LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Nest Cam - Very cool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nest Cam - Very cool
momintexas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23391

Icon 7 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.raptorresource.org/falcon_cams/

She has 3 eggs that are estimated to hatch tomorrow.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sleeping!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that's so amazing! I'll have to check it out tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this with us [Smile]
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor thing - it's a really windy day.

She has a snack in the lower left hand corner.

Posts: 1408 | From Tx | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching and the momma and daddy bird traded places so the other could go eat.

This will get real interesting when the 3 eggs hatch.

Unusal to grow more than 2. Sometimes the 3rd is a runt. Parents just cant fetch enough food.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She got off the eggs and checked them. I got to see all three eggs! It was so cool!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is neat! Thanks a lot! I will be watching all day now.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look closely when the parent gets up to shift the eggs. They seem to be changing positions more often now. I noticed that one egg is cracked and another already has a hole in it, you could see the baby's beak sticking up through it!
Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I got to see them switch! I think it's the female who does most of the "nest fixing" .. she keeps pulling the nesting material closer to the eggs.

There is information on the eagles if you scroll down on the page.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anybody watch the puppycam a couple years ago? Some guy had a camera in his dog's kennel in the kitchen and you could watch 24/7. You could watch them learn to walk and then start wrestling with each other. It was so cute.
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Is the cam working now?? my pic just freezes

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

I can see the parent bird breathing so the camera must be working.
momintexas
Member # 23391

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momintexas   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is working. I think I saw 2 eggs with cracks in them earlier!

I wonder how long it takes them to actually break out of their shells.

BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still 3 eggs and no hatchlings...

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw one hatch about 10 min ago and hear it chirping. Don't know how they can breath with the Eagle sitting on the chicks, but I guess she/he knows what to do. This is so adorable to watch.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the changing of the guard, and saw the newborn chick! So cute!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momintexas
Member # 23391

I saw that too! It looks like only one has hatched so far?
momintexas
Member # 23391

Oh, just saw it again - just one so far.
sammy
Member # 13952

The baby is so adorable! There's still only one hatched. It's so tiny compared to the mama. I love to see how gentle the parent birds are. They pull the nesting material up around them like it's a blanket. So sweet!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I just saw the baby chick a few minutes ago!! So cute and actually bigger than I would have thought!

I heard a hawk ( I think ) in the distance. Dad was a little anxious. (sounded pretty close, really)

Hope nothing happens to any of those chicks! We'll all be devastated!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH MY GOSH!! I just saw the male eagle feed the baby some of the rabbit carcass that is there on the nest!! A M A Z I N G !! I waited 45 min for some action .. and boy did I get it!! ( no jokes! ) [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

Lymetoo, I saw that too! So amazing [Smile]
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Isn't it the male who's been on the nest all afternoon??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

24 hr "collage" .. for those who missed the action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_pme0dPhs

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
someone else who is watching,,,one of MANY thousand,,said the eggs were laid about 2 days apart from last.

So should be another chick there Monday or so.

Watched the elder feed the newborn the rabbit too. Was that Peter rabbit or the Ether bunny???

They ARE scavengers of dead animals/prey prefered over live. So maybe we can presume a road kill or similiar.

Alot of eagles overwinter at a generating dam north of here. They set in trees waiting for a dead fish after going thru the generators that convert water fall to electricity.

I didnt know much about there lifestyle till I had a pair nesting on my property. After 10-12 years they moved a half mile to where they get LESS interupted.

People were hounding them to death.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

We have eagles here too. I think I've seen one. It went by pretty fast as I was driving. Would like to see more. They are all around the lake here. I know what you mean about the dam. We have buzzards that hang out there! Maybe eagles too, I don't know!

Yuck on the dead rabbit. Didn't know it was likely dead when they got it. Glad we don't have smell-a-vision. Don't they also kill them?

I haven't seen either eagle eat .. unless he/she was taking a few bites between the feeding of the chick.

as for the other eggs.. thanks for info on when they were laid. I was wondering why we didn't have a second chick yet.

Amazing how the chicks can eat the meat straight from the rabbit. Many chicks are fed regurgitated food. (pre-digested)

he just fed the chick again! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My grandsons and I just watched the Eagle feeding the first hatchling. They thought it was soooo cute!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Wasn't that awesome!?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

I saw 2 chicks this morning and no third egg!
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two babies hatched and one egg still in the nest.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

TWO chicks!!? Wow! I just checked the site but didn't watch for very long. COOL!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The newest baby was just cracking me up. It kept trying to sit up and it would fall over backwards. It was SO cute! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw the 2 chicks too! Soooo cute and furry...fuzzy...not sure how to describe them except too cute!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

TF, I saw an egg with the 2 chicks. It looked ready to hatch to me.

++ editing ++ uh oh.. maybe there isn't another egg .. looks like a hatched egg

and the second chick looks awfully weak. Hope that is normal for its day old age.

[ 04-03-2011, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

The site says this:

First hatch 4/2/11.
24-hour collage of first egg pip and hatch

Second hatch 4/3/2011.
First glimpse of second hatchling

Third hatch expected in a couple of days.

+++++++++

I just saw the egg there. They're still trying to feed the new hatchling. Not being real successful.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momintexas
Member # 23391

What's in the lower corner? It looks like a bird??
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Yep!! There's also a dead fish along with the dead rabbit. They have quite a pantry there!! LOL

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momintexas
Member # 23391

Wow! Apparently I missed a lot today.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] I got to see one of them bring the fish up there! I was surprised!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Just had another feeding. One parent brought a new animal to the nest (prarie dog?), and the other one fed the chicks.

The oldest chick is attacking its sibling. How will that third chick even have a chance against him?

momintexas
Member # 23391

That wind will just not give them a break!!

I keep missing all of the good stuff.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Do we have 3 chicks today??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

Nope. Still 2 and an egg.
sammy
Member # 13952

The 3rd chick should be here anytime now! They zoomed in on the egg this morning and you could see where a part of the shell was cracked and lifted up away from the rest. Must be hard work for the little one to break through.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

They just brought another fish up there!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momintexas
Member # 23391

The fish has been consumed!
Lymetoo
Member # 743

OH.. I missed that!

Consider this .. The parents provide for their young without argument. They share their responsibilities with each other. They would never think about neglecting their young. And abuse is out of the question.

Isn't that how God created us all? Only we humans mess things up!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TF
Member # 14183

The third egg is now empty! A big piece of it is off. But, I didn't get to see the new baby.
momintexas
Member # 23391

Yes tutu.....that's exactly how it's supposed to be.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

It would be a wonderful world without child abuse .. or any other kind of abuse.

still haven't seen that egg today!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

sammy
Member # 13952

The 3rd chick hatched earlier this evening around 7:30-8pm. It came out when the parents were feeding the other two babies. It's amazing how much the older two have grown in just a few days. The new one looks so fragile compared to them.
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mother is having a heck of a time trying to keep all three chicks in the nest.

They keep trying to climb out and she has to pull more twigs and nesting up to keep them in.

It's really cute to watch. Anyone else wondering when the mother gets some private time and a square meal? [lol]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Yes, the babies are pretty hilarious right now. They keep popping out the front and sides of the parent.

The oldest one is really big and refuses to be kept under the parent any more. You can see him all the time now.

TF
Member # 14183

To catch them when they are feeding the babies, bring up the site and have your sound on. Then, minimize the site and stay at or near your computer.

When you hear the chicks chirping, then make the site full screen. They make a lot of noise when they are going to be fed.

Works every time.

They feed about every half hour now.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

That's what I do, TF! I finally figured that out! I can be online and when I hear sounds, I "tune in."

You can usually hear when the mate returns.

I'm with you gael.. when do they EAT? Haven't seen them eat much .. but I would guess they eat when they leave the nest.

I have seen the adults sleep after dark.

Can you imagine what it will be like when all 3 are a week or more old?? quite a crew to handle!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something so universal about Motherhood.

I laugh when I see the oldest baby constantly pushing past Mom and her struggles to make him "stay put".

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I just found this and got hooked up.

Can't leave my laptop! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a show today!

I saw the chicks having lunch. The newest hatchling can barely work his beak yet. Mom was very patient.

This big one is grabby, poking the little one.

And the other guy woke up with half the nest stuck to his face. Obviously the comedian in the family.

Then Dad flew up and got scolded for not bringing food. Mom flew off to show him how it's done!

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This big one is grabby, poking the little one.
He was so nasty! I started hating him.
Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

[lol] BoxerMom!!

kadee.. Ever hear of the pecking order?? It's all a part of nature. Maybe it teaches the young ones to be tough.

Amazing how the adults can work their beaks to feed them. Those beaks are pretty big!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momintexas
Member # 23391

Wow! It's so windy today...........
momintexas
Member # 23391

That one little one better sit down and get tucked under or he's going to be blown out of the nest!
Heleneh
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heleneh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this. At one time I bred and raised canaries and birds can be such great parents. This is great. Thanks for posting it.
Posts: 140 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momintexas:
That one little one better sit down ....

-
How many times did I say that as a teacher!!?? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mom is such a good Mom. Dad isn't so bad either.

You've just gotta love NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no - the mom has flown away for a moment. hopefully she comes back soon!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

OMG..The mom doesn't look so good. Covered with snow. Hope she is still alive. Can't someone help keep them safe when the weather turns bad? Very upsetting.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

glm1111
Member # 16556

Oh GREAT! She's okay and the snow is melting. So relieved as I have become very found of this wonderful mother. Her husband just flew in and landed. He flies the coup a lot. [lol]

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

sammy
Member # 13952

Go look at the babies, they are fully grown and will be fledging in a few days!

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

momintexas
Member # 23391

Wow!! I haven't looked at this in a long time. It's amazing to see how big they are.
glm1111
Member # 16556

I have looked at the nest cam everday to watch the eaglets since they hatched. They have been sitting on a branch in a tree for about a week. They fly from branch to branch, but haven't seen them fly anywhere.

The camera hasn't shown the nest recently, and when I look at night the camera is black.

Sammy,

are you saying that they are ready to take off and fly away? I thought they still come back to the nest to be fed, because they don't know how to hunt yet.

Very interesting indeed.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And did you notice how many people are watching this too? More than 27,000 right now.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I kept forgetting to watch!! I thought about it about 3 wks ago and by the time I got home I had forgotten about it again. Sigh.

They really are big!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement