # 11846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pamoisondelune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've taken Allimax for about a year and a half, along with dozens of other things.

All i can say is, all those things together seem to help, but i can't tell which does what.

All i know is, my symptoms keep getting fewer.

I'm hoping the Allimax busts some cysts.

---pamois.

Posts: 1226 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it depends on the person and on the pocketbook!! like many, money is tight..

but the study idea works for me -- having people who have lyme participate.

but where can we find somebody who knows about dark field, testing, etc., who would be willing to do this?

and of the course, the ole government would step in and shut it down....

"practicing medicine without a license" is probably what they would say....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement