LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » eye floaters so bad like driving with muddy windshield

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: eye floaters so bad like driving with muddy windshield
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is there anything we can do about floaters in the eyes?

it's getting worse and worse over here.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to hear some responses because floater drive me nuts.
Posts: 213 | From ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Anti-oxidants are key.

There are many expansive threads on "Floaters" in the archives. You can find those with the search site:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to end all eye symptoms, including floaters, by drinking mangosteen juice, an anti-inflammatory antioxidant juice.

There are lots of brands available in stores and online. Everyday I drink a little of the Ultra brand with 70 minerals added. If you try it, go slowly and drink water too.

You can do a search for our previous mangosteen threads here. We all respond differently.

Posts: 13117 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
street129
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for street129     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i keep forgetting to drink mines, so much pills, going at it now...put a little in a glass of water....and drink... i notice my floaters are returning..time to dirnk the mangosteen...

--------------------
IgM: Neg Neg 34IND 39IND
41+ 83-93IND

IgG: Neg Neg 41+

cfs, hhv6, mycobacterium, hsv1, cmv, pirovirus, and Epstein Barr virus.... digestive system

GOD GIVE IT, AND GOD CAN TAKE IT AWAY

Posts: 655 | From new york | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfall1969
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfall1969     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My vision has been really bad as of late as well. Today it's about as bad as it has ever been.

Mangosteen didn't do a whole lot for me, yet when I miss a day or so, I can tell a difference, if that makes any sense.

Still looking for the answer myself.

Posts: 1682 | From Dillsburg, PA | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Really, in the past threads, there is a wealth of detail about what one can do to help this.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilacs48
Member # 20025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilacs48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I drink the mangosteen juice while I'm taking abxs?
Posts: 75 | From Missouri | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dsiebenh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dsiebenh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about floaters... but my right eye looks like I am looking thru a very dirty windshield. I also lost blue and light orange vision.

This occurred after my doxy went from 100mg 2x/day to 150mg 2x/day.

It was eventually dx by a neurological opthomologist as Optic Neuritis. Supposedly takes 8-10 weeks to resolve, though I still have significant sx at 7 weeks.

They dx this in people with MS and Lyme. IMO its all the same so it doesn't really matter.

Keep your inflammation low, if you feel you have this. It's caused by an inflamed optic nerve. I was told you can recover, but don't want to keep having episodes, or risk permanent damage.

Good luck.

Posts: 252 | From NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
anyone with eye problems,

I hope your LLMD(s) have been made aware of this and that an eye exam has been done. Not everything is lyme and it's good to have an eye doctor take a basic look.

If Optic Neuritis - that can also be caused by one or more type of porphyria, a condition from an overwhelmed liver. Many patients with lyme also have a sort of secondary porphyria, KPU/HPU - or one of the other types.

Are you on good liver support? Liver support and antioxidants are key.

According to one link: Optic Neuritis, a central nervous system effect of porphyria, is defined as inflammation of the optic nerve.

Inflammation is over the top for those lyme. As mentioned above, in addition to treating the infection, liver support and anti-oxidants, specific support measures to lessen inflammation are vital. Turmeric capsules, or its stronger extract, Curcumin, should be very helpful. Berries, too.

You'll find more with a cross-search at Google for: "optic neuritis" porphyria

Regarding lyme:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/91842?

Porphyria discussion here

=====================

http://porphyriafacts.tripod.com/ocular.html

PORPHYRIA FACTS - OCULAR MANIFESTATIONS

Forty questions and answers

======================

BASIC but filled with exceptional details:

http://tinyurl.com/dc9u8c (Through Amazon)

The Eye Care Revolution: Prevent and Reverse Common Vision Problems - by Robert Abel, Jr. M.D.

You can read customer reviews and look inside the book.

==========

http://www.vrp.com/ArticlesCategory.aspx?k=Vision_Sight

35 articles on Vision and Sight, from the perspective of nutritional support and self-care:

One of those:

http://www.vrp.com/articles.aspx?ProdID=art1068&zTYPE=2

Vision: Natural Ways to Maintain Eye Health - By Jim English

==================

Search at Google and on YouTube:

YOGA FOR YOUR EYES
-

[ 03-22-2010, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treat Yeast too
Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will look at the old threads--sometimes I forget to do that first.

I've had a full medical eye exam. My LLMD knows about the floaters. I do liver support with milk thistle, I'm treating the yeast all the time, and I take supps that support the immune system: NAC, ALA, 3000 vit C a day, and probably others.

I'll also look into the mangosteen, which I've never tried.

thanks for the responses

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tiffagoo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tiffagoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have eye floaters as well. This has been a very common symptom for me. I haven't had an eye exam but I will do so in the near future.

I asked my doctor about liver support such as milk thistle but he said it interferes with the antibiotics that I'm taking.

Is there anything I can use for liver support that won't interfere with my antibiotic treatment?

Thanks for any and all advice, tiffagoo

Posts: 151 | From california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to detox to get rid of the floaters

FIR Sauna, detox foot patches, liver cleanse, rebounding.. For me, the first start was the patches, and worked my way from there.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the detox foot patches were proved a myth...
Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proved a myth by who?

I can only tell you that I used the ones by AKG Naturals every single day for a year. And my floaters cleared up within a month when I started the patches (3rd month into abx treatment). My treatment also took a significant turn for the better when I did.

I am a big believer in you get what you pay for. There's no doubt a lot of ripoff stuff out there.

I have my life back, am off abx, and have been for more than 5 years now. I still will try to use the patches about 1 week a month since life is perpetually toxic.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement