LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Moving to Germany- how are the Drs?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Germany- how are the Drs?
Permanentnomad
Member # 33329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Permanentnomad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 4 months into 200mg minocycline treatment for Lyme disease and my husband's job is taking us to Germany. (Augsburg). We leave on Mon and return in April of next year. My llmd in the states will do phone consults with me and we are hoping to find a doctor in Germany that will work closely with my llmd in the states. Has anyone had any experience with Lyme treatment in Germany? Is it going to be difficult trying to find a good dr? Is there less red tape to get thru there? Any insight would be much appreciated. This move is obviously stressful enough without having to worry about the Lyme crap. [Frown]
Posts: 4 | From CT and Germany | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're going to JUST the right place.

http://www.b-c-a.de/index.php?L=1

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like 17Hens, I went to Germany for alternative treatment with the Bionic 880 and got better. But I went to see Dr. W, not this clinic.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Consider reading my thread on bionic treatment.
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=108232;p=0

Of course I do recommend this treatment over abx, but you said you're working with an LLMD from here, so I assumed ILADS. You'd have everything at your fingertips when you're there though to treat like we did.

Also, consider finding out how you can get on lymenet once you get over there. Not everyone in Germany has been able to. (maybe something to do with your email address?) But it would be a bummer to get over there and not be able to access us.

Have a wonderful time and a safe journey! I'm jealous!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Permanentnomad
Member # 33329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Permanentnomad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, amazing! Seems like I really might be going to just the right place! Would I still continue on my antibiotic treatment do you think? I guess I'm concerned because I feel like I'm on the right track (although it's been a slowwwwwwwww improvement) and I'm scared to just go off antibiotics especially when i know I'm no where near better. The b-c-a clinic sounds amazing and I'm interested in holistic therapy but wonder if they're open to incorporating their holistic approach along with the antibiotic treatment I'm already on.

@sixgoofykids, would you recommend your dr in germ? Is he/she near Augsburg? (I'm new here so not sure I can ask that- please disregard question if it's too invasive).

Posts: 4 | From CT and Germany | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Sixgoofy and I were treated by the same doctor. Look on my Bionic thread and you'll see all his contact info. You would have to stop abx if you decided to treat with him.

edited to say, "what am I thinking? of course his contact info isn't there. I will PM you a link to his contact info."

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That other clinic might be more comprehensive, I don't know anything about it. 17 Hens went where I did, but more recently.

Germany can get on Lymenet. It's the Asian countries that cannot because most of the spammers come from there.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Six, one of our German posters contacted me just this week, unable to get on. That's why it concerned me.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Permanentnomad
Member # 33329

17hens- wow. This is scary to me. I don't know why I'm so scared of it. I am uneducated I guess. I feel overwhelmed reading that thread. All these abbreviations I don't understand, the ozone sounds like a blood transfusion which scares me, and then I read that antibiotics might not be the way to go? That this bionic machine shines a light and your body heals itself?? I don't understand and I feel so overwhelmed. I don't know what the 'right' thing to do is and I am so so sick of being sick. I just don't know what to do.
Permanentnomad
Member # 33329

Six-are you completely better? Is it possible??

Just a bit about me- was bit by a tick in aug 2010. It wason me for maybe a few minutes-wasn't swollen w blood. A week later I was bit by a dog and had 10 stitches. My symptoms started four weeks to the day from being bitten by the dog. (dr said maybe Lyme transferred via saliva to my bloodstream?) anyway, fingers, joints started to swell, headaches, ringing ears, heart racing, insomnia, vivid nightmares, anxiety, exhaustion, flare up of eczema, blurry vision, brain fog. 8 months later after 3 neg western blots, I got a positive blood pcr test and started antibiotics. Never been sick before in my life, in excellent health, clean diet and then bam-can barely walk due to pain in knees and swollen toe. Now am able to walk ok (2 miles a day wthe dog), but still having trouble sleeping due to pain in the knee and sometimes trouble walking due to pain in Achilles. Eczema still flaring up. Eating alkaline diet, bought an alkaline water ionizer and had/may still be herxing from that. Cut out all sugar, gluten and yeast.

For some reason I always wind up feeling down after coming on this forum. I feel so helpless, like I may never get my life back.

karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to schedule the appointment immediately.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

I understand exactly where you're at, permanentnomad. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to overwhelm and scare you. That's why I started out with the Augsburg info.

My whole family has lyme, bartonella, babesia, so this whole journey has been pretty overwhelming and scary for me as well.

I did antibiotics too and over 13 months they got me off the couch and able to make a trip to Germany, so in that way, they were good.

During those 13 months, I did a lot of research, most of it right here on lymenet and decided when I was well enough, I'd try this treatment. It's been great for me, so I recommend it to people looking for direction.

You need to do what you feel most comfortable with, for sure. If you ever feel ready, try reading the thread (good and slow, it's a lot of info!).

It might seem like voodoo at first glance but it's science. NASA researched it, even built their own photon light machine. And the machine that Six and I have won the German Industry Award 2008.

Lyme and everything it means to us sick folk is a huge issue with so much to learn, your head can go in a hundred different directions. You need to move forward in the direction that gives you peace.

I wish you a safe journey and a quick and easy recovery (so you can enjoy your time in Germany)!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by 17hens:
Six, one of our German posters contacted me just this week, unable to get on. That's why it concerned me.

Then there's another problem. Europe wasn't "banned".

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

quote:
Originally posted by Permanentnomad:
Six-are you completely better? Is it possible??

Yes, I am. It is possible.

It is a strange sounding treatment and it's not a stand-alone treatment. You can read in my blog (below) if you'd like. I did a lot of detox, parasite treatment, etc. Mold was also a big issue for me.

But, the Bionic was the only thing I used for infections once I got off abx (aside from some tonic water for babesia symptoms).

--------------------

hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PM sent.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a german lyme forum, but it is in the German language. In case you don't read/speak German, you can also become a member of the Eurolyme forum and get advice there on treatment in Europe.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Permanet nomad, I live just 15 minutes away from Germany. There are loads of different treatments there, but if you prefer going the 'traditional' ILADS way, you got to ask around, in German would be better.

There were quite a few threads here years ago.

Eurolyme is another way to go, but they don't know much about German treatment, at least, not in the past.

I also did the photon treatment after fighting lyme for years and I found it was the fastest way to be totally well, without symptoms, without treatment.

And yes, that is possible, I'm enjoying remission for more than 2 years. I've been out of Europe, out of tick land for 2 years. I came back about a month ago and just got bitten again twice these last days...

No symptoms yet, no treatment either. Not in panic for the moment!

I guess most people who tried photons and homeopathy are people that tried quite some other treatments before. The treatment sounds too science fiction to work, that is why.

So if you feel good on your treatment, go on with it. I guess it's an almost inevitable step for all of us, who want to believe on 'conventional' treatments first.

After many months or years, you may try something else, in case you are still suffering.

But many still don't want to try, even though they never get well for years or decades!!!!

Today, I have no doubt, I would do the photon treatment first before anything else if I fall sick again. My daughter was also healed with it. It's extremely powerful for borrelia.

It's not a full solution for lyme, but it is the fastest antiinfectious treatment against borrelia I ever tried.

Good luck! I'm also a permanent nomade, I suppose!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement