LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » After-the-Bite: Homeopathic Prevention of Lyme & TBIs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: After-the-Bite: Homeopathic Prevention of Lyme & TBIs
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the cheapest, easiest method I've found that just might possibly save you or a loved one from future misery. These are simple remedies that anyone can obtain and have on hand in case of a tick bite.

Alan Schmukler gives this protocol in his Homeopathy: An A to Z Home Handbook . (I did get Alan's permission to post this on another board..... And I've compared his protocol to those of other U.S. homeopaths, and they are all very, very similar.)

1st day (after a tick bite): Ledum 200C (single dose)
2nd day: Hypericum 200C (single dose)
3rd day: Borrelia burgdorferi nosode 30C . One dose a day for one week, then one dose a week for one month.

For those who are new to homeopathy, follow the directions on your bottle of remedy for a single `dose'. If there are no directions, or the directions say to take the entire contents of the bottle as a dose (which isn't necessary), then tap 3-5 pellets (or 8-10 tiny granules) of the remedy into the cap of the bottle and toss them directly onto or under your tongue. For very young children, reduce the # of pellets for a dose, or simply stir 2 pellets into a tablespoon of water in a disposable cup and give the child a sip of the water (discard the remainder and the cup).

The same protocol can be used for pets, too. Unless your animal is very large, 2 pellets (or 3-5 granules) placed in the mouth or between the teeth and gums should be sufficient. No need to worry if the pellets don't dissolve or stay in the mouth long before the animal spits them out - it will still work.

Even if you do not purchase the Bb nosode, administration of Ledum and Hypericum alone can fend off some nasty infections from bug bites of all kinds including spiders and ticks, and any bites from animals. Both of these remedies are also effective in preventing and treating Tetanus. And homeopathic remedies can be used on pets and livestock, as well as on humans.

The Ledum (Ledum palastre) and Hypericum in a 200C potency can be purchased at most larger health food stores, or ordered by smaller stores. They can also be ordered by phone or online from a number of different sources in the USA. The cost of the remedies should be under or around $10 each.

The Borrelia burgdorferi 30C nosode cannot be purchased in the USA by a `layperson'. You may be able to purchase it from a local homeopath or Naturopathic doctor, and I would try that first. If not, then here are two reputable sources in the U.K. where you can order the nosode:

Ainsworths:
http://www.ainsworths.com/site/default.aspx

Helios:
https://www.helios.co.uk/index.html

(Prices are in British Pounds: A British pound is currently worth a around $2.00 U.S.)

Currency converter website:
http://www.gocurrency.com/

Alan (the author of the above-referenced book) was bitten by a tick some years ago, got the classic bulls-eye rash, etc. He used this protocol, and he never experienced any Lyme symptoms. I myself had a small bulls-eye rash appear on my chest last May. I followed this protocol and did not notice any worsening or additional symptoms.

My old Border Collie/ Australian Shepherd mix was attacked and injured by a Pit Bull last Sunday evening. By some miracle, the injuries were fairly minor, but there were two deep puncture wounds on his leg and chest from bites which became quite painful almost immediately. I shaved and cleaned/disinfected the wound areas and treated the dog myself with Ledum and Hypericum (and topical Calendula gel for surface antibiotic protection).

I did visit the vet the next day just in case I hadn't shaved the wounds well enough. He recommended antibiotics since dog and cat bites and scratches almost always get infected. I declined the antibiotics. Within 16 hours of the Pit Bull attack, my dog was moving normally and back to his normal self. He is doing great.

About 3 weeks ago, my right palm got clawed up by a frightened, wild cat living in a rather dirty environment. The back claws made 2 puncture wounds in the pad of my thumb. Basically, I did the same thing as I did with my dog - and had little pain and no infection. And I usually get some pain, redness and swelling from any little cut or scratch. Nothing this time. And I think the last Tetanus shot I had was back in the mid 80s.

A little prevention can go a long way.
[lick]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This topic is a spin-off from a previous thread that became a little too involved for the average reader. For a more complete discussion of homeopathic prevention, here's the original link:
Homeopathic prevention of Lyme & other TBIs: A Discussion
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=066773

Although this thread is geared more towards homeo-prophylaxis (`vaccination' using homeopathic remedies), here is a brief report on a recent, historical event in Cuba using homeopathics to prevent an annual epidemic:
Cuba Makes Medical History Using Homeopathic NOSODES
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/77232?

Also, here are some sources for the Ledum 200C and Hypericum 200C remedies.

First, I would call to see if my local health food store could order remedies for me. I do that frequently here at the little store we have in my town. He can often get remedies for me up through a 200C and does not charge me any shipping. If that fails, here are some popular websites for buying remedies:

Small Flower
Chicago, IL
1-800-252-0275
Carry mostly Boiron brand homeopathics
http://www.smallflower.com/category/canh2/canh2666

Present Moment
Minneapolis, MN
800-378-3245
http://presentmoment.com/

1-800 homeopathy
Richford, VT
1-800-466-3672
Carry Customer-designed C Remedy Kits
http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/

Professional Homeopathic Labs:
(These labs generally offer remedies in #10 poppyseed-size granules, but some offer an option if you want the larger globules or pellets (BB size or smaller)

Washington Homeopathic Products
Berkeley Springs, WV
1-800-336-1695
This is a reputable lab, but my homeopath got a bottle of Arnica from them once that was a `dud' so she won't order from them anymore.
http://homeopathyworks.com/jshop/index.php

Natural Health Supply
Santa Fe, NM
(888) 689-1608
Hand-succussed remedies made in on-site laboratory
Kits, single remedies, books, amber glass bottles, etc.
(I order a lot from here)
http://www.a2zhomeopathy.com/

Hahneman Laboratories
San Rafael, CA
1-888-427-6422
Fairly expensive compared to other companies, but...
Carry many intermediate and odd potencies
Nosodes are available to patients under the care of a professional homeopath (practitioner's name required)
http://www.hahnemannlabs.com/

Computer-generated remedies:

Celletech
Madison, WI
Carry different brands
Carry many "homeotherapeutic" nosodes (available to the public)
1-800-888-4066
Page for single remedies:
http://celletech.com/commerce/catalog.jsp?catId=50&companyId=50

[ 05-22-2009, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still believ it's 2 "involved" for most, 'truth'. :/~

Now... I have one question for you... maybe 2:

Since the Lyme borrelia spirochete has been shown to be able to evade the human immune system upon entry into the new host- possibly thru modifying it's outer Osp-C protein coating to appear as domestic cells (esp. 'ketes that have had a chance to bath in the host's blood inside the tick prior to migration), how is it the 'homeopathic medicines', which one can argue basically work thru modulation of the immune system(s), can POSSIBLY have a chance in ridding the body of all the Lyme borrelia?...
even through allowing- or "stimulating"- the body to do so?? [confused]

OR, that these "tinctures" & powders- once ingested- have a "Hoot" of a chance in successfully lysing & erradicating all viable forms of the critter, via Direct microbial action?... albeit at a smaller scale, as in "early-stage Lyme"?

Just wondering... [Wink]

(Personally, I don't think even a souped-up Space Shuttle could ever knock out a small fleet of tiny Klingon ships, with "cloaking" capability. [Razz] )

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, `Kete, I wish I could help you with your questions..... but as I'm sure you know, conventional science can't (or perhaps WON'T is more accurate) attempt to explain the action of homeopathic remedies......

From a strictly bio-chemical or immunological standpoint, there is probably no known `orthodox' drug or product - or combination thereof - that will eradicate ``all viable forms of the critter, via direct microbial action''...... Which is why even the best `conventional' attempts to treat immediately after the bite can fail.

The outer surface proteins of the ketes are only ONE way to identify the invaders..... and since homeopathics operate more along the lines of harmonics and resonances, the identification and eradication system is altogether dissimilar. If I could explain how this, works, I'd be rich. [Smile]

Besides, even the Klingons had to un-cloak to perform certain functions - attacking, for instance. [Smile] Not even the Klingons can remain invisible ALL the time.... and neither can ketes.... and protozoa and viruses....

Reports from homeopaths `in the field' who use this or a similar protocol - even in endemic areas - attest to its efficacy.

And now one question for you..... well, maybe two....

What exactly - other than about $30 - do you have to lose by trying this protocol?

Why do you say this is `too involved for most', Kete? It's very simple - anyone can do it. Or perhaps you were just injecting some tongue-in-cheek humor there.....

--------------------
Tracy

'Kete-tracker
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$30 (?) for the 3 mentioned at the top? Ain't bad.
But I would LUV to see a comparison of efficacy of this protocol with the standard 'doxy' route, when it comes to a group of patients who are exposed to the Lyme borrelia via, say, tiny skin injections.

BUT, because it is SO important to knock BB out during the 1st few weeks before they dissmeinate, I'm not sure it would even be ethical to submit a control group to a placebo trial after the innoculations.

Still, I'd be curious as to some studies regards the effectiveness of this homeopathic approach for 'early stage' Lyme. It certainly shows promise vs. not doing anything, a situation encountered "out on the trail"- only thru lack of resources.

Guess I'm just too old-school, but when I read about things like "harmonics" & "resonance" in a biological setting, my eyes start to wince.
I work with those all the time in my Field, but radio waves enveloping [or radiating] from metal structures are a far cry from homeopathic proucts' effects on cells. Thanx for your response. -'Kete

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Hey, thanks for taking time to ask questions, Kete.

Yep, about $30 if you can find all 3 in the states, maybe a bit more if you have to get the Bb nosode from overseas. And that should be enough for at least 15 or so treatments (depending on size of bottle, size of pellets, etc.)

I agree..... in your proposed trial, it would be unethical to force a control group into going the `doxy' route.... (heh, heh. Just a bit of teasing there, Kete).

But as you wisely pointed out, this sure beats getting caught with no conventional, preventative treatment available, for whatever reason.

Given your work background, you may have a better chance of understanding how homeopathics work than the average person..... the theories behind the various branches of Physics will put you in the right ballpark (methinks).

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

[Razz] **bumping up for Spring Tick Season** [Big Grin]

You know, I considered making up a bunch of 'kits' and sending them to anyone who asked for them - for free. But then I'd probably get thrown in jail for 'practicing medicine without a license' or something, so I guess everyone is on their own. [shake]

--------------------
Tracy

Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey truth,

thanks for the thread. i've tried a similar approach, but without the borellia nosode,
that worked for me (with olive leaf tho),
and worked for my dog on it's own.

i want the borellia nosode, but, if the remedies come from overseas,
do you have to worry about them being deactivated
by all the scanning and emf exposure?

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

That's great, Mo! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I think adding the Bb nosode may offer a little more protection as far as Lyme goes but the Ledum and Hypericum alone are quite powerful preventatives by themselves.

Well, both Ainsworths and Helios are large, international suppliers of homeopathic remedies. If there were a problem with mail scanners, I feel sure that we'd know about it.

The Ainsworths remedy I ordered for my dog worked fine, and two remedies I've used that I got from India worked, as well. One homeopath who goes to Bali every 2 years takes her remedy kit through the airport scanners and the remedies still work. And she's been taking the same kit there for years so the remedies have survived multiple exposures.

There is ONE OTHER OPTION I didn't mention above. If you (or your minor child) are under the care of a homeopath, you can order nosodes from Hahnemann Labs out in California. You just have to supply them with the name of your homeopath. I have done this myself; in fact, that is where I got my Bb nosode. This is the only USA Lab I've found that will do this, and it's a great service.
http://www.hahnemannlabs.com/index.html

You won't find nosodes or `restricted' remedies listed in their public catalog. You have to call them and tell them what you want. Or you can e-mail them with questions.

Hahnemann Labs is a very reputable and respected company. While they tend to be a bit expensive compared to other U.S. labs, they offer some very unusual remedies, and they offer odd potencies that other labs don't.

If you think you might want to `share' any remedy with someone else, get a larger size bottle! It's usually not much more price-wise. It's also great if you want to make up a small `kit' to keep in your purse or backpack or overnight bag. I wish I had done this way back when..... I now keep a small supply of little 1/2 dram amber bottles and little ziplock pill baggies for `sharing' or making up little travel kits.

--------------------
Tracy

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my dog got bit twice in two days.

aaaaah...spring.

i'm trying this but have not picked up the borellia yet.

he is sleeping all day and has a dry nose and hot head.

so, i'm doing the ledum and the hypericum 200c, and am going to research whether there is anything else i have on hand to use.

he definitely is infected.

mo

--------------------
life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage
-- anais nin

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Ooooh, sorry, Mo! I'm sure you are worried. [Frown]

Since your dog has symptoms of infection - those symptoms are typical of my cat when he gets clawed up and infected - I think I would repeat the Ledum 200C, maybe once every day or every other day until improvement of sx..... it's hard to advise other people, especially about pets and higher potencies.

OR, if you have a decent vet, there's nothing wrong with getting a round of doxy for your canine friend if you are concerned, especially since he has symptoms.....

Please let us know how it goes.....

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

If you already have the Hypericum and Ledum remedies, here are some other infections that can often be prevented using those same remedies.

These infections can come from insect bites, animal bites and scratches, or contaminated objects that puncture or scratch the skin. Begin homeopathic treatment AS SOON AS POSSIBLE after exposure - time can be a critical factor in prevention:

West Nile Virus (mosquito bites): Ledum (200C twice a day for 2 days)

Tetanus : Ledum 200C once a day for 2 days followed by one dose of Hypericum 200C the 3rd day.

Bartonella (Cat Scratch Fever) : Hypericum, Ledum (no specific protocol found)

Insect bites (in general): Hypericum, Ledum

Animal bites (in general): Hypericum, Ledum

--------------------
Tracy

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, this sounds like a great protocol, with or without the use of antibiotics.

As far as "practicing medicine without a license" you'd have to check on laws in the state you live in, and in the state you would be sending to.

In my state, as long as you are not "diagnosing" or claiming to "cure" anything, anyone can buy, use, give, or sell homeopathics.

I've also made up a nosode series remedy directly from an offending tick. It muscle tests as very powerful.

It seems to contain information on all the pathogens the tick is carrying, whether identified by a lab or not. I make these on an energy copier machine, so they don't carry any actual debris from the tick itself.

I have a fantasy (either sick, or brilliant, however you look at it) of collecting tick samples from all around the country, and testing how the pathogens they carry compare, and then making zone specific series remedies. I think I'd want to combine them with the homeopathics Tracy suggests.

Another After the Bite suggestion, while not entirely homeopathic, is Venex Bee Venom Ointment directly on the bite. It tests very well, and research shows the venom kills ketes. So does iodine, for that matter.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree on the bee venom, if the dog is not allergic to it. My daughter developed allergy to the venon after a few times. It is very powerful as a killer.

I would also use sliced garlic, and tape to the wound. I know the dog would take it off though...

I just realized that I've been using arnica homeopathic for quite a long time as killer. I used it for my daughter after a tick bite and that almost alone controled infection. It was 5X I think.

Now she tests for the 200K of arnica and it still tests as killer (her borrelia is activated again). I wonder if Tracy would have an opinion about arnica as a killer. It's more known as a trauma relief plant, though.

Bejoy, great that the tick remedy is testing as preventative. I used my own home made tick soup remedy too after what I learned with Tracy. I found it was very helpful too.

Even though it was not enough to deal with the infection at that time. Today, with photons, I would trust it even more.

Great idea to collect ticks and do a general remedy for all. I think it's a great idea.

The hypericum - ledum idea is a great idea. I would also collect lower diluted ones, from ledum about 30D and also from hypericum to keep varying them with the higher potency ones 200C. I have a feeling that the use of both low and higher diluted substances work better in different phases of infection.

Good luck with your dog, Mo. My cat took both ledum and hypericum when I first started treating her, she reacted great. These are potent remedies for animals, I feel. I got excellent results.

Then I added some garlic powder in her food for parasites, and got her treated further. I used hypericum for quite some time for her due to mycoplasma. I think hypericum works well with myco (at least for my cat).

Good luck, and thanks Tracy to have pulled this thread up again! Great protocol!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks bejoy and Brussels!

I was hoping we'd hear something back from Mo about her dog.

Oh, bejoy, I love your idea of `tick gathering' and making remedies. Personally, I'd love to have a remedy made from `the sickest tick on the planet' to use as a preventative. I believe this would give sufficient `information' to the body about most of the common co-infections.

I also suspect that in some cases - if not many cases - some of these co-infections already exist in a person's body but are operating at a low level. When a tick bite occurs, even if the tick doesn't pass these organisms through the bite, the bugs are somehow `activated' into becoming aggressive or pathogenic. But a `sick tick' remedy might help prevent activation of existing, latent organisms - not just the ones that come from the tick itself. Just my own theory.

I don't know about Bee Venom ointment used topically on bites. I'll have to rely on the experiences of others. I've read that Apis - the homeopathic version of bee venom - should not be used topically on `open wounds or cuts'. Perhaps this makes some sense in light of what Brussels said about her daughter having an allergic reaction. Apis is a remedy often indicated for allergic reactions - like hives or anaphylaxis - so what it can `cure', it can also `cause'!

And topical Arnica is also contraindicated for any cut, wound, or abrasion of the skin, either as a tincture, gel, or in higher potencies. Well, a tick bite isn't exactly an open wound or an abrasion, so not a clear example for either Apis or Arnica. I think I'd use something like iodine or Calendula tincture/extract, possibly hydrogen peroxide.

Brussels, apparently you are right about the `killing' ability of Arnica! In the `Wounds'' section of one of my books, 3 of the top 4 remedies for reducing pain, preventing tissue damage and preventing infection, are:

Arnica - Ragged wounds, cuts and tears with jagged surfaces
Ledum - Puncture wounds (from needles, nails, as well as insect and animal bites)
Hypericum - Puncture wounds (as above) and wounds that are very painful

Then in my homeopathic cat and dog book, Arnica is the FIRST remedy the author uses after a pet is bitten by a dog or cat. It's great for the mental trauma issue, but `it can prevent abscesses and minimize tissue trauma and damage'.

Easter weekend, some out-of-town friends had one of their 5-month old `barn cats' crawl up into the engine compartment of a guest's car. When their guest started the car, the kitten was caught in the fan belt and sustained some nasty injuries. (By some miracle, the cat wasn't killed or fatally injured.) The cat's tail is clearly `broken' and there are some nasty lacerations on the tail and other parts of the body. The cat was also in shock and traumatized They called and asked me what to do!

I knew they had both Ledum 30C and Arnica 30C in `liquid' form. Based on the `ragged wounds' indication, above, and the `trauma' to the tail, and the mental shock and trauma, I suggested that they use the Arnica 30C, 3 times a day. I don't think they've had time to do 3 doses a day, but they said yesterday that though the cat has lost weight, it is now a week later and kitty is out catching mice and acting pretty `normal'. Apparently, his tail still sticks out at an angle, though. So, we will see how well Arnica 30C does on this poor kitty for fighting infection! It's too early to tell, for sure. (I hesitate to speculate on the `broken' tail problem, especially since I haven't seen it.)

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great story about the poor cat, Tracy! It makes my 'findings' some sense. I used arnica gel only for bruises (no cut) or when my daughter bumps her head.

I think my lyme doctor gave me arnica (if my memory is good) to PREVENT me having infections after my teeth surgery. I started on arnica before the surgery together with staphisangria.

I took two teeth off, had a big cavitation 'surgery' in my jaw bones and everything I took to prevent further infection was my own teeth crushed and made into homeopathic dilutions + staphisangria + arnica. No antibiotic.

I felt barely any pain from the surgery after the anesthesy weaned, to tell the truth. No infection whatsoever. It was like magic.

I wonder what were the effects of arnica and what were the effects from staphisangria. The combination looks to me wonderful.

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Wow, Selma - I thought Arnica for dental work was just for the PAIN! This is quite interesting about Arnica..... and your own teeth made into a remedy! Wow!..... and Staphysagria is the other top remedy recommended for `Wounds'', but I always thought Staph. was for PAIN, too! Hmmmm.... you've shed new light on this subject.

Also good to know about Hypericum for your cat's mycoplasma issues.

Apparently, Hypericum is often used ``for antidoting the effects of radiation and EMFs (electrical fields)'' - I found that some time ago in one of my books..... and I'm convinced that EMFs/EMRs play a role in chronic microbial diseases!

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Hey Tracy, maybe he prescribed them for pain, I don't know. I just know he seemed to have developed that combination for all his patients that do these dental surgeries.

I didn't get any infection after it, and I took (I think) both arnica and staph before the operation (but my memory could be bad...). I certainly took them after too.

I'll be taking more two teeth off and will let you know. I guess that the crushed teeth could be part of the anti-infective medication.

But I wonder if this crushed teeth alone would prevent further infections as the cut was deep and my bones were exposed, drilled into etc. I took just nothing to prevent infection and I had just been bitten by a tick and was herxing hell the day of the operation. Many active coinfections at that time.

When I think now, I find it amazing the wound didn't get infected, nor the bones, without any antibiotic preventative treatment.

and that I felt almost no pain after the operation, this is even more astonishing.

----
Great to know that about Hypericum! thanks for saying!

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Selma, that is amazing that you got no infection. I suspect both Arnica and the Staphysagria helped a LOT with pain, especially the Staph. Thanks for reminding me about the benefit of Staph for that very thing. I've never used it and I should try it! It sounds like it worked wonders in your case.

Here's a tip from one of my home prescribing books about Dental Work..... To prevent infection from dental work or tooth extraction, take Hepar-sulph (6x or 6c) after the procedure. (This author believes that the lower potencies of Hepar-sulph work better on infection, but I suspect 30c would work, too, which is the potency in most remedy kits.)

I've had excellent success with Hepar-sulph for all kinds of infections - Cat's abscesses, my own abscessed tooth, and then for my sinus/cold problems last winter. I used a 30c for all of those - I didn't have a lower potency. I didn't know it could be used for prevention of infection from dental work.

Good news! The little cat that got injured is doing really well! I had my friend `sniff' the cat all over - sometimes you can smell infection in an animal before it actually manifests physically. No smell! So, hopefully, the kitty will be fine. My friend said that even the tail seems a little straighter now..... And the cat only got homeopathic treatment for maybe 2-3 days total.

Now I'm on the hunt for a preventative for exposure to Hantavirus. I've found nothing, so far, and my friends in the country have had terrible mouse problems all winter, even in their houses. This is one of the hemorrhagic diseases, with no known cure or specific treatment. It can be fatal. [Frown] We've had several cases in the area the past few years.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

*Up* for weekend tick bites....

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

**up**

--------------------
Tracy

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey tracy. thanks for bumping this up.

quick question: if you can't get access to the borrelia nosode, should you take more than one dose each of the two homeopathics?

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/violinexplosion

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

You are welcome.

That's a good question. I don't think I would repeat doses of the Ledum & Hypericum if I didn't have the Borrelia-b nosode.

BUT, I think if more than a day or two had passed before I could start the protocol, then perhaps I would repeat the Ledum and Hypericum doses again in 5-7 days, especially if any symptoms had developed (including a rash, swelling, redness or pain around the bite) that were NOT improving after the first round of treatment.

If symptoms persist a week after the second round, then it becomes more `treatment' than `prevention', and it's time to consult with an experienced homeopath. Treatment with a homeopath for an `acute' problem that hasn't been around long is usually pretty inexpensive, straightforward, and well worth the price, IMHO. A few dollars spent before a serious problem develops is a wise investment.

Thanks for the inquiry, heiwalove. [Smile] Also....

I edited my 2nd post (above) and included online sources for remedies for those who might need it.

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

**up** Hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

**up**

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

For those who develop symptoms from a bite, who feel they can't afford or don't have access to either an experienced homeopath or a Lyme Literate doctor, here's another quote from Alan Schumkler's book in the Lyme Disease section:

quote:
Note: There is a combination remedy called LymePlex which may help some cases of Lyme disease. I know of one woman who was cured by it after conventional treatment failed. It contains ten remedies covering the various states of Lyme disease........ It is available, by prescription, from King Bio Pharmaceuticals.....
I've found LymePlex offered for sale at a number of Internet sites that sell to the public. I know of one person who ordered it off the Internet herself about 2 years ago.

I decided to post this info because LymePlex is mentioned in a July 2007 article on Autism Recovery posted at Dr. K's website:

quote:
``Almost every child with ASD we have tested so far has been positive for Lyme disease,'' says Dr. Klinghardt...... Products Dr. Klinghardt explores with patients include PC-Samento and PC-Noni from Biopure, ...... LymePlex spray by King Bio .......''

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/AutismRecovery.pdf

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

**Bumping up for Happytoes**

--------------------
Tracy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement