LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Tipping point and disease just in case someone else hadn't posted it.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tipping point and disease just in case someone else hadn't posted it.
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found an article I just had to share with you all. We've covered a lot of traditional and non-traditional medical ground on this site. It's very interesting when you find something new to challenge your preconceptions of the disease process.

http://drmyhill.co.uk/drmyhill/images/9/9b/Dr_Myhill_Diagnosing_and_Treating_CFS_Chapter_8.pdf

Bob [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good article. Thank you.!!!
Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting, great article.
Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Bob!
Good to see you here again!!

Thanks for the interesting article. I almost read it all, but I think I got the idea.

I think we can say the same for a lyme 'cure'. I mean, like there was a tipping point where I didn't relapse anymore.

I kept relapsing every time I stopped treatment, and relapsing meant, going from non-disease to TOTAL disease again in a matter of days. And needing full treatment again.

There was no graduation passage to relapsing. Either I was fine, 'healthy' or I relapsed badly, suddenly.

Then at a certain moment (after photon treatment) the relapse cycle stopped. Even if my daughter relapsed once in 5 years, it was so easy to treat her and she got again to non-lyme state.

Before, when we both were relapsing on and off, each relapse was hell.

There must be some sort of tipping point in the immune system too, when it finally can fight borrelia easily again!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anuta
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anuta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great article, thanks for posting!!!

The hardest thing though is to find and reach to this tipping point.

For me photons were great and it helped tremendously, but I have to address protozoan parasites separately.

Hoping this will be my tipping point.

I was wondering if negative event, like any stress to the body for example fasting, could be positive to the immune system and bring it into fight mode?
It is known, that during wars people don't get sick a lot with infections, meaning immune system is on guard.

Posts: 443 | From Montreal, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Hi Brussels,

Good to see you here too. All the best to you and your family.

I'm just working on naturally getting rid of my thyroid issues. Otherwise, I just take some herbs because I like them and I test for them. Use natural medicine when I need to. I'm still very occupied on my work, right now it is some very intense computer work.

I don't think I've used my pe-1 for a year or so.

It's great to be on the right side of the tipping point. [Smile]

Anuta -- Eating puts stress on the body to digest, fasting removes that stress but stresses the body for nutrients. When the body isn't stressed towards digestion it has more time to heal the rest of the body. It will temporarily increase energy. The extra energy my stimulate the immune system ... just a thought

--------------------
Bob

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fasting was great for me too. I did that for short periods of time (about 10 days or so), with one fruit every day, otherwise nothing. It really gave my body a lot of energy.

I got bitten again last Friday. So far, so good, but it's always a bit stressful.

Bob, great you haven't touched your PE1 the last year!!!!! CONGRATS!!

I do use it for many things, but not anymore for borrelia.

I am having issues with old root canal teeth, and they will be going out, I think.

It's a big mess to do all the cavitation work, then partials, with the presence of the lyme doctor at the dentist office all the time... And then lose the dead teeth is somehow a bit sad for me...

But I guess, there is NO other choice. _Either that, or my dead teeth will slowly kill me like lyme was doing. It's been more than 5 years I don't see my lyme doc!! Next week, first time again, to treat these teeth with ozone, then decide what to do.

Wishing you two, Anuta and Bob good vacations and long term health!!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Brussels -- ozone is the way to go, I'm happy your going that route. Never been a fan of surgery. The least invasive the better. Good luck with the teeth as time does move on.

I should do some fasting, I could lose a few pounds.

--------------------
Bob

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Brussels -- I've become a proponent of sungazing lately. I've notice a huge increase in energy lately and believe it is this very simple and natural thing.

--------------------
Bob

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likely this (tip the scale in our favor) will be easier when we apply the following approach to

promoting a healthy and long life:

"P4 Medicine = health care that is predictive, preventive, personalized, and participatory."

First we have to know our own genetic makeup so that treatments/suggestions can be tailored to each person and then of course, the person has to go along with the suggestions/treatment plan.

That last one...going along with suggestions/treatment plans is a big hurdle.

We don't usually change our ways, our behavior, our habits, until faced with a crisis.

We ARE living longer and many seniors are healthy and actively engaged in "life", but many of our children are far too inactive...finger exercise (texting) doesn't "count".

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement