LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Garlic, Garlicin, Allicin, Allimax?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garlic, Garlicin, Allicin, Allimax?
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried more than one of these and can compare effectiveness?

- Zhang's Allicin caps

- Biopure Organic Freeze Dried Garlic caps

- Nature's Way Garlicin enteric-coated tabs

(Not much talk about Garlicin here, but in studies it's the only enteric-coated tablet that delivers the full allicin potential. http://books.google.com/books?id=JxjZW58BkKYC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_summary_r&cad=0#PPT164,M1 )

Another question, do Zhang and Biopure capsules survive the trip down to the small intestine the way enteric-coated tabs do?

Thanks for any responses.

[ 21. September 2008, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: ldfighter ]

Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic is supposed to be taken following a meal - that way it arrives where it is needed intact.
Biopure's can also be opened and taken in a bit of room temp water - then it can be taken in between meals.

I literally cured the majority of the Lyme I once had with what is now known as Biopure freeze dried garlic - starting with 9-12 caps a day then gradually reducing it to titration - to avoid the odor. Biopure searched for a long time to get the purest and cleanest organic garlic. I still take it today when I test for it energetically - it is antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral. I always have a supply at hand - I even put it on some meats because fresh organic garlic is expensive and I do not always have it available.
At this time, I avoid garlic grown in China.

Take care.

P.S. If you do a search here, you will find many garlic stories!

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ldfighter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Gigi!
Posts: 621 | From US | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can click on the Amazon site here on this page and type in freeze-dried garlic.

I used Pharmax brand and it worked great.

Also I've done a clove of garlic chewed very, very quickly on one side of the mouth and swallowed after a meal.

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was also some discussion here about Allimax.

Allimax research
http://www.npicenter.com/listings/CompanyDetail.aspx?companyId=23523

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

Thanks for that link Carol! It mentioned a study claiming "Allisure" eradicated 90% of Lyme spirochetes and cysts with corresponding clinical improvement over a 3-month period. There's a press release with more info on the company's site, study hasn't been published yet. I wonder how they determined the Lyme was eradicated? And what the dosages were? Very interesting.

http://www.allimax.us/Lyme_NPI_Press.pdf

Does anyone know the difference between Allimax, Allisure and Alliforce? I can't even tell if it's one company or three.

ldfighter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9405

I should have done a search first. Here's a discussion on Allimax in case anyone's interested: http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=052044
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I've used them all at one time or other and really like the Hepapro brand. Yes, it is enteric coated and survives the trip down and does not irritate my esophagus or stomach at all. Although, I've always used the Hepapro brand as part of the overall protocol. It is not intended to be used alone, but as part of the plan.

As per GiGi's advice, at this time, I'd avoid ANYTHING grown in China unless I had specific quality assurances.

The current poisoning of 13,000 Chinese children from powdered milk contamination is a very sad example of poor quality control. Added to manufacturing problems, the air and water pollution is so bad in China that it affects the vegetation grown in many (although not all) regions.

=============================

This recent thread also discussed some brands:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065923

Topic: GARLIC- does it cross the BBB

posted 30 April, 2008

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am taking Nature's Way Garlicin. It's too early to say much, but I believe it is helping me. It definitely is more potent for me than raw garlic.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most enteric capsules use PTHALATES! which are carcinogens!
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement