LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Update- its over! I think Shhh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Update- its over! I think Shhh
TheCrimeOfLyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a confession- I searched, found and tried to post on Melanie Reber's success stories, but every damn I clicked on it to DO that, I was taken straight back to the main frame of lymenet ( which was extremely annoying)

SO , its either "NOT OVER" or they closed that post. [Smile]

But anyways, it's over. The last time I had posted a success story, I was about 80 percent better. Today? 100 on *most* days.

I got sick in May of 2002. I skipped everything and headed straight for the devastation land of brain warped lyme and severe neurological problems.

I had ( not a complete list) a severe migraine that lasted five months straight, accompanied by day in and day OUT vertigo, Spurting nose bleeds ( there was NO trinkle to these suckers)

extreme neck, jaw, face, forehead and eye pain. Severe shoulder pain, temporary come and go paralysis, neuropathy, sleep apnea, brain fog, what I still call "brain drunk", severe fatigue, muscle tremors and twitches and just a complete "duh" to my head. I felt like I drank a six pack and was on vicodin- except it wasn't

giggly and funny. It was PURE torture.

I went undiagnosed for 9 months. Uh, ok so I had PLENTY of diagnosises- everywhere from a tumor ( and a rare one at that) , to inner ear problems, female problems, anxiety, stress, and of course that "gee you have too many kids" syndrome.

I did in order:
Amoxy 4000 mg per day for six months
Clindamycin and quinine rotated WITH amoxicillin after amoxy alone, for six MORE months
Rifampin 600 mg a day for 3 months
Doxy 300 mg a day for three months
Ceftin 2 weeks
Biaxin and Mepron 3 months
and am now on Bicillin.

I ran into problems with my treatment. SEVERE problems. I began to not be able to take any antibiotic at all , and then that extended into food, and even WATER, without a reaction 30 minutes later which would include severe brain drunk,

neck pain, fatigue, neck and shoulder pain and often times, severe migraines. The problem with THAT was that I was always a good strong herxer on the amoxicillin. I took it, I herxed and felt like death, then I progressed.

After the amoxicillin ( which was my first drug) and other things were mixed in, I was "herxing" ALL the time. I lost so much ground and developed so many MORE symptoms it was pathetic. The worst? I developed orthostatic hypotension

and was no longer having ANY good days. But I kept chugging along and kept taking my meds. Once , as I said, the problem extended into food and water and I felt the same effect from THAT as I did my antibiotics- I knew I had a severe yeast issue going on.

I was diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome and severe yeast issues last November I believe. I was at the point that if I kept antibiotics out of me, I could feel good, but if I put them IN me- I was DONE in a half an hour.

I went through many LLMD's who said that it was a herx. I knew better. I finally found my current LLMD who picked up on the yeast issues and leaky gut and did some testing. I stopped antibiotics cold turkey in November of last year and worked on detoxing and yeast treatment.

Slowly, but surely, that all too familiar neck, shoulder, jaw and face pain along with severe head pressure started to leave. Amazingly, so did the orothostatic hypotension. I started driving again, albiet slowly, and I started walking again.

Today, I can drive anywhere. I went back to college AGAIN ( I had tried this last August and had to quit ... I didn't realize the diflucan I was taking back then is what was making me feel so darn good, but once I stopped that and continued taking my antibiotics- I had to quit college again)

Im four classes away from graduating, thank goodness. It took me four years to do an 18 month program, but hey, I did it!

I still can't walk VERY long without having my orthostatic hypotension kick in. I STILL flare around my woman cycle ( not nearly as bad AT all) but I don't really have a herx cycle.

Due to my gut issues, I was put on Bicillin once a week as a test by my LLMD. If I took a shot, stuck it in my rear end and 30 minutes later had the SAME reaction as I did on orals, then tough.. thats just how I herxed. So , we tried it...

and no reaction. Not only that? But I didn't herx... I felt GREAT. As the weeks went on, still NO MORE herx. In all honesty, I herxed only once pretty darn good in the 10 weeks I have been on bicillin.

I take diflucan daily. 100 mg and switch it off with nystatin. I lost 15 lbs since going off of antibiotics. I am NOT fatigued at ALL anymore. Once in a blue moon, I still do have to "Crash" for a few hours.

I had strep throat last month with no exabberation of my symptoms. Shortly therafter, I got the flu and was vomitting for two days. no exabberation again.

I can sleep again. My sleep apnea is pretty much gone. I don't get headaches, etc. And, I can eat! Breads, pastas, etc still set me off bad ( within 30 minutes I get all KINDS of pain) so I avoid them like the plague.

I met a WONDERFUL guy last February and he has really been my rock. He helps me every step of the way and truly understands this. he lost his dad to a disease when he was 3 ( that we now know CAN be lyme, but I will regard his privacy ) so he truly does "get me".

He moved in and things are going well. I left an emotionally and mentally and verbally abusive relationship in the midst of all this and realized that I may have "gotten out of bed a long time before I realized I was out of bed" kind of thing.

It feels good to be back and take my life back. I plan to continue with the yeast treatment as honestly, the yeast was really what was nailing me, and continue to do as much alternative with that as I can. My new bf does the yeast treatment with me and we kinda fuel off of each other.

My daughter is still very sick and continues to be ping ponged between lyme and yeast treatment ( as well as bartonella treatment) but she is in good hands as well.

I'll peak in from time to time. I hope each and every one of you can get well. IT IS POSSIBLE. Four years ago, at the age of 26, I was drafting my living will. Now? Im just living and this time? I have SO much to live for.

Jodie

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipzip
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipzip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great news, best of luck!

--------------------
"Life is wasted on the living."

Posts: 795 | From nyc | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam sooooooooooooo happy [woohoo] for you Jodie and I will continue to pray for your Daughter.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jodie, that is fantastic news and I have also wondered (and waited) to hear how your daughter was doing. Sorry she's still so sick, but I guess it was not the horrible possibility they were considering a few months back.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YEAH!!!!!!! you have definately been an inspiration to me. I am still fighting .......

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks..You give everyone hope..lymemomtooo
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved reading about your success!!!

It is so necessary to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks

Hope your daughter will improve soon

hopeful123 [Cool]

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought you fell off the planet jodie...

new boy friend? well,i'm not waiting any longer for you then..lol...

i am so glad that everything is going so well for you.God know's,you know where hell is...

i wish you nothing but the best jodie.you do inspire..also a hug for the baby...be well , gary

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic and very inspirational, Crime! Thanks for posting this. It's a really good wakeup too for the power of yeast to wreak havoc on us. I wish I could take Diflucan daily but my liver panels skyrocket at the mere mention of the word.

Keep on keepin' on!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yipppeeee, jodie! Hope all the good things in your life continue ... on and on and on! [Smile]

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jodi,
What a wonderful message! I'm so glad to hear about your progress, not to mention your boyfriend.

I'm still new at all this, so when I hear stories like yours, it gives me a lot of hope.

May all this healing continue for you!

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ArtistDi
Member # 2297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArtistDi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jody, good going and all the best to you for a
better, healthier and happier life.

Your friend,
Di

Posts: 1567 | From Hatfield, MA, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement