LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Betty G, Betty G... A big old fashioned YIPPEE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Betty G, Betty G... A big old fashioned YIPPEE!
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sure you don't want this announced to the world...

But I'm doing it anyway.

HA!

[lol]

After the last LDA briefing earlier this month... it was announced that 2 more Congressional members were now signed on to the Lyme disease bill.

I learned today that this one Congress person from the state of Iowa was one of the two new signees.

I told the caller that I knew WHY that specific Congressional person signed on and who made it happen. I told them we had a political bull dog working on Iowa reps... and that she was relentless in her mission.

Know who I was talking about?

YOU!!! BettyG BettyG.

Good going!!!!

I jotted the name of the Congressman on a napkin this morning during the call... along with other notes... sorry I was eating my morning grits at the time.. but I believe the name is Boswell.

The list will be updated soon I think.. but wanted you to get the good news ASAP!

Sooooooooooooooooo....

Thank you for your tireless efforts on behalf of us all!

You did it!!!

Now we have TWO in IOWA!!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[woohoo]

Yay BettyG!

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Betty! [Wink]

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10778

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Allie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BettyG is amazing!

[kiss]

Posts: 300 | From Northeast | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty is definitely persistant.

It's good to know that persistance DOES pay off.

I know that even when we were writing all these letters to politicians and getting their canned responses that left me wondering if they even READ anything, it's good to know that the system can be penetrated.

Thanks for the good news Tincup and thank you Betty for sticking with it. [woohoo]

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three cheers for BettyG!!!
[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

and NOW she has set her sites on OBAMA!!!!! [Big Grin]

[group hug] YOU GO GIRL!!!! [kiss]

[woohoo] [woohoo]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Betty, Yay Betty,Whistle, hip-hip-hooray,

Way to go Girl!

[woohoo] [woohoo] [woohoo]

Feelfit

Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tincup, geneal, lauren, cathy, allie, ali, & feelfit,

THANK YOU one and all!! what a nice surprise that rep. leonard boswell signed on AGAIN!!

fyi, he was on last time around and WAS a co-sponsor then, but i was dumbfounded that he was NOT this time around!! glad he got on aboard.

he was ONCE my district house rep, but they changed the lines, and so rep tom latham is mine now for 3-4 years.

i have been emailing boswell and the 3 others; 1 will NOT take mail from NON-constituents!! uffda.

so bowell's LYME patients in his area may have emailed/written him too! if you did, please speak up and TAKE CREDIT for your phone calls, emails, and letters too!!

ali,

i wasn't able to leave my written note for obama with our county HQ today; they suggested i call main office in chicago and find out a specific person's email to send this too so they WILL GET IT instead of it being forwarded FOREVER!!

i'll work on that tomorrow.

yes, i have to admit...i'm a BULL DOG !! i had a co-worker like that too, and i was his secretary. look out world ... 2 of us on the lose! [lol] [Wink]

tincup, you answered the question in my mind; i was going to check to see who the 2 new people were who signed on as co-sponsors of our lyme bill!! YEH FOR IOWA .... BOSWELL WE LOVE YOU! [group hug] [kiss]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
COOL!! Our role model!! [hi]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you Betty!

Wasn't that congressman who took the immune milk from Iowa?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle,

yes, it was IOWA'S BERKLEY BERDELL who got lyme in congress and had to quit.

yes, he took milk colostrum for treatment!

thank you tutu and sparkle! [group hug] [kiss]

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, BettyG! I think you must be calling reps on the hour every hour... [Big Grin]
Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU, BETTY!! [Cool] Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8905 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
robin,

i called congress' 4 phone nos. for 2 months straight and left a daily message on KENNEDY'S OPINION LINE.

later, i asked his aid who answers the phone what they do with phone calls i leave, etc.

many are typed up and go to the people in charge of SPECIFIC SUBJECT CONTENT.

i got a kick out of him; when he heard my voice, he knew it without my giving my name/address!!! "i know your voice well since i listen to it daily"!! [group hug] [kiss]

robin and hiker, thank you. [Smile]

aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, good work Betty, and anyone else who helped in Iowa!!!

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Betty!!
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2roads
Member # 4409

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2roads     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time and time again I see how you help across this board.

This is another one of those times- [kiss]

Thanks for this and so much more [group hug]

2roads

Posts: 2214 | From West Chester, PA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you kathy, boomerang, and 2roads ...

we all try to do what we can do! [group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement